Name characters who could mind rape Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

KuRuPT Thanosi
who do you think could get the job done

tkitna
I'm having a hard time coming up with anybody, but it ought to be fun waiting for a DC fan to come around stating that Martian Manhunter would be able to.

Badabing
Batman and Hulk. thumb up

I can't come up with any recent high end mind control feats. I know Galactus and Odin were mind fencing a while back.

Are we talking pure mind powers, or magic and tech too. Does Thanos have to rely on his inherent mental abilities only or can he use other devices?

Stoic
I don't know who would win nor do I care, but I would love to see a showdown between Thanos, and the Shadow King on the Astral Plane.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Psycho Pirate

Stoic
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
Psycho Pirate

Do you really believe that he could twist Thanos' noodle? I mean keep in mind that Thanos resisted universal forces that threatened to tear his mind, body, and soul apart. It didn't even phase him, he just rode it out like he was on a trip to get some booty.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Originally posted by Stoic
Do you really believe that he could twist Thanos' noodle? I mean keep in mind that Thanos resisted universal forces that threatened to tear his mind, body, and soul apart. It didn't even phase him, he just rode it out like he was on a trip to get some booty.

Thanos is emotionally unstable, he is an emo. So yes, but rather PC PP.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Badabing
Batman and Hulk. thumb up technically hulk did just by legend alone since thanos shuddered at the thought of engaging power gem champ, it's the same as not wanting to play a money game of 1-on-1 with dwayne wade cause his game is reminiscent of magic johnson

Starlin approved

Stoic
Thanos is emotionally unstable, he is an emo. So yes, but rather PC PP.

Don't take this the wrong way, but PC doesn't really apply unless otherwise stated, plus how can anyone consider Pre Crisis feats admissible, with so many contradictions plaguing that moronic era of comics? I mean those were the days of Captain Carrot and the Zoo Crew, Mighty Mouse, Popeye.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Don't take this the wrong way, but PC doesn't really apply unless otherwise stated, plus how can anyone consider Pre Crisis feats admissible, with so many contradictions plaguing that moronic era of comics? I mean those were the days of Captain Carrot and the Zoo Crew, Mighty Mouse, Popeye.

No worries Pal. But the thread starter asked for opinions, I gave one, PC or not, I don't think he meant us to limit ourselves.
I like the Zoo Crew TBH big grin .

Insane Titan
None

Time Immemorial
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
who do you think could get the job done

Beyonder

Decimus
Charles Xavier clears this with a wave of his hand ...

Galan007
Odin. ermmgrin

"Id"
Thanos with mind gem

golem370
Moondragon could't so I doubt Xavier she had the mind gem

StiltmanFTW
Mentallo.

stick out tongue

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by Decimus
Charles Xavier clears this with a wave of his hand ...

Odd considering Xavier and moondragon couldn't even read his mind when they both tried together.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Originally posted by Galan007
Odin. ermmgrin

I've always loved your sense of humor big buddy

carver9
Charles Xavier

Insane Titan
Lol at Xavier doing it

golem370
Pheonix Jean Grey?

Rage.Of.Olympus
Odin.

StiltmanFTW
Karma vin

LordofBrooklyn
Hector Hammond.

Close the thread.

Branlor Swift
Xavier can't mind rape Hulk. Hulk gets mind raped by Thanos.

So naturally Carver would think Xavier could do it.

Cosmo, Moondragon, and Mantis couldn't even get into his mind when he was weakened. Xavier isn't do shit all. Though we could bring up the Galactus comparison and see how well Xavier does in comparison to Thanos.

lol at Hammond too.

LordofBrooklyn
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
lol at Hammond too.

Hammond doesn't need your approval!

carver9

Cosmo, Moondragon, and Mantis couldn't even get into his mind when he was weakened. Xavier isn't do shit all. Though we could bring up the Galactus comparison and see how well Xavier does in comparison to Thanos.

lol at Hammond too.

I think Xavier could mind rape Hulk as well.

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by carver9
I think Xavier could mind rape Hulk as well. Here. Not previously or in the future.

Though how would Xavier accomplish this to Thanos?

Galan007
Though how would Xavier accomplish this to Thanos? With his brain. thumb up

StiltmanFTW

lol at Hammond too.

Xavier mind raped Savage Hulk just fine in X-Men First Class.

WWH would've no sold Thanos.

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW

WWH would've no sold Thanos. You know that's not why Carver is repping Xavier.

Doubt it. However Xavier still isn't doing shit to Thanos. He wouldn't even get into his mind in the first place

carver9

thumb up

Estacado
World War Hulk.

Prof. T.C McAbe

WWH > Thanos thumb up

Galan007
Chuck said that he could have telepathically owned every single character on Battleworld(which included Galactus) with a thought:
http://i.imgur.com/mLKJOzo.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/tTXDcHD.jpg

...So that's good enough for me. ermmgrin

Branlor Swift
Chuck said that he could have telepathically owned every single character on Battleworld(which included Galactus) with a thought:

...So that's good enough for me. ermmgrin Funnily enough Carver used this to try and say he could mind rape Galactus before.

LordofBrooklyn
Hammond is superior to Xavier.

Carver Prime approves this message!

Galan007
Funnily enough Carver used this to try and say he could mind rape Galactus before. Wuz he bein srs, doh?

carver9

...So that's good enough for me. ermmgrin

Is this canon?

Branlor Swift
Wuz he bein srs, doh? What do you think?

Is this canon?

Magog
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
Beyonder
Probably the best bet.

Galan007
What do you think? g007_teehee

Is this canon? Yes, Chuck's empty boast in that scene is 100% canon. thumb up

Decimus
Seriously though- Prof X would son Thanos with the HOTU then using his thoughts which are infinitely ftl and Zoom's manipulation of space/time then go onto defeat the LT with Stan Lee's cock as a sword.

TheLordofMurder
Theorectically, Peak Power Onslaught could do it...

But to be on the safe side, I'd say anyone beyond High Skyfather could pull it off 10/10...

TheLordofMurder
Originally posted by Time Immemorial
Beyonder

That is tremendous overkill...

No need to go that high...

deathslash
Soulfire Darkseid

Rao Kal El
Emperor Joker will have him watching his game and drinking suds

Or the Myx twins

carver9
g007_teehee

Yes, Chuck's empty boast in that scene is 100% canon. thumb up

Honestly think Marvel see Charles in a different light than other writers did back during those times. Chuck TP has been getting a lot of praise lately.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Martian Manhunter smile

"Id"
Onslaught has a fair chance.

batdude123
Originally posted by psycho gundam
it's the same as not wanting to play a money game of 1-on-1 with dwayne wade cause his game is reminiscent of magic johnson

Those two are nothing alike.

Galan007
Honestly think Marvel see Charles in a different light than other writers did back during those times. Chuck TP has been getting a lot of praise lately. That particular scene/statement is almost 4 years old.

LordofBrooklyn
TAO.

Thanos is doomed!

StiltmanFTW
Honestly think Marvel see Charles in a different light than other writers did back during those times. Chuck TP has been getting a lot of praise lately.

http://i59.tinypic.com/313p0n7.jpg

LordofBrooklyn
http://i59.tinypic.com/313p0n7.jpg

That was wrong.

But it sure was funny. cool

KuRuPT Thanosi
Martian Manhunter smile

This must be a joke... He would have ZERO chance to do so.. In fact, he's more likely to get mindraped by Thanos than the other way around.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Xavier also couldn't do it.. when he couldn't even read Thanos' mind with the help of Moondragon... How the hell could he do it alone?

Odin also likely couldn't do it at all.. Thanos performed better at trying to mindrape Galactus than Odin did.

Delta1938
Aquaman.....as a baby. devil

Epicurus
Funnily enough Carver used this to try and say he could mind rape Galactus before.
Not just carver.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Xavier also couldn't do it.. when he couldn't even read Thanos' mind with the help of Moondragon... How the hell could he do it alone?

Odin also likely couldn't do it at all.. Thanos performed better at trying to mindrape Galactus than Odin did.

Why? Under Starlin of all people, Odin's telepathic might seemed to be on a completely different level in Blood and Thunder.

Not sure why you wouldn't use that story as its a much more direct comparison.

Does anyone have scans of Thanos vs. Galactus? Been a while and I don't remember him doing that well.

Epicurus
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
Does anyone have scans of Thanos vs. Galactus? Been a while and I don't remember him doing that well.
Galactus repelled him from his mind the moment he tried to entrap Galactus' consciousness in psionic tendrils, and Thanos had assistance from Moondragon.

From what I recall, Odin's telepathic stalemate lasted a tad bit longer than Thanos' assisted assault.

Epicurus
This must be a joke... He would have ZERO chance to do so.. In fact, he's more likely to get mindraped by Thanos than the other way around.
J'onn has had the Spectre at his mercy more than once, so it's not completely out of the picture.

Don't confuse the forum "Manjobber" for the comic book MMH. He has insane tp feats which put him beyond the level of people like Xavier, probably as a peer of some like Cassandra Nova.

Delta1938
Originally posted by Epicurus
J'onn has had the Spectre at his mercy more than once, so it's not completely out of the picture.

More than once? I only recall an instance in JLA. What's the other example? Or more than one other?

Epicurus
Originally posted by Delta1938
More than once? I only recall an instance in JLA. What's the other example? Or more than one other?
In a Martian Manhunter comic, with the Jim Corrigan version.

Delta1938
In a Martian Manhunter comic, with the Jim Corrigan version.

Issue reference? I dunno if I missed it, forgot, or it was in one of the other runs outside the longest(have the other series, but only read the longest running one).

Epicurus
Originally posted by Delta1938
Issue reference? I dunno if I missed it, forgot, or it was in one of the other runs outside the longest(have the other series, but only read the longest running one).
Somewhere between 20-25. Don't recall the volume, but that feat definitely struck out in my mind.

It wasn't a mindrape per se, it was more like he was scanning his mind for some info. And he was apparently doing it against Corrigan-Spectre' will.

Delta1938
Somewhere between 20-25. Don't recall the volume, but that feat definitely struck out in my mind.

It wasn't a mindrape per se, it was more like he was scanning his mind for some info. And he was apparently doing it against Corrigan-Spectre' will.

That would be the series I read. Doesn't need to be a mind rape, probing someone like him is still pretty uber.

KuRuPT Thanosi
Galactus repelled him from his mind the moment he tried to entrap Galactus' consciousness in psionic tendrils, and Thanos had assistance from Moondragon.

From what I recall, Odin's telepathic stalemate lasted a tad bit longer than Thanos' assisted assault.

Actually it wasn't the instant he tried... It was actually entangling him more and more and then he repelled him. The expression on Galactus' face seemed like he was in trouble.. the oh shit look. Odin never made Galactus give such a look nor was he shown almost pulling it off like Thanos was

Thanos had no assistance in the offensive rape of Galactus... Moondragon simply provided the Astral Plane.. Nothing more. She wasn't assisting him when he was initially overpowering Galactus

KuRuPT Thanosi

Don't confuse the forum "Manjobber" for the comic book MMH. He has insane tp feats which put him beyond the level of people like Xavier, probably as a peer of some like Cassandra Nova.

Spectre has so many low showings it's almost not worth mentioning somebody beating him.. ESPECIALLY that version.

If Cosmo... Mantis and Moondragon couldn't even get in his mind let alone mind rape a WEAKENED Thanos.. it's safe to say MM isn't doing it. SHit, moondragon with the Gem is above MM and she couldn't even look into his mind.. but he broke past her barriers with the Gem and looked into hers. That says a lot

Stoic
g007_teehee

Yes, Chuck's empty boast in that scene is 100% canon. thumb up

If I recall correctly Xavier tried to enter Galactus' mind during the Secret Wars, and wound up with a headache. He may have been talking about everyone else other than Galactus, Ultron, and perhaps Magneto on that battlefield.

Delta1938
If I recall correctly Xavier tried to enter Galactus' mind during the Secret Wars, and wound up with a headache. He may have been talking about everyone else other than Galactus, Ultron, and perhaps Magneto on that battlefield.

He was unable to probe past Galactus' passive telepathic defenses with Magneto's help(drawing from Magneto's limited telepathy for a boost). It was Magneto's arrogance induced anger at being a gnat that allowed them to get Galactus' attention at all. So that scan would be what you said, an intentional retcon, or the author simply didn't know what he was doing.

Epicurus
^It was more likely the latter.

Especially since this isn't the first time Chuck has spectacularly failed to penetrating the mind of a below average Galactus.

abhilegend

Spectre owned J'onn in that scene.

http://imgur.com/SfX7d8Z
http://imgur.com/dWvA6Rb

And as explained in the series by Phantom Stranger, the Spectre J'onn probed earlier was functioning at half power since the golden age effectively retconning all his low showings before that.

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/3624/martianmanhunter23p16.jpg

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.