Annihilus vs Vulcan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Insane Titan
Who wins

celeyhyga17
Probably bug

Epicurus
Does Annihilus have the CCR?

Insane Titan
Originally posted by Epicurus
Does Annihilus have the CCR? yeah he has CCR but no Qbands

Supermex
I'm always confused about Annihilus and his cosmic rod..

Does he carry it presently?

Is it a standard weapon he carries like Thor and his hammer?

Stoic
Originally posted by Insane Titan
yeah he has CCR but no Qbands

It may actually be a better match with the CCR than without it for Vulcan at least. I think that he would lose if Anni had the CCR, and be utterly stomped if Anni didn't have it. Let me explain my reasoning. With the CCR Anni would be able to toss energy around, which would give Vulcan more to lock onto, while without the CCR, he would have less to keep him in the fight, and thus get pummeled with no way to retaliate. I think Anni wins either match.

carver9
Vulcan wins without the cosmic rod 8/10.

Stoic
Originally posted by carver9
Vulcan wins without the cosmic rod 8/10.

Nope.

carver9
Originally posted by Stoic
Nope.

No what? You agreed with me in your previous post that Vulcan wins the majority if he doesn't have the rod.

Stoic
No what? You agreed with me in your previous post that Vulcan wins the majority if he doesn't have the rod.

That's not what I said actually. The more power his opponent comes in with the more power he has to use. without much power to latch unto, he becomes less of a threat. It's kind of like placing Magneto in a rubber room.

Magnon
If Annihilus has the CCR, Vulcan wins easily.

Stoic
Originally posted by Magnon
If Annihilus has the CCR, Vulcan wins easily.

You think? The CCR does not tire, and could just outlast him is what I was thinking. What makes you say that it would be easy for either in an energy tug of war?

Magnon
You think? The CCR does not tire, and could just outlast him is what I was thinking. What makes you say that it would be easy for either in an energy tug of war?

Annihilus tires, though, when he's being repeatedly blasted in the head by the CCR.

carver9
That's not what I said actually. The more power his opponent comes in with the more power he has to use. without much power to latch unto, he becomes less of a threat. It's kind of like placing Magneto in a rubber room.

Annihilus is still a blaster though and Vulcan isn't just about controlling energy from Blasters...He can internally attack him as well via his internal energy. Vulcan options are unlimited.

leonidas
with the rod anni would be in trouble. at least in theory. with the q-bands he'd be in a LOT of trouble imo. again, in theory at least. the limits of vulcan's control were never really pushed though and his powers changed some. his first couple appearances--he was utterly beastly. but then he lost some of those early powers, seemingly. i'd say his worst chance would be against anni without either the rod or the bands. if anni has something like either energy source, i could see vulcan giving him complete hell and maybe taking some, though i wouldn't say the majority. base anni would be tougher imo.

Insane Titan
People forgot the rod can absorb energy too, he handled a veteran like Quasar with ease and absorbed the entire quantum zone energies gaining him the Qbands himself

carver9
Originally posted by leonidas
with the rod anni would be in trouble. at least in theory. with the q-bands he'd be in a LOT of trouble imo. again, in theory at least. the limits of vulcan's control were never really pushed though and his powers changed some. his first couple appearances--he was utterly beastly. but then he lost some of those early powers, seemingly. i'd say his worst chance would be against anni without either the rod or the bands. if anni has something like either energy source, i could see vulcan giving him complete hell and maybe taking some, though i wouldn't say the majority. base anni would be tougher imo.

thumb up

Branlor Swift
Annihilus absorbed the q-bands off Quasar. The same guy who Surfer said he was absorbing stars worth of energy off of, and the same Quasar who absorbed Ego's power when it was running through pretty much all of Earth.

Quasar is a far superior energy manipulator than Vulcan. Simply eating him casually kind of goes against Vulcan screwing with him

leonidas
^i'd disagree with that. vulcan has no natural energy for anni to absorb like quasar did. besides, i think the whole quasar thing was PIS--and you know i do not use that term lightly or often. quasar has FAR too many feats for me to believe his punking by anni was anything but. i see a battle between quasar and vulcan going the same way i see a battle between gl and vulcan going--that is, poorly for the energy guys. the ccr allows for more control of energy. better than vulcan's? probably, which is why i said vulcan would lose most of the time. using the quasar feat though isn't ideal imo. that was a crazy high feat for annihilus, and a retarded low for wendel. i'd still say vulcan could give him hell if he had the rod or bands, and vulcan was also strong and tough enough to go h2h with bolt, if not gladiator, another weird showing......

Branlor Swift
Meh I was going to type something up in response, but I'll just condense it and talk in general. If nothing else it shows Annihilus dealing with a far better manipulator which kind of shows an immunity to it even without actually absorbing it in the case of Vulcan. And we know Vulcan can get screwed over if too much energy is coming his way.

Havok/Black Bolt examples. Though the Black Bolt example is a little extreme in terms of durability considering what we've seen.

Not sure entirely what Vulcan energy manipulator skills would do either since he can just absorb any energy back into the rod if something happened.

Plus I believe he was about to absorb the Nova Force from Nova too. Hell didn't the CAR help control the Cosmic Cube?

Vulcan is obviously good, but Annihilus doesn't really have exploitable weaknesses for him, and he has a higher feat of energy manipulation as well. Doesn't seem like a good match up for him to me. Though I'm with you on him vs GL's and the like but I don't know I just don't see him accomplishing much vs Annil. Different strokes I guess

Stoic
Originally posted by Insane Titan
People forgot the rod can absorb energy too, he handled a veteran like Quasar with ease and absorbed the entire quantum zone energies gaining him the Qbands himself

Yep. This is why I said what I said.

Stoic
Annihilus is still a blaster though and Vulcan isn't just about controlling energy from Blasters...He can internally attack him as well via his internal energy. Vulcan options are unlimited.

Anni is also a very strong combatant without the CCR. I'd wager that he could take Vulcan out one on one without anything but fists.

Originally posted by Branlor Swift
Annihilus absorbed the q-bands off Quasar. The same guy who Surfer said he was absorbing stars worth of energy off of, and the same Quasar who absorbed Ego's power when it was running through pretty much all of Earth.

Quasar is a far superior energy manipulator than Vulcan. Simply eating him casually kind of goes against Vulcan screwing with him

Well said.

leonidas
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
Meh I was going to type something up in response, but I'll just condense it and talk in general. If nothing else it shows Annihilus dealing with a far better manipulator which kind of shows an immunity to it even without actually absorbing it in the case of Vulcan. And we know Vulcan can get screwed over if too much energy is coming his way.

Havok/Black Bolt examples. Though the Black Bolt example is a little extreme in terms of durability considering what we've seen.

Not sure entirely what Vulcan energy manipulator skills would do either since he can just absorb any energy back into the rod if something happened.

Plus I believe he was about to absorb the Nova Force from Nova too. Hell didn't the CAR help control the Cosmic Cube?

Vulcan is obviously good, but Annihilus doesn't really have exploitable weaknesses for him, and he has a higher feat of energy manipulation as well. Doesn't seem like a good match up for him to me. Though I'm with you on him vs GL's and the like but I don't know I just don't see him accomplishing much vs Annil. Different strokes I guess

i do get what you're saying, and you may be right. i could see it coming to a tug'o war with the rod, each trying to drain the other's power level. i guess it just depends on who you think could better control the rod. anni doesn't have anything....innate that lets him control the rod iirc. john storm was able to use it wasn't he? so, if it comes down to controlling the rod, it's in vulcan's nature to deal with, while anni has what? lots of practice? it's not like he would drain vulcan's life force i don't think. that's not really historically how he uses the rod. in the past, really all he did was blast with the thing. i could see it as possible that vulcan might be able to wrest control of the rod from annihilus. maybe not all the time, but a couple times anyway. least imo.

Stoic
Originally posted by leonidas
i do get what you're saying, and you may be right. i could see it coming to a tug'o war with the rod, each trying to drain the other's power level. i guess it just depends on who you think could better control the rod. anni doesn't have anything....innate that lets him control the rod iirc. john storm was able to use it wasn't he? so, if it comes down to controlling the rod, it's in vulcan's nature to deal with, while anni has what? lots of practice? it's not like he would drain vulcan's life force i don't think. that's not really historically how he uses the rod. in the past, really all he did was blast with the thing. i could see it as possible that vulcan might be able to wrest control of the rod from annihilus. maybe not all the time, but a couple times anyway. least imo.

The possessor of the rod is it's master though. I see it coming down to a tug of war as well, but the thing here is that Anni wouldn't be getting tired, while Vulcan would eventually begin to show wear and tear. It wouldn't be Anni wrestling directly, but the rod itself. Meanwhile Anni has a strength advantage, if what we saw during his run in with Nova Prime is any indication to his strength level. He was clearly the dominant combatant IMO (I mean during their first run in when Anni was not stunned by the Galactus wave).

Magnon
CCR is an energy emitter/absorber.

Quantum Bands are energy projectors, drawing energy from the "Quantum Zone" and using it for various applications.

Vulcan is an omega-level energy manipulator. Many ppl seem to think he's just an energy emitter/absorber like e.g. Bishop or CCR. But nope. Vulcan's powers do not revolve around absorbing/emitting energy, he's waay more versatile than that. He eats energy emitters/absorbers for breakfast. Vulcan doesn't have to have any energy absorbed within himself to be able to function; it is enough if there's energy present somewhere around him. He can control it all. He can TAKE CONTROL of the energy present in energy emitters/absorbers, and use it against its wielders.

Insane Titan
I personally think the more or less cancel each other out energy absorbing wise etc.

IMO it would come down to physical and Annihilus takes that

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.