Magnaguard vs random Jedi Knight(PT era)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nalaniel
What do you think?

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
I'll go with magnaguard.

PTforthewin
Jedi, if Nahdaar Veb can easily beat 2 then any jedi could.

Lord Stark
Depends on the Magnaguard honestly.

NewGuy01
The Guard annihilates your average Jedi.

Emperordmb
PT actually has a point here. I'm gonna go ahead and go off the theory that the Magnaguards, like Grievous, also improved throughout the war.

Q99
I think a normal Magnaguard is below, but pretty close, to a normal knight, and above a normal padawan.

NewGuy01
No, it's canonically stated that an IG-100 is more than a match for most Jedi Knights.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by NewGuy01
No, it's canonically stated that an IG-100 is more than a match for most Jedi Knights.
Yeah I think they improved in the war along with Grievous considering that Grievous personally trained them.

NewGuy01
That's actually also canonically supported. The reason that IG-101's were unique was because they had the ability to "learn". This way, their processors allowed them to learn from past battle experiemce, as well as allow Grievous to train them properly.

Q99
Originally posted by NewGuy01

Maybe in skill, which I could buy, but they have inferior weapons, which don't take down/kill as easily as a lightsaber. Better reach and the ability to block lightsabers, sure, but a saber is still the more dangerous.

Nephthys
Not that unique.

PTforthewin
So if Grievous raised an army of magnaguards that match the jedi numbers, the guards would comepletely annihilate the jedi order? That's stupid, the jedi if not PIS would easily destroy a guard with the force.

Q99
Originally posted by PTforthewin
So if Grievous raised an army of magnaguards that match the jedi numbers, the guards would comepletely annihilate the jedi order? That's stupid, the jedi if not PIS would easily destroy a guard with the force.

The Magnaguard can *only* duel, the Jedi have a large number of other advantages. TK can be used for indirect attacks, precog allows one to know where other forces are and prepared, and similar. Plus, Jedi level up to a higher extent than magnaguard can.

If there were an equal number and each side lined up in straitforward duels, the casualties will be extremely nasty. But the non-droid mind allows for a lot of lateral solutions on how to deal with a melee-only force that's not too creative.

Basically Magnaguard utilize the pinnacle of droid technology to compete with Jedi in one and only one area.

PTforthewin
I don't think any type of droid could match the power of the force except maybe HK-47

Q99
The force, no, but the bodies of Jedi can have their own limits.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.