Godzilla vs. Smaug

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Firefly218
Which creature wins in a fight?

Flyattractor
Godzilla has a nice Smaug-wich

KingD19
I'll give you one guess on who's bigger, and who's tougher, and who's fire is hotter, and who's scarier...and who's green.

jaden101
Well given we know Smaug will get taken out by a giant crossbow bolt it's safe to say Godzilla stomps.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by KingD19
I'll give you one guess on who's bigger, and who's tougher, and who's fire is hotter, and who's scarier...and who's green.
Is the new Big G green? Every scene he was in was so washed out in grays that I couldn't tell.

KingD19
He's like a really deep grayish-green. Like he spent too much time at the bottom of the ocean and the algae just got stuck on him.

Flyattractor
Apparently so did San Francisco.

quanchi112
Smaug wins.

KingD19
Seriously? How?

quanchi112
Seriously? How? Attacking him and using superior speed to where Godzilla wouldn't know where to strike next.

Lestov16
Originally posted by quanchi112
Smaug wins.

laughing laughing laughing hysterical rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing

quanchi112
Originally posted by Lestov16
laughing laughing laughing hysterical rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing Why is that humorous, Qasim ?

Flyattractor
Smaug might stand a chance against Zilla but not a chance against any of the actual Big G's.

Lestov16
Why is that humorous, Qasim ?

why do I even need to explain? Your tactic is pretty clear now. Besides being a bottom boy who wanks characters from your favorite movies, you also have raging butthurt against movies you didn't like. You didn't like MOS, so Superman doesn't win anything. You didn't like Godzilla, so now Godzilla doesn't win.

You are the worst debater EVER. Thank goodness Imp lets you be the KMC clown boi, because this is your last refuge since you've been banned from every other board on the internet.

In other words, your pathetic idiocy is quite humorous.

quanchi112
why do I even need to explain? Your tactic is pretty clear now. Besides being a bottom boy who wanks characters from your favorite movies, you also have raging butthurt against movies you didn't like. You didn't like MOS, so Superman doesn't win anything. You didn't like Godzilla, so now Godzilla doesn't win.

You are the worst debater EVER. Thank goodness Imp lets you be the KMC clown boi, because this is your last refuge since you've been banned from every other board on the internet.

In other words, your pathetic idiocy is quite humorous. Godzilla wins and I've sided with him in the pacific rim gauntlet.

He is slow though. Smaug is fast.

I haven't been banned from any part of the board, Qasim. You need to work on your embarrassing body. Its awful and you're young.

laughing out loud

Time Immemorial
How the hell is Smaug gonna beat Godzilla?

Omega Vision
I haven't seen the Godzilla movie yet, but I recall from the trailers that F-22s are being brought down...assuming Godzilla can bring down an F-22 then Smaug will be a laughably easy target.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
How the hell is Smaug gonna beat Godzilla? Speed. Godzilla also gassed himself and passed out after killing the mutos.

Nemesis X
He is slow though. Smaug is fast.

The MUTO's fast too and Godzilla tail whipped it out of the air and into a building.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Nemesis X
The MUTO's fast too and Godzilla tail whipped it out of the air and into a building. No, they aren't. They are bigger and not very mobile. They are awkward. Godzilla got his ass kicked when they both teamed up on him.

BruceSkywalker
Cumberbatch takes some atomic fire down the mouth and loses

KingD19
It took 2 creatures both nearly the size of Big G himself to damage him to the point that he needed a nap. After he murdered both of them. He woke up a day or 2 later completely healed. Smaug has no chance, especially if Godzilla just spams his Nuclear Fire.

BruceSkywalker
It took 2 creatures both nearly the size of Big G himself to damage him to the point that he needed a nap. After he murdered both of them. He woke up a day or 2 later completely healed. Smaug has no chance, especially if Godzilla just spams his Nuclear Fire.

shhhhh! don't tell quan that embarrasment

quanchi112
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
Cumberbatch takes some atomic fire down the mouth and loses It is Smaug not the actor, lame brain.

quanchi112
It took 2 creatures both nearly the size of Big G himself to damage him to the point that he needed a nap. After he murdered both of them. He woke up a day or 2 later completely healed. Smaug has no chance, especially if Godzilla just spams his Nuclear Fire. They both lack Smaug's mobility and Godzilla needed aid in the nuclear energy drawing the one Muto away from him. Weak showing for Godzilla when he passed out.

Epicurus
Originally posted by Omega Vision
I haven't seen the Godzilla movie yet, but I recall from the trailers that F-22s are being brought down...assuming Godzilla can bring down an F-22 then Smaug will be a laughably easy target.
Nope. That was the male MUTO's EMP attack which took out those planes.

But Godzilla is strong enough to collapse an entire bridge just by walking through it. And his hide was tough enough to withstand machine gunfire and multiple missile strikes.

Not to mention the sheer size difference. His breadth alone is almost equal to the length of an aircraft carrier. Which I reckon is a great deal bigger than Smaug. IIRC, the official weight they gave for him was 90,000 tons.

Goji gives him the male MUTO treatment imo.

focus4chumps
if smaug had help from balerion the dread, perhaps.

the only way he would stand a chance is a joint attack like with the mutos. however unlike the mutos they have no way of piercing godzillas flesh. the muto's arms were essentially spears with a single sharp tips.

KingD19
And the MUTO's were nearly as large as Godzilla himself.

Also, don't forget they dropped several nukes trying to kill Godzilla and did nothing. A single one of those nukes would vaporize Smaug.

Epicurus

Also, don't forget they dropped several nukes trying to kill Godzilla and did nothing. A single one of those nukes would vaporize Smaug.
Yup. The nuke-tanking feat makes this a definitive win for Goji.

quanchi112

Also, don't forget they dropped several nukes trying to kill Godzilla and did nothing. A single one of those nukes would vaporize Smaug. Nukes empower him. Acting like he doesn't feed off that energy and ignoring that is what all Godzilla fanboys do. A building ko'd him yet isn't up to nuke power while it's clearly effective on the big dumb monster.

smile

KuRuPT Thanosi
Godzilla took down planes MUCH faster and SMALLLER than Smaug... who is the clown shoes saying Smaug is too fast for Godzilla to hit? Godzilla is a complete utter stomp

Estacado
Smaug is a retard who gets tricked by midgets.

Godzilla bitchslaps him.

Zack Fair
Originally posted by Firefly218
Which creature wins in a fight? Are you serious?

Lestov16
Nukes empower him. Acting like he doesn't feed off that energy and ignoring that is what all Godzilla fanboys do. A building ko'd him yet isn't up to nuke power while it's clearly effective on the big dumb monster.

smile

So to further add to your repertoire of KMC Clown Boi, you demonstrate a complete lack of basic science. Godzilla absorbs radiation yes, but nukes also pack a little thing called kinetic energy. Godzilla tanked the kinetic energy (not to mention temperature), which is above anything Smaug could ever output in a lifetime.

Also, the building didn't KO him. Numerous buildings fell on him as he was smashing through them. He got KOed because he was just done getting tag teamed by 2 MUTOs almost as big and durable as he is.

draxx_tOfU
Yeah Smaug is outclassed. He becomes a chew toy for Goji.

quanchi112
So to further add to your repertoire of KMC Clown Boi, you demonstrate a complete lack of basic science. Godzilla absorbs radiation yes, but nukes also pack a little thing called kinetic energy. Godzilla tanked the kinetic energy (not to mention temperature), which is above anything Smaug could ever output in a lifetime.

Also, the building didn't KO him. Numerous buildings fell on him as he was smashing through them. He got KOed because he was just done getting tag teamed by 2 MUTOs almost as big and durable as he is. Again he absorbs the radiation making him more powerful. Quit ignoring his power source.

He was ko'd after the building fell on him not due to the Mutos there. Nuke>>mutos.

Quit being pathetic, Qasim.

Lestov16
Did you read WTF I wrote? Radiation and kinetic energy are not the same thing.

Learn science before you troll, Kenneth.

quanchi112

Learn science before you troll, Kenneth. I didn't say they were. You obviously didn't read what I wrote. He still absorbs the radiation thus becoming more powerful due to his food source.

Work out, Qasim. You look awful in that G unit shirt.

smile

juggerman

They actually pointed that out in the movie with their plan to blow up the two monsters.

Lestov16
So you agree he's powerful enough to tank the kinetic energy of a nuke. Good boy.

Sorry I don't fit your standards like Handsome Rob. Did he ever call you?

quanchi112
Originally posted by juggerman
They actually pointed that out in the movie with their plan to blow up the two monsters. They were hopeful it would work due to the sheer force but it was never proven since we didn't get to see it.

Lestov16
Do you understand what juggerman is saying? The film confirms that Godzilla can tank at least terajoules of kinetic energy. Smaug isn't generating that, nor the equivalent temperature.

Stop trolling and learn science rather than judging guys' photos, creepazoid.

Tattoos N Scars
Do you understand what juggerman is saying? The film confirms that Godzilla can tank at least terajoules of kinetic energy. Smaug isn't generating that, nor the equivalent temperature.

Stop trolling and learn science rather than judging guys' photos, creepazoid.

He won't stop til he sees your penis!

juggerman
They were hopeful it would work due to the sheer force but it was never proven since we didn't get to see it.

Actually they were only hopeful about the other two monsters. This was clearly proven against Godzilla

quanchi112
Originally posted by juggerman
Actually they were only hopeful about the other two monsters. This was clearly proven against Godzilla No, it wasn't since this amount of force was never used against any of them.

Godzilla was ko'd by far less than this force so only focusing on nukes is silly.

Lestov16
No IIRC at that point they were hoping to kill Godzilla in the blast too. That's why they mentioned the 1954 attempts. It wasn't until the MUTOs stole the nuke that they started relying on Goji.

quanchi112
Lestov is coming back to my side like he always does sooner or later.

laughing out loud

Lestov16
Godzilla was ko'd by far less than this force so only focusing on nukes is silly.

Lowball and ignore context. The Quan Method. Guaranteed to work 0% of the time.

quanchi112
Lowball and ignore context. The Quan Method. Guaranteed to work 0% of the time. No, it is called using evidence from the movie. Ignoring things and focusing on others is being biased.

Lestov16
Ignoring things and focusing on others is being biased.

only focusing on nukes is silly.

Hypocrisy, thy name is Quan

quanchi112
Hypocrisy, thy name is Quan I am glad you agree. I broke down why that is irrelevant in detail. You saying he can tank nukes thus nothing else less than can hurt him ignores the film.

I am a great debater, fatty.

Zack Fair
Id like to see Quan debate in court. He'll probably get thrown in jail a minute after he starts proving his case. 131

quanchi112
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Id like to see Quan debate in court. He'll probably get thrown in jail a minute after he starts proving his case. 131 Want to battlezone me, bigmouth ?

You're weak.

Lestov16
"I want the jury to know that I did not kill that prostitute. Let me tell you about my stance on women:
lbB_HVcXpPk"

-the Quan Defense

quanchi112
"I want the jury to know that I did not kill that prostitute. Let me tell you about my stance on women:
lbB_HVcXpPk"

-the Quan Defense Quit obsessing over me due to the fact you don't have anything in your pathetic life.

Lestov16
http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120215034507/segaforumgames/images/4/41/Butthurt.png

BTW, Godzilla annihilates Smaug, butthurt boi who debates against characters from any movies he doesn't like.

quanchi112
http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120215034507/segaforumgames/images/4/41/Butthurt.png Irony.

Lestov16
Godzilla wins, Clown boi.

quanchi112
Godzilla wins, Clown boi. How ? Debate and leave your feminine feelings out of this.

Lestov16
This thread was over on the first page. Smaug isn't generating 100+ terajoules of kinetic energy or 300,000+ degrees Celsius fire, and thus gets his little ass literally curbstomped into the pavement, like you are in every debate.

KingD19
Wait...Quan said Big G got Ko'd by a building? Ok so he didn't see the movie. Because Goji clearly tail whips papa Muto into a building damn fast. Then after letting him die like Smaug would from far less damage, he starts fighting Mama Muto again. Then he nukes the inside of her throat and rips her head off. He collapses after the fight due to getting stabbed and body slammed over 2 dozen times by creatures not much smaller than him.

Also, just proved another point. Godzilla and the MUTO's feed off radiation. Godzilla's flame breath is atomic in nature, but they clearly weren't empowered by it.

Estacado
Isnt Smaug like 10 times smaller then Godzilla?

KingD19
Probably moreso.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Estacado
Isnt Smaug like 10 times smaller then Godzilla? Point ?

quanchi112
This thread was over on the first page. Smaug isn't generating 100+ terajoules of kinetic energy or 300,000+ degrees Celsius fire, and thus gets his little ass literally curbstomped into the pavement, like you are in every debate. You are a nitwit. It's like saying godzillas throat can't be slashed or his eyes can't be gouged out. You see everything as force only.

It takes a lot more to punch someone out but humans can still die by pressing your hands over their nose and mouth. Get a clue.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Godzilla in a stomp.... Quan won't bz this and he knows it.. will you quan?

juggerman
Not because he can't win tho. It'll be because he just isn't interested

Lestov16
You are a nitwit. It's like saying godzillas throat can't be slashed or his eyes can't be gouged out. You see everything as force only.

It takes a lot more to punch someone out but humans can still die by pressing your hands over their nose and mouth. Get a clue.

Again, you lack basic scientific knowledge, Clown Boi. How is Smaug going to penetrate skin that can withstand over 70+ terajoules of kinetic energy? And if he even thinks about going near Godzilla's head he will be immediately eaten or burned to a crisp.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Nukes empower him. Acting like he doesn't feed off that energy and ignoring that is what all Godzilla fanboys do. A building ko'd him yet isn't up to nuke power while it's clearly effective on the big dumb monster.

smile

That's a pretty stupid thing to say.

Godzilla feeds on radiation but that doesn't change the fact that he has to have the durability necessary to tank the actual Nuclear Explosion.

Robtard
Smaug would be fairly small compared to Godzilla. Can't see Smaug's claws, teeth or fire-breath harming a beast that tanks SAM and it only causes some minor pain/annoyance. Let alone the more massive claws of the female MUTO.

As far as the nuke and "it makes Godzilla stronger" argument. That was actually touched upon in the film. The military wasn't planning on killing Godzilla and the MUTOs with the radiation, the force of the blast was going to do it. For those that are youtube debating or didn't pay attention in the film.

KingD19
That's been explained to Quan. He ignored it.

Robtard
That's been explained to Quan. He ignored it.

Youtube debaters like to ignore the parts of a film they've not seen. Such is the way of things.

quanchi112
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Godzilla in a stomp.... Quan won't bz this and he knows it.. will you quan? After hobbit 3. I'll definitely consider it just to see you one of the weakest debaters ever in a battlezone.Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
That's a pretty stupid thing to say.

Godzilla feeds on radiation but that doesn't change the fact that he has to have the durability necessary to tank the actual Nuclear Explosion. It is also empowering him at the same time. It's like saying a really powerful punch is required to ko me but putting your hands over my mouth and nose can't kill me.

Eminence
Godzilla smashes.

Seems like every other thread here turns into quanchi112 trolling about a dozen other people.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Eminence
Godzilla smashes.

Seems like every other thread here turns into quanchi112 trolling about a dozen other people. Silence, slave.

Epicurus
Just for the record, no building ever ko'd Goji. The wounds and exhaustion sustained from battling the 30 meter tall male MUTO and 300 foot female MUTO is what did. Goji isn't an inexperienced Superman.

As far his durability goes, he withstood a mutli-kiloton device exploding over his back in 1954. Sure, he feeds on radiation but that doesn't make him impervious to the sheer force of the blast which is thousands of times greater than anything Smaug can muster up. Also, withstanding artillery fire and tank shots along with multiple missile strikes.

Heck, a juvenile version of the male MUTO had enough power to destroy a nuclear facility just by feeding on the radiation of the plant. Which again is a much better feat than defeating an army of dwarves from medieval settings. And we know that male MUTO<Goji.

Goji stomps, and he stomps hard. Like literally stomps Smaug into the ground.

DTM
I didnt get the impression Smaug was close to the size of Godzilla, who should be much bigger and stronger than him in return. G wins easily.

quanchi112
If it wasn't the building he would have fallen prior to. The building ko'd the weak monster. Condolences, fanboys.

KuRuPT Thanosi
After hobbit 3. I'll definitely consider it just to see you one of the weakest debaters ever in a battlezone. It is also empowering him at the same time. It's like saying a really powerful punch is required to ko me but putting your hands over my mouth and nose can't kill me.

No you wouldn't clownshoes and you know it... Just like I KNOW yo u wouldn't back up your beloved Khan vs. Wolverine.... You're the ultimate clownshoes.

juggerman
Go Go Godzilla!

quanchi112
No you wouldn't clownshoes and you know it... Just like I KNOW yo u wouldn't back up your beloved Khan vs. Wolverine.... You're the ultimate clownshoes. I am about to do a Khan versus Vader next week. Hush your little mouth. You can't even properly start a new paragraph or even come up with an original insult on your own. You haven't done one. Sit on the sidelines like you always do.

Rage.Of.Olympus
It is also empowering him at the same time.

So?

He feeds on radiation, yes, but how does negate the durability feat of him actually tanking the nuclear explosion itself unharmed?

It's like saying a really powerful punch is required to ko me but putting your hands over my mouth and nose can't kill me.

Wtf?

Lord Lucien
Smaug literally couldn't scratch 14 midgets. When they were right in front of him, beneath him, and standing on his mouth, he couldn't harm them. Movie Smaug is functionally retarded.

Godzilla won't even notice him as he's killing him.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
So?

He feeds on radiation, yes, but how does negate the durability feat of him actually tanking the nuclear explosion itself unharmed?

Wtf? Which is far less in power than the Mutos or the building koing him. We also see him pass out due to exhaustion.

Smaug wins.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Which is far less in power than the Mutos or the building koing him. We also see him pass out due to exhaustion.

Smaug wins.

I'm glad that we settled the fact that Godzilla tanked the force of a Nuclear Explosion. The way you kept mentioning radiation, I started to think you had no idea how a Nuclear Explosion actually works.

So Godzilla was worn down by fighting two monsters and at one point was knocked down or whatever by a falling building.

How does that indicate Smaug wins when just one of those monsters are much larger than him?

DTM
All Smaug brings to the table are size, strength and fire breathing, all of them lesser than what even the smaller MOTU was capable of, and Godzilla had an extended battle with it and its larger mate. Smaug is so out-classed here he was realize he CANNOT win and not even try to fight Godzilla.

jinXed by JaNx
I would write off smaug but everything burns. Smaugs intelligence and agility defeats Godzilla any day of the week.

Epicurus
I'm glad that we settled the fact that Godzilla tanked the force of a Nuclear Explosion. The way you kept mentioning radiation, I started to think you had no idea how a Nuclear Explosion actually works.

So Godzilla was worn down by fighting two monsters and at one point was knocked down or whatever by a falling building.

How does that indicate Smaug wins when just one of those monsters are much larger than him?
The male MUTO was only mildly annoyed by artillery and missile fire. It also tanked a several thousand voltage-high electric shock. So the MUTOs weren't weaksauce either.

Which means that an argument can't be made that weak monsters brought Goji down. Heck, the male MUTO had enough strength to put a Russian nuclear sub on treetops. The female pretty much destroyed Las Vegas just by striding through it.

The monsters portrayed in Godzilla 2014 are definitely on a completely different level as compared to Smaug.

Epicurus
Originally posted by Lord Lucien
Smaug literally couldn't scratch 14 midgets. When they were right in front of him, beneath him, and standing on his mouth, he couldn't harm them. Movie Smaug is functionally retarded.

Godzilla won't even notice him as he's killing him.
Yeah, and some people have the gall to claim that Goji is the slow monster here. laughing out loud

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by Epicurus
Yeah, and some people have the gall to claim that Goji is the slow monster here. laughing out loud

You mean Godzilla right? wink

Godlizard lacks the most lethal attribute in this fight...,intelligence.

Epicurus
Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx

This post is the very embodiment of irony overload.laughing out loud

Epicurus
Also, just proved another point. Godzilla and the MUTO's feed off radiation. Godzilla's flame breath is atomic in nature, but they clearly weren't empowered by it.
thumb up That completely unravels the "But radiation makes him stronger!" theory.

quanchi112

How does that indicate Smaug wins when just one of those monsters are much larger than him? He was ko'd and later asked out after killing the second one due to exhaustion so this they can't hurt him business is nonsensical. The thing is big, slow and awkward moving. It can pass out due to sheer exhaustion like anything else and did so.

People acting like this thing is some unbeatable giant target is well dumb.

quanchi112
Originally posted by DTM
All Smaug brings to the table are size, strength and fire breathing, all of them lesser than what even the smaller MOTU was capable of, and Godzilla had an extended battle with it and its larger mate. Smaug is so out-classed here he was realize he CANNOT win and not even try to fight Godzilla. Intelligence and speed. Godzilla might just pass out trying to keep up with him.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Epicurus
thumb up That completely unravels the "But radiation makes him stronger!" theory. I just assumed that the atomic breath was too much for them. It was pretty much said that the mutos and other massive creatures like them moved deep into the earth to feed off radiation from the earths mantle. This just shows that they have a limit, and Godzilla was massively above that limit.

Anyway, I don't see Smaug hurting Godzilla here. He gets destroyed.

Rage.Of.Olympus
He was ko'd and later asked out after killing the second one due to exhaustion so this they can't hurt him business is nonsensical. The thing is big, slow and awkward moving. It can pass out due to sheer exhaustion like anything else and did so.

People acting like this thing is some unbeatable giant target is well dumb.

Again, how does Godzilla being worn down after fighting two MUTO's, both far more powerful than Smaug, support in anyway Godzilla losing in this thread?

Explain to me your logic. If you think Smaug wins because his voice gets you wet, that's fine, just don't pretend it's based on any sort of evidence.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Intelligence and speed. Godzilla might just pass out trying to keep up with him.

Godzilla collapsed after fighting the two MUTO's multiple times and chasing them across the globe.

How does this do anything but prove he has amazing stamina that could not possibly be worn down by a small and weak opponent like Smaug?

Rage.Of.Olympus
I would write off smaug but everything burns. Smaugs intelligence and agility defeats Godzilla any day of the week. Originally posted by jinXed by JaNx

What does this even mean?

How is Smaug's intelligence going to let him beat Godzilla in a fight?

Is Smaug going to build an anti-matter super weapon out of sticks and stones on the fly in this fight to beat Godzilla?

Is he going to built a trap?

I don't see how Smaug being able to talk in anyway gives him an advantage here.

This isn't a spelling bee, this is a fight, and frankly, in terms of combat, Godzilla demonstrated more intelligence.

The fact that this thread has gone on this long is insulting imo. Smaug has not shown anything to suggest he can even damage Godzilla. And I don't even know why people are harping on his speed as if he's Quicksilver or something. Did everyone forget about the hobbits?

ScreamPaste
How exactly is Godzilla slow? At his size the fact he moves approximately with the same proportional speed as a human means that he's actually moving incredibly fast.

Not to mention the massive size of his striking range and the area they cover. Godzilla's tailwhip? Think about it, how is Smaug, with no speed feats, avoiding a city block coming at him at upwards of 200 MPH? Easily more for the one Godzilla used to kill the male MUTO. haermm

DTM
I would write off smaug but everything burns. Smaugs intelligence and agility defeats Godzilla any day of the week.

Godzilla apparently survived a nuclear blast, and fire is going to hurt him......really?

DTM
Intelligence and speed. Godzilla might just pass out trying to keep up with him.

The fact that you think Godzilla will pass out trying to hit Smaug shows without a doubt why you are the Worst debater on this entire site.

Arachnid1
What does this even mean?

How is Smaug's intelligence going to let him beat Godzilla in a fight?

Is Smaug going to build an anti-matter super weapon out of sticks and stones on the fly in this fight to beat Godzilla?

Is he going to built a trap?

I don't see how Smaug being able to talk in anyway gives him an advantage here.

This isn't a spelling bee, this is a fight, and frankly, in terms of combat, Godzilla demonstrated more intelligence.

The fact that this thread has gone on this long is insulting imo. Smaug has not shown anything to suggest he can even damage Godzilla. And I don't even know why people are harping on his speed as if he's Quicksilver or something. Did everyone forget about the hobbits? He's not smart enough to make any kind of difference here. He was still outsmarted relatively easily by a few midevil dwarves.

Some of you are acting like Smaug is some kind of Harvard grad or something. lol

steverules_2
Originally posted by Arachnid1
He's not smart enough to make any kind of difference here. He was still outsmarted relatively easily by a few midevil dwarves.

Some of you are acting like Smaug is some kind of Harvard grad or something. lol

How do you know he didn't shifty

But Godzilla wins, he managed to WTF b*tch tail slap that MUTO outta the sky and impale it on a building. I could picture Godzilla accidentally stepping on Smaug and squashing him thus winning wink

NemeBro

Is Smaug going to build an anti-matter super weapon out of sticks and stones on the fly in this fight to beat Godzilla? Yes. thumb up

Stoic
I read some pretty funny comments here lol Loved the movie, and it left me on a cliffhanger the likes that would hike Mother Theresa's panties up her butt, but there is a huge size difference between Smaug and Godzilla. I have my doubts on Smaug taking out a cat 3 Kaiju, and people are arguing if he'd have the goods to beat the King of Monsters? Then comes the smarts argument, this is what really made me chuckle. So are we arguing that Bill Gates would beat Fedor Emelianenko at his best because he's smarter? Smaug is too small, and he simply doesn't have the tools to win this.

Squirtle
Lol even showa's Godzilla would **** him up.

quanchi112
Originally posted by DTM
The fact that you think Godzilla will pass out trying to hit Smaug shows without a doubt why you are the Worst debater on this entire site. Smaug is far faster and can fly. Can Godzilla fly ? Has Godzilla passed out due to exhaustion ?

Calm down.

quanchi112
Again, how does Godzilla being worn down after fighting two MUTO's, both far more powerful than Smaug, support in anyway Godzilla losing in this thread?

Explain to me your logic. If you think Smaug wins because his voice gets you wet, that's fine, just don't pretend it's based on any sort of evidence. I disagree that they are more powerful than Smaug.

Smaug is faster, can damage Godzilla, can tire Godzilla, can fly, and is intelligent unlike Zilla.

smile

quanchi112
Godzilla collapsed after fighting the two MUTO's multiple times and chasing them across the globe.

How does this do anything but prove he has amazing stamina that could not possibly be worn down by a small and weak opponent like Smaug? He wasn't constantly fighting he had time to rest and pursue.

Smaug can fly and is far more evasive and deadly than the flying muto.

Stoic
Smaug didn't seem like the type to evade anything, but more of a bullrush kind of monster. I also noticed that he couldn't have been that fast or bright, because he sat there as the golden statue covered him in molten gold. Maybe he was cocky, or maybe he was dumb, but a smart move would have been to evade the substance. I mean what if poison or some other agent was mixed in with the gold, that could have placed him in a bad position?

It also took him quite a while to burst through that steel gate. Godzilla would have smashed through it with one hit, which pretty much shows the difference in power. Who cares if Smaug can fly, how does that automatically equate to Godzilla not being able to hit him with his breath weapon? Let's not make it seem like Smaug was flying at the speed of light. Godzilla's land speed is far greater than Smaugs as well, so he had better not be grounded or it's ouchy time. Godzilla wins.

quanchi112
Smaug didn't face anyone near his size. He was tricked and still tanked the gold like it was nothing. Godzilla isn't intelligent and will be a gigantic target for Smaug. Too fast, too lethal, too smart, for Zilla.

Stoic
What makes you believe that Smaug was smarter than Godzilla? What gives you the idea that he was tireless? What makes you think that he could hurt Godzilla when he was having a hard time breaking down that steel gate? Godzilla towers over him to the point that Smaug would see him and run. If that is what you call smarter, I grant you that one point, which is his brain telling him that he can not win.

Rage.Of.Olympus
I disagree that they are more powerful than Smaug.

Smaug is faster, can damage Godzilla, can tire Godzilla, can fly, and is intelligent unlike Zilla.

smile

What feats does Smaug have that compare to the damage the MUTO's were capable of unleashing?

Based on what, can he damage Godzilla or tire him out?

He might be more maneuverable due to his size but it won't change anything. Nor will his intelligence.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Smaug didn't face anyone near his size. He was tricked and still tanked the gold like it was nothing. Godzilla isn't intelligent and will be a gigantic target for Smaug. Too fast, too lethal, too smart, for Zilla.

Let me refresh your memory:
t1xG8haCtvg

Godzilla's atomic breath vs. Smaug? Lol.

Rage.Of.Olympus
He wasn't constantly fighting he had time to rest and pursue.

Smaug can fly and is far more evasive and deadly than the flying muto.

Throughout the movie, he was either fighting or pursuing. He didn't have time to take a nap or something of the sort unless I'm forgetting something?

Why is he far more evasive or deadly?

quanchi112
Throughout the movie, he was either fighting or pursuing. He didn't have time to take a nap or something of the sort unless I'm forgetting something?

Why is he far more evasive or deadly? We see him relaxing in the water. We don't see him fighting nonstop. If I stop fighting and walk aren't I recovering ?

Watch the movies and can see the obvious speed difference.

quanchi112
Let me refresh your memory:
t1xG8haCtvg

Godzilla's atomic breath vs. Smaug? Lol. Godzillas breath only hurt the mutos significantly when aimed down the ones throat. Smaug's fire is faster as well. Godzillas breath didn't seem all that destructive. Can't see your video on my iPad either if you posted one.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Stoic
What makes you believe that Smaug was smarter than Godzilla? What gives you the idea that he was tireless? What makes you think that he could hurt Godzilla when he was having a hard time breaking down that steel gate? Godzilla towers over him to the point that Smaug would see him and run. If that is what you call smarter, I grant you that one point, which is his brain telling him that he can not win. We see intelligence in Smaug and see he can think and reason. We don't see the same with Godzilla. It's like you saying why isn't that tiger as smart as that person ?

laughing out loud

When did Smaug have a hard time ?

Godzilla showed he can tire and pass out due to exhaustion so we know it can happen since it has happened. Evidence supports that unlike Smaug who has flight.

smile

quanchi112
What feats does Smaug have that compare to the damage the MUTO's were capable of unleashing?

Based on what, can he damage Godzilla or tire him out?

He might be more maneuverable due to his size but it won't change anything. Nor will his intelligence. Fire.

The Godzilla film. We see him get hurt throughout the film. I have no idea why you think he is immune when we see him hurt the entire time. You need evidence to suggest his skin is imperious and you don't have any.

So intelligence, size, and flight won't matter because you say so. Dear lord.

focus4chumps
This topic is over. it's been pointed out rightly over and over again that Godzilla is immune to the heat from a nuclear blast so smaug has no way to hurt him you stupid clown go die.

Estacado
Godzilla ftw.
Unless you are retarded.

Stoic
Originally posted by focus4chumps
This topic is over. it's been pointed out rightly over and over again that Godzilla is immune to the heat from a nuclear blast so smaug has no way to hurt him you stupid clown go die.

I wouldn't go as far as calling him stupid, or telling him to die, but he is wrong. Godzilla would crush Smaug like an insect. The size difference is too large, and like you said, Godzilla would be impervious to any of Smaug's attacks.

We see intelligence in Smaug and see he can think and reason. We don't see the same with Godzilla. It's like you saying why isn't that tiger as smart as that person ?

laughing out loud

When did Smaug have a hard time ?

Godzilla showed he can tire and pass out due to exhaustion so we know it can happen since it has happened. Evidence supports that unlike Smaug who has flight.

smile

Why would Godzilla ever tire against Smaug? He could just sit there and wait until Smaug BFR's himself due to having no effect against the superior creature. Or he would swat him out of the sky, because it's possible. Smaug isn't Spider Man, or the FLash. He can be hit, and would be hit. Godzilla only needs to hit him once, and it's game over.

quanchi112
This topic is over. it's been pointed out rightly over and over again that Godzilla is immune to the heat from a nuclear blast so smaug has no way to hurt him you stupid clown go die. So fire can't burn his eyes now ? Since he tanks a few blasts and shows high resistance you claim total immunity now.

Godzilla passes out. Fun Film fact.

quanchi112
I wouldn't go as far as calling him stupid, or telling him to die, but he is wrong. Godzilla would crush Smaug like an insect. The size difference is too large, and like you said, Godzilla would be impervious to any of Smaug's attacks.

Why would Godzilla ever tire against Smaug? He could just sit there and wait until Smaug BFR's himself due to having no effect against the superior creature. Or he would swat him out of the sky, because it's possible. Smaug isn't Spider Man, or the FLash. He can be hit, and would be hit. Godzilla only needs to hit him once, and it's game over. Since when is Godzilla immune to damage or does he sit there silently tanking attacks on purpose ? Godzilla isn't fast enough to do so. Smaug is too fast for Godzilla who was especially slow in the new film.

KingD19
So fire can't burn his eyes now ? Since he tanks a few blasts and shows high resistance you claim total immunity now.

Smaug couldn't lay a claw on a handful o dwarves and a hobbit. He couldn't break an iron gate. He screamed in pain when gold was poured on him. And a metal arrow is gonna kill him.

Fun film facts.

Bentley
Atomic bomb >>>>>>> Smaug's fire

quanchi112
Smaug couldn't lay a claw on a handful o dwarves and a hobbit. He couldn't break an iron gate. He screamed in pain when gold was poured on him. And a metal arrow is gonna kill him.

Fun film facts. Due to plot reasons. He already sieged the stronghold earlier. Yes, things hurt him. Godzilla winced in pain when the military was hitting him during the film.

Fun film facts. Godzilla passes out, again.

laughing out loud

focus4chumps

he was repeatedly impaled by monsters equal to his mass, and you know that you ridiculous cocksmoker.

ShadowFyre
You are being so pathetic right now Quan. You literally ignore everything. Humans wince in pain when stung by a bee. What is your point? And for the eye comment. Are you saying you believe Godzilla detached his eyes from his head and threw them away before the atomic blast hit him? To pick them up at a later date? Because in a nuclear blast his eyeballs would have been under the same amount of heat and pressure as the rest of his body. An amount of heat and pressure that Smaug, Voldemort and Khan couldn't dish out if they all acted together at the same time. Even Godzilla 2014( one of the weakest incarnations ever, but physically largest) would stomp the shit out of everything you like. Just because you don't like a movie doesn't give you the right downplay every single thing they do and ignore all facts.

quanchi112
he was repeatedly impaled by monsters equal to his mass, and you know that you ridiculous cocksmoker. Dude had time inbetween fights. Zilla passed out after killing the second one. What a weak monster to just pass out.

laughing out loud

quanchi112
Originally posted by ShadowFyre
You are being so pathetic right now Quan. You literally ignore everything. Humans wince in pain when stung by a bee. What is your point? And for the eye comment. Are you saying you believe Godzilla detached his eyes from his head and threw them away before the atomic blast hit him? To pick them up at a later date? Because in a nuclear blast his eyeballs would have been under the same amount of heat and pressure as the rest of his body. An amount of heat and pressure that Smaug, Voldemort and Khan couldn't dish out if they all acted together at the same time. Even Godzilla 2014( one of the weakest incarnations ever, but physically largest) would stomp the shit out of everything you like. Just because you don't like a movie doesn't give you the right downplay every single thing they do and ignore all facts. That is causes them pain. We don't know what part of the blast hit him. If you know anything about anatomy you'd know eyes are really easy to blind.

Quit bringing up other characters because you're upset Smaug wins. Smaug is faster, smarter, and powerful enough to defeat someone who has a habit of passing out when buildings fall or when he even wins sometimes.

laughing out loud

Sensui
Godzilla wins this fight Quan,

HOWEVER,

the disrespect to the greatest dragon of the Third Age in this thread is ridiculous.

Smaug being small compared to Godzilla?

SMAUG is TWICE the Size of JUMBO JETS!

Get your Eyes checked people go to 1:16 seconds!

Source: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0x_1yoUkV4

His breath being weak?

Smaug breath is comparable to a 10 KILOTON explosion.

Source: http://www.artofvfx.com/?p=5789

The amount of Energy needed to power the forges of Erebor has been calculated and beyond the energy produced by modern day nuclear powered Aircraft Carriers!

In fact the author compares the energy needed to be similar to the SHIELD HELLICARRIER.

And Smaug powered the forges with a single blast!

Source: http://www.wired.com/2013/12/melting-gold-in-the-hobbit/?cid=co16309964

Smaug isn't strong enough?

The dragon made an earthquake that shook the lonely mountain and lake town just pushing over a single damn column.

Now Godzilla wins no question about it, he tanks kiloton nukes, and beat up two muto monsters that wrecked cities, lifted nuclear submarines, and made a 6.3 earthquake in Japan themselves.

But Smaug is kaiju level. This he's small, like he's dragon heart size, and he can't muster up any power to affect modern day military forces is completely unfounded when Smaug is smashing right through mountain rock like its made of tissue paper, causing earthquakes, and blasting through sold rock like in the opening prologue scene.

Only on this forum would someone watch Smaug tearing through a Dwarven ancient kingdom and think the metal gates were weak and comparable to human made steel as if the Dwarves craftsman ship were only limited to that level. Mithril Vests anyone?

Godzilla wins but the lowballing of Smaug on this board ceases now!

quanchi112
With all due respect Godzilla loses.

Stoic
Originally posted by Sensui
Godzilla wins this fight Quan,

HOWEVER,

the disrespect to the greatest dragon of the Third Age in this thread is ridiculous.

Smaug being small compared to Godzilla?

SMAUG is TWICE the Size of JUMBO JETS!

Get your Eyes checked people go to 1:16 seconds!

Source: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x0x_1yoUkV4

His breath being weak?

Smaug breath is comparable to a 10 KILOTON explosion.

Source: http://www.artofvfx.com/?p=5789

The amount of Energy needed to power the forges of Erebor has been calculated and beyond the energy produced by modern day nuclear powered Aircraft Carriers!

In fact the author compares the energy needed to be similar to the SHIELD HELLICARRIER.

And Smaug powered the forges with a single blast!

Source: http://www.wired.com/2013/12/melting-gold-in-the-hobbit/?cid=co16309964

Smaug isn't strong enough?

The dragon made an earthquake that shook the lonely mountain and lake town just pushing over a single damn column.

Now Godzilla wins no question about it, he tanks kiloton nukes, and beat up two muto monsters that wrecked cities, lifted nuclear submarines, and made a 6.3 earthquake in Japan themselves.

But Smaug is kaiju level. This he's small, like he's dragon heart size, and he can't muster up any power to affect modern day military forces is completely unfounded when Smaug is smashing right through mountain rock like its made of tissue paper, causing earthquakes, and blasting through sold rock like in the opening prologue scene.

Only on this forum would someone watch Smaug tearing through a Dwarven ancient kingdom and think the metal gates were weak and comparable to human made steel as if the Dwarves craftsman ship were only limited to that level. Mithril Vests anyone?

Godzilla wins but the lowballing of Smaug on this board ceases now!

And at the same time perhaps you didn't bother to take into consideration, at how easily Godzilla would tear through those same metal gates.

Now in comparison to Godzilla in terms of size, Smaug seems smaller to me http://www.godzilla-movies.com/community/forums/topic/29358 What do you think? Coming in and twisting words, or failing to ask questions and thoroughly putting on as if in disgust is poor form. I'm the one who said that Smaug was small. Not compared to a Human, Dwarf, Hobbit, or Orc, but to Godzilla in case you missed that part. Godzilla stands upright, while Smaug does not due to his physiology. At 779 feet tall, I don't see why Godzilla would have a hard time being seen as towering over Smaug who typically moves around on all fours. Do you? OK, glad we're starting to see the same picture. Low balling? Nope just telling it like it is. Smaug was a powerful creature, but do you really think that he's going to roast Godzilla with his breath weapon?

As for the Kaiju comment, you seem to have thoroughly read my posts, and so I will answer in kind. He's a Cat 3 in size. Weak? Nope, but neither were the Kaiju. However, Smaug compared to Godzilla, would be like comparing a strong Ox, to a strong bull Elephant. You said quite a few correct things by bringing many unknowns to light, and you were 100% correct when you said that, Godzilla wins.

Oh, and if you don't like this forum... Well, you know.

Sensui
And at the same time perhaps you didn't bother to take into consideration, at how easily Godzilla would tear through those same metal gates.

It's not that Godzilla couldn't tear them down it's the assumption they were weak sauce, made of simple steel, and it was somehow a low showing for Smaug.

These metal gates that no one, including myself, knows how durable they were made by the dwarves, capable of superior craftsmanship to human beings, but people are assuming their weak?

The only thing we know is that Smaug who has no difficulty slamming straight through the front gate and other walls of mountain rock has trouble trying to break it down. Watching the scene I make the assumption, those metal gates were more durable than anything else Smaug smashed through and not a low showing.

Now in comparison to Godzilla in terms of size, Smaug seems smaller to me http://www.godzilla-movies.com/community/forums/topic/29358 What do you think? Coming in and twisting words, or failing to ask questions and thoroughly putting on as if in disgust is poor form. I'm the one who said that Smaug was small. Not compared to a Human, Dwarf, Hobbit, or Orc, but to Godzilla in case you missed that part. Godzilla stands upright, while Smaug does not due to his physiology. At 779 feet tall, I don't see why Godzilla would have a hard time being seen as towering over Smaug who typically moves around on all fours. Do you? OK, glad we're starting to see the same picture. Low balling? Nope just telling it like it is. Smaug was a powerful creature, but do you really think that he's going to roast Godzilla with his breath weapon?

I don't think Smaug can take Godzilla down even with his 10 Kiloton blasts of flame or fire energy that according to the wire article I posted is comparable to the output of 38 nuclear powered Aircraft Carriers. Why? Because Godzilla tanked kiloton nuclear bombs back in 1954 as shown in the movie.

Now let's address my problems.

You're not the only one that said he was small. In this very thread you've got posters, page 4 for example, speculating and agreeing that Godzilla is more than 10x larger than Smaug. It's right there at the top of the page and its ridiculous. And that's just one page in this seven page topic which should have never gotten past the first page where most people, minus Quanchi, agreed that Godzilla wins. Then the lowballing started in quick succession.

Also the guy who runs that website made a FOLLOW UP POSTING where he admits he made a mistake in scaling Godzilla's measurements.

Source: http://www.godzilla-movies.com/community/forums/topic/29595

He recalculates the American Godzilla size to be 456ft tall not 700 plus.

456ft tall is not dwarfing Smaug to the level many on here assumed and tried to pass off.

A single 747 has a wingspan of over 195ft and length of 231ft.

Source: http://www.boeing.com/boeing/commercial/747family/pf/pf_classics.page

Smaug is over TWICE the size of a 747 Jumbo Jet, so while Godzilla is larger, its not to the degree you might have assumed, even with Smaug crawling on the ground, ignoring the possibility he would most likely be flying around Godzilla like the smaller Muto who is probably, I'm making an assumption, comparable in size to Smaug.

As for the Kaiju comment, you seem to have thoroughly read my posts, and so I will answer in kind. He's a Cat 3 in size. Weak? Nope, but neither were the Kaiju. However, Smaug compared to Godzilla, would be like comparing a strong Ox, to a strong bull Elephant. You said quite a few correct things by bringing many unknowns to light, and you were 100% correct when you said that, Godzilla wins.

Oh, and if you don't like this forum... Well, you know.

I just expressed what I felt and meant no personal disrespect to every poster that engages in debate and discourse on this site. I don't have a problem with your comparison or analogy. If it's not too much trouble could you link me to this Kaiju classification system you're using?

Stoic
Originally posted by Sensui
I just expressed what I felt and meant no personal disrespect to every poster that engages in debate and discourse on this site. I don't have a problem with your comparison or analogy. If it's not too much trouble could you link me to this Kaiju classification system you're using?

The Cat 3 Kaiju may be even larger than Smaug. These were some huge monsters.

http://pacificrim.wikia.com/wiki/Knifehead

Also being larger means that Godzilla would be able to throw around more weight than Smaug, and considering the destruction that he caused in the movie, I don't see why he would tear through that gate faster. i'm not saying that the gate was weak, but when you're talking about Godzilla....

Sensui
The Cat 3 Kaiju may be even larger than Smaug. These were some huge monsters.

http://pacificrim.wikia.com/wiki/Knifehead

Also being larger means that Godzilla would be able to throw around more weight than Smaug, and considering the destruction that he caused in the movie, I don't see why he would tear through that gate faster. i'm not saying that the gate was weak, but when you're talking about Godzilla....

You won't get an argument from me on Godzilla tearing through the gate faster, I was just concerned that it was being seen as a weak showing for Smaug rather than a good showing for Dwarven forged metal and craftsmanship.

According to the bio Knifehead is listed at 315ft tall. It's hard to get an accurate scale for Smaug outside the picture comparing him to Two Jumbo Jets. Found a good still of that picture on this page.

Source: http://www.cglovers.com/2014/03/the-hobbit-desolation-of-smaug-bringing.html

Taking the measurements of the 747 I posted earlier would give Smaug a wingspan, and this is approximation since each of his arms dwarf those planes, of over 390ft. He looks like he's twice as long as the planes too making him around 460ft long though most of that is tail. His main body, neck, and head, is comparable to the length of one of the planes, even with his neck bending down. So he's at least 230-250ft tall area standing on his hind legs and not all fours.

I'd agree with your assessment of him being around a category 3 in terms of size. The energy projection part of it is a whole another debate though I imagine cool

Omega Vision
Originally posted by Estacado
Godzilla ftw.
Unless you are retarded.

Worth repeating for certain parties.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Godzilla one shots Mags with ease... Just like Anakin stomps Khan with ease

quanchi112
Godzilla one shots Mags with ease... Just like Anakin stomps Khan with ease This is Smaug.

laughing out loud

Accept the battlezone and let's find out.

Epicurus
*bump*

Gojira still wins.

quanchi112
Smaug already won.

Zack Fair
lol.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.