Star Trek 3; which villains should they use ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

quanchi112
Which villains should the Trek universe use to commemorate their 50th anniversary.

Firefly218
Darth Vader

It can be a crossover special

playa1258
All-out war with the Klingons with fleets of ships fighting each other. Use General Chang as the leader of the Klingons.

-Pr-
Klingons or the Romulans of that time. Though preferably Klingons.

Really wanna see the buildup in animosity between the two cultures.

BruceSkywalker
Klingons and do them right..

make them the proud warrior race that they are..

quanchi112
I propose the start of an intergalactic fight with the Klingons to only introduce the Borg with all parties coming together to stop this threat. I'd love to see the original crew take on an emotionless foe in the Borg. With the increased budget and for the fiftieth anniversary this would be awesome.

That being said I'll settle for an intergalactic struggle with the Klingons. I just wish J.J. was still directing.

steverules_2
The Borg won't be in it...they're still millions of light years away

Robtard
The Borg could be used. There is precedent set before the alt timeline (First Contact and ST:Enterprise ep "Regeneration"wink and with the new timeline being mostly free, they could easily write in a reason why the Borg are in the Alpha Quadrant in the 23rd century.

IMO, they'll probably go with Klingons (or Klingons and some other race) and build off of Into Darkness.

jaden101
They introduced the Klingons for a reason. After that it'll be the Romulans. Personally I'd rather they steer clear of shit like the Xindi and the Romulans and to a lesser extent the Cardassians(as they had some interesting characters such as Elim Garak and Gul Madred.

I'd like to see John De Lancie as Q again. The Borg and the Dominion are also good options although would take one exceptional piece of writing to bring them in that early.

Robtard
Praxis has already ruptured/exploded in the alt timeline, so I could see the Klingons being extra aggressive and expansive as a plot point if they're the 'villains'.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Robtard
Praxis has already ruptured/exploded in the alt timeline, so I could see the Klingons being extra aggressive and expansive as a plot point if they're the 'villains'.

thumb up

Aye, it would make sense, given how important the moon was.

Robtard
The comic prequel has it that John Harrison (aka Khan)is responsible for the moon exploding while on a mission for Sector 31.

-Pr-
Nice. I like that the people did the research in to the lore.

Esau Cairn
The Borg could be used.

I wanna see Tribbles assimilated by The Borg.

Flyattractor
The Gorn...Definalty the Gorn!

Robtard
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
I wanna see Tribbles assimilated by The Borg.

http://www.tribbletoys.com/items/gallery/product40clg.jpg

quanchi112
Originally posted by steverules_2
The Borg won't be in it...they're still millions of light years away Alt timeline sets up for any possibilities. I for one don't think they will use the Borg but hope they do. I'd love to see Spock interacting and assessing the Borg.

Esau Cairn
http://www.tribbletoys.com/items/gallery/product40clg.jpg

Now I want Quan to make a thread on many Borg Tribbles does it to take to kill Khan...

Darth Martin
Borg

Dude111
I think that would be interesting! (I dont think there WAS ever a major conflict between them)

quanchi112
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Borg Imagine Klingons, Starfleet, Borg and Khan all in the same movie. I doubt that would ever happen but a Nu Trek fan can dream.

-Pr-
They'd have to severely alter the Borg to make it work, tbh.

quanchi112
Originally posted by -Pr-
They'd have to severely alter the Borg to make it work, tbh. They whitewashed Khan so they can do anything.

-Pr-
I never said they could or couldn't. Just that they would have to.

quanchi112
I never said they could or couldn't. Just that they would have to. I feel with a reboot they should change many things. If they didn't change anything I never would have come on board. I just hope Orci keeps the Abrams tempo full steam ahead.

-Pr-
If they did use the borg as unlikely as that is, I just hope they wouldn't **** it up.

quanchi112
If they did use the borg as unlikely as that is, I just hope they wouldn't **** it up. A possibility. If the third one tanks that will kill Nu alternate universe. That can't happen.

-Pr-
Hopefully it doesn't. Star Trek is doing better nowadays because of the new movies; i'd hate to see that momentum stalled.

quanchi112
Hopefully it doesn't. Star Trek is doing better nowadays because of the new movies; i'd hate to see that momentum stalled. I agree. Just think Borg with a big budget. The possibilities are fun to think about. Whatever they do I want an intergalactic conflict that is for sure.

playa1258
Maybe they should change the Borg to some inter-galatic superpower who spans several galaxies and the Trek galaxy is next.

Firefly218
If they do klingons, I hope it's a more personal adventure. Not a star wars esque battle

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Firefly218
If they do klingons, I hope it's a more personal adventure. Not a star wars esque battle

I want them to do the Klingons and do them well..

playa1258

Which would lead to a one-on-one battle, which has been too many times. A war is the way to go.

quanchi112
If they do klingons, I hope it's a more personal adventure. Not a star wars esque battle This is the Nu universe you have the old trek for that. I do not want Trek to suddenly backtrack to boring land.

playa1258
I hope they don't waste the Dreadnaught class, that class of ship is too bad ass to waste.

Firefly218
Originally posted by quanchi112
This is the Nu universe you have the old trek for that. I do not want Trek to suddenly backtrack to boring land.

It can still have a awesome action and a great story, but imo they should have this movie be more personal with Kirk and the Crew.

War between humans and klingons should be the backdrop of the movie, not the focus.

Wonder Man
Klingon war would be good.

quanchi112
It can still have a awesome action and a great story, but imo they should have this movie be more personal with Kirk and the Crew.

War between humans and klingons should be the backdrop of the movie, not the focus. Into Darkness was personal as well to fit your criteria. I don't want them to shy away from the action.

playa1258
In the Original timeline Kirk was respected by the Klingons for his combat ability. They should explore that in the next film.

quanchi112
Originally posted by playa1258
In the Original timeline Kirk was respected by the Klingons for his combat ability. They should explore that in the next film. All about Spock in terms of combat thus far from the Enterprisr crew. Well, sulu was badass but they didn't I've him any time to shine in the second film.

playa1258
Kirk was doing pretty good in hth in the second film. I would like to see Spock toss some Klingons around like in TSFS.

Firefly218
Originally posted by quanchi112
Into Darkness was personal as well to fit your criteria. I don't want them to shy away from the action.

thumb up

I loved Into Darkness

quanchi112
Kirk was doing pretty good in hth in the second film. I would like to see Spock toss some Klingons around like in TSFS. Kirk is nowhere near as formidable as Spock.

-Pr-
In the Original timeline Kirk was respected by the Klingons for his combat ability. They should explore that in the next film.

Aye; in ship to ship combat, Kirk was considered the most capable warrior in the entire Federation. And he wasn't half bad with his fists either.

BruceSkywalker
Other than the Klingons I would not mind them doing a brand new villain that is capable of bringing down the Federation and perhaps could be redeemed in a future sequel..

-Pr-
if they make it a soulless action movie and don't have some sort of character arc to it, it's going to get shit on by critics, and it isn't going to get good reviews.

A balance has to be found to keep the series going strong, imo.

DARTH POWER
And he wasn't half bad with his fists either.

2 legged kick FTW every time.

-Pr-
KIRK-FU!

quanchi112
if they make it a soulless action movie and don't have some sort of character arc to it, it's going to get shit on by critics, and it isn't going to get good reviews.

A balance has to be found to keep the series going strong, imo. The first two films had balance but the only question is if Orci can deliver the goods.

Robtard
Aye; in ship to ship combat, Kirk was considered the most capable warrior in the entire Federation. And he wasn't half bad with his fists either.

Indeed. But Kirk was a tornado in H2H as well with his unconventional tactics (eg flying ass attack) and legendary damage soak.

quanchi112
Thank heavens the Nu Trek universe doesn't use the horrific fight choreography they used to in the older universe. The older Kirk looked godawful in his fights and so untrained it was rather humorous. Thank The Lord that has been changed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.