Which one is more durable: true adamantium vs high heralds

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

eaebiakuya
Which one is more durable:

Adamantium vs Superman Pre Reboot

Adamantium vs Thor

Adamantium vs Destroyer

Adamantium vs Thanos

burrrrrr
Destroyer > true adamantium

All of the rest are not particularly close at all

8swords
Originally posted by burrrrrr
Destroyer > true adamantium

All of the rest are not particularly close at all

wait till abhi gets here. laughing out loud

Stoic
Originally posted by 8swords
wait till abhi gets here. laughing out loud

It doesn't matter. On average Superman would be cut by a weapon forged of adamantium, based on being cut by less.

The Destroyer and Thanos are not Heralds. The Destroyer is the only thing mentioned here to be composed of a substance that is superior to adamantium.

carver9
Lol at Thanos and the Destroyer being Herald level.

Khazra Reborn
IMO any herald can be cut by an adamantium weapon, but IIRC that one time Magneto almost tossed Wolverine into the sun, he seemed to think that his Adamantium wouldn't be able to take that. Any high herald worth their salt has withstood a star before, pretty speculative, but that's all I got.

pym-ftw
I'd just wager Wolverine is dumb.

8swords
Originally posted by pym-ftw
I'd just wager Wolverine is dumb.

oohhhhhhhh.... oh no you didnt.

Khazra Reborn
Could be. I don't care enough to argue it either way.

MF DELPH
I think it's just different properties. You can have a heat/fire resistant material like kevlar that is capable of being cut by scissors and fashioned into garments. It's not necessarily counterintuitive. Metals get forged in heat so it stands to reason that adamantium liquifies at a set boiling point. It doesn't mean that when it's forged into a blade it can't cut a material which wouldn't be damaged if it were exposed to adamantium's boiling point heat.

Squirtle
Originally posted by MF DELPH
I think it's just different properties. You can have a heat/fire resistant material like kevlar that is capable of being cut by scissors and fashioned into garments. It's not necessarily counterintuitive. Metals get forged in heat so it stands to reason that adamantium liquifies at a set boiling point. It doesn't mean that when it's forged into a blade it can't cut a material which wouldn't be damaged if it were exposed to adamantium's boiling point heat.
True, but couldn't primary adamantium be altered only by molecular rearrangement?

eaebiakuya
Guys dont stick to the title. I know Thanos and Destroyer are no heralds...i just tought in include then after i put the title and i forgot to change... embarrasment

Rao Kal El
Originally posted by Stoic
It doesn't matter. On average Superman would be cut by a weapon forged of adamantium, based on being cut by less.

Like what? I don't remember seeing him being cut, unless there are extenuating circumstances

Squirtle
There was Brainiac's ship, this Equus guy... and I don't remember anything else, aside from magic blades.

DarkSaint85
Equus had wing bones from an angel embedded in his arms, IIRC.

DarkSaint85
<.<

>.>

Let's go!!

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f188/A_Flight5/adamantiumcutta4wd.jpg

Mwhahaha

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
(...) he seemed to think that his Adamantium wouldn't be able to take that.

Not that. If Logan's skeleton had actually reached the sun and stayed there, there wouldn't have been no healing.

panthergod
Superman is explicitly superior to adamantium in energy durability. Magic cutting weapons disrupt his invulnerability, adamantium cannot.

SamZED
Didn't DD cut Superman? I think a class 100 with an Adamantium dagger could do the same.

NemeBro
It doesn't matter. On average Superman would be cut by a weapon forged of adamantium, based on being cut by less. What does the weapon's durability have to do with how well it cuts?

carver9
Superman has been cut just like any Herald. Despero cut his face with his claws.

JBL
Originally posted by SamZED
Didn't DD cut Superman? I think a class 100 with an Adamantium dagger could do the same. Yes he did and his spikes are nowhere near as tough as Adamantium. Adamantium has taken hits from things that would maul superman.

Rao Kal El
Um Doomsday bones resisted forces that open holes in space, created a wasteland on 1/5 of a planet and his bones was the only thing left after imperex prime blast him with entrophy all this and his bones were intact.

Trying to use Doomsday is not a good argument.

Stoic
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
<.<

>.>

Let's go!!

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f188/A_Flight5/adamantiumcutta4wd.jpg

Mwhahaha

The Hulk withstood forces capable of liquefying adamantium, but that does not change the fact that he has been cut by the substance and will be cut by it again in the future. So yeah, let's go!

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by carver9
Superman has been cut just like any Herald. Despero cut his face with his claws.

And Silver Banshee caused him pain with her claws (not necessarily doing actual dmg, but he felt it).

Equus needs to be remembered, too.

Magic beings like them tend to have an easier time doing that.

carver9
The Hulk withstood forces capable of liquefying adamantium, but that does not change the fact that he has been cut by the substance and will be cut by it again in the future. So yeah, let's go!

No need to dispute that scene...it's non-canon.

Stoic
No need to dispute that scene...it's non-canon.

All of the indestructible Hulk comics are no longer canon? Since when?

Decimus
The planet is still intact from adamantium occurring (until possibly retconned to give the metal an extraterrestrial origin...) in some liquid form plus adamantium is always getting retconned into all the other lower grades to give the characters that possess it more footing against characters with more esoteric power sets. That being said Supeman as well as a few others (Thanos and Destroyer) should be more durable due to being composed of superior elements, surviving the singularities, having manipulating fields that can deflect/absorb much more damage etc. I mean we do know adamantium can liquify and it was liquified on earth without planetary destruction (no wormholes were being used to negate the process of how much energy was used to create or consistently be kept at temperature to liquify it) so I think surviving the one of the most theoretical destructive forces of nature would constitute as having more durability than an element that has to have people constantly finding loopholes for it because it goes against any physical insight. Yet the two big companies have different views on science and treating their characters so u have instances of Logan stabbing Thanos which is quite absurd. While other approaches have been taken that are much more dimensional with say the Plutonian Tony to teleport invulnerable molecules off his extremities to intelligently satisfy the people who are curious how someone would attack someone with an upper bound to their invulnerability as inconsistent as it maybe. Idk maybe if magic is involved then everything I said goes out the window but that is a big if because its not Uru and has been always grounded in science.

leonidas
well, logan pierced glads with ease..... shifty

DarkSaint85

Jeez, was kidding lol.

DarkSaint85

Crossover comics are non canon.

Stoic
Originally posted by Decimus
The planet is still intact from adamantium occurring (until possibly retconned to give the metal an extraterrestrial origin...) in some liquid form plus adamantium is always getting retconned into all the other lower grades to give the characters that possess it more footing against characters with more esoteric power sets. That being said Supeman as well as a few others (Thanos and Destroyer) should be more durable due to being composed of superior elements, surviving the singularities, having manipulating fields that can deflect/absorb much more damage etc. I mean we do know adamantium can liquify and it was liquified on earth without planetary destruction (no wormholes were being used to negate the process of how much energy was used to create or consistently be kept at temperature to liquify it) so I think surviving the one of the most theoretical destructive forces of nature would constitute as having more durability than an element that has to have people constantly finding loopholes for it because it goes against any physical insight. Yet the two big companies have different views on science and treating their characters so u have instances of Logan stabbing Thanos which is quite absurd. While other approaches have been taken that are much more dimensional with say the Plutonian Tony to teleport invulnerable molecules off his extremities to intelligently satisfy the people who are curious how someone would attack someone with an upper bound to their invulnerability as inconsistent as it maybe. Idk maybe if magic is involved then everything I said goes out the window but that is a big if because its not Uru and has been always grounded in science.

What usually seems to happen though, is that the adamantium that has been compromised several times gets a retcon, and is called the secondary impure stuff. Superman being busted open by less on average, (the key word here being average) shows that it would not be surprising if an adamantium weapon wielded by someone of high enough strength should blow right through his natural body armor, and not be shattered on contact. Whereas the Destroyer is without a doubt made of sterner stuff than even the primary adamantium alloy, thus it should shatter upon impacting the construct. I don't see why it wouldn't cut any Herald if enough force were to be generated during the weapons stroke.

Stoic
Crossover comics are non canon.

So is that a yes? I also had no idea that the Indestructible Hulk title was a cossover. I mean since when do cross overs last for more than 2 years? Lol that's pretty silly is what I'm thinking right now.

DarkSaint85
So is that a yes? I also had no idea that the Indestructible Hulk title was a cossover. I mean since when do cross overs last for more than 2 years? Lol that's pretty silly is what I'm thinking right now.

No, what Carvster, Scandaddy Supreme, did, was smack me down and remind everyone that my comic (where Superman crosses over to the FF) was non canon.

The Indestructible Hulk comics are 100% canon.

Stoic
No, what Carvster, Scandaddy Supreme, did, was smack me down and remind everyone that my comic (where Superman crosses over to the FF) was non canon.

Ah OK gotcha. But then again Superman did break out of restraints fashioned from DC's version of adamantium. I wonder if the two are comparable. You do realize that crossovers are canon. Anything printed is technically canon, but on forums it can not be used as evidence. That kind of makes it seem like any argument that a DC character has had with a character from another comics company (and vice verse) has never been proven. Or at least this is the way that I'm taking it. BTW was the Kryptonian Herald of Galactus truly deemed non canon?

DarkSaint85
Ah OK gotcha. But then again Superman did break out of restraints fashioned from DC's version of adamantium. I wonder if the two are comparable. You do realize that crossovers are canon. Anything printed is technically canon, but on forums it can not be used as evidence. That kind of makes it seem like any argument that a DC character has had with a character from another comics company (and vice verse) has never been proven. Or at least this is the way that I'm taking it. BTW was the Kryptonian Herald of Galactus truly deemed non canon?

Potentially, I mean, they are all fictional of course, so if the writers want it to be they can have Karate Kid breaking it etc.

The Kryp Herald storyline is inadmissible purely because its a crossover; whether it is noncanon is another matter, I guess.

Rao Kal El
So the examples of Superman being cut mentioned in here have extenuating circumstances or were performed by above herald tier characters whose bones can survive entrophy thumb up

carver9

Not Hulk but the Superman scene.

Stoic
Originally posted by Rao Kal El
So the examples of Superman being cut mentioned in here have extenuating circumstances or were performed by above herald tier characters whose bones can survive entrophy thumb up

So are you saying that an adamantium blade would be unable to cut Superman? Superman has been cut. Let's not pretend that he hasn't, and this has come from sources with less durability than adamantium. Superman was lacerated by the faux Predator. No one is knocking Superman, but you seem to be gravitating towards a no limits fallacy.

Rao Kal El
So are you saying that an adamantium blade would be unable to cut Superman? Superman has been cut. Let's not pretend that he hasn't, and this has come from sources with less durability than adamantium. Superman was lacerated by the faux Predator. No one is knocking Superman, but you seem to be gravitating towards a no limits fallacy.

I haven't read the issue with the Faux predator but "Superman Pre Reboot" fought the Faux Predator?

carver9

Exactly.

Stoic
Exactly.

yeah I know. i got confused, because you didn't quote DS, so I thought that you were saying that the Hulk's feat was non canon. No biggie.

basilisk
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
IMO any herald can be cut by an adamantium weapon, but IIRC that one time Magneto almost tossed Wolverine into the sun, he seemed to think that his Adamantium wouldn't be able to take that. Any high herald worth their salt has withstood a star before, pretty speculative, but that's all I got. Didn't Ultron once say something like the core of the hottest sun couldn't melt his body? Not that the core is the hottest part. Might be thinking of some other character.

JBL
Originally posted by basilisk
Didn't Ultron once say something like the core of the hottest sun couldn't melt his body? Not that the core is the hottest part. Might be thinking of some other character. It was Ultron. He was attacked by the human torch who thought he could melt Ultron but Ultron told him, 'the core of the hottest star could not melt my Adamantium body'

http://static.comicvine.com/uploads/original/7/78977/3756550-cap+blocks+nova+blast.jpg

h1a8
Originally posted by eaebiakuya
Which one is more durable:

Adamantium vs Superman Pre Reboot

Adamantium vs Thor

Adamantium vs Destroyer

Adamantium vs Thanos

Characters and objects fluctuate in durability from comic to comi. Also durability is based on size and thickness. For example, Superman is definitely more durable than a 1mm sheet of admantium, but probably not an 1ft thick slab.
With that said, we should judge based off feats. On average, I would say adamantium>high herald skin (equal thickness).

What are true admantium's best durability feats?

Also durability in energy is different than physical blunt impact and different than shearing (cutting). A bulletproof vest can be cut or stabbed through with a knife. It can also be burned well. Now a diamond can resist being burned and cut very well but not so much physical impact.

Thanos is very durable against energy attacks, and high herald level in blunt impact and not so much in cutting (I still have to see those feats Nihilist suggested though).

h1a8
Originally posted by JBL
Yes he did and his spikes are nowhere near as tough as Adamantium. Adamantium has taken hits from things that would maul superman.

I would say his spikes are very close to adamantium if not greater at times.
DD skin (which is weaker) has taken hits than would phuck Superman up.

carver9
Thanos isn't as durable when it comes to cutting blades though. Wolverine has dug his claws in him and an alien with an ax sliced him as well.

Stoic
Originally posted by Rao Kal El
I haven't read the issue with the Faux predator but "Superman Pre Reboot" fought the Faux Predator?

No he didn't good catch btw. Pre-Boot did not fight him, but there have been times that Superman has been cut by less all the same if we are talking about pre boot Superman. Hasn't Mongul cut him. I mean drew blood from him? On average is what I'm saying, is that an adamantium weapon wielded by a character strong enough should be able to cut any Herald barring the Juggernaut at his best.

I don't see this as some kind of attack on anyone's favorite character, but just the way that it is. I also can't see Superman snapping or ripping a piece of adamantium off, as thick as the piece of bone that he snapped off of Doomsday's body.

StiltmanFTW
Thanos isn't as durable when it comes to cutting blades though. Wolverine has dug his claws in him and an alien with an ax sliced him as well.

You're forgetting Hawkeye.

Stoic
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
You're forgetting Hawkeye.

I'm not sure many of the piercing assaults against Thanos makes much sense. I mean in a weakened state the Godslayer blade was unable to harm him. It kind of makes you walk away scratching your head. Wolverine puncturing him may fall into the same category.

Branlor Swift
Wolverine's claws have pierced Wolverine's skull

Adamantium has good piercing resistance but its durability tops out at Skyfather level. Plus it's metal as well so it can't actually give an indication of being hurt.

A lot of taking attacks that would destroy Adamantium have to do with damage soak, but when you outright take it with no physical damage? Probably be considered more durable

Rao Kal El
No he didn't good catch btw. Pre-Boot did not fight him, but there have been times that Superman has been cut by less all the same if we are talking about pre boot Superman. Hasn't Mongul cut him. I mean drew blood from him? On average is what I'm saying, is that an adamantium weapon wielded by a character strong enough should be able to cut any Herald barring the Juggernaut at his best.

I don't see this as some kind of attack on anyone's favorite character, but just the way that it is. I also can't see Superman snapping or ripping a piece of adamantium off, as thick as the piece of bone that he snapped off of Doomsday's body.

I don't remember what are the circumstance in which Mongul might have drawn blood for him, but IIRC the instance in which He face Mogul have extenuating circumstances for most of the time.

The first Time Superman faced Mogul on the post crisis, Superman have been with out yellow sun for a long period of time

The second time there was an asteroid of Kryptonite comming to earth that was already affecting Kal.

The other time, there was kryptonite involved.

Like I said, there are times where he has bled, but there are for most of the time extenuating circumstances that lower his invulnerability, so is not really "average" for him, if he is being affected by external forces.

And of course everyone is entitled to his opinion, But because I have read a lot of Superman comics and also a good deal of Marvel comics, I believe Superman going all out could be able to snap a chunk of AD, IT WONT BE EASY, but he could do it, at least He could be able to bend it. IMO

cdtm
Ah OK gotcha. But then again Superman did break out of restraints fashioned from DC's version of adamantium.

Prometheum or Inertron?

Intertron's generally Legion stuff, and it can be broken, but not in large enough quantities, such as a wall of it. (Mon El failed to damage a wall of it, and it was used to cage pre crisis Validus..)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.