Count Dooku vs Darth Nihl, Darth Talon, Darth Maladi, Darth Stryfe.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WildBantha88
Can Dooku take them all?

NewGuy01
He has a good shot at this, yeah. Stryfe can probably be discarded pretty early on via TK, and Maladi probably wouldn't last long against the Count's bladework unless she kept her distance. Talon and Nihl are good but Dooku would dismiss them in a similar manner as he did to Sora Bulq and Tholme.

That said, if they use their numbers effectively and their teamwork/strategy are played right, the Team has a very good shot too.

Nephthys
4 opponents may be too much even for Dooku.

Q99
Unless he can split them up somehow, which seems unlikely to manage with all 4, 4-on-1 against this level of foe seems too much.

Originally posted by NewGuy01
Stryfe can probably be discarded pretty early on via TK, and Maladi probably wouldn't last long against the Count's bladework unless she kept her distance.

Stryfe- Darth Stryfe has shown good TK defense especially against pushes.

Maladi- has shown high skill avoiding/defending against bladework.

If one's going for a take-down, you don't normally aim for something someone's good at!

Better would probably be lightning for Stryfe, TK for Maladi....

carthage
Stryfe and Maladi are the wealk links, and I like how Wyyrlok was left out lol.

Dooku may take this with extreme difficulty, but only if he one shots Maldi and Stryfe. If Wyyrlok were in it'd be game over for Dooku

NewGuy01
Well, that's something of Dooku's specialty.

I redirect you to Saarai, and I think you'll have a hard time convincing me her TK surpasses Dooku's.

Facing Shado Vao and facing Darth Tyranus are very different situations.

EDIT: Yeah, if Wyyrlok were in this game Dooku would have no chance.

WildBantha88
I didn't add Wyyrlok for that very reason

Q99

I redirect you to Saarai, and I think you'll have a hard time convincing me her TK surpasses Dooku's.

Saarai, you mean where she started out by grabbing his heart, and he broke free and shoved her back with the force? She managed to grab him in mid-air when he leapt . And this was about a minute after he punched his way out of a bacta tank, he was still dripping wet!

I'm not saying she surpasses Dooku. But she still showed great telekinetic skill, is a highly talented adept with nothing else to focus on, got her licks in return (not to mention the armored door behind her, which got craters from his force pushes!), and that's not his only TK resistance/defense feat, he also did temporarily lock TK with Cade (they met with blade and then with their free hand each did a one-handed push).

Perhaps as your method for quickly eliminating him, you should argue for something other than an area he's good at?

Could Tyrannus take him out with telekinesis? Yes. Could he do so with a simple force push or other quick move to take him out fast? Hah.

Sure, but Shado is still very good and very fast and in a one-on-one and this is a 4-on-1.

Why is it that the two assumed weaknesses are two areas the characters have shown no vulnerability towards? Darth Stryfe is a heavy brick. His strengths are strength and toughness. Maladi is an agile sorcerer. Her strengths include locking down foes with her powers and dancing with saber users. It's better to swap the proposed approaches.

It's like, "Look, there's Obi-wan Kenobi, Kit Fisto, and Savage Opress! Let's engage Kenobi in a saber duel of skill, send a group after Fisto, and brute force Savage. Yea, that's totally the plan to take them out fastest!". Even if one has the power to pull it off, it's literally the least-efficient slowest way for those particular foes.

I'm not sure why Maladi's rated low here. Physical defense, she's solid. Force powers, she got good lightning, and her own version of Memory Walk where she forces the opponent to see their fears (Not as strong as Wyyrlok's, but a powerful, distracting ability).

Heck, she may be stronger than Talon.

Remember, if one is judging purely by place in the inner circle, there's only 5 members of the inner circle (+Krayt). The CW Jedi Council has like 8-9 badasses. Kit Fisto is, like, the 7th most powerful member. "Weakest of a small group all of whom chosen for their power of one sort or another," doesn't mean weak in an overall sense, and we don't even have a precise ranking among the circle aside from the priorities among the Hands.

PTforthewin
Dooku is revan level

Q99
Btw, one other thing about Stryfe, or more specifically about Saarai:

Saarai was not yet a Darth, but she was intended to be the next Darth Wyyrlok.

Meaning she doesn't get her title until her dad is dead!

Meaning she can be really powerful and still 'just an initiate'. It's like how Padawan Anakin was beyond most Knights, and Knight Anakin was above most Jedi Council Members.

NewGuy01
I didn't say Stryfe would be taken out by a push. I said he'd be taken down by a Saarai-style thrashing.

Q99
I didn't say Stryfe would be taken out by a push. I said he'd be taken down by a Saarai-style thrashing.

Well, people were saying TK to take him out quickly.... and Saarai took probably 30-40 seconds to actually get him (not to mention, even after she twisted him like a pretzel, he was still able to stand up and walk around after she let him go. Tough bastard). He lost, but he powered through stuff like her heart-grab, and she avoided some of his own attacks.

A 'Saarai style' thrashing is waaay too slow to take him out fast. That'd give every time for dozens of full-power attacks. That doesn't fly well in a group combat.

In order to pull the "take X out fast, before the others can use the gang up and make it a lot harder," in a group fight, it has to actually be fast. And, preferably, in something that the target hasn't shown good resistance to.

NewGuy01
30/40 seconds? erm

Emperordmb
I'm sorry, but Stryfe is not anything to Dooku.

Q99
Sequence of events: Stryfe gets angry, charges his hands, fires two force-blasts that damaged the armored doors of Krayt's tomb, but Saarai leaps over them and kicks him in the head. He gets up to attack again, she uses her telekinesis to grab his heart. They exchange conversation, and Stryfe powers through to grab her heart, and then push her away. He then leaps at her, and she grabs him in mid-air. Then she bends his limbs with TK to win.

That's, what, 7 distinct actions? Including some talking during the TK grab? One can only estimate comic time, but that's not a 'quick exchange, one wins,' situation.

Originally posted by Emperordmb
I'm sorry, but Stryfe is not anything to Dooku.

Yes, he's not, but he's still not someone who'll be casually taking out with a quick attack, especially not a quick TK attack.

One on one, Dooku'd beat him in 15-20 seconds? Fine. This is a group fight.

He can afford to spare, maybe, 1/4th as much effort on Stryfe as he would one-on-one.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.