Berserk: Will Guts and Griffith reconcile their friendship?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

atv2
This is probably far fetched to see at this moment but does anyone think that Guts and Griffith will reconcile their friendship? A lot has taken place between those two; When Guts left the Band of the Hawk, Griffith was broken by it and got desperate leading to him going for Charlotte and being tortured for a year. Griffith almost lost everything and then sacrificed the Band of the Hawks for his position with Godhand. Based on what his view of what a friend was to him, with the other person taking on their own dream and standing as his equal from what he told Charlotte, would Griffith still see Guts as his friend? or Was the immorality so great in achieving his dream that it would be difficult for them to reconcile their friendship?

NemeBro
Uh, Griffith raped his ****ing girlfriend and forced him to watch, right after he killed all of his friends.

I somehow ****ing doubt it.

atv2
Originally posted by NemeBro
Uh, Griffith raped his ****ing girlfriend and forced him to watch, right after he killed all of his friends.

I somehow ****ing doubt it.

Moreso, after having all of his comrades killed by the apostles; he never considered them as his friends. Then raping Caska in front of Guts, who he saw as his friend before he left. Griffith's twisted view of friendship turned against him and Guts was living up to his point of view. However that's not what friendship is all about.

SSJGGogeta
Originally posted by atv2
Moreso, after having all of his comrades killed by the apostles; he never considered them as his friends. Then raping Caska in front of Guts, who he saw as his friend before he left. Griffith's twisted view of friendship turned against him and Guts was living up to his point of view. However that's not what friendship is all about.

Uh, no. Nemebro is right.

atv2
Originally posted by SSJGGogeta
Uh, no. Nemebro is right.

I get where Nemebro's coming from. If we can recall Griffith said to Charlotte that only person he could consider as his friend is someone who goes after their own dream even if it goes against him. In doing so they would stand as his equal. That was the meaning of friendship for him. He couldn't see friendship as someone that supports his ideals and dreams. Friendship can be achieved in rivalry as well but when there is people who will lay their life down for another and support their ambitions, that's good friendship and a hard to achieve.

Esomark
It would be stupid for it to happen with the way things have been going in the plot since Griffith considers Guts to be beneath his notice completely. He said this after the Count summoned the God Hand and he even mocked Guts as "struggling in his own pitiful existence". Becoming Femto really shifted his personality and his old view wouldn't be consistent with his current standing. With Griffith being the "Hawk of Light" and humanity's savior, nothing Guts will do will ever matter to Griffith. I don't see them ever reconciling nor do I want them to because it wouldn't make any sense.

dmills
No way. Since his resurrection/reincarnation Griffith made it unequivocal that the former band of the Hawk were mere pawns to him. He couldn't care less about the eclipse event and was frankly surprised that Guts would be surprised that he was willing to do it.

asdf83
Short answer is no.

vansonbee
Originally posted by asdf83
Short answer is no. Probably after he is dead.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.