Darth Bane vs Yoda

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WildBantha88
DoE Bane
RtoS Yoda

Who wins who dies?

Emperordmb
Yoda wins, but Bane puts up a fight.

Edit: Was this thread made to test me? Cause I'm kinda getting that vibe.

WildBantha88
Originally posted by Emperordmb

Edit: Was this thread made to test me? Cause I'm kinda getting that vibe. No this is a serious thread and I actually disagree with your answer so there :P

Emperordmb
Originally posted by WildBantha88
No this is a serious thread and I actually disagree with your answer so there :P
Well if you have a line of thought that'll change my mind I'd be more than happy to listen to it.

WildBantha88
Well most people wont even think about this thread because Yoda is involved because fanboys and what not but believe it or not Yoda can loose to another character...ik shocker isn't it

WildBantha88
I don't think Yoda can crank out an offense that is greater than torrents of rain. Also weather or not you agree with Jenseerai you have to admit Yoda does have his limits, he cant fight forever. Bane is much fitter and has greater endurance. And As far as the force goes. Bane has more tricks up his sleeve. Lightning cacoon and inertia being good examples. I can see Bane winning

Q99
Originally posted by Emperordmb

I agree with this.

Yoda's not invincible, but he is very strong, one of the strongest Jedi of all time. He should be careful and keep his guard up, an upset isn't *impossible*, but he's the stronger.

Sinious
I don't think Yoda can crank out an offense that is greater than torrents of rain. Also weather or not you agree with Jenseerai you have to admit Yoda does have his limits, he cant fight forever. Bane is much fitter and has greater endurance. And As far as the force goes. Bane has more tricks up his sleeve. Lightning cacoon and inertia being good examples. I can see Bane winning

Jenseerai probably thinks that APM Anakin has a chance against Yoda. Don't take anything he says about Yoda seriously.

Nalaniel
Yoda was able to stalemate ROTS Sidious, so he wins.

Emperordmb
Wow... I'm honestly shocked nobody is flipping shit on Bantha. Based on my past experiences with this kinda thing it usually devolves into insulting and hate filled spamming, so good for Bantha that he's not dealing with that thumb up

Nephthys
Its a close fight imo. I could see it going either way.

NewGuy01
Yoda deals with him. Despite common misconception, Yoda's force augmented strength is far greater than the likes of Savage Opress, and he's unbelievably fast. His lightsaber mastery is even greater than Mace Windu's, and he may be the greatest Jedi lightsaber master that ever lived canonically. He can't last forever, no, but his endurance has proven to be more than enough to last him through even extended fights with Palpatine. His raw power in the Force outmatches Bane's, and his 900 years of Force Mastery has awarded him with counters to practically everything Bane has to work with.

Obviously Bane is going to hold his own, Count Dooku did, but he probably isn't long to live facing the greatest of the Jedi's masters.

Nephthys
Yoda's strength CAN be stronger than Savage's, since he's way more powerful, but he doesn't invest in it that strongly all the time. Otherwise he would have blown Dooku across the room too.

Bane would last longer than Dooku at the very least.

Lord Stark
ROTS Yoda is far more bloodlusted than AOTCs Yoda. And if he's in 'Destroy the Sith we must' mentality, Bane is going down not as hard as Dooku would, but still pretty hard.

Nephthys
I've never really got that. He seriously didn't seem that pissed off. He was cracking jokes and generally being as calm as usual.

Arhael
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Yoda deals with him. Despite common misconception, Yoda's force augmented strength is far greater than the likes of Savage Opress
No, just no. When Yoda was attacking, Dooku was comfortably deflecting it with two as well as one-handed grip. When Opress struck with lightsaber, Dooku got knocked off feet and got disarmed.

And, please, don't bring saber lock example. Yoda's saber connection during lock is close to hilt, while both Palpatine and Dooku were pressing with their tip of lightsaber. Leverage is heavily on Yoda's side in those so called "strength" contests, that's why he is using small lightsaber, so he can intercept attacks closer to hilt. Yoda's advantage is movement speed due to small size but definitely not strength. Strength is combination of body mass and muscle strength. Yoda is tiny and frail. Yes, he can enhance strength using Force but so can others. Claiming that he can enhance his miniature body to the point that being stronger than likes of Opress is just plain absurd.

NewGuy01
I don't care if Yoda had good leverage. Palpatine held off The full force of Savage's strength with one hand, and he couldn't back Yoda down with both, even though he did so to someone as strong as Maul at the end of the fight.

WildBantha88
I don't agree with Jenseerai but he was partly, emphasis on PARTLY, right about Yoda. Our little green friend cannot fight forever. And I think Bane can hold him off until he tires out. Still I think people are afraid to openly admit Yoda loosing. Bane is a lot better than Dooku. If anyone is on Yodas level, Bane is

Nephthys
thumb up

Lord Stark
Originally posted by Nephthys
I've never really got that. He seriously didn't seem that pissed off. He was cracking jokes and generally being as calm as usual.

He's a Jedi Master, he's not going to be like 'I'm going to MURDER YOU LORD SIDIOUS!'. But for him to go from 'Only defend, never attack' to trying to assassinate someone, yes its a change in philosophy.

I remember in KOTOR when Karath is interrogating you and asking what your mission is and you can attempt to lie and say 'we're sent to assassinate Lord Malak.' And Karath blatantly dismisses it because the Jedi would never send assassins.

NewGuy01
I don't agree with Jenseerai but he was partly, emphasis on PARTLY, right about Yoda. Our little green friend cannot fight forever. And I think Bane can hold him off until he tires out. Still I think people are afraid to openly admit Yoda loosing. Bane is a lot better than Dooku. If anyone is on Yodas level, Bane is

Why would I be afraid? Because I'd be swaying from public opinion? When has that ever stopped me?

And there are plenty of better candidates for being on Yoda's level, like Caedus or Plagueis.

WildBantha88
I wasn't particularly referring to you, but most people see the name Yoda and say he wins without even thinking about the battle

Lord Stark
I wasn't particularly referring to you, but most people see the name Yoda and say he wins without even thinking about the battle

That generally goes with the territory of being a top tier. There's a reason people don't do Sidious/ Yoda vs. anyone in a 1v1.

DarthAnt66
thumb up Bane is not winning this.

Stigma
Yoda wins handily.

chilled monkey
Originally posted by Nephthys

Resolve and determination are not the same as anger. You don't need to be ****** off to be really determined to kill someone.

If you are certain that person is such a great threat that you must kill them, then its entirely possible to have an iron resolve to do so while still being calm.

Astor Ebligis
I'm gonna go with the person who has the far superior feats and accolades, which would be Dessel.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.