Anakin (RotS) vs. Zannah (DoE) SABERS ONLY

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

King Joker
Who would win? Takes place on an open plain. Sabers only, because I think we all know Anakin would get ****ed up the ass by Zannah's illusions.

Nephthys
Zannah

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Skywalker ftw.

Emperordmb
Zannah, Anakin's willpower and insecurities don't mark him as someone who could overcome the illusions. And unlike Bane, Anakin won't be expecting any illusions.

Edit: OH SHIT!!! FORGOT TO READ THE OP

Nephthys
It says SABERS ONLY in the title. erm

King Joker
It's in caps in the title, too...

Lord Stark
Anakin takes this if its sabers only.

Emperordmb
yeah yeah I know... I ****ed up there

King Joker
So then what's your opinion?

Emperordmb
Originally posted by King Joker
So then what's your opinion?
It would definitely be a long and drawn out fight. I honestly don't know.

Nephthys
So you don't agree that Zannah is as fast as Bane?

DarthAnt66
No one agrees but you on that. erm

TheDarthBoy
Originally posted by DarthAnt66

This any way ill say Pre suit vader. why because of zannahs way of soresu is alittle less than Obi wans version of it since theirs no Mustafaar or lava hehehehe pre suit will take this fight.

Edit:Also his physical attribute trumps hers by a milestone.
The way he uses a saber is strong and fast. he might end up disarming her in the duel....

Nephthys
Originally posted by DarthAnt66

No one has offered an actual argument against that though. Mostly they've just tried to downplay Bane's speed. Zannah was able to react to everything Bane threw at her and is even noted to be intercepting his attacks "easily".

FreshestSlice
Vader in the suit is better than Vader out of it.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Nephthys
No one has offered an actual argument against that though. Mostly they've just tried to downplay Bane's speed. Zannah was able to react to everything Bane threw at her and is even noted to be intercepting his attacks "easily".
Zannah can defend against Bane's speed. But Bane is faster than her.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by TheDarthBoy
This any way ill say Pre suit vader. why because of zannahs way of soresu is alittle less than Obi wans version of it since theirs no Mustafaar or lava hehehehe pre suit will take this fight.

Edit:Also his physical attribute trumps hers by a milestone.
The way he uses a saber is strong and fast. he might end up disarming her in the duel....
Bane didn't end up disarming her when they dueled...

Nephthys
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Zannah can defend against Bane's speed. But Bane is faster than her.

I swear, at one point I'm gonna point out all the times Zannah shows similar speed to Bane in the book. When I stop being lazy.

DarthAnt66
So....never.

Nephthys
I'm gonna make that Bounty Hunter respect thread eventually!

DarthAnt66
"I'm gonna make that Bounty Hunter respect thread eventually!"
http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120423121243/spongebob/images/thumb/4/45/75_yrs_later.JPG/320px-75_yrs_later.JPG
*No Bounty Hunter respect thread in sight*

PTforthewin
Make a Bossk respect thread

TheDarthBoy
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Bane didn't end up disarming her when they dueled...

She knew his strikes and how they work. also Anakin or pre suit has thing for making harder than usual saber strikes.

example its like knowing this boxer will throw a hard right left combo youve studied under him for years and when he aplplys his way of hard hitting you find a way to dodge it and block it better than the average opponent.

Zannah is may be walking into a form v expert like her master but he uses it differently.
Not every one uses the form the same way their is always their way of using the form for thier uses and principles.

Anakin is a hard hitter like bane but he might swing his blade in way that may appear as a surprise to her and might be uncomfortable manner. Combine with the different way of his style she will still end up tripping because of her lack focus on the dueling ground.

ROTS anakin will take advantage and kill her faster.

Pre suit fight might take longer via blind rage and emotional state of mind in the end i dont see Zannah taking this in strictly sabers.

Hell she knew she couldnt face bane with full on sabers for along time she HAD to resort to her sorcery i wont bash her for being resourceful but this
is all blade work and all she can do against a pist off Anakin or Clear minded ROTS anakin is prolong he inevitable defeat.

Also if that fight in book was striclty sabers she would have not only lost a rib or 2 but her life as well

TheDarthBoy
im typing up my sith autopsy on darth malak now

Emperordmb
Originally posted by TheDarthBoy
She knew his strikes and how they work. also Anakin or pre suit has thing for making harder than usual saber strikes.

example its like knowing this boxer will throw a hard right left combo youve studied under him for years and when he aplplys his way of hard hitting you find a way to dodge it and block it better than the average opponent.

Zannah is may be walking into a form v expert like her master but he uses it differently.
Not every one uses the form the same way their is always their way of using the form for thier uses and principles.

Anakin is a hard hitter like bane but he might swing his blade in way that may appear as a surprise to her and might be uncomfortable manner. Combine with the different way of his style she will still end up tripping because of her lack focus on the dueling ground.

ROTS anakin will take advantage and kill her faster.

Pre suit fight might take longer via blind rage and emotional state of mind in the end i dont see Zannah taking this in strictly sabers.

Hell she knew she couldnt face bane with full on sabers for along time she HAD to resort to her sorcery i wont bash her for being resourceful but this
is all blade work and all she can do against a pist off Anakin or Clear minded ROTS anakin is prolong he inevitable defeat.

Also if that fight in book was striclty sabers she would have not only lost a rib or 2 but her life as well
Bane had been holding back in their training matches, and utilized moves and maneuvers Zannah had never seen before in their final duel. Plus, Bane is a far more unpredictable opponent than Anakin, as a result of his mastery of Juyo, his unique weapon, his unpredictable tactics, and his frequenting of the inertia power.

Another thing, Bane also favored the usage of power blows in combat, used his two meter height for leverage, had a lightsaber hilt that increased his effectiveness with power blows, and was strong enough to tear a durasteel door off of its hinges while drugged. Bane also possessed an ability that could alter his momentum and inertia, which would put even more of a punch behind his power blows. I find it highly unlikely that Anakin could disarm her if she kept her grip on her saber against Bane.

Now finally let's take a direct look at Zannah. Zannah's technique is to keep her blades spinning to keep up their momentum, so they may bat away and redirect powerblows. This is a technique that would be highly effective against power duelists. Wrist strength is a necessity for Zannah's fighting style, so with that built up wrist strength in mind it is even more unlikely that Zannah would be disarmed, especially when you consider the two-handed grip required by the specifications of her chosen weapon.

With all of this in mind, it becomes increasingly obvious that Zannah will not be disarmed by Anakin's power blows.

The notion that Zannah is going to trip in every duel she is placed in is also fallacious. As shown earlier in her final duel with Bane, she recognized the threat posed by some of her environment, but could not focus on the environment enough to take notice of the uneven ground, something that happened as a result of her already stretched focus from preparing her sorcery. Given that this is a sabers only match, Zannah is not distracted by the task of preparing her sorcery, and the likelihood that she will trip becomes drastically reduced.

Even when she did trip in her duel with Bane, she still managed to give up while he rained down a furious assault on her, albeit with injury. However, Anakin has demonstrated neither the ferocity or prowess in unarmed combat to achieve similar results and injure Zannah in that matter.

Now with those little misconceptions out of the way, let's look at the overall outcome of this fight. I see two possible outcomes happening. The first outcome ends in victory for Anakin, and the second ends in victory for Zannah.

If Anakin manages to pressure Zannah with his offensive, and not slip up or leave any openings, he would eventually cut her down. If Ankakin manages to keep a clear head, he could very well take this.

However if Anakin gets cocky, or reckless, or fatigued, or emotionally unbalanced in a way that causes him to leave an opening, Zannah could exploit it and cut him down. A common misconception about Zannah is that she is not capable of any effective strikes. The truth is that Zannah is not comfortable pressing an offensive, but she is still more than capable of offensive strikes and maneuvers whenever her opponent leaves an opening for her to exploit, as demonstrated against Set Harth when she casually stomped him, recognizing a dozen openings she could've easily exploited.

So really this duel is not the shitstomp you are making it out to be and could very well go either way.

Nephthys
thumb up

(Other than it going either way. Zannah wins)

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Nephthys
thumb up

(Other than it going either way. Zannah wins)
I'm planning on making an interesting fighting styles post for her very soon, because she is grossly underrated as a duelist.

TheDarthBoy
funny i just did one for malak cuz i felt the exact same way about him as a duelist

Edit you have a point on the Anakin getting cocky thing i like that, he always felt he was the greatest, so maybe it might go either way to me this fight depends on Anakins emotion rather than raw skill.

He has the skill but does he have mentality to carry out such a long duel.
this is all on how you see his mood now

Is he in TEH zone like Dooku

Is he in the state as he was in the temple

Or was just a plain f/cking lunatic on mustafaar.

So yeah this can got either way. Im still leaning towards anakin in the sabers department.

TheDarthBoy
Also the misconception of her just focusing on the duel and just loosing her footing and tripping is just comical everytime i reread that page i just burst out laughing i cant help it. but i see your point tho..........................................Its still funny as hell tho because really a dark lady fighting in a nexus in the best fight of her life trips................... over............ a corpse. its still funny and here i thought the jedi had..........(puts glassess on) Perfect balance smokin' YEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Raptor22
Gonna go with anakin here. Her skill and style will make it a long hard fight but I haven't see her display enough offensively for her to win a sabers only fight against an opponent of anakins caliber. Throw in force powers and I'd give her the win though.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.