Sentinel (DoFP) vs. Superman (MoS)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Firefly218
A sentinel from X-Men DoFP vs. MoS Supes

Fight is in metropolis

Technically, supes could be considered a mutant by the sentinels right? Because supes has a different DNA from conventional humans

Zack Fair
Depends if Superman's DNA can somewhat match a human's--which is unlikely.

As for an actual fight I think the Sentinel will benefit from a no-limits fallacy plot device win. At least the future version. I don't remember if the future versions managed to get destroyed at all. The 70s sentinels get owned though.

Darth Martin
This is a joke right? One sentinel? Even if they could adapt to that level of power; it'd be too late as it hasn't faced anything remotely close to the raw power of a Kryptonian.

Superman in a cakewalk.

Time Immemorial
Superman curb stomps, he doesn't have the mutant x gene.

Epicurus
^Except for Magneto and Storm. 2 of them had enough strength to rip apart Colossus in his metallic form.

Honestly, these were less like Sentinels, more like the Fury from Captain Britain comics. I guess that was Singer's way of introducing him to the cinematic 'verse.

Darth Martin
They're good. But Superman is out of they're league. A few of them against Hulk would be nice though.

Epicurus
^No he's not. They can access the powers of other mutants via Mystique's shapeshifting powers, in order to adapt appropriately to the threat at hand.

Future Sentinels win. Original versions get demolished though.

Darth Martin
They have to be durable enough to withstand an initial attack though. Same principle as the Borg. A few have to be sacrificed before they can fully adapt. One sentinel isn't going to cut it. If Magneto and Storm can destroy many then one has NO chance against Kal El.

ares834
Superman wins with laughable ease.

Epicurus
Originally posted by Darth Martin
They have to be durable enough to withstand an initial attack though. Same principle as the Borg. A few have to be sacrificed before they can fully adapt. One sentinel isn't going to cut it. If Magneto and Storm can destroy many then one has NO chance against Kal El.
Magneto and Storm destroyed them by overloading the reactor core of the X-aircraft with lightning strikes. And they weren't even actually destroyed, as scores of the things were seen flying towards the monastery even after Magneto's little stunt with the X-ship.

wakkawakkawakka
Originally posted by Epicurus
Magneto and Storm destroyed them by overloading the reactor core of the X-aircraft with lightning strikes. And they weren't even actually destroyed, as scores of the things were seen flying towards the monastery even after Magneto's little stunt with the X-ship.

The ones caught in the blast were definitely destroyed.

Also w/o the ability to adapt to Supes DNA, the Kryptonian stomps.

Even if it did, it would need to survive an initial strike which I doubt it would be capable of doing since even the mutants were destroying them prior to adapting.

Epicurus
Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
Even if it did, it would need to survive an initial strike which I doubt it would be capable of doing since even the mutants were destroying them prior to adapting.
WTH are you talking about? They were owning the mutants left and right.erm

wakkawakkawakka
^ Prior to adapting the mutants were able to take a few of them down.

And since its just one and not an entire legion of them, Supes takes this.

SevenShackles
More sentinels should be added to this fight..

I'm curious when did it state the target needed mutant DNA for the sentinel to adapt? I figured if it was being blasted with ice it adapted using the most useful power (fire).

Also why do people constantly bring up the target isn't mutant? (Seen this argument brought up a few times) I would think the natural assumption is the sentinel is sent to fight whoever the opposing character is.. I never see anyone bring such things up in fights like 'batman vs robin fight to the death' where they wouldn't do that.. But for the sake of the thread we assume they would under some circumstance whatever it may be.

wakkawakkawakka
^ Because the people(myself included) can't stand seeing their favorites loosing due to something rather convenient like adapting.

Also as far as the sentinels are concerned, they don't need the DNA necessarily but the do need to be hit by a mutant power in order to adapt and overcome it. Otherwise, the sentinels would all be either armored or diamond up while flying and the Blackbird exploding wouldn't have done nearly as much damage.

I did notice that they only adapt to one ability at a time so that could possibly be exploited right?

TH3_V01D
Superman wins.

Sentinel would have better luck in the MCU, they would rape pretty hard there

quanchi112
Futuristic sentinels stomp Supeman who can't even hold up an inanimate object. It gets harder when the objects fight back.

God Cloth Seiya
Just one sentinel? Supes stomps.

quanchi112
Originally posted by God Cloth Seiya
Just one sentinel? Supes stomps. Based on what ?

Sentinel adapts and stomps.

God Cloth Seiya
There were several sentinels that were destroyed by people like storm, Magneto,and bishop. All are which weaker than supes and no sentinel has adapted to supermans level of power.

wakkawakkawakka
Originally posted by quanchi112
Based on what ?

Sentinel adapts and stomps.

Based on Supes not having an X gene or mutant powers that Sentinels would adapt to. That and the fact that the Sentinels can be damaged by the mutants prior to adapting and have problems tanking explosions.

quanchi112
There were several sentinels that were destroyed by people like storm, Magneto,and bishop. All are which weaker than supes and no sentinel has adapted yo supermans level of power. This is Superman whose powers are vastly different. The sentinel adapts and stomps him. Superman cannot adapt but the Sentinel can. Unlike superman the mutants powers also varied greatly.

God Cloth Seiya
And supes would wreck all the mutants. Sentinels can't adapt fast enough before supes destroys them.

quanchi112
And supes would wreck all the mutants. Sentinels can't adapt fast enough before supes destroys them. No, he wouldn't. Xavier himself shuts him down. Fox Xverse stomps the weak MOS universe.

Prove it.

God Cloth Seiya
To bad sentinels don't have TP. And?

You said sentinels could adapt to supes Even though he doesn't have an X gene. You have failed to prove that.

quanchi112
To bad sentinels don't have TP. And?

You said sentinels could adapt to supes Even though he doesn't have an X gene. You have failed to prove that. You said superman would wreck all the mutants. I just responded to that you mental midget. Thanks for conceding.

Sentinel wins as it is facing one brick and adapts to crush him.

God Cloth Seiya
You still haven't proved that the sentinels can adapt to superman.

quanchi112
You still haven't proved that the sentinels can adapt to superman. Their abilities are to adapt so the burden is on you.

Xavier himself rapes Superman and the man can't even walk. Weak dc verse.

God Cloth Seiya
Their abilities are to adapt so the burden is on you.

They adapt to people with an X gene. Superman doesn't have an X gene.

Xavier would rape 99% of the marvel universe. Your calling DC.weak when Supes or GL could easily solo the avengers?

quanchi112
They adapt to people with an X gene. Superman doesn't have an X gene.

Xavier would rape 99% of the marvel universe. Your calling DC.weak when Supes or GL could easily solo the avengers? They adapt to the abilities of the characters they face. Superman isn't a human either and they would adapt to his.

No, he wouldn't. I am glad you agree he rapes Superman though.

smile

God Cloth Seiya
They adapt to the abilities of the characters they face. Superman isn't a human either and they would adapt to his.

No, he wouldn't. I am glad you agree he rapes Superman though.

smile
Yep you didn't pay attention to the movie.

Great argument there. Xavier is my favorite marvel/dc character of all time. I think Xavier could beat anyone.

wakkawakkawakka
Their abilities are to adapt so the burden is on you.

They adapt to mutant powers and even then mutants can still damage them before they adapt.

What does Xavier have to do with this?

quanchi112
Yep you didn't pay attention to the movie.

Great argument there. Xavier is my favorite marvel/dc character of all time. I think Xavier could beat anyone. That isn't a counter. You're supposed to say why. Poor thing.

I am glad you agree he crushes Superman.

He is a marvel character after all.

smile

God Cloth Seiya
That isn't a counter. You're supposed to say why. Poor thing.

I am glad you agree he crushes Superman.

He is a marvel character after all.

smile

Hypocrite

Yes.

He beat thanos to.

Just admit your buthurt.

carver9
Just saw the movie. Where was it stated that they adapt to the X gene?

quanchi112
Hypocrite

Yes.

He beat thanos to.

Just admit your buthurt. I say why and unlike you I can debate in sentences.

No.

Based off what ?

You admitted he crushes Superman. A man who can't even walk can crush Dc's flagship character.

You can't even spell butthurt correctly.

wakkawakkawakka
Originally posted by carver9
Just saw the movie. Where was it stated that they adapt to the X gene?

They adapt to "mutant abilities" which would mean that the person they're fighting would have to have an X gene.

Okay while X gene wasn't directly stated, my bad, mutant abilities were.

God Cloth Seiya
I say why and unlike you I can debate in sentences.

No.

Based off what ?

You admitted he crushes Superman. A man who can't even walk can crush Dc's flagship character.

You can't even spell butthurt correctly.

Hypocrite

Yes

Cause thanos is lame and that's why he isn't in avengers 2. And he's a ripoff.

Superman's physical features are better but TP>physical stats.

And? What's that have to do with anything?

quanchi112
Hypocrite

Yes

Cause thanos is lame and that's why he isn't in avengers 2. And he's a ripoff.

Superman's physical features are better but TP>physical stats.

And? What's that have to do with anything? I know you're a hypocrite.

Nah.

He isn't in avengers two because he is the massive puppeteer not some jackass like Zod who already died.

That isn't Xavier's powers. When we compare powers Xavier wins. You admitted it.

The fact you admitted a paralyzed marvel character crushes Superman. You agreed with me. Victory thy name is Quan.

Firefly218
A man who can't even walk can crush Dc's flagship character.

To be fair, Xavier's powers are not physical, they're mental. Physically, Xavier is weak/feeble. Mentally, he's powerful.

Sentinel should be able to adapt to Superman

quanchi112
They adapt to mutant powers and even then mutants can still damage them before they adapt.

What does Xavier have to do with this? They adapt to beings of supernatural powers so this is the same thing.

Follow along the posts. I don't have time to explain things to you, sport.

God Cloth Seiya
I know you're a hypocrite.

Nah.

He isn't in avengers two because he is the massive puppeteer not some jackass like Zod who already died.

That isn't Xavier's powers. When we compare powers Xavier wins. You admitted it.

The fact you admitted a paralyzed marvel character crushes Superman. You agreed with me. Victory thy name is Quan. lol now your copying me? laughing

Great argument there.

Zod is more popular than thanos. Everyone knows who zod and only a few people know who thanos is.

Xavier would beat 99% of marvel by himself.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Firefly218
To be fair, Xavier's powers are not physical, they're mental. Physically, Xavier is weak/feeble. Mentally, he's powerful.

Sentinel should be able to adapt to Superman I know but this just furthers the humiliation of losing to a cripple.

wakkawakkawakka
They adapt to beings of supernatural powers so this is the same thing.

Follow along the posts. I don't have time to explain things to you, sport.

The movie explicitly stated mutant abilities. If that were the case, Warpath, Blink, and the Blackbird explosion wouldn't have been able to damage the Sentinel's at all.

I asked a question and instead of explaining it you want me to explain the guy you brought up for you. What the mess!

quanchi112
lol now your copying me? laughing

Great argument there.

Zod is more popular than thanos. Everyone knows who zod and only a few people know who thanos is.

Xavier would beat 99% of marvel by himself. What ?

I do make great arguments.

No, he isn't. He's also dead. Thanos is the grand villain whereas Zod is the colossal failure.

No, he wouldn't. QS beats him as does Jean. Sentinels also crush him. This is just in his own movies.

laughing out loud

You agreed he crushes Superman. I agree.

Firefly218
The movie explicitly stated mutant abilities. If that were the case, Warpath, Blink, and the Blackbird explosion wouldn't have been able to damage the Sentinel's at all.

I asked a question and instead of explaining it you want me to explain the guy you brought up for you. What the mess!

Superman's powers are in his genes right? Superman may not be a mutant, but his powers are genetic - and therefore can be replicated by Sentinel

wakkawakkawakka
Superman's powers are in his genes right? Superman may not be a mutant, but his powers are genetic - and therefore can be replicated by Sentinel

But mutants can still damage the Sentinels prior to adapting. Also the have to be hit by a mutant ability in order to adapt in the first place. Once of the reasons why the Blackbird exploding and Blink were so effective. Didn't see any of the Sentinels adapt to getting hit by lasers.

Besides its only one Sentinel and if Warpath and Bishop were able to damage it, Supes should utterly destroy it before it gets a chance to adapt. Then again if this is true, there are few threads that can be overturned by this.

quanchi112
But mutants can still damage the Sentinels prior to adapting. Also the have to be hit by a mutant ability in order to adapt in the first place. Once of the reasons why the Blackbird exploding and Blink were so effective. Didn't see any of the Sentinels adapt to getting hit by lasers.

Besides its only one Sentinel and if Warpath and Bishop were able to damage it, Supes should utterly destroy it before it gets a chance to adapt. Then again if this is true, there are few threads that can be overturned by this. Based off what ?

Firefly218

Besides its only one Sentinel and if Warpath and Bishop were able to damage it, Supes should utterly destroy it before it gets a chance to adapt. Then again if this is true, there are few threads that can be overturned by this.

Yah, there's a really good possibility supes would destroy it before it gets the chance to adapt. Theoretically though, the Sentinel should be able to adapt to Supes.

Werewolf582
I watched the film not to long ago. I think at 1, sentinels can adapt but their durability is shit.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Werewolf582
I watched the film not to long ago. I think at 1, sentinels can adapt but their durability is shit. Based off what ?

Werewolf582
Really? Did you not see who was hurting them?

wakkawakkawakka
Based off what ?

Lets see, Warpath damaged a Sentinel, Colossus smacked down a Sentinel with Warpath's help, Blink got Sentinel's to off themselves, the Blackbird exploding took out a bunch of Sentinels, Bishop blowing up took 3 Sentinel's down, and Sunspot was able to slow the Sentinels down prior to adapting.

Oh and then there's the tidbit where its stated in the movie that thanks to the experimentation on Mystique the Sentinels were capable of adapting to any mutant ability. Last time I checked, explosions and flying metal scraps weren't mutant abilities which is why the Sentinels were damaged by them.

quanchi112
Really? Did you not see who was hurting them? Give me an instance. The sentinels were eradicating mutants who had to resort to time travel due to not being able to best them.

Werewolf582
Bishop for one, also warpath and colossus.

quanchi112
Bishop for one, also warpath and colossus. Which scene ? Both the others were crushed multiple times. That was a major point of the film.

What bishop attack are you referring to ?

Werewolf582
Final one they were in.

His laser canon, his only power.

quanchi112
Final one they were in.

His laser canon, his only power. He used a gun iirc. Are you sure he destroyed any or just knocked them back.

Werewolf582
I think he destroyed one. Then got overloaded, colossus and warpath were also damaging sentinels.

quanchi112
I think he destroyed one. Then got overloaded, colossus and warpath were also damaging sentinels. I don't recall him doing so granted I just saw it tonight and a lot is happening quickly. To me its like for the most part they were just slowing them down without really stopping them.

carver9
They adapt to "mutant abilities" which would mean that the person they're fighting would have to have an X gene.

Okay while X gene wasn't directly stated, my bad, mutant abilities were.

Where was it stated that they can ONLY adapt to mutant abilities.?

Werewolf582
I don't recall him doing so granted I just saw it tonight and a lot is happening quickly. To me its like for the most part they were just slowing them down without really stopping them. Storm also destroyed many of them.

quanchi112
Storm also destroyed many of them. Are you sure ? I thought she was just damaging the containers that carried them. We see them scaling the mountains afterwards.

Firefly218
Storm also destroyed many of them.

The movie never shows Storm directly destroying sentinels. She was just slowing them down.

Werewolf582
Actually she did, she made their ships crash into each other and destroyed many of them by blowing up the blackwing.

quanchi112
There were several sentinels that were destroyed by people like storm, Magneto,and bishop. All are which weaker than supes and no sentinel has adapted to supermans level of power. When ?

Firefly218
Actually she did, she made their ships crash into each other and destroyed many of them by blowing up the blackwing.

She never used her powers to DIRECTLY destroy a Sentinel

Werewolf582
But a she did manage to destroy some of them.

wakkawakkawakka
Originally posted by carver9
Where was it stated that they can ONLY adapt to mutant abilities.?

Where was it stated that the could adapt to other powers that weren't mutant abilities? Because they didn't do a really good job of adapting to an explosion or tanking their own lasers and weapons. Also Bishop taking some of them down in his explosion and Colossus knocking two of them back doesn't speak volumes of their non-mutant adapting skills.

Firefly218
But a she did manage to destroy some of them.

The only instance in which a Sentinel was destroyed was when storm blew up the ship. Other than that, all mutant attacks did was slow down the sentinels.

Like when Storm destroyed the Sentinel carriers, we later saw the fallen sentinels climbing up the mountain. They weren't destroyed

quanchi112
But a she did manage to destroy some of them. When ? She delayed them. I think she also states Thats all they can do anyways.

Time Immemorial
A sentinel from X-Men DoFP vs. MoS Supes

Fight is in metropolis

Technically, supes could be considered a mutant by the sentinels right? Because supes has a different DNA from conventional humans

This isn't even a close fight, he snaps their necks off one by one.

Werewolf582
The only instance in which a Sentinel was destroyed was when storm blew up the ship. Other than that, all mutant attacks did was slow down the sentinels.

Like when Storm destroyed the Sentinel carriers, we later saw the fallen sentinels climbing up the mountain. They weren't destroyed When bishop exploded he killed 3 of them.

ares834
Yah, there's a really good possibility supes would destroy it before it gets the chance to adapt. Theoretically though, the Sentinel should be able to adapt to Supes.

Doubtful. It seems that they adapt based on the X-gene (as evidenced by the fact that they sense the X-gene and not just any random mutation).

quanchi112
Originally posted by ares834
Doubtful. It seems that they adapt based on the X-gene (as evidenced by the fact that they sense the X-gene and not just any random mutation). You are biased and it's rather obvious. It is based off genetics and superman has powers based on this. Adapt and destroy. It must eat you alive a sentinel destroys Superman.

Time Immemorial

Where was it stated that Superman was a mutant or had the X gene?

wakkawakkawakka
You are biased and it's rather obvious. It is based off genetics and superman has powers based on this. Adapt and destroy. It must eat you alive a sentinel destroys Superman.

They track down and adapt to "mutant abilities": this was stated in the movie. If you can find evidence to the Sentinels adapting to things not mutant based, that'd be dandy.

The Sentinels don't have great durability showings outside of their adapting.

quanchi112
They track down and adapt to "mutant abilities": this was stated in the movie. If you can find evidence to the Sentinels adapting to things not mutant based, that'd be dandy.

The Sentinels don't have great durability showings outside of their adapting. Due to the focus of their efforts to be mutants but at the core of it is genetic based so the same would apply to Superman.

You'd need to prove they can't adapt since that is your theory.

wakkawakkawakka
Due to the focus of their efforts to be mutants but at the core of it is genetic based so the same would apply to Superman.

You'd need to prove they can't adapt since that is your theory.
Trask outright puts Mutant tracking systems into his Sentinel prototypes and Xavier explains how the new Sentinels lock on and adapt to any mutant ability they encounter.

I already did. Warpath was able to injured them, Blink demonstrated that the Sentinels aren't immune or rather can't adapt to themselves, and apparently they don't tank explosions too well. Also there's Storm indirectly destroying the ships carrying Sentinels with wind which, last time I check, mountain storms weren't mutant powers.

quanchi112
Trask outright puts Mutant tracking systems into his Sentinel prototypes and Xavier explains how the new Sentinels lock on and adapt to any mutant ability they encounter.

I already did. Warpath was able to injured them, Blink demonstrated that the Sentinels aren't immune or rather can't adapt to themselves, and apparently they don't tank explosions too well. Also there's Storm indirectly destroying the ships carrying Sentinels with wind which, last time I check, mountain storms weren't mutant powers. I get that but when you break it down it is on a genetic level so one can call Superman a mutant. Semantics.

Again you were wrong there with destroyed sentinels and failed to comprehend the fighting scenes.

smile

wakkawakkawakka
I get that but when you break it down it is on a genetic level so one can call Superman a mutant. Semantics.

Again you were wrong there with destroyed sentinels and failed to comprehend the fighting scenes.

smile

Trask's mutant detectors look for folks specifically with the Xgene. If they were looking for anomalies they'd be targeting people with genetically caused defects which is not the case.

Do tell how I was wrong because I recall Warpath damaging a Sentinel and Bishop exploding and taking out 3 Sentinels. Are you telling me these scenes didn't happen?

ares834
laughing out loud

Superman can't be considered a mutant, he isn't even related to mankind.

quanchi112
Originally posted by ares834
laughing out loud

Superman can't be considered a mutant, he isn't even related to mankind. He doesn't have to be for the sentinels to adapt.

They have the adaptability built in due to mystiques abilities.

laughing out loud

quanchi112
Trask's mutant detectors look for folks specifically with the Xgene. If they were looking for anomalies they'd be targeting people with genetically caused defects which is not the case.

Do tell how I was wrong because I recall Warpath damaging a Sentinel and Bishop exploding and taking out 3 Sentinels. Are you telling me these scenes didn't happen? Mutants genes are anomalies to the Homo sapiens.

You also believed storm did so. Blasting them doesn't mean destroying them. You're misremembering.

wakkawakkawakka
Mutants genes are anomalies to the Homo sapiens.

You also believed storm did so. Blasting them doesn't mean destroying them. You're misremembering.
Trask machine looks specifically for mutant. Supes isn't even human.

Where did I say that? Also answer thee question of whether or not Bishop exploding taking out 3 sentinels: did it or did it not happen?

DARTH POWER
Mutants genes are anomalies to the Homo sapiens.

In the opening action sequence, Bishop cracks open a Sentinel's face, and Blink portal's closing chops off a Sentinel's arm.

They are not impervious to every type of attack right from the beginning of a fight. So even if they can adapt, it won't matter when MOS is up against 1 Sentinel. His Uber power will put a hole through it easily.

Lestov16
Magneto took down a few by launching the X-Men ship, which was amped with Storm's electricity, at them. Considering Kryptonians can launch trains, I don't think Supes will have too much of a problem

Time Immemorial
This is a slaughter fest, he took on the world engine in a weaken state. He rips heads off them all.

quanchi112
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
In the opening action sequence, Bishop cracks open a Sentinel's face, and Blink portal's closing chops off a Sentinel's arm.

They are not impervious to every type of attack right from the beginning of a fight. So even if they can adapt, it won't matter when MOS is up against 1 Sentinel. His Uber power will put a hole through it easily. I never said they were but they don't have to be. They also aren't fighting multiple opponents aiding each other either.

One Sentinel is all it takes to defeat Superman.

Lestov16
Quan trolling as usual

quanchi112
Originally posted by Lestov16
Quan trolling as usual Lestovs at home enjoying his early twenties with Jack Bauer as usual.

wakkawakkawakka
I never said they were but they don't have to be. They also aren't fighting multiple opponents aiding each other either.

One Sentinel is all it takes to defeat Superman.

According to that Warpath & Colossus> MoS Superman. I know you like to troll but that is straight bullshit.

Prove it with something other than adapting, because I've already given reasons why the Sentinels wouldn't be able to do that with Supes.

quanchi112
According to that Warpath & Colossus> MoS Superman. I know you like to troll but that is straight bullshit.

Prove it with something other than adapting, because I've already given reasons why the Sentinels wouldn't be able to do that with Supes. Completely inaccurate and ignoring the fact they worked together and were ready for them.

You have not proven anything.

wakkawakkawakka
Completely inaccurate and ignoring the fact they worked together and were ready for them.

You have not proven anything.

Yeah so once again according you Warpath&Colossus >Superman. Which I said in the above is BS for what should be very obvious reasons.

Ignoring my posts doesn't make them any less present.

quanchi112
Yeah so once again according you Warpath&Colossus >Superman. Which I said in the above is BS for what should be very obvious reasons.

Ignoring my posts doesn't make them any less present. That is an example of abc logic. I am saying that they had experience in dealing with them. Superman does not.

It adapts and destroys Superman.

wakkawakkawakka
That is an example of abc logic. I am saying that they had experience in dealing with them. Superman does not.

It adapts and destroys Superman.

Your the one who made than implication in the first place. And while experience is nice, what does that have to do with dealing damage to the Sentinel's and the Sentinel's durability in general.

It specifically adapts to mutant abilities and even then the mutants themselves are able to damage them. Superman would still win.

quanchi112
Your the one who made than implication in the first place. And while experience is nice, what does that have to do with dealing damage to the Sentinel's and the Sentinel's durability in general.

It specifically adapts to mutant abilities and even then the mutants themselves are able to damage them. Superman would still win. Using attacks different than Superman for starters.

It adapts to opponents due to Mystiques ability not based just on the opposing mutant.

wakkawakkawakka
Using attacks different than Superman for starters.

It adapts to opponents due to Mystiques ability not based just on the opposing mutant.

How is Colossus smacking a Sentinel into the ground any different from something Superman would do? Also Warpath was able to stab through one of the Sentinel's face. So Warpath is suddenly stronger than Superman now? because the stuff you posted above seems to be leading up to that conclusion.

It specifically stated in the movie the Sentinels track down mutants and adapt to "mutant abilities". Prove that's its anything but "mutant abilities", oh and also provide reasoning as to why Superman wouldn't be able to just tear through one even if it were able to adapt to Kryptonian DNA.

quanchi112
How is Colossus smacking a Sentinel into the ground any different from something Superman would do? Also Warpath was able to stab through one of the Sentinel's face. So Warpath is suddenly stronger than Superman now? because the stuff you posted above seems to be leading up to that conclusion.

It specifically stated in the movie the Sentinels track down mutants and adapt to "mutant abilities". Prove that's its anything but "mutant abilities", oh and also provide reasoning as to why Superman wouldn't be able to just tear through one even if it were able to adapt to Kryptonian DNA. I never said so. Both were killed by the Sentinels by the way.

Yes, due to the fact they are facing mutants. Why wouldn't they use the word mutants in a film about mutants ?

You made the claim its only mutant abilities so the onus is on you.

Due to the fact he is killed prior to due to the Sentinel's abilities.

Robtard
'The Sentinels can adapt to anything unless you prove they can't!'

No Limit Fallacy coupled with a Burden of Proof shift.

Never change, Quanchi112.

wakkawakkawakka
I never said so. Both were killed by the Sentinels by the way.

Yes, due to the fact they are facing mutants. Why wouldn't they use the word mutants in a film about mutants ?

You made the claim its only mutant abilities so the onus is on you.

Due to the fact he is killed prior to due to the Sentinel's abilities.

You stated that the Xmen experience fighting Sentinels is what let them damage one in the first place: which wouldn't make that much sense, since as you stated, they die each time they encounter the Sentinels.

Trask built the machines tailored to mutant genes, that was confirmed in the movie by Xavier, Magneto, and Trask himself in the scene where he's explaining his mutant tracking device. It didn't say human or abnormal genes, it stated mutant and the machines nor the Sentinels w/o tampering have been shown to target anything but mutants.

And you made the claim that Sentinels adapt to genetic anomalies. This claim is much broader than mutants and unlike me, you've yet to provide an example of this.

Doesn't change the fact that they were able to damage the Sentinels along with the fact that the Sentinel's themselves were capable of being damaged and even destroyed by things that weren't specifically mutant powers: things like explosions, metal scraps, energy blasts, physical forces, and even their own lasers.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Robtard
'The Sentinels can adapt to anything unless you prove they can't!'

No Limit Fallacy coupled with a Burden of Proof shift.

Never change, Quanchi112. I never said they can adapt to anything. I said they can use their abilities against Superman. If you feel their abilities don't work then prove it, Roberta.

Robtard
I never said they can adapt to anything. I said they can use their abilities against Superman. If you feel their abilities don't work then prove it, Roberta.

Precisely which abilities that they possess would take down Superman?

quanchi112
Precisely which abilities that they possess would take down Superman? Freezing powers and heat powers.

wakkawakkawakka
Freezing powers and heat powers.

A Sentinel have never used a mutant ability off the bat. It adapts to the ability that is currently attacking it. It wouldn't use Ice unless attacked with heat and exactly what would either of those abilities do to Superman?

-Pr-
Superman should win. Those Sentinels never went up against anything like him. Heat won't work. Cold won't work, and their strength wasn't shown to be Kryptonian level.

quanchi112
Originally posted by -Pr-
Superman should win. Those Sentinels never went up against anything like him. Heat won't work. Cold won't work, and their strength wasn't shown to be Kryptonian level. Why won't heat or cold work ? When did he show an immunity to such extremes ?

quanchi112
A Sentinel have never used a mutant ability off the bat. It adapts to the ability that is currently attacking it. It wouldn't use Ice unless attacked with heat and exactly what would either of those abilities do to Superman? I don't know about that. I saw one sentinel use ice against a mutant using fire.

I see him succumbing to this. He isn't immune at all.

Robtard
Freezing powers and heat powers.

How is fire and ice going to hurt Superman who is invulnerable and seemingly is unaffected by the heat of re-entry, massive oil fire and the cold of outer space?

-Pr-
Why won't heat or cold work ? When did he show an immunity to such extremes ?

Entering and leaving the atmosphere.

or what Rob said. Which is basically the same thing.

quanchi112
How is fire and ice going to hurt Superman who is invulnerable and seemingly is unaffected by the heat of re-entry, massive oil fire and the cold of outer space? He was ko'd there. Are you saying that level of heat was the same to the sentinels fire used ?

I guess all fire is the same level.

If he can tank a lighter than a forest fire won't do anything. All the same to Robbie.

quanchi112
Entering and leaving the atmosphere.

or what Rob said. Which is basically the same thing. You believe that is greater than the fire powers or ice powers of the mutants ?

Surviving it for a few moments and being put to the level for a longer duration makes a difference.

-Pr-
You believe that is greater than the fire powers or ice powers of the mutants ?

Surviving it for a few moments and being put to the level for a longer duration makes a difference.

I believe it is, yes.

True, but I don't think the mutant powers shown are powerful enough to bother him.

quanchi112
I believe it is, yes.

True, but I don't think the mutant powers shown are powerful enough to bother him. I disagree.

Duration matters and nothing in reality can resist a force opposing it forever. Do you think hv would hurt Superman ?

-Pr-
I disagree.

Duration matters and nothing in reality can resist a force opposing it forever. Do you think hv would hurt Superman ?

Fair enough.

Strong enough hv would, yes. But I don't rate Sunspot's heat at anything close to the HV of a kryptonian or Superman himself. Not from what I saw in the movie anyway. Same goes for the Sentinels.

wakkawakkawakka
I don't know about that. I saw one sentinel use ice against a mutant using fire.

I see him succumbing to this. He isn't immune at all.

Regardless of your doubts, that was the scenario shown on screen. Also the details left out in your post abut that scene makes your viewing of the movie suspect.

How? He survive being in outer space and re-entry.

Robtard
He was ko'd there. Are you saying that level of heat was the same to the sentinels fire used ?

I guess all fire is the same level.

If he can tank a lighter than a forest fire won't do anything. All the same to Robbie.

Considering there wasn't any collateral damage to the walls and such when the fire was used, I doubt that fire is hotter. Atmospheric entry can produce 3,000+ degrees.

Strawman.

Strawman crying. Poor form, all you have when you're bested.

quanchi112
Fair enough.

Strong enough hv would, yes. But I don't rate Sunspot's heat at anything close to the HV of a kryptonian or Superman himself. Not from what I saw in the movie anyway. Same goes for the Sentinels. Again, I disagree.

Why do you think the hv is greater in terms of power ?

quanchi112
Regardless of your doubts, that was the scenario shown on screen. Also the details left out in your post abut that scene makes your viewing of the movie suspect.

How? He survive being in outer space and re-entry. That is a brief moment and not a duration attack. It's like saying he took a punch and saying ten minutes of punching wouldn't hurt him.

Hv obviously hurts them.

quanchi112
Considering there wasn't any collateral damage to the walls and such when the fire was used, I doubt that fire is hotter. Atmospheric entry can produce 3,000+ degrees.

Strawman.

Strawman crying. Poor form, all you have when you're bested. Did it hit the walls ?

No, it isn't.

I am using common sense. Realistically Superman hasn't shown himself to be immune to this fire or this ice especially under a long period of time.

-Pr-
Again, I disagree.

Why do you think the hv is greater in terms of power ?

Power levels, mostly. Nothing I saw on-screen led me to believe that Sunspot's fire was anything close to matching the heat of re-entry. It was hot, sure, but I'd need to see more to believe it was capable of harming Superman.

Second, the Sentinel beams didn't come across as being any more powerful in any considerable way than the attacks of the mutants they used them on, imo.

wakkawakkawakka
That is a brief moment and not a duration attack. It's like saying he took a punch and saying ten minutes of punching wouldn't hurt him.

Hv obviously hurts them.

That one Sentinel adapted to the fire after being attacked with it. It didn't just start shooting flames like your implying. Also the Sentinels were visibly affected before adapting.

If your trying to compare HV to oil rig fire, orbital re-entry and Sunfire's flames, then you are mistaken. None of the Kryptonians were seriously injured by it and HV has been shown to cut through a building and melt through steel beams immediately: something that the Sentinels couldn't replicate on the scale to hurt a Kryptonian to say the least.

Also you left out how the Sentinels would know when to use these powers. As I've stated before, the Sentinels were never shown to use mutant abilities right away or at the very least not w/o being attacked by a mutant first.

Robtard
HV's greatest feat is probably Kal cutting right through a Kryptonian ship, considering how durable their "metals" seem to be.

-Pr-
HV's greatest feat is probably Kal cutting right through a Kryptonian ship, considering how durable their "metals" seem to be.

Yeah; he cut that thing up pretty nicely.

TheGrat1
Kal got this. A few punches should be more than enough to dispose of it.

And no, I don't think a sentinel can adapt to Kryptonian DNA, but playing devil's advocate, i'll explain how that tactic wouldn't work even if it could. Kal's abilities do not come from his genes, they come from the sun. Even if a sentinel could adapt the ability to metabolize solar radiation like a kryptonian and decided to use that ability, in direct sunlight, it would still be a very weak kryptonian facing a full powered one. Kal would still be able to rip it to pieces.

Kal wins.

DARTH POWER
Even if Sentinels can adapt to Supes DNA (which seems pretty unlikely, but let's assume for the sake of arguing something that can never be proven one way or the other) there's still no way just 1 Sentinel is going to survive long enough to adapt to him. Just no way. Superman will punch a hole right through the Sentinel in the first second they fight.

quanchi112
Power levels, mostly. Nothing I saw on-screen led me to believe that Sunspot's fire was anything close to matching the heat of re-entry. It was hot, sure, but I'd need to see more to believe it was capable of harming Superman.

Second, the Sentinel beams didn't come across as being any more powerful in any considerable way than the attacks of the mutants they used them on, imo. Thr duration is something that will make a difference. Hold your hand over a lighter for a second and compare that to several minutes.

I never said that they were more powerful.

quanchi112
That one Sentinel adapted to the fire after being attacked with it. It didn't just start shooting flames like your implying. Also the Sentinels were visibly affected before adapting.

If your trying to compare HV to oil rig fire, orbital re-entry and Sunfire's flames, then you are mistaken. None of the Kryptonians were seriously injured by it and HV has been shown to cut through a building and melt through steel beams immediately: something that the Sentinels couldn't replicate on the scale to hurt a Kryptonian to say the least.

Also you left out how the Sentinels would know when to use these powers. As I've stated before, the Sentinels were never shown to use mutant abilities right away or at the very least not w/o being attacked by a mutant first. It used ice to defeat the fire being.

Duration matters. Superman's durability doesn't change yet he was ko'd by an oil rig.

Duration. Applied differently altogether.

They used them to overtake a team of mutants with experience in taking them on. That chnages things, kiddo.

-Pr-
Thr duration is something that will make a difference. Hold your hand over a lighter for a second and compare that to several minutes.

I never said that they were more powerful.

Sure, it's different, but I still don't see it being enough. Also the whole friction part of re-entry to be considered.

They'd need to be to hurt Superman, is my point.

wakkawakkawakka
It used ice to defeat the fire being.

Duration matters. Superman's durability doesn't change yet he was ko'd by an oil rig.

Duration. Applied differently altogether.

They used them to overtake a team of mutants with experience in taking them on. That chnages things, kiddo.

You're omitting details again and just ignored everything I said about it. Sentinel's adapt to mutant powers according to what they're attacked with.

Supes wasn't KO'd by oil rig fire, we even saw him walk through it. Also you're low-balling again.

How so? HV has cut through Kryptonian ships and buildings, Sunfire's flames haven't done anything on that scale. Oh and you've still yet to specify how the Sentinels would know how to use either fire or ice against Superman.

quanchi112
You're omitting details again and just ignored everything I said about it. Sentinel's adapt to mutant powers according to what they're attacked with.

Supes wasn't KO'd by oil rig fire, we even saw him walk through it. Also you're low-balling again.

How so? HV has cut through Kryptonian ships and buildings, Sunfire's flames haven't done anything on that scale. Oh and you've still yet to specify how the Sentinels would know how to use either fire or ice against Superman. The same sentinel wasn't attacked with ice it just countered with said element.

He was ko'd by the strain of him exerting his strength and being overpowered. Its canon. Counts, sport.

Duration. I didn't say it kills him on initial contact. Pay attention, kid.

Sentinel emits the elements onto Superman and he succumbs.

wakkawakkawakka
The same sentinel wasn't attacked with ice it just countered with said element.

He was ko'd by the strain of him exerting his strength and being overpowered. Its canon. Counts, sport.

Duration. I didn't say it kills him on initial contact. Pay attention, kid.

Sentinel emits the elements onto Superman and he succumbs.
It countered with Ice because it was being attacked with fire. It didn't just start using Ice for no reason.

What does that have to do with oil rig fire? I specified the flames not the scene itself.

Again Supes has done orbital re-entry twice and HV>what ever Sunfire does based on what was shown on screen.

That's nice. Now tell me how would the Sentinels know which abilities to use on Supeman and when to use them: two part question here.

quanchi112
It countered with Ice because it was being attacked with fire. It didn't just start using Ice for no reason.

What does that have to do with oil rig fire? I specified the flames not the scene itself.

Again Supes has done orbital re-entry twice and HV>what ever Sunfire does based on what was shown on screen.

That's nice. Now tell me how would the Sentinels know which abilities to use on Supeman and when to use them: two part question here. It still had the power to do so all along.

I cited a ko which is relevant.

Duration.

All of the attacks would hurt him. It doesn't have to necessarily be weakness exploitation like with the fire and ice.

wakkawakkawakka
It still had the power to do so all along.

I cited a ko which is relevant.

Duration.

All of the attacks would hurt him. It doesn't have to necessarily be weakness exploitation like with the fire and ice.

Yet it never used the power in any fashion other than to counter another mutant ability. The Sentinel's have never just used mutant powers w/o being attacked by them. Saying that they would is an assumption w/o any screen evidence.

The KO, which is low-balling, is not relevant to the topic of elemental resistance.

You keep saying that yet you haven't brought up exactly how much damage the flames do. Meanwhile the Kryptonians haven't been seriously damaged by HV and based on feats HV>Sunfire flames.

Supes took a train and hits from people with similar strength to his. Also you haven't explained why ice and fire are weaknesses nor have you answered my initial question.

Lestov16
So is this your new thing now Quan? Khan always wins and Superman always loses. LOL, you reek of butthurt

Silent Master
Originally posted by Lestov16
So is this your new thing now Quan? Khan always wins and Superman always loses. LOL, you reek of butthurt

New thing?

BTW, Superman wins.

Lestov16
True. I've been glimpsing this increasingly going on recently, but this is the first time I've taken an active interest in it.

-Pr-
no expression

Superman wasn't knocked out by heat. It was a million tons of steel falling on top of him.

Robtard

quanchi112
Yet it never used the power in any fashion other than to counter another mutant ability. The Sentinel's have never just used mutant powers w/o being attacked by them. Saying that they would is an assumption w/o any screen evidence.

The KO, which is low-balling, is not relevant to the topic of elemental resistance.

You keep saying that yet you haven't brought up exactly how much damage the flames do. Meanwhile the Kryptonians haven't been seriously damaged by HV and based on feats HV>Sunfire flames.

Supes took a train and hits from people with similar strength to his. Also you haven't explained why ice and fire are weaknesses nor have you answered my initial question. They didn't need to be attacked to use the power necessary. That is the point. They have the powers already.

Koing is relevant.

Duration and a quick burst are too totally different things. Acting like they aren't and the time under exposure to said attacks is based off of nothing logical.

He isn't completely immune to said elements just highly resistant. Ball is in your court.

quanchi112

Robtard
Yeah, you implied it. I brought up the heat of the oil rig, your response was "he was KO'd there".

His powers clearly improved after his father's pep talk. It is what it is.

quanchi112
Yeah, you implied it. I brought up the heat of the oil rig, your response was "he was KO'd there".

His powers clearly improved after his father's pep talk. It is what It is. Not his durability. His skill level and strength level maybe. You can't just suddenly change your powers with the way his are defined in the film.

Robtard
It's irrelevant, now that you're going back and saying heat won't KO MOS.

quanchi112
It's irrelevant, now that you're going back and saying heat won't KO MOS. Duration of the heart or ice will kill him. They aren't stopping. Again he can't change his durability with the way his powers are defined in the film. I'm quite exceptional at debating. Condolences, El fans.

Robtard
Duration of the heart or ice will kill him. They aren't stopping. Again he can't change his durability with the way his powers are defined in the film. I'm quite exceptional at debating. Condolences, El fans.

What do use base this "duration of the heart or ice will kill him" on?

quanchi112
What do use base this "duration of heart or ice will kill him" on? Basic laws that govern reality. Superman was hurt by far less. Just because he wasn't defeated by his foes doesn't mean these ones won't kill him. No reason to believe he is immune to these attacks for a period of time.

Robtard
Basic laws that govern reality. Superman was hurt by far less.

Just because he wasn't defeated by his foes doesn't mean these ones won't kill him. No reason to believe he is immune to these attacks for a period of time.

Superman is not "reality", regardless, what "far less" hurt Superman? Name the instances in the film.

That's a dodge and another assertion without proof. You said: "duration of the heart or ice will kill him", you need to provide proof. Thanks.

Lestov16
So an exploding X ship can down sentinels but Kal can't? Lulz City.

-Pr-
Duration of the heart or ice will kill him. They aren't stopping. Again he can't change his durability with the way his powers are defined in the film. I'm quite exceptional at debating. Condolences, El fans.

Shit like that just says you're getting desperate. So much for you actually debating... shrug

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>