Quicksilver v. Khan and Voldemort.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stealth Moose
Each at their peaks. Khan gets his minigun and pistol. Voldemort gets the Elder Wand and a breath-rite strip. Quicksilver is unarmed.

Who wins?

Firefly218
Quicksilver stomps. He's just too fast

Impediment
^

What that guy said.

Khan is less than useless in this fight, and Voldy can't hit Q with his wand if Q is moving faster than the eye can see. Hell, Q runs up and snatches Voldy's wand and sticks it up Khan's ass.

Silent Master
In that case, a certain fanboy wants to know if he can be Khan.

Zack Fair
How fast would you say Quicksilver is?

KingD19
Several dozen machs at least. He's probably the fastest person we've ever seen in film.

NemeBro
Originally posted by KingD19
Several dozen machs at least. He's probably the fastest person we've ever seen in film. If he's only several dozen machs he's definitely not.

Even MOS Superman is faster than that. To say nothing of truly fast characters like Reeves/Routh Superman or Metro Man.

jaden101
Quicksilver would probably just make them kill each other.

TH3_V01D
Originally posted by NemeBro
If he's only several dozen machs he's definitely not.

Even MOS Superman is faster than that. To say nothing of truly fast characters like Reeves/Routh Superman or Metro Man.

I think MOS is the first time i wanted Snyder to abuse of his Slow Mo.

Silent Master
If he's only several dozen machs he's definitely not.

Metro man, yes...none of the others showed QS level reaction speed.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Silent Master
Metro man, yes...none of the others showed QS level reaction speed. Good ****ing rebuttal.

Reeves Superman is faster than the speed of light, Routh is around the same judging by his being in several places around the planet within moments of each other.

MOS Superman is several hundred times faster than the speed of sound.

If QS is "only" several dozen machs he's not that fast.

WildBantha88
Khans strength works against him because quicksilver just makes him keep punching himself hahahaha

WildBantha88
Voldemort goes to cast a spell and quicksilver points the wand at his eye... lol this is the best thread ever because the possibilities are endless smile

Silent Master
Good ****ing rebuttal.

Reeves Superman is faster than the speed of light, Routh is around the same judging by his being in several places around the planet within moments of each other.

MOS Superman is several hundred times faster than the speed of sound.

If QS is "only" several dozen machs he's not that fast.

Yes, Superman has very good flight speed, but I'm talking about reaction speed.

BruceSkywalker
NB4 A CERTAIN POSTER COMES IN AND SPEWS IGNORANT SHIT ABOUT KHAN AND VODY..

anyway Quicksilver stomps, nothing they can do to touch him

Dr Will Hatch
Voldemort: "A-"

*Dies*

NemeBro
Yes, Superman has very good flight speed, but I'm talking about reaction speed. I don't think you know what reaction-time is.

Superman has to stop and change direction mid-flight and then head to a specific place he can sense, within moments. Traveling the speed of light. This takes reaction-time.

MOS Superman is not that fast but he was able to use this speed while fighting Zod.

KingD19
I've never been a big "calculations" guy, but trust me when I say Quicksilver is faster than MoS Superman by a fair amount. If you see the movie, you'll quickly see what we mean.

Time Immemorial
Yes, Superman has very good flight speed, but I'm talking about reaction speed.

He kept up with Faora's flash stepping. He adjusts to threats as needed. Did you actually watch this latest movie of X Men, QS has zero ability to hurt him.

Silent Master
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
NB4 A CERTAIN POSTER COMES IN AND SPEWS IGNORANT SHIT ABOUT KHAN AND VODY..

anyway Quicksilver stomps, nothing they can do to touch him

Agreed.

NemeBro
Originally posted by KingD19
I've never been a big "calculations" guy, but trust me when I say Quicksilver is faster than MoS Superman by a fair amount. If you see the movie, you'll quickly see what we mean.

Based on?

wakkawakkawakka
Based on?

the movie? and however long it takes for Wolverine to draw out his claws or a bullet to hit someone after its been fired.

Stealth Moose
Yeah, QS is faster than MoS Supes at least. He all but stops time.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
Yeah, QS is faster than MoS Supes at least. He all but stops time. So how fast do you think you need to be to achieve that effect?

Do you even know?

If you don't, I suggest you shut up about things you don't understand. thumb up

Stealth Moose
Y u mad bro?

We haven't seen MoS Supes do the shit QS can do. Have you seen the movie?

If not, stfu about stuff you don't understand. thumb up

NemeBro
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
Y u mad bro?

We haven't seen MoS Supes do the shit QS can do. Have you seen the movie?

If not, stfu about stuff you don't understand. thumb up

Nice cop-out. I didn't think you knew.

I accept your concession. thumb up

Stealth Moose
Nice cop-out. I didn't think you knew.

I accept your concession. thumb up

Said your mom last night.

Wait a minute...

StealthRanger
I don't think you know what reaction-time is.

Superman has to stop and change direction mid-flight and then head to a specific place he can sense, within moments. Traveling the speed of light. This takes reaction-time.

MOS Superman is not that fast but he was able to use this speed while fighting Zod.

Nu uh! Dat's travel speed, not combat speed :zaru

Seriously. Why the **** do people keep trying to apply the whole "combat speed" to characters here? Superman being one example?

carver9
Originally posted by StealthRanger
Nu uh! Dat's travel speed, not combat speed :zaru

Seriously. Why the **** do people keep trying to apply the whole "combat speed" to characters here? Superman being one example?

Its sad that he doesn't know the difference between combat speed and travel speed.

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by carver9
Its sad that he doesn't know the difference between combat speed and travel speed.

Quick stealing my lines.

StealthRanger

It's sad this kid (along with several others) follow the MVC "combat speed" way of thinking in 2014 of all times

DARTH POWER
It's sad this kid (along with several others) follow the MVC "combat speed" way of thinking in 2014 of all times

If travel speed equated combat speed then the Human Torch and Iron Man would both be speedsters capable of punching a hundred times per second.

But they can't.

Heck Nightcrawler could punch 1000 times per second if that were true.

2014's a great year to start using logic.

NemeBro
Its sad that he doesn't know the difference between combat speed and travel speed. What's really sad is that you were too stupid to notice that StealthRanger was agreeing with me and mocking people like you, lol.

StealthRanger
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
If travel speed equated combat speed then the Human Torch and Iron Man would both be speedsters capable of punching a hundred times per second.

See gentlemen this is the exact same shit I'm talking about

/waiting for how one defines "combat speed"

Based on?

>teleporter
>speed related argument

What?

Exactly, not following the ways of thinking of MVC or CBR

What's really sad is that you were too stupid to notice that StealthRanger was agreeing with me and mocking people like you, lol.

He honestly didn't notice?

lol, oh wow

DARTH POWER
See gentlemen this is the exact same shit I'm talking about

/waiting for how one defines "combat speed"

The speed one reacts, moves and fights at. Not just the speed one travels at. It's not difficult.

Based on?

I just frigging gave you the examples it's based on. When in the world have you seen Human Torch punch 100 times per second? Or see everything moving in slow motion, or run at someone superspeed? Never.

And yet he clearly flies at supersonic speed.

Ergo Travel speed is something completely different to Combat speed.

>teleporter
>speed related argument

What?

Because Teleportation is travel speed. If travel speed and combat speed were the same thing (as your claiming) then that would make Nightcrawler a speedster.

Storm is another one. She spins flying really fast in X3, but then gets blitzed by an actual speedster.

So most movies don't follow your line of logic. They follow the line that combat speed is something entirely different to travel speed.

We've been over this before, and I've shown you proof after proof after proof, but you just don't seem to get it.

StealthRanger
The speed one reacts, moves and fights at. Not just the speed one travels at. It's not difficult.

Note that word. Moves, guess what they're doing by flying :distracted

Also, aside from narrations stating such things, one can never truly tell how fast one fights (why we don't based speeds off fights instead of feats of speed)

>It looked slow so it is slow

****, if I remember he was able to circle Doom and torch his ass (not entirely sure on this one) while flying. Take that for what you will

And he's need to have similar reactions and perceptions if he's to fly and not be completely uncoordinated and crash into ****ing everything

Matter of fact, it's rare a case in fiction that characters will have reactions far lower than their own movement

See gentlemen, this is a prime example of the "combat speed" argument

There is no such thing. It is merely a fallacy invented by MVC trolls and DBZ tards to lowball speed of characters until they can disregard showings and say their favored guy speedblitzes

No it isn't. By teleporting you're ignoring time and distance to get places rather than crossing distances by any amount of time

Seriously, is it not obvious that teleportation=/=any form of speed by now?

Because the speedster is obviously just faster than Storm. Not a case of "combat speed" at all

No, they clearly don't

StealthRanger
http://www.outskirtsbattledomewiki.com/index.php/13-general-obd-terms/79-combat-speed-fallacy

Just going to post this again

DARTH POWER
Note that word. Moves, guess what they're doing by flying :distracted

Also, aside from narrations stating such things, one can never truly tell how fast one fights (why we don't based speeds off fights instead of feats of speed)

>It looked slow so it is slow

****, if I remember he was able to circle Doom and torch his ass (not entirely sure on this one) while flying. Take that for what you will

And he's need to have similar reactions and perceptions if he's to fly and not be completely uncoordinated and crash into ****ing everything

Wow, so Human Torch is a speedster now? Amazing.

Matter of fact, it's rare a case in fiction that characters will have reactions far lower than their own movement

No not at all. There's many characters. Human Torch, Iron Man, Storm.

See gentlemen, this is a prime example of the "combat speed" argument

There is no such thing. It is merely a fallacy invented by MVC trolls and DBZ tards to lowball speed of characters until they can disregard showings and say their favored guy speedblitzes

That's absolute Bull. You've just gone and made the Human Torch a speedster based upon him moving around Doom really fast and Storm for spinning around really fast LOL.

No it isn't. By teleporting you're ignoring time and distance to get places rather than crossing distances by any amount of time

Seriously, is it not obvious that teleportation=/=any form of speed by now?

By teleporting he's moving under his own power. Just as you argue that by flying he's Superman is moving under his own power. Doesn't matter because all that tells you is the speed at which they travel. Not the speed at which they can punch, kick, dodge and react.

Because the speedster is obviously just faster than Storm. Not a case of "combat speed" at all

And yet Storm was spinning around almost just as fast as she was moving. Go figure?

No, they clearly don't

http://www.outskirtsbattledomewiki.com/index.php/13-general-obd-terms/79-combat-speed-fallacy

Just going to post this again

Yeah that guy and you are both confused. All of comics and movies recognize the difference between travel speed and actual speed.

Why do you think that whenever Superman and Flash would race in their whole history of racing in comics, that they would have a Running contest? Why was Superman never just allowed to fly in their race?

Because that clearly wouldn't be a fair representation of whose faster. That would only show who can travel faster.

So Comics understand this, always have, films understand this as well. It's only you who doesn't get this.

StealthRanger
Wow, so Human Torch is a speedster now? Amazing.

I know, amazing rite? :maybe

Well ****, unless he's uncoordinated I see no reason why flying fast would give combatants reactions of even a semi similar level

Unless you want to argue he'd crash into ****ing everything when he flies. Yet this is not the case, at all

Well feats are feats and higher end feats are typically considered an accurate portrayal of a character. Flashy camera effects and how fast or slow something 'looked' don't mean anything

Or would you claim Agent Smith and Neo in the Matrix are only peak human subsonic in combat because we can clearly see them fight on screen with no flashy camera effects? It's called the "logical powerscaling>stylistic portrayal" way of thinking

Or to take this logic in Dragon Ball for a mo. Cell vs Goku appears to be faster than Buu vs Gohan, and yet none of us would claim the latter fight is slower because it looked like it. Considering Buu is way more powerful than Cell and Buu Saga characters and way more powerful than Android Saga characters

They're ignoring distance and time. They're not moving (as in the hole d/t=s thing) at all if they teleport. What is there not to get?

Again, high end feats define a character's portrayal for any medium

DARTH POWER
Jeez you've been explained this many times. People fly Jet fighter without crashing. Doesn't mean they're just that fast. I can drive a car at 100 mph without crashing, doesn't mean I'm just that fast.

The Human Torch can fly at supersonic speeds. But he's usually flying in the air with nothing to crash into. Does that mean he can read and think at supersonic speeds? Nope. Does that mean he can kick and punch at supersonic speeds? No. Does that mean he can run at supersonic speeds? No.

Heck if it's all about just "Flying in a straight line" then Thor and Green Lantern are both as fast as Superman. In fact heck they might even be faster.

Explain to me why Superman and Flash have always had a "Running" race to decide whose faster instead of just having Superman flying. Explain or concede that even comics get that Flying/Travel speed is different to the speeds you move your limbs at, you think and react at.

StealthRanger
Jeez you've been explained this many times. People fly Jet fighter without crashing. Doesn't mean they're just that fast. I can drive a car at 100 mph without crashing, doesn't mean I'm just that fast.

Nah, just ****ers rehashing the same shit you'd hear at MovieCodec and CBR

That's piloting a device, not moving under your own power

If you can turn and stop yourself as well as control your own flight path with enough precision (stop where and when you want at your own leisure)

It's a common case in fiction where characters' reactions and perceptions are far above their running speed and whatnot so, bleh

Then there's the obvious that characters tend to fight similarly fast characters in their own setting far more often than not

Good for them

Flash would be faster in any case even if Superman could fly from what I know. Though I'm not a comic expert so, yeah

DARTH POWER
Nah, just ****ers rehashing the same shit you'd hear at MovieCodec and CBR

That's piloting a device, not moving under your own power

But teleporting is moving under Nightcrawler's own power. But you ignore that. Besides both Human Torch and Storm fly under their own powers too.

If you can turn and stop yourself as well as control your own flight path with enough precision (stop where and when you want at your own leisure)

It's a common case in fiction where characters' reactions and perceptions are far above their running speed and whatnot so, bleh

Then there's the obvious that characters tend to fight similarly fast characters in their own setting far more often than not

I see your not actually giving any clear examples just making up your own theories. Just because someone can fly at a certain speed doesn't mean they can run and think at the same speed. As proven with numerous examples like Storm, The Human Torch, Green Lantern, Thor, Iron Man e.t.c e.t.c

Good for them

Neither of them can run as fast as they can fly. And neither of them see's bullets moving in slow motion or anything like that.

Flash would be faster in any case even if Superman could fly from what I know. Though I'm not a comic expert so, yeah

Not in the old days. Point is Superman can fly faster than he can run. That alone should tell you travel speed is completely different to combat speed.

Stealth Moose
I don't know why sloppy editing and flying speed is equal to combat speed. That's just dumb. QS stomps. He can eat a popsicle before you can blink.

StealthRanger
But teleporting is moving under Nightcrawler's own power. But you ignore that. Besides both Human Torch and Storm fly under their own powers too.

He's not crossing distance. He's ignoring it entirely. Teleportation has nothing to do with speed

Again, it's a common case where many characters in fiction have massive reactions and attack speed/flight/whatever else, but aren't shown crossing distance by running in short timeframes. Though I suppose if you want examples, ****ers like Kratos, 40K Space Marines, hell, even DBZ characters, Sailor Moon or ****ers like Thanos and Dormammu have this kind of thing

Basically just lolfiction, in a word

Well I wouldn't know about then. I've only read a few comics here and there

DBZ characters can fly faster than they can run. Nobody's going to detract their flight speed as "travel speed"

DTM
Quicksilver would Demolish Khan before Khan could blink. Voldermort might be a challenge if he can turn to smoke before QS lays a smackdown on him. Id probably still go Quicksilver to take both in the end.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.