Give me Cumberbatch or give me death

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

quanchi112
http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Tom-Hardy-Benedict-Cumberbatch-Rumored-Doctor-Strange-43362.html

How can this be a serious question between these two. Watch Into Darkness and realize this Tom lamoid can't measure up to Khan.

-Pr-
I think Cumberbatch would be a better fit, but Hardy is still a really, really good actor imo.

Firefly218
If cumberbatch grows some facial hair, he's perfect. Brilliant actor. I can't see Hardy in the role

Esau Cairn
Originally posted by quanchi112
Watch Into Darkness and realize this Tom lamoid can't measure up to Khan.

Yes, forever stereotype Cumberbatch.

That'll do wonders for his career. roll eyes (sarcastic)

quanchi112
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
Yes, forever stereotype Cumberbatch.

That'll do wonders for his career. roll eyes (sarcastic) I am sure most Hollywood teams are going by every post we make.

smile

Do not be so uptight.

ares834
lol

Two fanboy actors, eh? Both are talented actors and could see either of them pulling it off. Cumberbatch would probably pull it off better.

BruceSkywalker
I just posted this in the appropriate thread lol..

anyway both are great choices... I will see Dr. Strange now if indeed Hardy or Cumberbatch sign on the dotted line..

also you heard it here first, watch Marvel put Strange in Avengers 3

Esau Cairn
I am sure most Hollywood teams are going by every post we make.

smile

Do not be so uptight.

I was referring to your fixation on Khan.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Esau Cairn
I was referring to your fixation on Khan. I make one reference and you can't let it go. Let it go. Just get behind the Cumberbatch train.

Firefly218
let it go. Let it go.

Can't hold it back anymore

http://img1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20131111185131/disney/images/e/ed/Elsa_snow_queen_ice.jpg

marwash22
the obvious choice for Strange is the one true doctor, David Tennant.

NemeBro
Tennant would make a horrible Strange.

marwash22
probably.

wasn't serious. just wanted to bring up Doctor Who... because reasons.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Firefly218
If cumberbatch grows some facial hair, he's perfect. Brilliant actor. I can't see Hardy in the role

What do mean "If" he can grow some facial hair?

here's Benedict with a beard in a movie where he was Van Gogh

5QHxPi4neqo

marwash22
hair is like the least important thing when it comes to casting because it's easily changed with wigs, makeup, etc.

Firefly218
Originally posted by Kazenji
What do mean "If" he can grow some facial hair?

here's Benedict with a beard in a movie where he was Van Gogh

5QHxPi4neqo

I'm not literally saying Marvel should cast him depending on how well he grows facial hair. I'm just saying, Cumberbatch with a god stache and gotee would be perfect. He has the acting talent and the gravitas to carry a movie.

Arachnid1
Cumberbatch always comes off as rude, condescending, and antisocial. That's great, because its part of his charm, but that is not Dr. Strange. It bugs me that he did the same with Sherlock Holmes, who is supposed to be a bit more of a down to earth gentleman. I can see Hardy playing someone like that too, though he doesn't have the looks (but I've been surprised in this area before).

I would like him in the role, but he'd have to tweak his all-knowing genius persona a lot.

Honestly, I'd take either in the role.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Arachnid1
It bugs me that he did the same with Sherlock Holmes, who is supposed to be a bit more of a down to earth gentleman. I'm not sure that's actually true.

Firefly218
Originally posted by NemeBro
I'm not sure that's actually true.

It's pretty true. From reading the original stories, Sherlock seems to be down - to - earth and modest. He solves the cases and let's those fat **** detectives from the Scotland Yard take all credit.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by NemeBro
I'm not sure that's actually true. I was a massive Holmes fan growing up, and I have his complete collection on my kindle right now. It's the impression I've always had of Holmes, anyway.

riv6672
Cumberbatch, Hardy, Tennant, all good choices.
All too young, though.

Hugh Laurie. Dr. Strange made flesh.

Not saying a younger skew wont work; to keep things magical, the upcoming Constantine's about 10+ years younger than he was originally conceived in the comics, but looks to fit the part well.
Still, Dr. Strange always seemed like an elder statesman to me.

Mindship
Definitely Cumberbatch over Hardy, though Cumberbatch, per se, wouldn't necessarily be my first pick. Seems a bit young (they both do, actually). I always pictured Strange as a man at least in his 40s. Eg, Josh Brolin.

riv6672
Thats an interesting choice.

marwash22
Pierce Brosnan.

Epicurus
Am I the only one who noticed a potential pun in the thread title?

"Give me Cumberbatch or give me death!"

Anyways, imo he can have both.

Lestov16
Originally posted by Epicurus

Anyways, imo he can have both.

thumb up

Impediment
Johnny Depp as Strange.

Kazenji
They seem to be leaning more towards Jared Leto for the role.

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Impediment
Johnny Depp as Strange.

Depp would have been a good choice but with his last few films being flops, doubtful Marvel would want him..

They seem to be leaning more towards Jared Leto for the role.

Well Leto did cut his hair and shave his beard to a mustache so that's a good indicator.. Still prefer Cumberbatch though as I feel he can spew out the medical jargon as well as the spells with the greatest of ease.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Epicurus

Anyways, imo he can have both. You jelly.

Kazenji
And if he is are you going to eat him?

WhiteWitchKing
Start diggin!

quanchi112
And if he is are you going to eat him? Quit being immature.

Lord Lucien
vPpYDHQVp9c

Kazenji
Your one to talk in regards to that.

quanchi112
Your one to talk in regards to that. You're.

You're just very ignorant.

Kazenji
You're many other things on top of that.

quanchi112
You're many other things on top of that. I taught you how to use you're properly. Kudos to me.

I'm a amazing, thoughtful, caring, relentless, good looking, strong, well conditioned, intelligent, manipulative, charming, and sexy to women.

Yay me.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.