MoS Vs Dottie the Asteroid

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
The Last Son of Krypton goes against the vicious life-sucking b*%$#@ from which there is no escape.

Same scenario as Armageddon. 18 days to impact.
Here are my questions to you:

Can Clark get to Dottie on his own or does he need the shuttles and life support?

Can Clark destroy or divert Dottie on his own or will he need to get a nuke up to her and dig the 800 feet to place it?

So basically, how's he get up there and how's he do the job?

jaden101
He's shown to fly into space in MoS more than once. So that isn't an issue. He takes the nuke, flies as fast as he can to the asteroid, smashes or uses heat vision to get his way to the required depth, sets the nuke and leaves.

That covers the possibility than he can't smash up or divert it under his own power.

riv6672
Having not watched the movie in a few months, i recall Clark re entering the atmosphere, but surviving in space for that distance, which i cant find, but given that asteroids hitting earth are going 6-12 MPS, i'd assume it was a fair bit.
As far as tearing it up, Dottie is the size of Texas. I realize this is well, Superman, but even if he could, wouldnt he just be making a bullet into a shotgun blast?

Not down playing Clark, but the logistics here are in no way as simple as he flies up and punches it!

Lestov16
He can do it, but he needs the nuke. He won't be able to stop it on strength alone

jaden101
Originally posted by riv6672
Having not watched the movie in a few months, i recall Clark re entering the atmosphere, but surviving in space for that distance, which i cant find, but given that asteroids hitting earth are going 6-12 MPS, i'd assume it was a fair bit.
As far as tearing it up, Dottie is the size of Texas. I realize this is well, Superman, but even if he could, wouldnt he just be making a bullet into a shotgun blast?

Not down playing Clark, but the logistics here are in no way as simple as he flies up and punches it!

He entered space while getting used to his flying skills, while fighting Zod when they smashed the Wayne Enterprises satellite and also after he punched a hole in the hull of Zod's ship to go and stop Lois' escape pod from crashing. The latter of those he is able to stand talking with the simulation of his father in an unpressurised cabin without having any need to hold his breath etc. It seems he has no issues in that regard.

riv6672
Still a little sketchy to me, but this is just my opinion. Brief exposures dont equal prolonged unprotected deep space journey.

Time Immemorial
Still a little sketchy to me, but this is just my opinion. Brief exposures dont equal prolonged unprotected deep space journey.

The astroid was within our solar system which means he would be exposed to the sun in which he gets his power. If NASA could get there, pretty sure Superman could.

The Last Son of Krypton goes against the vicious life-sucking b*%$#@ from which there is no escape.

Same scenario as Armageddon. 18 days to impact.
Here are my questions to you:

Can Clark get to Dottie on his own or does he need the shuttles and life support?

Can Clark destroy or divert Dottie on his own or will he need to get a nuke up to her and dig the 800 feet to place it?

So basically, how's he get up there and how's he do the job?

Without trying while learning to fly he casually fell through a mountains ,survived a re entry into earth.

He can fly in space and is tougher then the drills shown in armageddon drilling the astroid, and his HV can cut through Alien tech and take down buildings steel and concrete and ice like it was nothing.

He would be traveling a lot faster then those ships to get there as well.

I think he could get it done with or without the nuke.

riv6672
Good point on absorbing solar energy, but there's still a lot of supposition here.
Casually falling through a mountain is a long way off from destroying something Dottie's size bare handed (which if he did would result in huge chunks still going towards earth. I'm guessing you think he could vaporize every bit of it, i think he couldnt. I saw nothing in the movie to make me believe he can vaporize a whole state.), so i still think he'd need the nuke.
You say he can fly in space, i saw him briefly zipping around at satellite height and surviving re entry. Massive durability for sure, but again, nothing to make me think he can go extended periods and distances unprotected.
Superman Returns (bleh) showed him using a ship to come home which can be taken as something to support my point, or prove that he wanted a coffee maker out there, i know...wink
Best scenario i see for Clark is a ride up there, and a brief stay on Dottie with a suit, who's hemet he removes long enough to use HV and drill the hole, drop the nuke and get the heck out of there.

A lot of supposition on my part too, but at 2AM, this was kinda fun!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.