Revan vs Dooku Sabers Battle

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kotor3
The can only use the force to enhance their skill with the saber.

Who wins?

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Dooku undoubtedly imo.

carthage
Dooku SLAUGHTERHOUSE

Kotor3
Revan wins.

Saber record:
Reven zero loses
Dooku 2

UltimateAnomaly
Originally posted by Kotor3
Revan wins.

Saber record:
Reven zero loses
Dooku 2

Right, sure, and by that logic a professional boxer who only fought 10 fights and lost none would beat Ali or Tyson.

Kotor3
Originally posted by UltimateAnomaly
Right, sure, and by that logic a professional boxer who only fought 10 fights and lost none would beat Ali or Tyson.

Except that Dooku is the one with 10 fights in comparison to Revan's 100. Revan is Ali and Tyson.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
that's a, err, terribly way to determine who'd win. Dooku only lost swordfights against a swordsman far more competent than Revan (Yoda), so I don't see what ur getting at.

Kotor3
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
that's a, err, terribly way to determine who'd win. Dooku only lost swordfights against a swordsman far more competent than Revan (Yoda), so I don't see what ur getting at.

Yoda is so much more competent as you state because?

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
...because he's the greatest swordsman of his era? Because he's noted as arguably the greatest swordsman to have ever lived? because he disarmed Darth Sidious?

Kotor3

UltimateAnomaly

FreshestSlice
Out of curiosity where do you put Revan in terms of the great swordsman of Star Wars?

Not even close.

Revan was at war as Revan for five yearsish.

Revan is known for Force proficiency as well as Precog, not sabers. Since he can only use Precog here, Dooku stomps. His saber feats are just more impressive.

DarthAnt66
Saying it is a "stomp" is ridiculous. Dooku didn't slaughter Savage...you think he can do the same with Revan? No way.
However there is no denying Dooku wins. It would be a Kenobi vs Dooku type match, not a Padawan vs Dooku which you are all foolishly suggesting.
I recommend reading this: http://www.comicvine.com/profile/darthant66/blog/revans-lightsaber-abilities-overview/97613/

Kotor3
Yeah I got it. Revan is known for Force proficiency. Even though every cut scene and picture shows him using his saber, I guess everyone is just assuming that Revan did not win his battles using his saber.

Isn't Kun, Sidious, Dooku to name a few known for there Force proficiency?

I do recall Dooku using the force quite often in battle. Right, most of Revan's battles were against weak no name sith.

You talk about making baseless assumptions.

DarthAnt66
Revan is a master at chaining is lightsaber attacks with his Force prowess, as demonstrated against the Imperial Guard. With the further aid of precognition, he is extremely powerful, and among the best in the mythos, a fact stated in various canonical sources.

However with that being said, he is unable to rely on the Force to give him and advantage over opponents, besides precognition. Dooku is recognized as among the best duelists in the mythos, and while Revan shares great feats, to think he can overcome someone on Dooku's level is not realistic. Though he will undoubtedly press Dooku, and if both contestants have the Force available to them in a fight, the outcome would differ.

Kotor3

UltimateAnomaly
Except it won't. Because as good as Revan might be when it comes to war, and deflecting blasters and such, his saber experience is less than that of Dooku.

Dooku will win with sabers each and every time.

DarthAnt66
Unlikely. Revan's unorthodox style and precognition which even puts the Echani in a daze will probably allow him to get a few victories. Dooku is destined to get the bigger bulk though.

Kotor3
His saber experience is less than that of Dooku.

This is based on?

UltimateAnomaly
This is based on?

It speaks for itself, honestly. Through the Clone Wars he's fought rather hardcore opponents, who are beyond the level of someone like Malak.

Revan cannot state the same.

Don't get me wrong, I think Revan is awesome and he's one of my favorite characters, I just don't see him outright winning the majority of his fights with Dooku. Who has more saber-to-saber experience than Revan where it counts.

DarthAnt66
Ventress, Opress, and Kenobi are not amped!Malak's superior.
Skywalker and Yoda are though.

UltimateAnomaly
It'd help if we knew what Revan we're going with here. I mean is this KOTOR Revan, or Revan Reborn?

Nephthys
Originally posted by DarthAnt66

Agreed.

Of course, Revan did kick amped!Malak's ass a half dozen times in a row after fighting through an army.

DarthAnt66
Nah, he kicked his ass 9 times, not 6. wink

Nephthys
Theres not really a way to prove that.

DarthAnt66
There were 8 stasis pods, not 6. :/

Kotor3

Nephthys
I mean theres no way to prove Revan didn't kill a few of the Jedi before Malak drained them.

Kotor3
It'd help if we knew what Revan we're going with here. I mean is this KOTOR Revan, or Revan Reborn?

Whatever their primes are to you.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Nephthys
I mean theres no way to prove Revan didn't kill a few of the Jedi before Malak drained them.
Ah, true. However no canonical sources say he did, and all say Malak drained the Jedi. So even if he did, Malak would have still replenished himself a lot.

Emperordmb
I'm going with Dooku here.

Lord Stark
Originally posted by carthage
Dooku SLAUGHTERHOUSE

thumb up For once I agree.

DarthAnt66
Ha. Like he "slaughterhoused" Kenobi or Savage... thumb up
Oh wait, he didn't.

Lord Stark
Ha. Like he "slaughterhoused" Kenobi or Savage... thumb up
Oh wait, he didn't.

What? Are you serious? He nearly killed Kenobi with Anakin as support on the Pyke planet.

And Kenobi-level swordsmanship is as much as I'd be willing to give Revan with his feats, and that's being very generous.

DarthAnt66
Exactly, but he didn't. He didn't even kill Kenobi, let alone slaughter him.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7h_wnWlk518
And for what its worth, Kenobi beats Dooku via cutscene in that new Clone Wars game. wink

Lord Stark
Exactly, but he didn't. He didn't even kill Kenobi, let alone slaughter him.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7h_wnWlk518
And for what its worth, Kenobi beats Dooku via cutscene in that new Clone Wars game. wink

This is directly contradicted by the T-canon source which does not mention Dooku's attack on Kenobi, nor does it show any visible damage to his command ship.

Further contradicted by Dooku being at the Separatist Fleet Rendezvous point. wink

DarthAnt66
Does it contradict it? Wookieepedia describes it as "The duel between Obi-Wan Kenobi and Count Dooku based during the episode Shadow of Malevolence. In the level, while Anakin Skywalker and his forces fight the Malevolence, Dooku attacks Obi-Wan's ship and attacks Kenobi. After a long duel, Obi-Wan defeats Dooku, but is forced to leave the clone troopers to watch Dooku as he goes with Anakin to fight the Malevolence. Dooku kills the clones and escapes."

Based off this, it doesn't contradict anything. Dooku could have then escaped back to the Separatist Fleet Rendezvous. Regardless, my point stands Kenobi has never been slaughtered by Dooku.

Lord Stark
Does it contradict it? Wookieepedia describes it as "The duel between Obi-Wan Kenobi and Count Dooku based during the episode Shadow of Malevolence. In the level, while Anakin Skywalker and his forces fight the Malevolence, Dooku attacks Obi-Wan's ship and attacks Kenobi. After a long duel, Obi-Wan defeats Dooku, but is forced to leave the clone troopers to watch Dooku as he goes with Anakin to fight the Malevolence. Dooku kills the clones and escapes."

Based off this, it doesn't contradict anything. Dooku could have then escaped back to the Separatist Fleet Rendezvous. Regardless, my point stands Kenobi has never been slaughtered by Dooku.

No he can't. When Malevolence is hit Dooku contacts Grievous about sending him Padme. He'd literally have to be in two places at once.

DarthAnt66
Padme is not even in "Shadow of Malevolence." :/
You are referring to "Destroy Malevolence."

FreshestSlice
Not that this matters, since Revan used the Force during their duel. I doubt even Revan is better than Malak in pure sabers.

Lord Stark
Padme is not even in "Shadow of Malevolence." :/
You are referring to "Destroy Malevolence."

Yes, literally right after the Malevolence gets hit in Destroy Malevolence begins...this is exactly when Dooku contacts him. Also they don't board Malevolence because it can only be destroyed from the inside...they meet above Kenobi's flagship and board it because Padme is aboard.

Also this is the same game that has Anakin kick Dooku into the Sarlaac Pitt.

Nephthys
Obi-Wan doesn't even beat Dooku in lightsabers in that game. He beats him with the Force.

Which is... even more ridiculous. erm

Lord Stark
Originally posted by Nephthys
Obi-Wan doesn't even beat Dooku in lightsabers in that game. He beats him with the Force.

Which is... even more ridiculous. erm

Its gross inconsistencies like this which make me appreciate just how justified LucasArts was in redefining canon.

Also that shit's n-canon. There are far too many inconsistencies in the game's plot.

NewGuy01
I don't see any inconsistencies. If Galen Marek and Boba Fett can survive the Saarlac, I don't see why Dooku couldn't.

So Obi-Wan has had a win against Dooku during his career. Good, he needed such redemption.

TheDarthBoy
Excuse me but Revan is awesome no doubt about that

but in STRICT Sabers ill give it to Dooku by a margin. Because he wasnt that expanded upon.......i f/cking hate that book

ill have an autopsy topic on *cough cough* popular but underdeveloped or underlooks sith lords in the EU.

NewGuy01
Oh boy, another one of that type.

Lord Stark
Originally posted by NewGuy01
I don't see any inconsistencies. If Galen Marek and Boba Fett can survive the Saarlac, I don't see why Dooku couldn't.

So Obi-Wan has had a win against Dooku during his career. Good, he needed such redemption.

Aside from Dooku being confirmed out of system during Destroy Malevolence? Yeah there are plenty. Also it directly contradicts the film which shows Anakin leave without kicking Dooku int the Sarlacc. Sorry, there's no way that this is canon.

NewGuy01
Oh, I thought you were talking about a separate Anakin vs Dooku encounter.

Lord Stark
No, also I just watched Shadow of Malevolence, Kenobi's warships only arrive after Anakin cripples the warship. They also arrive from hyperspace...so there's no way Dooku could have ambushed them. When the warships do arrive it immediately cuts to the bridge where Kenobi's is standing, no Dooku. They have to board the Malevolence not to destroy it, but to save Padme. There is literally no time where Kenobi could have dueled Dooku.

N-canon.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.