Savage Opress vs. Kas'sim

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Force, sabers, all out

Battle takes place in the Lehon temple.

WildBantha88
Kas'im no doubt

carthage
Yeah sure.

Considering how he got his ass handed to him by a pre prime Bane.

Opress will steam roll him, and TK him out on the nexus

WildBantha88
Originally posted by carthage
Yeah sure.

Considering how he got his ass handed to him by a pre prime Bane.

Opress will steam roll him, and TK him out on the nexus

First off in the beginning of the fight Bane was winning but not kicking his ass, then Kas'im went jar kai and kicked Banes ass, only dieng because he got buried under a ton of rubble.

Second PoD Bane is not weak. Kas'im is the greatest swordsman in the galaxy, rivaled only by Bane, with ten strikes per second as his speed. And since this is on the nexus, Kas'im has shown great TK feats, casually blasting apart a heavy door and being unaffected by Bane force wave that was strong enough to crumble a temple (only then dieing because of the falling temple) Savages main reason for doing so well in duels is his super human strength, which most people have trouble dealing with, he isn't a skilled swordsman. Kasim dealt with Banes strength no problem and Bane is a 2 meter tall brute who spent his entire life working in a mine. Bane is freaking strong. Admittedly Savage is probably physically stronger than Bane but I still feel Kas'im would be able to deal with it.

So Kas'im is a faster and more skilled swordsman who was resisted a TK wave strong enough to crumble a temple.

Savage is a superhumanly strong brute who main weapons are his strength and his sudden out burst in TK.

Quit clear that Savage looses

carthage
The greatest swordsmen in the galaxy according to an 3rd person quote from Bane (not supported by any feats), if he was so great he was literally losing to a trainee, a trainee who might I add nearly fainted due to the nexus lol

All nexus feats, take Bane off Lehon and the best he could do was break boxes and tents in a campsite lol. That and kill a featless guy like Qoordis. Bane was an unskilled trainee at that point, so Kas'sim getting his ass handed to him shows his lack of skill. Savage fought well against Kenobi and Anakin, and was strong enough to put Savage on his ass.

Kas'sim gets massacred

DarthAnt66
This is why no one takes you seriously. ^

carthage
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
http://cdn.sheknows.com/filter/l/gallery/james_van_der_beek_cry.jpg

Emperordmb
Kas'im takes this. His skill is far more refined, his dueling speed approaches Grievous's, and his telekinetic defense can take anything Savage has to offer in that department.

WildBantha88
The greatest swordsmen in the galaxy according to an 3rd person quote from Bane (not supported by any feats), if he was so great he was literally losing to a trainee, a trainee who might I add nearly fainted due to the nexus lol

All nexus feats, take Bane off Lehon and the best he could do was break boxes and tents in a campsite lol. That and kill a featless guy like Qoordis. Bane was an unskilled trainee at that point, so Kas'sim getting his ass handed to him shows his lack of skill. Savage fought well against Kenobi and Anakin, and was strong enough to put Savage on his ass.

Kas'sim gets massacred

Here are just a few quotes from that camp site scene alone.

"as his first victim toppled over, Bane leapt high in the air towards his next foe, instantly covering the ten meters between them..." 20 RoT

"Bane deflected the incoming bolts with two-handed parries with his lightsaber, flicking them aside with almost casual distain" 21 RoT

"The wave cut a swath of destruction through the camp. Tents were uprooted from the ground, there material torn and shredded. Wooden supply crates exploded into kindling, the shattered contents spraying out in a shower of splintered shrapnel.
The Force Wave slammed into the woman's back, pulverizing her spine and snapping her neck as it drove her face down into the dirt and pinned her against the ground. Her corpse twitched once, then went forever still." 21 RoT

"A dozen forks of blue lightning arced out from above his head to envelope the screaming soldiers, cooking them alive." 21 Rot

TheDarthBoy
No no no I think Savage can give Kasim some sort of trouble, beside he lost to a noob Bane man (which is my least favorite version of him)
and Savage did well against Anakin and Obi until droids interfered.

(i really want to see how that would really go down)
Also savage has raw force power that in my opinion exceeds Kas sim
however it doesnt mean kas sim wont simply out smart or dodge the attack remebur over all savage is a "Brute" but can be resourceful when the need calls. example when he fought Plo Koon.

So im conflicted here is a Brute that can use some his smarts with RAW force power against An awesome duelist with some force powers (that needs to be explained to me) for now im going with SAVAGE for now key words FOR NOW.
last claim savage lasted longer against sids then the 3 council members did.......yes i timed it.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Kas'im takes this. His skill is far more refined, his dueling speed approaches Grievous's, and his telekinetic defense can take anything Savage has to offer in that department.

Lol, even on a Nexus his speed doesn't approach the General's.

WildBantha88
1. "Noob Bane".....really?
2. He was in full on rage mode in his Anakin/Obi fight, and all he demonstrated in that fight was a lot of raw power. Something "Noob Bane" had plenty of
3. Kas'im resisted a force wave strong enough to topple a temple, I don't think Savage has even that much raw power.
4. Kas'im is much faster and smarter that Savage, no matter how creative Savage gets.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by TheDarthBoy
No no no I think Savage can give Kasim some sort of trouble, beside he lost to a noob Bane man (which is my least favorite version of him)

As a character, I'd say that's the best version of him by far.

carthage
The problem with Bane's telekinetic feats is that the raw strength of his TK on Lehon doesn't match the showings on Ambria. He can break a pillar, lift a massive door, but only destroy crates and tents in a campsite? There is a massive discrepancy in power, most likely due to the nexus that he was affected by causing him to faint.

Savage has telekinetically destroyed droids, sent Kenobi back, and shattered windows off nexus. His TK is more powerful than POD Bane's.

Strength wise he has more feats to choose from as opposed to Bane in that time period. Kas'sim failing to defeat trainee Bane looks terrible compared to Opress driving back Kenobi and Anakin and beating down Dooku with his strength

Nephthys
Originally posted by NewGuy01
As a character, I'd say that's the best version of him by far.

thumb up

NewGuy01
Ambria is a Nexus too, but I think you're referring to Ruusan.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by WildBantha88
1. "Noob Bane".....really?
Agreed. Bane has plenty of accolades in POD, along with some impressive feats.
2. He was in full on rage mode in his Anakin/Obi fight, and all he demonstrated in that fight was a lot of raw power. Something "Noob Bane" had plenty of
Agreed. And I'm pretty sure they were holding back and playing it cautious.
3. Kas'im resisted a force wave strong enough to topple a temple, I don't think Savage has even that much raw power.
Agreed
4. Kas'im is much faster and smarter that Savage, no matter how creative Savage gets.
Let's all be creative!!!: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9C_HReR_McQ

NewGuy01
Oh god, not that again.

carthage
Ambria is a Nexus too, but I think you're referring to Ruusan.

Yeah, my mistake

WildBantha88
The problem with Bane's telekinetic feats is that the raw strength of his TK on Lehon doesn't match the showings on Ambria. He can break a pillar, lift a massive door, but only destroy crates and tents in a campsite? There is a massive discrepancy in power, most likely due to the nexus that he was affected by causing him to faint.

*sigh* I posted you the quotes of that campsite scean. Only destroy tents and crates? He also PULVERIZED A SPINE wit that same move. And lets not forget COOKING PEOPLE ALIVE via FL.

Nephthys
Savage has telekinetically destroyed droids, sent Kenobi back, and shattered windows off nexus. His TK is more powerful than POD Bane's.

Bane did utterly crush Qordis with his TK and was able to overpower Nadd's spell on a giant slab of stone making it nearly immovable with pure TK.

Kas'im is a Sith Lord. Couldn't he just beat Savage with his lightning? no expression

Emperordmb
Oh god, not that again.
That was literally the only reason I responded to his post... so I could bring that up.

TheDarthBoy
Key words for NOW damn......anyway the way he held his own against two veteran duelists which too me keeps him in high praise

Lord Stark
Originally posted by Nephthys
Bane did utterly crush Qordis with his TK and was able to overpower Nadd's spell on a giant slab of stone making it nearly immovable with pure TK.

Kas'im is a Sith Lord. Couldn't he just beat Savage with his lightning? no expression

Is his lightning as powerful as Dooku's?

Nephthys
Probably not. But it would still give him an opening to strike him down. Kas'im isn't fighting Ventress at the same time. He can blast Savage with lightning while getting close then cut his head off before he recovers.

WildBantha88
Originally posted by Lord Stark
Is his lightning as powerful as Dooku's? he was never shown using lightning

Lord Stark
Probably not. But it would still give him an opening to strike him down. Kas'im isn't fighting Ventress at the same time. He can blast Savage with lightning while getting close then cut his head off before he recovers.

You can't just assume he has force lightning though. erm

Nephthys
Why would he not? He's one of the most prominent Sith of his age and he works in a Sith Academy. His students knew Force lightning, so would he.

Lord Stark
Why would he not? He's one of the most prominent Sith of his age and he works in a Sith Academy. His students knew Force lightning, so would he.

If I recall correctly the Emperor's Wrath is also one of the most prominent Sith of his age and yet never displays the usage of Force Lightning. Neither does Scourge for that matter.

Emperordmb
Key words for NOW damn......anyway the way he held his own against two veteran duelists which too me keeps him in high praise
I would respond to this sentence... if it made any sense whatsoever.

NewGuy01
Maul trained Savage for months between seasons four and five, the ability to block Force Lightning was obviously something he would have taught him, considering Dooku is one of their targets.

Evidence besides common sense? In "The Lawless" Maul and Savage were depicted blocking Sidious's Lightning with their sabers in collaborative effort, though in the end the scene was cut for time. It made it to production stages though, they did the initial animations, it can be found online.

TheDarthBoy
I would respond to this sentence... if it made any sense whatsoever.

What im trying to say is when Savage held his own for a decent amount of time against Obi and Anakin tells me more about his skill then other people give him credit for.

Ill also have to agree with NewGuy you cant expect that under mauls timing he wouldnt have ateast trained Savage his brother of all people in the ways of combat.

I guess to many peoples knowledge if its not on a screen or if their isnt some training montage then it didnt happen bullsh/t.

Also im pretty sure if paired against another lightning user he would try to block it with his saber in an amatuerish manner but still a block.

Emperordmb
What im trying to say is when Savage held his own for a decent amount of time against Obi and Anakin tells me more about his skill then other people give him credit for.
Savage is more impressive than most people give him credit for, but Anakin and Obi-wan were largely under performing in that fight. Whether or not they were trying to take him alive, or just being cautious I don't really know. But in Revival Savage is shown as a firm inferior to Maul and Kenobi.

Kas'im has technical mastery of multiple weapons, mastery of all seven forms of combat, and Darth Bane, the guy who glorifies the ancient Sith above the living Sith and spent hours each day in the archives reading about the ancient lords, believed that it was possible that Kas'im could be the greatest duelist whoever lived up to that point.

Ill also have to agree with NewGuy you cant expect that under mauls timing he wouldnt have ateast trained Savage his brother of all people in the ways of combat.
One year of training<<<<<Decades of practice and training spent perfecting every move and sequence of every form.

TheDarthBoy
Savage is more impressive than most people give him credit for, but Anakin and Obi-wan were largely under performing in that fight. Whether or not they were trying to take him alive, or just being cautious I don't really know. But in Revival Savage is shown as a firm inferior to Maul and Kenobi.

Kas'im has technical mastery of multiple weapons, mastery of all seven forms of combat, and Darth Bane, the guy who glorifies the ancient Sith above the living Sith and spent hours each day in the archives reading about the ancient lords, believed that it was possible that Kas'im could be the greatest duelist whoever lived up to that point.

One year of training<<<<<Decades of practice and training spent perfecting every move and sequence of every form.

.............................. rolling on floor laughing ok you got me on that one but jedi are used to taking prisoners anyway but i concur because if were to disagree with the decades of training then that would make me a hypocrite because i still use that theory on darth Krayt.

Then this fight would a medium one with Savage charging in for the kill while Kas sim blocks it skillfully but senses something, he ignores and continues to duel Savage for a brief peroid and realizes that the Zabrak is a bit sloppy in his style but realizes that he knows how to use the blade without injuring himself. After another clash savage unleashes a power swing that knocks Kas sim across the room disarming him of his weapon. Savage then charges at the disarmed sith lord. He dodges his powerful attack and quickly reequips his blade as he dodges savages attacks he tries to subject him to force lighting in which Savage blocks it with difficulty after remembering his ordeal with dooku. Kas sim then uses the trip to trip Savage sending him sliding across the floor. the confuse zabrak begins swinging widly in a fit of blind rage. Kas sim notices that he wont stop yelling and swing kas sim then jumps behind the enraged zabrak and decapitates him him.

It will be win for Kas im but it wont be easy, Kas im might getout with a back injury and a wrist injury on his primary dueling hand but thats it I with some facts given and other analysis shown to me will declare Kas im the winner of this fight

Raptor22
Bad matchup for savage. Kas'sim takes this fairly easily.

TheDarthBoy
i know next time i wont just jump in a vs guns ablazing ill see if the fight is even worthy of one

WildBantha88
i know next time i wont just jump in a vs guns ablazing ill see if the fight is even worthy of one Meow

Emperordmb
Meow
Ruff

TheDarthBoy
Ruff
i dont get it

WildBantha88
i dont get it i bet you get the "D" though.. ooooh!!!!!!!

The Ellimist
Savage got owned by Obi Wan about the same as Kas'im got owned by Bane, and Bane can kill mercenaries while Obi Wan struggled to defeat the Chosen One. Kas'im is too good

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.