Vader suit different in E3 than in ANH? Possible proof.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Evil Windu
I was perusing the Star Wars Technical Journals published by Starlog in 1994. They contained an article that suggested Stormtroopers were clones created using an accelerated growth process and that they were programmed to be blindy loyal to Palpatine.

Since that was somewhat accurate (Lucas started writing TPM in 1994) I read on and it gave a history of the Vader suit which suggests it goes though several stages from the time Anakin is injured until we see Vader in ANH.

Here is the exerpt (possible insights bolded):

During a lightsaber battle with his Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi, Vader fell into a molten pit. Unable to breathe on his own, Vader was forced to wear a breath mask and life-supporting armour. In various confrontations both during his youth and after yielding to the Dark Side of the Force, Vader sustained massive thoracic injuries and the loss of at least one limb.

Later, as Vader became even stronger in his manipulation of the Force, he custom designed a new breath mask unit. Terrifying in appearance, it incorporated a full helmet of black durasteel to conceal the scar tissue that covered his head. As he rose in political power under Palpatine, the black metal face of the mask he wore was the only one by which he was known. Subtle changes in the mask's appearance occurred as technology improved, allowing Vader to miniaturize some systems and retool his fearsome visage.

The Starlog Technical Journals were licensed by LucasFilm and the Stormtrooper thing seemed somewhat accurate based on AOTC, so it appears that the Vader suit we'll see in E3 may not be the same as we see in ANH.

Seems to me that his first suit is much different from the one we see in ANH. If Lucas sticks to that idea, the first helmet does not cover Anakin's entire head.

Looks like Anakin may sustain more injuries before turning to the Dark Side too. Of course Lucas may have changed his mind in the last 8-9 years, but hey...I need some substantiated Episode III speculation!!

GordonSkywalker
This is a most interesting potential development for E3. I had not considered his original suit might be more basic than the one we see in the opening of ANH.

finti
well for the Clonetroopers yes, we dont know if the Stormtroopers are clones yet. The imperial officers of lower rank sure as hell aint no clones
And I think we will see Anakin as VAder at the end of the film in the original Vader suit because of the immediate recognition effect for the fans

Ushgarak
Tricky call. GL had almost nothing of TPM written in 1994 and nothing at all of AOTC. Just that GL had disucssed the idea of Stormtroopers being clones before, like he had discussed the idea of Anakin falling into a molten pit and all that. Now, no-one involved in that book knew that prequels were coming (because evn Insiders didn't know until after '94) they would have been using his discussions of the past as fact.

But it is long accepted that since GL started doing these films these presumptions may well be wrong. Much of what was accepted has gone or changed, from the lack of Mandalorians to there only being two Sith. Now it seems GL is keeping more with the Cloning idea (confirmed if they do become stormtroopers, odd as that may be) but none of it is for certain.

So it is possible but such sources are not definitive.

GordonSkywalker
I see. Very informantive Ush.

yerssot
I think stormtroopers are made out of clones and "normal" humans, you have to keep the amount of troopers high and when some die, you replace them, no?

GordonSkywalker
I didn't think the Stormtroopers were clones because of their interaction in A New Hope. Maybe they are more independant clones than the ones seen in Clones?

yerssot
they ARE undependant, no?

when Lama Sue and OB1 are talking about the advantages of droids... have to check that one out though, not sure

Evil Windu
Well most of the Clonetroopers would become Stormtroopers.. But I think once the Empire is Established, The Empire will go to systems controlled by the Empire and start Enlisting Men if they want to join the Empire. As For Officers and other High Ranking officals, Some will attend a Academy of some sort then become officers and others that are loyal to Emperor Palpatine like some of the Senators would play a role in the Empire..

yerssot
think most are pushed to join though

Evil Windu
I Agree.. Im trying to think of quote from Grand Moff Tarkin.. somthing about living in fear... But yeah I agree..

EDIT:

"The regional governors now have direct control over territories. Fear will keep the local systems in line. Fear of this battle station."

Member.
i always thought the vader suit would be different.

GordonSkywalker
I thought it would be the same.

cookies2006
Unless anakin gets a little more fatter he will make the Vader suit look wimpy. In my opinion.

justinday15
I think they should keep the old vader suit in episode III.

odin
I saw a piece of art somewhere..(no idea where) that had a young man
that looked like a bald anakin...... wearing a cloak..... with what looked like a high tech neck brace with crome parts on it.... verry angry.. intimidating look on his face... neck brace type thing came up.... to about jaw level.... and extended... out... in line with the mouth... just hardly covering it.....

i thought it looked cool.... don't know if that's what is in mind... but i agree that they will have the suit... or something of STRONG resimbelance to it.... to make that conection... to the other movies...

odin
well.. yeah.... it was kinda like the original suit..... but without the helmet
... and not so old.... or pudgy

h++p://forums.killermovies.com/images/avatars/kj/anakinold.jpg

GordonSkywalker
I think I might know the artwork you are referring to.

Xam
guess wat the old suit will be seen in ep3 lol

darktim1
they said that they were trying to get back to the old days with the vader suit. And the clone troopers they would have to be clones because they genetic altered so they obey whoever is in charge so if empire would have told them go destroy this planet they probibley could but they all have one flaw they run into things like jango fett.

Darth Jello
people are always bitching about vader's suit. have you ever considered the fact that anakin might still care about hygene and might want to change clothes every once in awhile?

mephistodesigns
he did complain about sand getting everywhere, he may feel the same way about dirt in general.... wink

Darth Jello
it's not exactly a wonderfully high tech design, even by star wars standards, he prolly has to change it every time his colostomy bag is full.

jedijunky1138
Yes Lucas has said many times that the clone troopers are the pre stormtroopers and that the storm troopers are clones. The storm troopers are cloned from more than one source which is why they are different sizes.

jedijunky1138
Watch the return of Vader on the bonus disc. You will see that his suit is pretty much the same.

jedijunky1138
and different actions.

MF D00m
Revenge of the Sith Vader

MF D00m
Mask

Boris
looks the same to me...... I'd have liked a new one though we already have three movies of the same suit, it must have changed somewhat in 20 years

jedijunky1138
Post links to the pics not the pics.

Sith Master X
I wouldn't have minded a new one either.

MF D00m
Yea, and after somebody gets run over by a car, you yell out, "Hey, watch out". roll eyes (sarcastic)

They're from the DVD, so I dont see why it would need a link. But oh well, too late anyway. The mods can edit them if they like.

jedijunky1138
the bottom right corner has th HS logo. Is that not proof enough?

MF D00m
Stop bitching. You're not a mod, so I don't know why you're trying to police this site. Let the mods deal with it, it's their job. Not yours. So keep whining until they remove them I guess. roll eyes (sarcastic)

darktim1
GL said were back to the old days of starwars so I guess he was trying to get back to the original.

jedijunky1138
So You don't care if this forum gets shut down? You don't have an ounce of respect do you?

PVS
at least edit out the HS logo.
those images can now be captured off the dvd,
but with the HS logo it's still technically copyrighted.

MF D00m
I didn't mean to literally keep whining, geez.

http://www.streetgangs.com/homies/images/crybaby.jpg

laughing @ You don't have an ounce of respect do you?

PVS
MORE TROLLS?

GOD DAMNIT!!!!!!

wallbash

jedijunky1138
Well just ingnore him. Maybe he will go away.

MF D00m
Please, I was here before you were newbie, err, loser.

MF D00m
You act like I did it on purpose. Can I go back and edit it? NO. Only mods can. I'm the one who should be ignoring you. What have you done other than play internet security guard? You come in and tell me to use a link how long after I made the most? It didn't concern you. Let the mods do their job. Loser.

PVS

Ushgarak
Attachment removed. Please be more careful in future, MF, and please do not be so hostile to other posters simply pointing out your error.

MF D00m
Sorry about that Ush. I'll be more careful. I just didn't get the point in his post. It was already too late for me edit it. Anyway, moving on. I'll be sure to be more careful.

Ushgarak
I appreciate it was too late to remove yourself.

queeq
Yeah.

Gangularis
where do you get that it's not copyrighted just because it doesn't have the HS logo on it?? it's copyrighted to the DVD.

queeq
Don't worry about it.

Gangularis
je

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.