Galactus vs Tyrant (rematch)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Insane Titan
This is Galactus that fought the Celestials and Scrier

Who wins ?

zopzop
Tyrant still.

carver9
Originally posted by zopzop
Tyrant still.

no expression

zopzop
Originally posted by carver9
no expression
A fully fed Galactus, he said he hadn't felt that powerful in ages, needed to fight Tyrant on Galactus' hometurf and he STILL lost.

Morg had to jump in and save him by using the UN to wreck Tyrant.

Dampyre
Galactus wins.

Galan007
Galactus stomps.

Power Cosmic II
Originally posted by Galan007
Galactus stomps.

celestialdemon
Originally posted by Galan007
Galactus stomps.

Sundipped
The only way Tyrant could possibly have a shot in this is if he's at full power like when he first appeared, with the ability to absorb BSE energy from Galactus like he did in their second fight.

guy222
Tyrant

Power Cosmic II
Originally posted by Sundipped
The only way Tyrant could possibly have a shot in this is if he's at full power like when he first appeared, with the ability to absorb BSE energy from Galactus like he did in their second fight.

He won due to turning G's machines against him. Galactus' planet machinery isn't part of his standard gear so Tyrant won't be using his technopathy in this fight and can't turn G's machines against him.

zopzop
Originally posted by Power Cosmic II
He won due to turning G's machines against him. Galactus' planet machinery isn't part of his standard gear so Tyrant won't be using his technopathy in this fight and can't turn G's machines against him.
Which he only used because Galactus used them first. Tyrant was doing just fine vs Galactus till then.

He was absorbing his PC blasts and he admitted Galactus' physical assaults would do nothing against him because he can just reform anything Galactus destroys. In fact, it was at that point Galactus turned to his machines for help.

This was a fed and prepped Galactus on Galactus' on home turf (Galactus chose where they would face off, not Tyrant).

Dampyre
Which he only used because Galactus used them first. Tyrant was doing just fine vs Galactus till then.

He was absorbing his PC blasts and he admitted Galactus' physical assaults would do nothing against him because he can just reform anything Galactus destroys. In fact, it was at that point Galactus turned to his machines for help.

This was a fed and prepped Galactus on Galactus' on home turf (Galactus chose where they would face off, not Tyrant).

It's not like Tyrant was doing much up until that point. None of his attacks really affected Galactus either. Galactus basically underestimated Tyrant. Tyrant himself said as much.

zopzop
Originally posted by Dampyre
It's not like Tyrant was doing much up until that point. None of his attacks really affected Galactus either. Galactus basically underestimated Tyrant. Tyrant himself said as much.
He "underestimated" Tyrant so much that
a) He fed on world just before the fight (a world he said made him feel more powerful than he had in ages)
b) He chose where the fight would take place (ie on his hometurf)
c) He was the first one to resort to using his machines against Tyrant

Also worth mentioning Tyrant was WEAKENED going into that fight (a fact that gets overlooked a lot by many here, big ups to Quan for pointing that out).

Sundipped
Originally posted by Power Cosmic II

I'm talking about when Tyrant absorbed the eyebeams and said it was all synthesized BSE that would empower him. So Tyrant's best chance to beat Galactus would be for him to be at full power with that ability. No point in even mentioning Tyrant using Taa 2.

Sundipped
I had to go back and edit my post to you Power Cosmic because initially I thought I was replying to zop. The avatars are almost identical.

zopzop
Originally posted by Sundipped
I had to go back and edit my post to you Power Cosmic because initially I thought I was replying to zop. The avatars are almost identical.
Better now?angel

Dampyre
He "underestimated" Tyrant so much that
a) He fed on world just before the fight (a world he said made him feel more powerful than he had in ages)
b) He chose where the fight would take place (ie on his hometurf)
c) He was the first one to resort to using his machines against Tyrant

Also worth mentioning Tyrant was WEAKENED going into that fight (a fact that gets overlooked a lot by many here, big ups to Quan for pointing that out).

None of this changes the fact that his attacks did not hurt Galactus at all. Galactus lost because he somehow forgot that his creation can control technology, including his.

zopzop
None of this changes the fact that his attacks did not hurt Galactus at all. Galactus lost because he somehow forgot that his creation can control technology, including his.
He was tearing at Galactus' armor. That's when Galactus stopped physically attacking Tyrant (because Tyrant was just regenning while Galactus wasn't) and resorted to his machines (Tyrant even mentioned this on panel and taunted Galactus about it).

All this while Tyrant went into the fight WEAKENED while Galactus was fed and prepped. Context FTW.

WhiteWitchKing
Galactus beats him silly.

Utrigita
Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
Galactus beats him silly.

Dampyre
He was tearing at Galactus' armor. That's when Galactus stopped physically attacking Tyrant (because Tyrant was just regenning while Galactus wasn't) and resorted to his machines (Tyrant even mentioned this on panel and taunted Galactus about it).

All this while Tyrant went into the fight WEAKENED while Galactus was fed and prepped. Context FTW.

Tyrant gave Galactus the equivalent of a paper cut. And a point blank blast by Tyrant to Galactus' face did absolutely nothing. Beta Ray Bill and the Fallen One have done more damage. And even if Tyrant was weakened he was still absorbing power from Galactus energy blasts. You are really exaggerating things for some odd reason.

zopzop
Tyrant gave Galactus the equivalent of a paper cut. And a point blank blast by Tyrant to Galactus' face did absolutely nothing. Beta Ray Bill and the Fallen One have done more damage. And even if Tyrant was weakened he was still absorbing power from Galactus energy blasts. You are really exaggerating things for some odd reason.
A weakened Tyrant ripped up a FED Galactus' armor. BRB and Fallen One fought Galactus when he was starving/weakened. See the difference?

It's not exaggeration, it's called CONTEXT.

Dampyre
A weakened Tyrant ripped up a FED Galactus' armor. BRB and Fallen One fought Galactus when he was starving/weakened. See the difference?

It's not exaggeration, it's called CONTEXT.

It's called an exaggeration, my friend. Beta Ray Bill put a hole In Galactus' armor right after he fed on the Korbinate homeworld. Even if Galactus is hungry that doesn't change his armor's durability. I dare you to post Tyrant cutting Galactus' finger and try to pass that as 'ripping up his armor'. Come to think of it, an energy blast from Thanos did more damage to Galactus than Tyrant's point blank blast to the face which caused no damage and barely budged Galactus.

zopzop
It's called an exaggeration, my friend. Beta Ray Bill put a hole In Galactus' armor right after he fed on the Korbinate homeworld. Even if Galactus is hungry that doesn't change his armor's durability.
I dare you to post Tyrant cutting Galactus' finger and try to pass that as 'ripping up his armor'. Come to think of it, an energy blast from Thanos did more damage to Galactus than Tyrant's point blank blast to the face which caused no damage and barely budged Galactus.
Good thing we never saw how well Thanos and BRB would do against Tyrant so we could compare it to how well they did vs Galactus. Oh wait, we did.

Stormbreaker bounced off Tyrant and he didn't even acknowledge it. And Thanos did NO damage to Tyrant during their fight. Also notice that Thanos never moved Odin in their fight yet sent Galactus flying (and we all saw how the Odin/Galactus fight went down later).

Galactus was the one to initiate the physical encounter after he saw that Tyrant was absorbing his PC blasts. Then it was Galactus that abandoned the physical fight when he saw that Tyrant was affecting him but he wasn't affecting Tyrant (Tyrant was regenning from Galactus' attacks, Galactus wasn't regenning from Tyrant's) and resorted to his machines.

A FED Galactus vs a weakened Tyrant. This has to be repeated so that it sinks in. Tyrant took on a FED Galactus while he was weakened.

From the beginning Tyrant, even "DP" Tyrant, was written as an actual threat to Galactus, one that forced Galactus to back down from his threat to start a war if his herald wasn't returned to him.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.