How long did the 501st legion remain "pure"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

PTforthewin
It is stated by The Clone veteran that the 501st still remained pure (by pure I mean fully composed of battle hardened jango clones) by the time of the battle of yavin, and many of the 501st where killed on the first Death Star, the 501st still seemed to be pure by the battle of hoth, when did you think the remaining fett clones died off? I think that most of the stormtroopers on endor where clone troopers since "the finest legion" where on endor, this obviously was the 501st. I think the remaining clones died by the end of the galactic civil war in 19 ABY.

Emperordmb
OK...

The 501st has been confirmed in almost, if not every, successful showing of Stormtroopers in the Original Trilogy, from the capture of the Tantive V, to the battle of Hoth, and the takeover of Cloud City.

Those sad sacks of shit that got massacred by Ewoks on Endor have not been confirmed as the 501st, and until they are I refuse to acknowledge them as such given the extensive proof to the contrary.

First of all, Vader was not present with them, something that clearly seems to define their identity as "Vader's fist."

Going along with that, it is revealed in one of the Thrawn books that the legion on Endor was there waiting for quite a while during the construction of the second Death Star. The 501st is generally meant to be an elite strike force, and I doubt the job of guard duty would suit them very well. In addition, as shown in ROTJ, Vader was still out and about before the battle of Endor. I find it unlikely that Vader's men would be doing guard duty while Vader roams around the Galaxy enforcing the Emperor's will.

And last of all, and I cannot stress how key this is...
THEY GOT MASSACRED BY ****ING EWOKS!!! The 501st does not suck that bad!!!

PTforthewin
Originally posted by Emperordmb
OK...

The 501st has been confirmed in almost, if not every, successful showing of Stormtroopers in the Original Trilogy, from the capture of the Tantive V, to the battle of Hoth, and the takeover of Cloud City.

Those sad sacks of shit that got massacred by Ewoks on Endor have not been confirmed as the 501st, and until they are I refuse to acknowledge them as such given the extensive proof to the contrary.

First of all, Vader was not present with them, something that clearly seems to define their identity as "Vader's fist."

Going along with that, it is revealed in one of the Thrawn books that the legion on Endor was there waiting for quite a while during the construction of the second Death Star. The 501st is generally meant to be an elite strike force, and I doubt the job of guard duty would suit them very well. In addition, as shown in ROTJ, Vader was still out and about before the battle of Endor. I find it unlikely that Vader's men would be doing guard duty while Vader roams around the Galaxy enforcing the Emperor's will.

THEY GOT MASSACRED BY ****ING EWOKS!!! The 501st does not suck that bad!!! to be fare, i think most of the stormtroopers survived from the ewoks, those rocks most likely knocked them out. Plus they where ambushed and after wards the ewoks where getting massacred till chewbacca stole a AT-ST

Kalen Sykes
Originally posted by Emperordmb
OK...

THEY GOT MASSACRED BY ****ING EWOKS!!! The 501st does not suck that bad!!!

I agree that the legion of troops on Endor was most likely not the 501st. I doubt the 501st would lose to feral teddy bears.

PTforthewin
Originally posted by Kalen Sykes
I agree that the legion of troops on Endor was most likely not the 501st. I doubt the 501st would lose to feral teddy bears. the 501st was beaten by umbaran milita for a short time, they where also pwned by Geononisians in the SBOG

Emperordmb
Originally posted by PTforthewin
the 501st was beaten by umbaran milita for a short time, they where also pwned by Geononisians in the SBOG
The umbaran's had very impressive technology, and the Clones were being sent on suicide missions by their temporary dickhead commander, Krell.

Geonosis was also one of the most heavily fortified Separatist planets.

Conversely, the Ewok's had spears and rocks.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.