What new technology in The Clone Wars show have struck you as memorable

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Abonis
Star Wars has always been relatively static in its progression of technology, but with the EU gone, the sequels could show some new things. However, what cool stuff has TCW brought to the table?

PTforthewin
The brain scan that was done on tup and fives

PTforthewin
The blaster technology from the Umbarans was impressive as well

Emperordmb
For once I actually agree with PTforthewin, the Umbaran stuff was pretty kewl.

Ace Hambone
I've always seen Star Wars as more fantasy than science fiction in that it's not really concerned with technology, especially not with considering how technology might affect society.

Blasters work just like guns, except people miss 90% of the time.
Light sabers work just like swords, except without all the messy blood. (Come to think of it, ditto with the guns!)
Military strategyg hasn't progressed beyond the 18th Century on the ground.

The only real attempt at something interesting technology-wise was an afterthought and it was pretty lame - midichlorians!

PTforthewin
Whats wrong with midichlorians? It was a great idea.

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by PTforthewin
Whats wrong with midichlorians? It was a great idea. No. It wasn't.

PTforthewin
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
No. It wasn't. yeah so all jedi can become luke Skywalkers wow that's pretty good right

Emperordmb
I thought midi-chlorians worked because it gave us a standard for who can and cannot wield the power of the force. Plus it gave us the story of Darth Plagueis.

Ace Hambone
Originally posted by Emperordmb
I thought midi-chlorians worked because it gave us a standard for who can and cannot wield the power of the force. Plus it gave us the story of Darth Plagueis.

I do like the Darth Plagueis story. But midichlorians are only there to explain how the magic people do their magic. Even Darth Plagueis' experiments only lead to him being a more powerful magician, they don't seem to be something that can be replicated by non-Jedi.

Cloning is more of a real-deal technology that Star Wars treats with a little bit. But the movies at least don't really address the ethics of cloning. And the droids as well, thought the 'personhood' of Artoo and Threepio isn't really explored. It's just sort of there.

All the technology is basically there to serve the plot and the themes of the story. There is nothing wrong with that; my point is simply that the plot and the themes don't have much to do with technology. The themes of the story and much of the inspiration come from the past, not the future.

Lord Lucien
I thought midi-chlorians worked because it gave us a standard for who can and cannot wield the power of the force. That is exactly why it was awful.

Originally posted by Ace Hambone
But midichlorians are only there to explain how the magic people do their magic. This.

Not every element of a story or plot needs to be explained. A lot of people seem to reflexively recoil at something remaining mysterious.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Not every element of a story or plot needs to be explained. A lot of people seem to reflexively recoil at something remaining mysterious.
But when something is explained, I'm not gonna flip shit and say "this is ****ing stupid, Lucas is raping my childhood!"

PTforthewin
Star Wars isnt sci-fi

Lord Lucien
But when something is explained, I'm not gonna flip shit and say "this is ****ing stupid, Lucas is raping my childhood!" http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/21496318.jpg

But yeah, no one's childhood was ruined. The OT still exists, so just watch that and forget the PT. Unless you're the kind of *sshole who likes disparaging the PT, then keep right at it.

But enough about me.

Darth _Sadow1
Personally, I really liked the Malevolence. I thought that it was a great superweapon idea. I also liked the commando droids and the tactical droids.

PTforthewin
The commando droids where really cool, but like all battle droids they where cannon fodder, the weapon that was used on malastare to destroy an entire army of battle droids was cool aswell,

PTforthewin
I ****ing hate Mr.Plinkett ****ing PT hating OT ****ing fatass, dirty moron.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.