Characters that had great potential

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Characters like Kyp Durron and Darth Cognus seem to almost be cast aside in Star wars. That is characters whose feats or actions indicate tremendous force ability, but are seldom used at all and who never got the story arc they deserve. What are some characters you've read about that had great power, or if they were non force sensitive were just interesting to read about?

Fated Xtasy
Qu Rahn is one that comes to mind, as well as Ajunta Pall, Tulak Hord, Darth Sion(give us something showing him before he became lord of pain) and one who I think people horribly underrated is Jaden Korr he was like the Barsen'thor/HoT of the 2000s and people don't even take him seriously in Vs threads which kinda sucks

Emperordmb
I agree with Darth Cognus for sure.

Zelashiel the Blasphemer could also use his own story arc.

PTforthewin
Dass Jennir

DarthAnt66
Revan.
A videogame and a novel wasn't enough.

PTforthewin
He was in swtor

PTforthewin
Revan should be in Star Wars rebels, helping the rebels out

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by PTforthewin
Revan should be in Star Wars rebels, helping the rebels out
http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/guns/suicide.gif

Jmanghan
I don't think Revan is quite done yet, we all wanna know how he dies, obviously. I think Revan is going to take on a Full-Powered Vitiate at some point and defeat him, like they said, Vitiate DID die at some point, but how did he die? When? And who killed him? (Since he was immortal, he can't die unless killed, and I don't think Sickness counts either.)

DarthAnt66
Finally, someone who understands. thumb up

PTforthewin
Revan is a overrated *****

NTJack0
He's dead and done with, let's move on, I love Kotor 1/2 Revan, anything after is utter crap.

Tzeentch
General Grievous.

Supposed to be a master strategist and badass fighter who can casually destroy council member-level Jedi. Is instead depicted as being a roughly knight to low-end master fighter and consistently displays Original Trilogy Imperial-level incompetence in the face of the heroes.

PTforthewin
Grievous gets pwned by everyone except ahsoka

deathslash
Grievous gets pwned by everyone except ahsoka oh please. Up until Windu crushed his lungs, Grievous was a monster and had a priety impressive win/loss ratio.

deathslash
Originally posted by Jmanghan
I don't think Revan is quite done yet, we all wanna know how he dies, obviously. I think Revan is going to take on a Full-Powered Vitiate at some point and defeat him, like they said, Vitiate DID die at some point, but how did he die? When? And who killed him? (Since he was immortal, he can't die unless killed, and I don't think Sickness counts either.) I would like it if Revan killed Vitiate and instead decided to flee rhe planet and fade into obscurity.

PTforthewin
Originally posted by deathslash
oh please. Up until Windu crushed his lungs, Grievous was a monster and had a priety impressive win/loss ratio. right... He still got trouble from season 1 ahsoka for a short time, plus grievous was only meant to be a badass for a short time.

deathslash
right... He still got trouble from season 1 ahsoka for a short time, plus grievous was only meant to be a badass for a short time. You do realize that he fought ashoka after he got his lungs crushed by Windu right?

Nalaniel
Originally posted by deathslash
You do realize that he fought ashoka after he got his lungs crushed by Windu right?

No. The Battle of Coruscant took place in 19 BBY, when Ahsoka wasn't in the Jedi Order anymore.

Ace Hambone
Originally posted by Tzeentch
General Grievous.

Supposed to be a master strategist...

Alas, there's not much military strategy in Star Wars - at least the movies.

The land armies line up against each other like it's the freakin Battle of Culloden or something - except with less strategy!

chilled monkey
Seha Dorvald is my favourite EU character. She had plenty of potential and my biggest problem with the "Sequels/New EU/Legends" thing is not getting any more novels with her.

(RIP Aaron Allston. He was by far my favourite Star Wars author).

Scout also had great potential and I would absolutely read more novels with her.

While I'm not normally interested in non-Jedi, Hylo Visz seemed like an intriguing character with potential. I'd read a novel/comic with her in it.

PTforthewin
Alpha-17

Q99
Saarai. Daughter of the One Sith Second-in-Command. Destined to be the next Voice. Fantastic in force powers for her age, trusted by her father to stop any sith from approaching Krayt's tomb. Yet her father died, which'd leave her loyalty in question.... and then Krayt died, rendering that moot as well.

So, what becomes of her now? We may never know.

Darth _Sadow1
In the novels and comics, Grievous is an absolute force of destruction that is feared. In the cartoon, he's a joke because the bad guys have to lose. But as for characters that need more tome dedicated to them, I would like to see more of the Krath race. Grievous and Vader are supposed to be slightly modeled after their droids, so I want to know more about them.

King Joker
Ahsoka would've definitely been Council level in her prime, she had great potential.

Emperordmb
Plagueis was gonna go far... then Sidious cheapshotted him.

PTforthewin
Originally posted by King Joker
Ahsoka would've definitely been Council level in her prime, she had great potential. NO she should have died in season 2 in the geonosis battle episodes where she explodes the droid factory, she should have died there plus Barriss isn't in episode 3 so it could have been a good death for both them.

King Joker
wut?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.