What Telepath could dominate Legion

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Stoic
Is there a Telepath out there that could dominate Legion at his best, so badly that it would leave him in a catatonic state? The battle begins when the Telepath of your choice pulls Legion unto the Astral Plane.

eaebiakuya
Galactus can.

cdtm
Superman using t-vo.

long pig
Strange could.

DarkRaiden
No. Isn't he confirmed 10x Xavier when not at his best?

Khazra Reborn
Maybe full power Shaman X-Man.

celestialdemon
No. There may be telepaths that beat him, but I doubt anyone can dominate him, not at his best.

Existere
Cassandra Nova, maybe

operator616
...At his best? As in, when he's merged every single personality of his (and he's had thousands of them, multiple of which are reality warping personalities) and has them all under his control? I really can't tell.

Although, some of his individual personalities don't have defenses against telepathy. For example, Karma mind controlled him in New Mutants v1 #44, when he has the Jack Wayne persona from what i remember, despite the fact that he's resisted Xavier back in New Mutants v1 #26 (which was in the same series) while utilizing his Jemail personality. And im pretty sure Shadow King controlled him in an X-Men annual.

Originally posted by DarkRaiden
No. Isn't he confirmed 10x Xavier when not at his best?

Yeah, it was stated in Legion Quest:

http://i.imgur.com/Ip3KekQ.jpg?1

Edit: And back in Legion Quest, he still had only 4 personalities which he had under his control: Telepathy, Telekinesis, Pyrokinesis, and time manipulation which he developed in that arc. Later on when he returned in New Mutants v3, he had thousands of personalities (but they weren't under David's control; when he switches to a specific power, that personality which is responsible for the power, takes control of Legion).

golem370
Ego-Stranger-Uatu-Overmind?

Sin I AM
A focused legion is a serious threat i'd love to see him well written

Glorificus
Originally posted by Existere
Cassandra Nova, maybe

Probably the best bet. Beyond her, Jean as WPotC could certainly do it. Shaman Nate Grey - possibly. Classic Strange w/ Eye perhaps as well, though it's pretty much a tossup.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Glorificus
Probably the best bet. Beyond her, Jean as WPotC could certainly do it. Shaman Nate Grey - possibly. Classic Strange w/ Eye perhaps as well, though it's pretty much a tossup.

Nova is that good

operator616
Originally posted by Sin I AM
A focused legion is a serious threat i'd love to see him well written

Id recommend reading the recent X-Men Legacy series (Vol. 2) in case you haven't.

Golgo13
DCnU Brainiac is a potential threat.

Epicurus
At his best, meaning the universe remaking best?

Nope, I doubt any telepath less than someone like Galactus, Odin or the Celestials could get the job done.

Existere
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Nova is that good Well, this only matters depending on how much weight you give to offhand comments, but:

Cassandra Nova casually overpowered Xavier while Xavier was wearing Cerebra.

Cerebra was stated, by Beast (iirc) to increase psi power to the power of 10.

Legion's power levels obviously fluctuate ridiculously, but for what it's worth, he was once stated to be 10x Xavier psionically.

5 x 10 = 50

5^10 = 9765625

Cassandra Nova has a lot of other impressive and certainly cooler feats but it stands to reason that if she is that much more powerful than Xavier, then perhaps she stands the best shot of getting the better of Legion psionically, at least until we get to Trans+ telepaths.

Sin I AM
Well, this only matters depending on how much weight you give to offhand comments, but:

Legion's power levels obviously fluctuate ridiculously, but for what it's worth, he was once stated to be 10x Xavier psionically.

5 x 10 = 50

5^10 = 9765625

Cassandra Nova has a lot of other impressive and certainly cooler feats but it stands to reason that if she is that much more powerful than Xavier, then perhaps she stands the best shot of getting the better of Legion psionically, at least until we get to Trans+ telepaths.

Great. Post

Stoic
Well, this only matters depending on how much weight you give to offhand comments, but:

5 x 10 = 50

5^10 = 9765625

I'm sorry but where did your base exponent come from? I mean where did you get that number, because I think that I may have missed a step in your calculations.

Existere
Originally posted by Stoic
I'm sorry but where did your base exponent come from? I mean where did you get that number, because I think that I may have missed a step in your calculations. The number 5? I just picked it. The point is that if Cerebra really does increase Xavier's power exponentially, then smiling while destroying him while he wears Cerebra is an absolutely ridiculous feat, and reasonably beyond a basic multiplication of Xavier's power.

Stoic
The number 5? I just picked it. The point is that if Cerebra really does increase Xavier's power exponentially, then smiling while destroying him while he wears Cerebra is an absolutely ridiculous feat, and reasonably beyond a basic multiplication of Xavier's power.

OK that's feasible, but if Legion were already at his top level, or at his best when the fight began, would he not be in, or above that ballpark figure? wouldn't she have to contend with thousands of psychic backlashes while attempting to subdue him? Just wondering, because it seems like she would be dealing in a sense with a multitude of minds at once, while still only dealing with one... does that make any sense?

Existere
OK that's feasible, but if Legion were already at his top level, or at his best when the fight began, would he not be in, or above that ballpark figure? wouldn't she have to contend with thousands of psychic backlashes while attempting to subdue him? Just wondering, because it seems like she would be dealing in a sense with a multitude of minds at once, while still only dealing with one... does that make any sense? Yeah, well, what I was getting at earlier was that any sort of basis of belief that anybody could take on Legion depends entirely on how we interpret Legion to be in this thread, and what exactly 'at his best' would look like for a psionic fight.

I would basically vote on Cassandra before I would on Shaman Nate, etc, but it's all rough speculation and maybe the right answer is that until we get into universal power telepathy or whatever, nobody has shot, because this is Legion 'at his best'

EDIT: I mean, does 'at his best' mean that he's got his other personalities under control? Because then maybe a telepath only has to contend with one mind. Or, for the sake of telepathic combat, is Legion 'at his best' when he's his most far gone into multiple personality disorder.

Stoic
Yeah, well, what I was getting at earlier was that any sort of basis of belief that anybody could take on Legion depends entirely on how we interpret Legion to be in this thread, and what exactly 'at his best' would look like for a psionic fight.

I would basically vote on Cassandra before I would on Shaman Nate, etc, but it's all rough speculation and maybe the right answer is that until we get into universal power telepathy or whatever, nobody has shot, because this is Legion 'at his best'

EDIT: I mean, does 'at his best' mean that he's got his other personalities under control? Because then maybe a telepath only has to contend with one mind. Or, for the sake of telepathic combat, is Legion 'at his best' when he's his most far gone into multiple personality disorder.

Those are some really good questions, and I'm going to let someone else answer if they can.

DarkSaint85
Plus, as Emma has said many times, it's nto about the power, butt he skill which you wield it.

My money is on Nova.

"Id"
Legion at his best would be the one that unified 2,000 plus persona's at the end of X-Men Legacy. That one took on a telepathic personality of his own creation, backed by every mind on Earth.

He already bested Xavier, including Red Skull with Xaviers brain.

The stage is set extremely high, anything less than Cassandra Nova, or Shaman X-Man, would be too small of a feeb for Legion.

One could point out that Cassie or Nate would best him in experience. But with David unifying his persona's, he gains the accumulated experience.

My choice would be Adult Franklin Richards, as he seems to be the only one that match him in ability, raw power, and experience.

Golgo13
Originally posted by "Id"
Legion at his best would be the one that unified 2,000 plus persona's at the end of X-Men Legacy. That one took on a telepathic personality of his own creation, backed by every mind on Earth.

He already bested Xavier, including Red Skull with Xaviers brain.

The stage is set extremely high, anything less than Cassandra Nova, or Shaman X-Man, would be too small of a feeb for Legion.

One could point out that Cassie or Nate would best him in experience. But with David unifying his persona's, he gains the accumulated experience.

My choice would be Adult Franklin Richards, as he seems to be the only one that match him in ability, raw power, and experience.

Where do you place DCnU Brainiac in the TP department?

Mr.SunKing
Yeah, well, what I was getting at earlier was that any sort of basis of belief that anybody could take on Legion depends entirely on how we interpret Legion to be in this thread, and what exactly 'at his best' would look like for a psionic fight.

eh, that's the think Shaman Nate has displayed multiversal telepathy before, pulling minds from all over the multiverse simultaneously for mergance.

"Id"
Originally posted by Golgo13

I wouldn't know. I don't follow Brainiac.

Stoic
Originally posted by Golgo13

What are some of Brainiac's feats, is he really that powerful now?

Golgo13

It's really implied power. When Parasite absorbed Lois (who had some of Brainiac's psi power), it overloaded his absorbing power. Before he was KO'd by the power he mentioned that Brainiac felt every though, every planet in the COSMOS all at ONCE. Pretty uber.

In the DOOMED crossover, Superdoom will face off against Brainiac who supposedly can warp reality with a though. August, I believe.

Golgo13
Here was the scan.

http://i1245.photobucket.com/albums/gg587/golgi7777/PAR_zps918c7fe7.jpg

DarkSaint85
Superdickery.

"Id"
In Age of X reality warp, his telepathy reached out across the universe and submitted everyone, creating faux memories for all.

By anyone's measure that's an insane telepathic feat. That is why its difficult to guage who would be a proper opponent for him.

cdtm

Adding to his question, how about Milton Fine Brainiac?

Which includes Warworld amped, who.mind raped Metron while protected in his Mobius chair, a device that amped up Doublex to about Martian Manhunter level or so.

And mutated Brainiac, who tk made the entire world including Superman believe they saw Supes body in his tomb. Even fooled Supes senses. And this was done from New Genesis in another dimension from Earth.

Fire Knight
Jean Phoenix

FistOfThe North
AFR.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.