Harald Jaekelsson Vs Anton Arcane

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Golgo13
http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/HJ_zps9d1b3dc9.jpg

vs

http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/AA_zps3b2fea00.jpg

Galan007
HJ.

Golgo13
Originally posted by Galan007
HJ.

Even Pre-Flashpoint one?

Galan007
Depends which incarnation, I suppose. Some were vastly powerful(confirmed by Monitor-tech to be on par with classic Spectre and Trigon), while others were little more than a mediocre threat. All, however, were ultimately beaten by Swamp Thing. Just saying. thumb up

operator616
Some were vastly powerful(confirmed by Monitor-tech to be on par with classic Spectre and Trigon),

Meh. Although he had Matt's reality-warping powers (Matt developed them earlier, but never showed us full capabilities), he was still not powerful enough to be comparable to Spectre or Trigon.

Also, it should be noted that this was before Trigon's peak depiction in '85 (New Teen Titans)....

Galan007
Originally posted by operator616
Meh. Although he had Matt's reality-warping powers (Matt developed them earlier, but never showed us full capabilities), he was still not powerful enough to be comparable to Spectre or Trigon. Monitor-tech just put him in the same tier as Spectre and Trigon--that's not to say he was equal to them, however.

Still impressive, though.

operator616
Monitor-tech just put him in the same tier as Spectre and Trigon--that's not to say he was equal to them, however.

Still impressive, though.

That's why i said "comparable", not equal.

Up until that point, Spectre had done some ridiculous shit (even multiversal), so putting him even in the same tier is a bit too much, imho.

...especially how Moore treated Spectre in ST annual #2 (85). Which was around that same time period.

DarkSaint85
Another debate where operator and Galan are actually agreeing with each other, and yet, differ on some minor points big grin

operator616
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Another debate where operator and Galan are actually agreeing with each other, and yet, differ on some minor points big grin

Nope. Galan is OK with that version of Arcane being in the same tier with the Spectre and Trigon. While i am not.

Galan007
That's why i said "comparable", not equal. ...Which is what I also just said. Do you purposefully try to fabricate arguments, or are your English-comprehension skills just that bad?

I'll make this as simplistic as possible: Monitor-tech numerically ranked Arcane's power(at the time) in the same ballpark as classic Spectre and Trigon--that's why they were used as a comparison in the first place. Obviously this does not mean he was as powerful as the aforementioned--just numerically comparable.

Easy is easy. thumb up

leonidas
lol it's more fun though when easy is hard.

ps--what's the new sig?

Galan007
It's Syththunu: an Elder Shadow God depicted in the last arc of JLA(pre-Flashpoint.) A blatant Cthulhu ripoff.

leonidas
huh, so we'll never see what it was intended to be? shame. you're kind of a lovecraft guy though right? did it pi$$ you off they blatantly ripped the idea, or were you on board because of it?

DarkSaint85
It's Syththunu: an Elder Shadow God depicted in the last arc of JLA(pre-Flashpoint.) A blatant Cthulhu ripoff.

thumb up

There was a whole team of Shadow people. Shade, as always, was top dog.

operator616
...Which is what I also just said. Do you purposefully try to fabricate arguments, or are your English-comprehension skills just that bad?

I'll make this as simplistic as possible: Monitor-tech numerically ranked Arcane's power(at the time) in the same ballpark as classic Spectre and Trigon--that's why they were used as a comparison in the first place. Obviously this does not mean he was as powerful as the aforementioned--just numerically comparable.

Easy is easy. thumb up

Way to miss the point by editing out the rest of my response. thumb up

Re-read my post before jumping into conclusion regarding whose comprehension skills are bad. Whether the monitor tech was saying that they're comparable or not is irrelevant to me, because what i was trying to say is: based on feats, they are not comparable.

You said, in your first response, that they are comparable, while i responded that they are not comparable based on feats.

In your 2nd response You then went on to say, yet again (ignoring my point) that they are comparable. Which i, yet again, responded to: They are not comparable based on feats....

...But for some reason, you then replied with hostility, blaming my supposedly bad comprehension skills while completely missing the point yet again (for the 3rd freakin' time).

talk about bad comprehension skills....

celeyhyga17
Lol... Holy semantics war Batman.

-K-M-
Originally posted by leonidas
huh, so we'll never see what it was intended to be? shame. you're kind of a lovecraft guy though right? did it pi$$ you off they blatantly ripped the idea, or were you on board because of it?

Congorilla matched evenly with it shifty

Golgo13
Originally posted by -K-M-
Congorilla matched evenly with it shifty

Congorilla>Sasquatch?

carver9
Can't believe I missed this thread. Galan and Operator going at it (sit back and eat popcorn).

Please continue.

-K-M-
Originally posted by Golgo13
Congorilla>Sasquatch?

Nope. Congorilla's best chance would be in his giant form grab him and try to throw him away for a BFR. However, Sasquatch has fought people who can grow taller then Congorilla

Galan007
Originally posted by leonidas
huh, so we'll never see what it was intended to be? shame. you're kind of a lovecraft guy though right? did it pi$$ you off they blatantly ripped the idea, or were you on board because of it? I actually like when the bigger name companies utilize aspects of the Lovecraft mythos, as it is a very underrated genre, imo.

Way to miss the point by editing out the rest of my response. thumb up Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Lol... Holy semantics war Batman. thumb up

I should type a longer-than-needed retort, though. Apparently it's the cool thing to do these days. smile

Originally posted by -K-M-
Nope. Congorilla's best chance would be in his giant form grab him and try to throw him away for a BFR. However, Sasquatch has fought people who can grow taller then Congorilla During the last dozen or so issues of JLA, Bill stepped WAAAY beyond his average tier anyway. He's typically not portrayed so uberly.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.