Ven Zallow vs. Savage Opress

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Force, sabers, all out

WildBantha88
Ven Zallow

WildBantha88
I don't hate many starwars characters but I do hate Savage, his character just urks me. And im not one of those idiots who thinks he is anything better than a big guy swinging a lightsaber around like a baseball bat. Savage dies and I smile

PTforthewin
Ven Zallow with ease he killed 2 top tier Sith Lords in a single moment and time and dueled evenly with Malgus before gettings cocky and doing a little twirl that got him killed

NewGuy01
Savage.

Lol at Bantha openly admitting bias at every possible turn.

WildBantha88
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Savage.

Lol at Bantha openly admitting bias at every possible turn.

every possible turn? I mean sure Savage makes me want to throw a baby at a wall Ray William Johnson style but being bias against Savage doesn't matter because, who cares about Savage? Guarantee no one will honestly say that Savage Opress of all people is there favorite character

DarthAnt66
Savage is my favorite TCW character.
Second would be probably Echo.

PTforthewin
Savage is my 20th favorite character

WildBantha88
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
Second would be probably Echo.

as I said no one can HONESTLY say that he is there favorite

DarthAnt66
I honestly say Savage is my favorite.

WildBantha88
I honestly say Savage is my favorite.

no

DarthAnt66
"May I present...Savage...Opress."
Best line in TCW. It's pure badass.

Fated Xtasy
Savage is someone, who I really dislike, he has no potential for character development and was really just a prop for Maul to get some screen time imo, that said he's a really aggressive fighter who managed to kill jedi master Adi Gallia, survive Dooku's lightning, and duel both Anakin and Obi-wan. I may dislike his character but he has quite a lot going for him. more so than Ven Zallow. that said im going with master Zallow as he much more well trained than the sith brute(no offense) and he was able to hold own against Malgus who at that point surpassed Savage in all areas of battle

PTforthewin
Second would be probably Echo. hevy FTW

Nephthys
I really dislike Savage as well. I find him really annoying since he shouldn't be able to compete in lightsabers with a real duelist without being sliced up, since he has no skill at all. Plus I dislike brutes in general in fiction.

PTforthewin
He killed 2 Sith Lords in seconds

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by Nephthys
I really dislike Savage as well. I find him really annoying since he shouldn't be able to compete in lightsabers with a real duelist without being sliced up, since he has no skill at all. Plus I dislike brutes in general in fiction.
Thank you, atleast some one understands, its like seeing guys use guns in a bloody kong fu movie it doesn't mix well

NewGuy01
But the truth is that Savage is very talented, he's just unfocused and his rage makes him sloppy. If that weren't the case, he wouldn't have defeated a Council Member in lightsaber combat.

And his misgivings in focus and control are made up for by his insane raw power and enhanced physical capabilities.

Lord Stark
Savage takes this with difficulty. His power in the force is superior, and although his saber technique isn't amazing, his raw brute power is. Putting Dooku on the floor with raw strength is really incredible.

PTforthewin
Not really, dooku was toying him, And let him do that

Q99
I, on the flip side, like Savage, but he is not a match for someone of Zallow's level of skill.

NewGuy01
Funny, considering someone of Adi Gallia's level of skill was not a match for Savage.

PTforthewin
Adi Gallia is a loser jedi

Lord Stark
Originally posted by PTforthewin
Not really, dooku was toying him, And let him do that

He let him put him on his ass and disarm him? laughing

Q99
Funny, considering someone of Adi Gallia's level of skill was not a match for Savage.

Adi's not Zallow's level. While a councilor, and a good warrior by normal standards, she's lowish among the council warriors.

NewGuy01
Zallow isn't even on the Council.

Nephthys
Neither were a lot of powerful Jedi. The Hero of Tython for instance, despite being their greatest fighter since Act 1 of the game.

Lord Stark
Neither were a lot of powerful Jedi. The Hero of Tython for instance, despite being their greatest fighter since Act 1 of the game.

That's because the Hero of Tython was so young and likely brash and headstrong.

NewGuy01
But Q's reasoning was that she was weaker than a Council member, which Zallow is not.

Nephthys
Ok well what about Kellian Jarro, who killed a hundred veteran mando's in the Sack, yet was less powerful than Zallow? No council position for him.

But Q's reasoning was that she was weaker than a Council member, which Zallow is not.

No, he said she was a low level council member. Which she is.

Lord Stark

Honestly Zallow was probably stronger than the grandmaster lol. Being on the Jedi Council is not what it meant in the Clone Wars.

Zett
Savage was equal or superior to Plo. He held his own against Anakin and Obi-Wan, killed Adi and fought Dooku well. He would defeat Zallow in my opinion.

Q99
Yea, not all council-level Jedi are on the council- Luminara, for example, is stronger than Adi, going in the CW.

Zallow's got his own high position as one of the Jedi's top commanders, though, and most council Jedi are fairly strong and cluster around a few levels of ability, so they're fairly good to use as a comparison. He's certainly High Council level.

Lord Stark
Is Adi really weaker than Luminara? I guess she did do better against Ventress than Adi did against Savage. But Savage is also far stronger than Season 1 Ventress.

NewGuy01
Regardless of how good Adi is, Luminara is more capable than most of the Jedi Council.

That said, Zallow doesn't have much going for him that Gallia doesn't.

Nephthys
Disagree. He pwned Adrass and several Sith Lords with some ease and went toe to toe with Malgus.

Has Gallia have.... any feats?

NewGuy01
Is a confirmed master swordsman, is on the Jedi Council, stalemated Grievous on two occasions, fared better against Savage than Ventress did, etc.

Nephthys
So no then.

NewGuy01
All Zallow has is being one of the most famous Jedi in the Order, slaughtering Sith fodder, and going toe to toe with Malgus--Who as far as dueling goes has done nothing but defeat Kao-Cen by this point--and that's it.

It's no more than what Gallia has at all.

Nephthys
Those Sith fodder were some of the best Sith Warriors in the order. Blitzing them is a outstanding feat. As is casually pwning Adraas. Zallow was above any other Jedi on site, including Orgus Din and Kellian Jarro, two badasses. Zallow is legit.

Fighting GG for 10 seconds twice doesn't put her on par with Zallow. At best it puts her on par with Ahsoka.

PTforthewin
Orgus Din is horrible getting pwned by his own apprentice

Nephthys
Bzzzzz bzzzzzz

Lord Stark
Those Sith fodder were some of the best Sith Warriors in the order. Blitzing them is a outstanding feat. As is casually pwning Adraas. Zallow was above any other Jedi on site, including Orgus Din and Kellian Jarro, two badasses. Zallow is legit.

Fighting GG for 10 seconds twice doesn't put her on par with Zallow. At best it puts her on par with Ahsoka.

Bro are you just going to ignore her doing well against Savage? Also Orgus Din is a joke.

NewGuy01
Foddeerrrrrrrr

Orgus Din was such a loser.

One of those times was through like half of an episode, though most of it was off-screen.

And considering all Malgus has done by this point is defeat Kao-Cen and Satele, both of which are featless as swordsmen, Zallow stalemating him speaks less for his abilities than his accolades. Malgus's lightsaber abilities were as impressive as they are in the first place because he defeated Zallow.

Nephthys
Originally posted by Lord Stark
Bro are you just going to ignore her doing well against Savage? Also Orgus Din is a joke.

She didn't do that well imo. Plus Savage is hardly a master swordsman. She should dance around him for a while.

Din is the most battlehardened and veteran Jedi in the order and casually collapsed a cave. He's not bad.

Lord Stark
She didn't do that well imo. Plus Savage is hardly a master swordsman. She should dance around him for a while.

Are you trolling? Savage is a master swordsman.

His feats include getting penetrated by Darth Angral twice, and losing to his own apprentice who was owned by HoT.

Nephthys
Are you trolling? Savage is a master swordsman.

Oh god, I just snorted lemonade all over my keyboard. That was mean.

His feats include getting penetrated by Darth Angral twice, and losing to his own apprentice who was owned by HoT.

Dark Council caliber who even Vitiate referred to as useful Angral, sure. Morr is cool.

Lord Stark
Oh god, I just snorted lemonade all over my keyboard. That was mean.

Yes, defeating master swordsmen...who have also defeated master swordsman makes him a master swordsman.

http://gifsec.com/wp-content/uploads/GIF/2014/04/Vladimir-Putin-laugh-gif.gif

Dark Council level means nothing. Remember Xedrix and Vowrawn were also 'Dark Council Level'. The time he fought a powerful Sith said Sith wiped the floor with his ass. Baras casually disposed of him.

Q99

Dark Council level means nothing. Remember Xedrix and Vowrawn were also 'Dark Council Level'. The time he fought a powerful Sith said Sith wiped the floor with his ass. Baras casually disposed of him.

I'd say it means some, but one should perhaps specify 'dark council warrior'.

Just like a Jedi who got onto the Jedi council for their combat ability is going to be pretty impressive, diplomacy less-so.

Vowrawn is basically the Coleman Trebor of the Dark Council- he's good at what he does, and that's not fighting.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Q99

Just like a Jedi who got onto the Jedi council for their combat ability is going to be pretty impressive, diplomacy less-so.

Vowrawn is basically the Coleman Trebor of the Dark Council- he's good at what he does, and that's not fighting.
That is a very interesting parallel between the two. They appear to be mirror opposites of eachother in this regard.

Coleman Trebor is great at using diplomacy to maintain peace for selfless reasons, while Vowrawn uses diplomacy to form alliances and incite bloodshed to bring down his rivals.

Though I don't have too much respect for Vowrawn's combative abilities, he does appear to be quite clever.

NewGuy01
Adi Gallia is a Council Member level warrior as well, though, so why is she grouped as less impressive than a guy who was painfully crushed by Angral?

PTforthewin
Adi Gallia > Orgus Din

Lord Stark
Originally posted by Q99

And Darth Angral is good at commanding troops and making weapons but got one-panelled by Darth Baras.

Nephthys
Foddeerrrrrrrr

Buuuulllshiiiiiit. Just because they're fodder to Zallow doesn't mean they're fodder.

Orgus Din was such a loser.

Less of a loser than Adi Gallia.

One of those times was through like half of an episode, though most of it was off-screen.

And considering all Malgus has done by this point is defeat Kao-Cen and Satele, both of which are featless as swordsmen, Zallow stalemating him speaks less for his abilities than his accolades. Malgus's lightsaber abilities were as impressive as they are in the first place because he defeated Zallow.

Amazing. Off-screen feats, ooooh.

Malgus was also fodderising Jedi in that fight. And you're wrong about Satele since she blitzed a crowd of Sith in the video and beats a Dark Council member a few weeks later. Malgus defeaing Darach and being one of the greatest Warriors in the Empire 30 years previously also proves his ability.

Yes, defeating master swordsmen...who have also defeated master swordsman makes him a master swordsman.

He doesn't defeat them through his mastery of the lightsaber. He has barely any lightsaber training. He's a huge, heavily armored monster with a big laser stick. He beats opponents down. He beat Gallia by minotaur charging her.

http://gifsec.com/wp-content/uploads/GIF/2014/04/Vladimir-Putin-laugh-gif.gif

Lolwut? You're the one throwing around Council status as an amazing accomplishment. Despite the fact that its far easier to get onto the Jedi Council than the Dark Council. The DC is confirmed made up of the best and most powerful Sith in the Order. A few anomalies prove nothing.

Xedrix declined in strength. That doesn't mean he didn't earn his way on the council through his power previously. Vowrawn is a chessmaster who's killed dozens of Sith.

And Darth Baras almost became the de facto Emperor. He's one of the top TOR Sith and had his Sel Makor amp at the time.

gideongarner01

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.