Savage Opress vs Luminara Unduli

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Emperordmb
Savage, Luminara, fight...

PTforthewin
ROTS Luminara would win.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by PTforthewin
ROTS Luminara would win.
What has she done since her fight with Ventress that suggests significant improvement?

Lord Stark
Originally posted by Emperordmb
What has she done since her fight with Ventress that suggests significant improvement?

Aside from failing to capture Ventress with Aayla as back up, nothing.

PTforthewin
It was like 3 years since her dual, she had to improve.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by PTforthewin
It was like 3 years since her dual, she had to improve.
By that token, Koon improved since his vastly superior performance against Ventress before his fight with Opress.

Not quite seeing how this argument can be logically made in a way that places Luminara higher than Opress.

Fated Xtasy
I'd go with Savage, he was able to fight on par with Anakin and Obi-wan which impresses me more than Luminara dueling Ventress half blinded/injured, he also dueled Sidious(with maul's help, granted Sidious may not have been trying THAT much but still worth noting) for a while which is more impressive than whatever Luminara has done.

Emperordmb
Ok then... I reread Savage and Plo Koon's fight. Savage was capably holding his ground against Plo Koon who had the aid of numerous clone troopers, and when Koon turned away Savage had the speed and cunning to tear his mask off before he could react, and the fact that Koon's ally was in danger suggests Plo was not dominating Savage while they fought. At the very least this implies them to be around the same level.

Now let's look at Luminara. Luminara lost in a minute to Asajj Ventress when she had a disadvantage. Plo Koon on the other hand was driving Ventress back with a far greater disadvantage. Plo Koon is clearly Luminara's superior by a considerable margin, while Savage was holding his ground against Plo Koon with back up. This is more impressive than anything Luminara is capable of.

This is why I believe Savage to be Luminara's firm superior.

If someone is seriously going to make the argument that Luminara is superior because she improved in the couple of years since then, then that is a terribly flimsy argument.

First of all, there are no showings from Luminara after this point that suggest any significant improvement, so the idea that she crossed the large gap between her performance against Ventress to Koon's far superior performance against Ventress is laughable at best.

If I were to actually go on the tangent that that she actually did improve by a lot, since there's no indicator of her improvement, the argument could be made that Plo Koon improved the same amount since his fight with Ventress, making the Koon/Savage tier just as far beyond Luminara's reach as it was before.

|King Joker|
I feel like Luminara would do much better against Savage (in sabers, at least) than she did with Ventress. Savage and Ventress fight a lot different, and Luminara's physicality and fighting style would be a perfect match against Savage.

Luminara's strength feats suggest she could handle his strength, unlike someone like Gallia. (Impaling an undead Geonosian through the abdomen with her fists while handcuffed, chucking a Wampa through the air and shattering stone). She's been noted to be an extremely agile, flexible fighter that could perform lightsaber moves that the majority of sentient species' could not even attempt. Her Soresu would be quite well fitted dealing with a fighter such as Savage, who uses wide, sweeping strength-based attacks to overwhelm his opponents.

I'm not suggesting she could actually beat him in sabers, rather she'd just do better than her duel with Asajj Ventress, IMO.

Trocity
DMB already had the winner picked when he made this fight, and within minutes of getting a reply, was stating why he thought Savage was Luminara's firm superior.

You're right, Savage wins, but why make a thread when you already have the winner clearly picked out?

|King Joker|
People usually already have a winner in mind when they make a thread, it just depends if you actively defend a certain character once the thread is made. A lot of people do that.

Also, could someone provide scans of Plo and Ventress' full encounter? I see some people say Ventress was winning, and then some saying Plo was driving her back. What the **** actually happened?

Trocity
Yeah for sure, if you think it's a good fight but you're leaning one way when you make it. I just dislike people making threads and then saying "this guy solidly wins" it's like well then why did you make it lmao.

|King Joker|
To discuss differing opinions.

ILS
I foresee Luminara eating a piece of that tasty Nightbrother dick

NewGuy01
Originally posted by |King Joker|
People usually already have a winner in mind when they make a thread, it just depends if you actively defend a certain character once the thread is made. A lot of people do that.

Also, could someone provide scans of Plo and Ventress' full encounter? I see some people say Ventress was winning, and then some saying Plo was driving her back. What the **** actually happened?

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/gen-discussion-1/plo-koon-respect-thread-1652391/

It was even.

Lord Stark
Originally posted by ILS
I foresee Luminara eating a piece of that tasty Nightbrother dick

http://www.myfacewhen.net/uploads/5311-bill-cosby-disgusted.png

I don't know if that means she wins or loses.

|King Joker|
Sucking Savage's dick is an auto-win.

Lord Stark
^But if she is eating a piece of his dick then surely he must be dead.

|King Joker|
Hmmm... true.

ILS
That's what I meant.

Luminara beats Savage off then kills him and then eats his dick with a fork

carthage
****ing sexist

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.