Darth Raptus Vs Darth Zannah

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sinious
After all that Zannah talk, I realized it would be pretty cool to have her fight other sith with similar feats.

Would Darth Raptus be able to take her? If not, would another Dread Master by his side be enough?

Force
Sabers
All out

PTforthewin
Zannah

NewGuy01
Raptus grows to sizes of enormous proportion and then steps on her.

carthage
Feats for Raptus?

Sinious
Originally posted by carthage
Feats for Raptus?

Thats a bit problematic as it is hard to separate him from the other Dread Masters. They were inseparable. they were acting as one and almost lost their individualities. As a whole Dread Masters' sorcery was unmatched and Raptus was their mightiest.

Direct combat skills are only shown in Dread Palace op in TOR where he does lots of crazy things lol.

This video could give you an idea if you haven't played SWTOR:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbG8ZskUHEI

Raptus and his companions' achievements are much more impressive than Zannah's career as a sith but I don't know how powerful he actually was in combat. He/they can create/destroy armies through mind control with the force and control/terrorize masses with full domination through sorcery.

(Assumption)
His main ability seems to be various forms of lightning and he uses purple lightsaber. He is the Sith sorcerer type and doesn't use the lightsaber much and his main strength comes from his force powers. The dude seems to be less powerful version of Vitiate tbh. So I think that he would have to make this a battle of force powers as much as he could to win this. I would say that his terrorizing feats seem to be more devastative compared to Zannah's illusions or at least I can say that it is more likely that Raptus is immune to such effects where Zannah would be defenseless against the mind domination of Raptus.

Due to lack of information about Raptus I cannot state a clear opinion but I would go with Raptus because of the achievements of Dread Masters who gained everything they had only through the force.

carthage
Zannah wins then

Sinious
How did you jump to that conclusion? big grin

Emperordmb
I'm going with Zannah here. Her resiliency of mind prevented Darth Bane, a guy with some of the best mental feats in the mythos, from bodysnatching her, so I don't think she'd fall to Raptus's illusions.

Another thing to keep in mind is that Raptus had a set up with crystals and stuff for that fight to take advantage of the dark energies of the planet, likely improving his combative capabilities.

If this is a straight up, no prep fight, then Zannah may take this one, ironically due to greater melee viability.

Sinious
I could agree with that. Raptus seems to be not so good with the saber.
It could never come to that though. Their force powers and sorcery could go on until one of them breaks. Zannah is very powerful but crushing entire armies with a blow seems to be more impressive than anything Zannah has encountered. Also, he has lived for centuries studying the force. He must have gained some serious knowledge about dark sorcery. I think even Vitiate would have trouble with him.

If Raptus can avoid a saber fight, I think he has a chance.

So if you think Zannah takes this, do you think another dread master would turn the tides for Raptus or do you think Zannah is just that superior to Raptus?

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Sinious
I could agree with that. Raptus seems to be not so good with the saber.
Yep

It could never come to that though. Their force powers and sorcery could go on until one of them breaks. Zannah is very powerful but crushing entire armies with a blow seems to be more impressive than anything Zannah has encountered.
First of all, I'm pretty sure crushing armies is a joint feat when all the dread masters use their powers in conjunction. This power also appears to be more AOE based than potency based.

Also, he has lived for centuries studying the force. He must have gained some serious knowledge about dark sorcery. I think even Vitiate would have trouble with him.
True, but alot of what he knows appears to either be prep based, conjunction with the other dread masters based, AOE based, or any combination of those.

If Raptus can avoid a saber fight, I think he has a chance.
But would he avoid one? In the video he is more than eager to meet some of them in close combat.

So if you think Zannah takes this, do you think another dread master would turn the tides for Raptus or do you think Zannah is just that superior to Raptus?
Before I answer this question, is there a precedent for somebody beating multiple dread masters at once? and if so elaborate please.

Sinious
Originally posted by Emperordmb
First of all, I'm pretty sure crushing armies is a joint feat when all the dread masters use their powers in conjunction. This power also appears to be more AOE based than potency based.

This is the only reason I don't say Raptus destroys. So I agree but the feat is too great to completely ignore in a 1on1 combat.

True, but alot of what he knows appears to either be prep based, conjunction with the other dread masters based, AOE based, or any combination of those.

Don't be so sure of that. It is true they use boosting elements a lot but we don't know how much of his power comes from that. After all, he always had the perfect companions with him. Its not his fault. Who wouldn't use them? That doesn't mean he needs them all the time though.

But would he avoid one? In the video he is more than eager to meet some of them in close combat.

If so, then maybe we were wrong about his saber skills. Perhaps he is very good with the lightsaber as well.

Before I answer this question, is there a precedent for somebody beating multiple dread masters at once? and if so elaborate please.

No, but I have no doubt it is possible. Why would they obey Vitiate if they were that strong? I mean if its impossible to kill 2 of them, I can't imagine what they would be able to do with all 6 of them. Some of the sith/jedi that Im pretty sure would solo 2 or perhaps even 3 dreads are Vitiate, Palpatine, Yoda, Luke...

Emperordmb
This is the only reason I don't say Raptus destroys. So I agree but the feat is too great to completely ignore in a 1on1 combat.
I'm not completely ignoring it, I'm just saying it's not viable enough to take out someone who resisted Bane's attempt at stealing her body.

Don't be so sure of that. It is true they use boosting elements a lot but we don't know how much of his power comes from that. After all, he always had the perfect companions with him. Its not his fault. Who wouldn't use them? That doesn't mean he needs them all the time though.
It makes it harder to get a feel for what his actual base power is though.

If so, then maybe we were wrong about his saber skills. Perhaps he is very good with the lightsaber as well.
Nothing suggests he'd break Zannah's defenses or not leave any openings for her to exploit however. Zannah has also shown much more impressive combat speed.

No, but I have no doubt it is possible. Why would they obey Vitiate if they were that strong? I mean if its impossible to kill 2 of them, I can't imagine what they would be able to do with all 6 of them. Some of the sith/jedi that Im pretty sure would solo 2 or perhaps even 3 dreads are Vitiate, Palpatine, Yoda, Luke...
I thought they betrayed Vitiate?

Sinious
That is impressive and makes it less likely for Raptus to break her I'll admit.

Compared to what? Dread Palace op? We don't know the details of that fight. or any other fight with Raptus in it. We don't have enough info to compare their saber skills but I won't argue if you say Zannah has the upper hand as it is more likely.

Only after he stopped contacting them or the rest of the empire for that matter. After a long time of complete silence, they assumed he was either dead or left the empire so they thought its not worth serving an Empire with no Emperor.

Emperordmb
That is impressive and makes it less likely for Raptus to break her I'll admit.
That and the fact that whatever protags fought Raptus apparently weren't broken, and Zannah has better mental fortitude feats than all of them, perhaps with the exception of the Hero of Tython.

Compared to what? Dread Palace op? We don't know the details of that fight. or any other fight with Raptus in it. We don't have enough info to compare their saber skills but I won't argue if you say Zannah has the upper hand as it is more likely.
When somebody has actual highly impressive feats, such as holding out against Bane, or seeing over a dozen ways to take out a very skilled duelist when not even trying, these feats would put them above somebody who doesn't really have any showings or indication that their capabilities are on a similar tier.

Only after he stopped contacting them or the rest of the empire for that matter. After a long time of complete silence, they assumed he was either dead or left the empire so they thought its not worth serving an Empire with no Emperor.
Ah

Stealth Moose
Originally posted by carthage
Feats for Raptus?

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2012/055/c/4/darth_raptor_by_toxickittycat-d4qst47.png

DarthAnt66
The Dread Master's impressed me more then anyone else in the game, including Vitiate. Raptus wins.

Sinious
That and the fact that whatever protags fought Raptus apparently weren't broken, and Zannah has better mental fortitude feats than all of them, perhaps with the exception of the Hero of Tython.

Yeah but SWTOR ops have destroyed so many great characters this way. It seems there is no need for war in SW. Just send a strike team to your deadliest enemies and they will all die.

When somebody has actual highly impressive feats, such as holding out against Bane, or seeing over a dozen ways to take out a very skilled duelist when not even trying, these feats would put them above somebody who doesn't really have any showings or indication that their capabilities are on a similar tier.

Well Raptus himself may not have any confirmed feats but Dread Masters' feats are much more impressive than Zannah's and Raptus is their leader and strongest. We can't be sure what he is capable of just by himself so I understand what you are saying though.

Originally posted by DarthAnt66
The Dread Master's impressed me more then anyone else in the game, including Vitiate. Raptus wins.

The fact that they obeyed Vitiate is probably one of Vitiate's best feats. In any other era, Raptus would go for the Dark Lord title for sure.

Raptus is the main antagonist of the entire SWTOR franchise which is pretty impressive.

DarthAnt66
*Vitiate

Sinious
*Vitiate

Not really. Vitiate is the antagonist of JK class story that ends at lvl 50 where Dread Palace is the ultimate quest of SWTOR and Raptus is the final and the hardest boss of the game.

Nephthys
The fact that they obeyed Vitiate is probably one of Vitiate's best feats. In any other era, Raptus would go for the Dark Lord title for sure.

Vitiate is the main antagonist of the entire SWTOR franchise which is pretty impressive.

thumb up

DarthAnt66
I died a little inside. laughing out loud
Hell, even the First Son is a larger antagonist then Raptus.

NewGuy01
The First Son was a ****ing Titan, though.

Nephthys
Darth Jadus was like, ****ing nigh impossible til they nerfed him too. Plus he was badass.

Sinious
Im not saying he is the most badass force user of TOR era. Im just saying that while they put Vitiate in a class quest only, they made Raptus the final boss of the hardest operation which means he is the final boss of every class in the game.

I myself don't care much about game mechanics as I often complain about how it ruined so many great characters but still its an impressive thing to be put as the final boss in an era with such heavy competition.

Nephthys
Raptus still took it up the ass from Vitiate though.

Sinious
Yes but this is still an impressive feat against Zannah. There is no way Zannah would have been the final boss of SWTOR.

I want to clarify this. Im not saying Raptus is stronger than Vitiate, Jadus or even Malgus. Im just saying they made him a big deal in the game and since we don't have much info about him, it was worth mentioning the fact that he is the final boss.

Emperordmb
Yes but this is still an impressive feat against Zannah. There is no way Zannah would have been the final boss of SWTOR.
I'm sorry this made me laugh so hard.

Sinious
I'm sorry this made me laugh so hard.

Glad to know. Why though? Raptus only earned the honor cause of what he achieved with the other Dread Masters. By himself, he would have never been the final boss as well.

Emperordmb
Glad to know. Why though? Raptus only earned the honor cause of what he achieved with the other Dread Masters. By himself, he would have never been the final boss as well.
Zannah isn't in SWTOR, neither is she big about making appearences since the Banite Sith operate in secret.

Nephthys
Yeah but in terms of power she probably could be.

Sinious
lol I know that. There is 2500 years difference. I mean if she was born at that era, she would become a Dark Council member or something.

DarthAnt66
I'm still laughing several hours later.

PTforthewin
lol I know that. There is 2500 years difference. I mean if she was born at that era, she would become a Dark Council member or something. Trollololololol

Sinious
I'm still laughing several hours later.

I hate english.

DarthAnt66
Y

Sinious
I found some cool Raptus quotes:

Dread Master Raptus: Spin ever downward. Fall. Disappear.
Dread Master Raptus: Do not seek reason; you cannot comprehend.
Dread Master Raptus: I see it in your mind: you despair.
Dread Master Raptus: You haven't the resolve to continue. Let go.
Dread Master Raptus: You have witnessed but a sample of my power.
Dread Master Raptus: Such minds. Such fertile grounds for terror.
Dread Master Raptus: By resisting, you bring this on yourself.
Dread Master Raptus: Sanity is a prison. Let madness release you.
Dread Master Raptus: Nothing has prepared you for what is to come!.

WildBantha88
Zannah is by far the more BLACK

Sinious
How so?

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Here's probably the best accolade the dread masters have:

"The Dread Masters possess incredible, unprecedented power over the dark side of the Force; a power developed through rituals created by one of their own, the incomparable Sith alchemist known as Styrak."

Sinious
I think Dread Masters' madness is being underrated here.

Hargrev was considered a madman even amongst the sith. He had agony dungeons where he tortured and slaughtered countless innocent lives and even he was terrified by the Dread Masters. Their evil was too much for him so he even stopped being evil after encountering them.

"Once, I thought myself a monster. I played in rivers of blood and laughed as innocents quaked. Yet when I touched the Dread Masters, I saw that my darkness was but a shadow of true depravity."

DarthAnt66
Nox could resist their illusions iirc.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
all of the protags can I believe.

It makes no sense that the non force users can tho, since the dread masters have dominated fleets with their power

Sinious
Yea with that logic, a non force user made Jadus his/her b*tch

WildBantha88
Nox probably could, I doubt any other protags could

Sinious
Originally posted by WildBantha88
Nox probably could, I doubt any other protags could

JK wasn't effected by even Vitiate's mind tricks though

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Yeah HoT has the strongest will out of all of em IMO.

Nephthys
The HoT resisted Sel Makor's mental influence as well.

carthage
Originally posted by Stealth Moose
http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs70/i/2012/055/c/4/darth_raptor_by_toxickittycat-d4qst47.png

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.