Darth Maul Vs Count Dooku Vs Darth Vader

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Fated Xtasy
The three apprentices to the dark lord sidious all fighting each other to the death

lightsabers!

force powers!

all-out

PTforthewin
Vader wins

PTforthewin
Vader wins, in force and sabers, and dooku wins all out

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by PTforthewin
Vader wins, in force and sabers, and dooku wins all out

How does that work?

Dooku takes Sabers. Vader takes Force. All out is a toss up between the 2.

Maul loses against either.

Nephthys
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
How does that work?

PT is very stupid is how.

PTforthewin
It was a joke you Special Ed retard.

Nephthys
Special Ed retard? Are you perhaps describing exactly what you're looking for in a man, PT? Because I'm very flattered, but very very not interested.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by Nephthys
Special Ed retard? Are you perhaps describing exactly what you're looking for in a man, PT? Because I'm very flattered, but very very not interested.

lol I like you more every single day Neph, truthfully

PTforthewin
Special Ed retard? Are you perhaps describing exactly what you're looking for in a man, PT? Because I'm very flattered, but very very not interested. Will you marry me?

Nephthys
No.

Emperordmb
I'm going with Vader quite solidly.

WildBantha88
Vader I by far the strongest of the three apprentices. They all seem to be close in sabers though

Emperordmb
Originally posted by WildBantha88
Vader I by far the strongest of the three apprentices. They all seem to be close in sabers though
thumb up

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
By far? ehh...

WildBantha88
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
By far? ehh... Yes by far. The only thing Maul and Dooku can challenge him in is sabers. Vader can handle Dookus lightning and his Tk if miles ahead of either Maul or Dooku

NewGuy01
laughing

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
TK miles ahead? ehh, not really. Maybe Maul, but not Dooku. He's got quite the history of destroying powerful force users with TK, he's lifted like a dozen obelisks with ease, he's thrown down enormous bridges, etc.

NewGuy01
Neither.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Yeah, I was just being modest.

WildBantha88
this is why Vader needs a respect thread because people are loosing faith in him

PTforthewin
this is why Vader needs a respect thread because people are loosing faith in him I will never lose faith in the ultimate badass!

WildBantha88
its a sad day when the only person who agrees with me is PTforthewin

PTforthewin
its a sad day when the only person who agrees with me is PTforthewin hey now your just being *****.

carthage
Vader's TK is more than slightly above Dooku's/

He has collapsed a cathedral, crushed X wings midflight, and crushed massive droids. Dooku's best feat was lifting massive rocks. Hardly comparable to all of Vader's higher end showings.

That being said Vader takes this with mid-high difficulty. Dooku will kill or Vader will, and Vader will take Dooku out while likely sustaining injury in the process

Nalaniel
I'm going with Vader, though I think Dooku would win in sabers. Vader's force powers are incredible.

King Joker
Originally posted by Nalaniel
I'm going with Vader, though I think Dooku would win in sabers. Vader's force powers are incredible.

WildBantha88
I'm going with Vader, though I think Dooku would win in sabers. Vader's force powers are incredible. I think im in love

Emperordmb
I don't think Dooku would win against Vader in a pure saber duel. His performance against Anakin in ROTS where he died suggests that his fighting style is not optimal for fighting one of Vader's immense strength.

Nalaniel
Originally posted by Emperordmb
I don't think Dooku would win against Vader in a pure saber duel. His performance against Anakin in ROTS where he died suggests that his fighting style is not optimal for fighting one of Vader's immense strength.

Well, Vader is physically stronger than Anakin, but I'm not sure if he is as fast as Anakin.

I think im in love

Am I supposed to be afraid now?

King Joker
Very, VERY, afraid! You'll never know when he'll try and take you.

Nalaniel
Great... And I don't like Banthas. >.<

Emperordmb
Great... And I don't like Banthas. >.<
Bantha is love... Bantha is life.

King Joker
No, just... No.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by King Joker
No, just... No.
It's all Bantha now...

Nalaniel
I said I hate Banthas! And love is for the weak ones! T_T

King Joker
You never know what disease they've contracted. Especially a wild one...

Emperordmb
Originally posted by King Joker
You never know what disease they've contracted. Especially a wild one...
Eh, Nalaniel already has her own disease, what with the horns on her head, and the invisible vibrating arms coming out of her back...

King Joker
Rather that than syphilis...

Nalaniel
Hey, my disease is a good one! I mean, I can kill people whenever they piss me off. big grin And the horns are so cute! ^.^

Fated Xtasy
This is TCW Maul by the way or Son Of Dathomir Maul which ever is stronger.

time for ridiculously long as response.

Dooku losing to Anakin obviously plays a huge factor in this Vs thread but remember that while Vader's prowess hasn't deteriorated per say it's not what it once was, he's lost a lot of the things that helped him against the Count, Speed and agility something that Vader is not known for, obviously vader has overwhelming Strength but Dooku has been known to be very agile and precise as well as strong for his age and precision can kill a slow beast, that's not to say he 'stomps' vader but he most certainly is his superior in terms of speed(having actually kept up with yoda's nearly unrivaled speed} agility and overall lightsaber prowess while Vader is Dooku's superior in Strength and versatility having actually created a very unorthodox form that - as emperordmb said in his interesting fighting styles, thread really covers most of Vader's weakness making a strong, effective and versatile foe, i believe that both of them are equal in terms of saber prowess as while they both have a disadvantage(dookus lack of strength and vaders lack of speed) they both have an advantage over each other(Dooku has speed and vader has strength) which really just ends with them going back and forth in a long and drawn out lightsaber duel.

Force power. That said it all will come down to a brutal force fight between Vader and Dooku, with perhaps Vader having the advantage over Dooku, however the thing that i really think could be troublesome for vader is Dooku's for lightning, though we know that Sidious' lightning is obviously stronger than Dooku's it will still do some damage to Vader i mean we saw how force lightning played a vital part in Vaders "defeat" at the hands of Starkiller. still like i said Vader has an advantage in this area so it goes to him.

Outcome. honestly this was hard because while dooku is strong his strength is nowhere near Vaders cyborg and force augmented Strength which grants Vader a HUGE advantage over the good Count and his overall power in the force really does stand out when compared to the count(he is the chosen duh) that said i gotta give it to the Count, i mean agility coupled with precision can kill a slow and strong beast(look at luke with the rancor lol) the fact that Dooku kept up with Yoda's speed along with Anakin and Obi-wan's various amounts of times shows that he IS capable of holding his own against strong opponents with sheer agility, speed and most important of all precision/accuracy and while he may not be as strong as Vader in terms of force powers he has controlled a Krayt Dragon, defeated three nightsister while blinded however what makes very dangerous to Vader is his lightning and while not on Par with Sidious or Starkiller it still gives him an advantage over the fallen jedi knight which can as seen before prove fatal or damaging to Vader, so i declare the good Count Dooku to be the victor!

Emperordmb
A common misconception is that Vader is slow, which is not the case. Vader actually has very impressive combat speed, he's just not as mobile or agile as he once was.

Vader is also a well refined and precise duelist as well.

Emperordmb
Hey, my disease is a good one! I mean, I can kill people whenever they piss me off. big grin And the horns are so cute! ^.^
So you can brutally murder some Asian guy's sister after he cheats on you with his cousin?

PTforthewin
Murder is bad and illegal

Nalaniel
I never said that Vader is slow, I just said that he isn't as fast as he was so he had to change his fighting style a bit and I think Dooku would defeat him in pure sabers, but I could be wrong.

So you can brutally murder some Asian guy's sister after he cheats on you with his cousin?

*closes her ears* Lalala I can't hear you!

Murder is bad and illegal

You're so cute. :3

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Personally i'd agree that Dooku is Vader's better in pure sabers. Vader has him beat in the force though.

WildBantha88
Great... And I don't like Banthas. >.< its okay I only shag like a WildBantha im not actually a bantha

DarthAnt66
http://r26.imgfast.net/users/2613/36/14/96/smiles/4206627644.gif

WildBantha88

Am I supposed to be afraid now?

*wiggles closer to her* noooooooooooooooooo.......... ^.^

DarthAnt66
She doesn't like you. Stop flirting with her.

WildBantha88
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
She doesn't like you. Stop flirting with her. awe sad </3 and I bought her chloroform and everything

Nephthys
Stop being creepy to girls on the internet.

PTforthewin
Girls SHOULDNT be on the internet, especially on Star Wars forums, guys only.

WildBantha88
Girls SHOULDNT be on the internet, especially on Star Wars forums, guys only. you would want it to be only guys you rambunctious gay

Nephthys
Girls SHOULDNT be on the internet, especially on Star Wars forums, guys only.

And yet your mother is on all those websites.

DarthAnt66
http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20121007165231/adventuretimewithfinnandjake/images/2/2b/Apply_cold_water_to_burned_area.jpeg

PTforthewin
you would want it to be only guys you rambunctious gay I'm not gay, I'm stating facts, if girls don't want to be slutted over the internet then they should stay in the kitchen and cook some pasta.

King Joker
****ing *******.

Lord Stark
Why is Anakin losing to Dooku a factor in this? Its been stated in canon multiple times that Anakin is in his prime in ROTS.
Let me repeat that:
Anakin was in his prime in ROTS, not ROTJ.

As for this match. Dooku wins in a hard fight against Vader who defeats Maul with moderate difficulty.

Dooku>/=Vader>Maul

A common misconception is that Vader is slow, which is not the case. Vader actually has very impressive combat speed, he's just not as mobile or agile as he once was.

Vader is also a well refined and precise duelist as well.

Is Vader fast compared to your average Jedi? Absolutely. Compared to Dooku and Maul? Nope.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Lord Stark
Why is Anakin losing to Dooku a factor in this? Its been stated in canon multiple times that Anakin is in his prime in ROTS.
Let me repeat that:
Anakin was in his prime in ROTS, not ROTJ.
Didn't he say around ROTJ that he was more powerful than he ever was before?

DarthAnt66
"Many years later, Obi-Wan and Darth Vader duel a second time. The Sith Lord is now more experienced and powerful."
-Beware of the Sith

PTforthewin
"Many years later, Obi-Wan and Darth Vader duel a second time. The Sith Lord is now more experienced and powerful."
-Beware of the Sith Get back in the kitchen

Emperordmb
Get back in the kitchen
Get back in Neph's basement so he can **** your little boy pussy

DarthAnt66
The basement is already full with other little boys.

Nephthys
No room in this inn, go to the ****ing stables peasant.

PTforthewin
Get back in Neph's basement so he can **** your little boy pussy I'm already in his basement, he's kind enough to let me use his phone.

carthage
Haha

Nalaniel
http://r26.imgfast.net/users/2613/36/14/96/smiles/4206627644.gif

Want a hug? ^^

awe sad </3 and I bought her chloroform and everything

Now that's really creepy. O_O

I'm not gay, I'm stating facts, if girls don't want to be slutted over the internet then they should stay in the kitchen and cook some pasta.

You're so funny. stick out tongue

FreshestSlice
I'm not gay,
Kyle in all my holes

WildBantha88

Now that's really creepy. O_O

I meant to say flowers love But if you don't want them anymore I understand sad

DARTH POWER
-Beware of the Sith

Is that the exact quote?

Because it doesn't say more powerful there. Also none of these sources are canon anymore, and Lucas always seemed to imply ROTS Anakin was more powerful than OT Vader.

The Merchant
But Lucas also says that Vader is 80% of the Emperor. That's pretty significant, unless you want to claim ROTS Anakin was 90% as strong as the Emperor.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by DARTH POWER
Is that the exact quote?

Because it doesn't say more powerful there. Also none of these sources are canon anymore, and Lucas always seemed to imply ROTS Anakin was more powerful than OT Vader.
Actually it does say that. More applies to both words. Also, no Lucas didn't. Lucas implied that ROTS Vader had more potential, not power, than ROTJ Vader. If anything, Vader himself implies that he is stronger than he once was.

Darth Martin
I think it's clear by now that Dooku is the superior duelist.

A. He fights more impressive swordsmen. ROTS Kenobi is no match for him, and he's taken on Grievous, Mace, Yoda, combinations of Kenobi/Skywalker, Ventress/Oppress, Tholme/Vos, and lived to tell the tale. Even while poisoned he fended off 3 assassins blinded. Dude is definitely a badass that only Mace, Yoda, and Palpatine can take a solid majority over him in a swordfight.

B. Vader has been wounded multiple times in duels. He's lost his hand at least three times to mediocre duelists. Dooku has never been touched besides his fateful duel in ROTS. Vader surely holds a strength advantage over Dooku but I think over the years we may have exaggerated how much of a factor that will play. After all, Dooku routinely defeats Grievous in sparring matches, outclasses Oppress, and seems to be slightly better than Skywalker during the later seasons of the Clone Wars cartoon.

Sabers: Dooku gets the edge; Vader may have refined his style but his track record simply can't compete with Dooku's. Dooku 6/10

With that being said, Vader probably holds an even bigger gap on Dooku when it comes to Force abilities. They're simply more powerful and destructive. The only ace Dooku has up his sleeve is Force Lightning and Vader has shown to be able to resist it. Plus, he has his lightsaber to deflect it so it shouldn't be that big if a problem. Whereas, when it comes to TK, Vader has a solid advantage over Dooku.

Force fight: Vader 8/10

Between the two, I believe ultimately that Vader has more of an edge on Dooku in Force abilities than Dooku has on Vader in swordsmanship. Not to mention Vader can take MUCH more physical punishment. Besides, Vader seems to be more focused and less arrogant a fighter by his prime and employs Don Much more successively(combining both Force abilities and dueling simultaneously).

I think it's clear that even despite his injuries from Mustafar, Palpatine views Vader as the superior Sith Lord.

All-Out: Vader 6/10

DARTH POWER
Originally posted by The Merchant
But Lucas also says that Vader is 80% of the Emperor. That's pretty significant, unless you want to claim ROTS Anakin was 90% as strong as the Emperor.

Maybe when he's "In The Zone". But yeah your right, on a normal day ROTS Anakin is nowhere near 80% of the Emperor. But then on a normal day I do not believe he's a match for Dooku either.

Nalaniel
I meant to say flowers love But if you don't want them anymore I understand sad

I don't know if I can trust you. wink

Lord Stark
Didn't he say around ROTJ that he was more powerful than he ever was before? Originally posted by DarthAnt66
-Beware of the Sith

Overridden by George Lucas blatantly calling the PT the prime of fighting.

Emperordmb
So statements that make Vader out to be better are overwritten because of statements not even directly about Vader?

Nephthys

No, he didn't. He rambled about something and called it their prime through incorrect use of the word/a nonsensical reason.

WildBantha88
I don't know if I can trust you. wink
http://cl.jroo.me/z3/d/N/F/d/a.aaa-Try-to-say-no-to-this-eyes.jpg

Lord Stark
So statements that make Vader out to be better are overwritten because of statements not even directly about Vader?

Yes because storytelling wise it makes sense that ROTS Anakin is peak Anakin. What sense does it make that the man loses all his limbs and then gets stronger? Makes the Battle on Mustafar pointless.

No, he didn't. He rambled about something and called it their prime through incorrect use of the word/a nonsensical reason.

He makes it pretty clear that Vader's a cripple, Kenobi's and old man, and Luke an untrained boy. Filoni backs this up by saying Luke would lose to any member of the Council.

Nephthys
Well obviously it's better than the OT. No ****ing shit.

The_Tempest
Neph's butthurt about the fact that the PT > TOR & KOTOR by edict of George.

Nephthys
As I recall, when we talked about it even you were like "yeah I have no idea what George is trying to say." http://i.somethingawful.com/forumsystem/emoticons/emot-stare.gif

carthage
Lol @ Dooku being better than Vader in sabers

In a purely lightsaber duel Anakin crushed Dooku by using the darkside to make him stronger, peak Vader with his durasteel arms doing the same thing will still kill Dooku. The only advantage Dooku has is mobility, but even then Vader had a few decades to refine his technique easily making him on par with Dooku.

The_Tempest
As I recall, when we talked about it even you were like "yeah I have no idea what George is trying to say." http://i.somethingawful.com/forumsystem/emoticons/emot-stare.gif

No

Lord Stark
Well obviously it's better than the OT. No ****ing shit.

Exactly. ROTS Anakin>Vader.

Originally posted by carthage
Lol @ Dooku being better than Vader in sabers

In a purely lightsaber duel Anakin crushed Dooku by using the darkside to make him stronger, peak Vader with his durasteel arms doing the same thing will still kill Dooku. The only advantage Dooku has is mobility, but even then Vader had a few decades to refine his technique easily making him on par with Dooku.

Please, bloodlusted Luke was able to pressure Vader, what do you think Dooku will do to him?

Also Anakin is hyped by Mace as perhaps being the most powerful Jedi in the order, and by the ROTS novel.

carthage
Dooku hasn't demonstrated similar strength feats to a bloodlusted Luke, he isn't a power duelist, and even if he did break Vader's defense Vader can shrug off his attacks to his armor. Vader has superior force abilities and has fought limbless in the EU. Dooku has no advantage to him other than mobility.

NewGuy01
When did this happen? I've been trying to find this.

FreshestSlice
Exactly. ROTS Anakin>Vader.

What is this supported by? From what I've seen, the comment never said that.

Die.

Are you trying to say that Anakin could defeat Yoda or even Mace himself in RotS? Really? He had the potential sure, but nothing has shown Anakin to be the most powerful at his stage then.

Lord Stark
Originally posted by carthage
Dooku hasn't demonstrated similar strength feats to a bloodlusted Luke, he isn't a power duelist, and even if he did break Vader's defense Vader can shrug off his attacks to his armor. Vader has superior force abilities and has fought limbless in the EU. Dooku has no advantage to him other than mobility.

Unless you want to argue Luke is stronger than ROTS Anakin. No he doesn't.

http://media2.theranking.com/card/202470/image/ecb93b46751f8e708af24b7aa40bee5f/resize_image.jpg

Originally posted by NewGuy01
When did this happen? I've been trying to find this.

ROTS Novel:
"This is Anakin Skywalker:
The most powerful Jedi of his generation. Perhaps of any generation."

"You must keep this one." Mace laced his fingers together land
squeezed until his knuckles crackled like blasterfire. "Skywalker is
arguably the most powerful Jedi alive, and he is still getting stronger.
But he is not stable."

Originally posted by FreshestSlice
What is this supported by? From what I've seen, the comment never said that.

Its supported by Anakin being reputed as perhaps being the most powerful Jedi in history by the narrative, then having the exact same thing stated by Mace. Also Lucas blatantly wanting the PT to be shown as the height of combat in comparison to the OT.

Why because Vader's most canon feats don't place him on the ludicrously high pedestal you all expect?

Yoda? Of course not, don't be ridiculous.
Mace? This is obvious. Dooku was Mace's equal if not superior in dueling and in power. Mace knew this, Dooku knew this, its stated in canon multiple times.

WildBantha88
ROTS Novel:
"This is Anakin Skywalker:
The most powerful Jedi of his generation. PERHAPS of any generation."

"You must keep this one." Mace laced his fingers together land
squeezed until his knuckles crackled like blasterfire. "Skywalker is
ARGUABLY the most powerful Jedi alive, and he is still getting stronger.
But he is not stable."

Lord Stark
Also Anakin is hyped by Mace as perhaps being the most powerful Jedi in the order, and by the ROTS novel.

NewGuy01
The fact that it's even arguable that his own power supersede Yoda's is more than enough to put him above most.

Lord Stark
The fact that it's even arguable that his own power supersede Yoda's is more than enough to put him above most.

Indeed.

Also the fact that defeating Dooku is enough to question if Anakin is indeed more powerful than Yoda speaks volumes about Darth Tyranus, not to mention Mace thinking Dooku was the Master of the Sith.

Nephthys
Yeah, it was probably just because he defeated Dooku that Windu thought that.

Nalaniel
Bantha:

DarthAnt66
embarrasment

FreshestSlice

Its supported by Anakin being reputed as perhaps being the most powerful Jedi in history by the narrative, then having the exact same thing stated by Mace. Also Lucas blatantly wanting the PT to be shown as the height of combat in comparison to the OT.

That doesn't change the fact that Vader is shown to be far more powerful in the time between III and VI. And Vader himself states he's grown in power.

This statement implies that Dooku's do. I'm more impressed with Vader's post-RotS feats than Dooku's pre-RotS feats.

Dooku beat Mace before his prime as I recall. And if Skywalker is indeed Vader's most powerful incarnation, as you claim, he should then have no trouble with Yoda. He is indeed the most powerful Jedi alive afterall.

Lord Stark
That doesn't change the fact that Vader is shown to be far more powerful in the time between III and VI. And Vader himself states he's grown in power.

Grown in power since he got mutilated.

If Dooku fought Luke he'd absolutely humiliate him in seconds.

You recall wrong. What? There is no form of Vader that would not get demolished by Yoda.

FreshestSlice
Grown in power since he got mutilated.

I don't see it as that way, but whatever. Unlike some, I don't feel like arguing this until I'm blue in the face

If Vader fought Luke with the intent of killing him from the start, so would he. Of course with Lucas saying RotJ Luke is the strongest Jedi ever, both of us would be wrong going by your source.

My point. And I've never seen Dooku fight Mace at his prime, when did this happen?

Emperordmb
My point. And I've never seen Dooku fight Mace at his prime, when did this happen?
They fought at the battle of Boz Pity after Mace had already been in battle for a while.

It was a short fight that ended with Dooku setting his Magnaguards on Windu and running.

FreshestSlice
They fought at the battle of Boz Pity after Mace had already been in battle for a while.

It was a short fight that ended with Dooku setting his Magnaguards on Windu and running.
Don't know if that counts, but I'll concede.

Lord Stark
I don't see it as that way, but whatever. Unlike some, I don't feel like arguing this until I'm blue in the face
Agree to disagree I suppose.

****ing Lucas
http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090428120119/uncyclopedia/images/2/2f/Facepalm_emote_gif.gif

Mace is over 50 in ROTS, his prime is pretty much anytime post inventing Vaapad. And if that's not enough Dark Rendezvous blatantly states that " Among the other Jedi, perhaps only Mace Windu would have been his equal on neutral ground"

WildBantha88
Nalaniel: Adorable wink

Darth Martin
Are you people really arguing that Anakin>Vader?

Vader's Force feats dwarf those of his younger self. Not to mention he spent decades refining his technique. He is much less arrogant and a more composed, intelligent fighter by the OT. The movies kind of dropped the ball due to being filmed when they were but his Force feats alone should ensure a win over his younger self. Vader's speed is still impressive, it's his lack of mobility/agility that he doesn't have in comparison. That has all been compensated for with his new style he invented.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Are you people really arguing that Anakin>Vader?

Vader's Force feats dwarf those of his younger self. Not to mention he spent decades refining his technique. He is much less arrogant and a more composed, intelligent fighter by the OT. The movies kind of dropped the ball due to being filmed when they were but his Force feats alone should ensure a win over his younger self. Vader's speed is still impressive, it's his lack of mobility/agility that he doesn't have in comparison. That has all been compensated for with his new style he invented.
thumb up

NewGuy01
Not really, Vader's best Force feat to date is collapsing an Atoan cathedral. Anakin caused a grand dome 90 feet tall and three times that in circumference to implode telekinetically. I dare say there is definitive room for competition there.

According to Dark Lord: Rise of Darth Vader, he had to completely redraft his fighting style because of this misgivings in weight and mobility/flexibility caused by the suit. Thus, he would be spending that time developing and refining this technique, it would not be additive to the style that Anakin had spent over a decade *and* the Clone Wars refining his own.

Have you read RotJ? Vader's arrogance and competitive nature are unchanged during his years as a cyborg, though admittedly he learned to compose himself more properly after the ambush on Kessel, realizing that he is no longer capable of simply charging into battles as he once could.

Oh, I agree. Anakin's are still better in side-by-side comparison, though.

I don't see why so many people think Vader's style is inherently more effective than Anakin's. His suit's lack of mobility/flexibility and additive weight made it so that he could no longer correctly practice his former style, and because of this he developed a new personalized style to play to his strengths and cover his new weaknesses. On the other hand, Anakin's chosen form already plays to his strength and he does not share the weaknesses that Vader does.

Vader may win a contest with Anakin through taking advantage of his ridiculous durability/ability to take damage paired with cunning use of Dun Moch, but otherwise Anakin has a notable edge in pure combat prowess, as displayed against the good Count.

Nalaniel
Nalaniel: Adorable wink

I hate you. -.-

WildBantha88
stick out tongue

NewGuy01
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTFZyl7hfBw

Lord Stark
Not really, Vader's best Force feat to date is collapsing an Atoan cathedral. Anakin caused a grand dome 90 feet tall and three times that in circumference to implode telekinetically. I dare say there is definitive room for competition there.

According to Dark Lord: Rise of Darth Vader, he had to completely redraft his fighting style because of this misgivings in weight and mobility/flexibility caused by the suit. Thus, he would be spending that time developing and refining this technique, it would not be additive to the style that Anakin had spent over a decade *and* the Clone Wars refining his own.

Have you read RotJ? Vader's arrogance and competitive nature are unchanged during his years as a cyborg, though admittedly he learned to compose himself more properly after the ambush on Kessel, realizing that he is no longer capable of simply charging into battles as he once could.

Oh, I agree. Anakin's are still better in side-by-side comparison, though.

I don't see why so many people think Vader's style is inherently more effective than Anakin's. His suit's lack of mobility/flexibility and additive weight made it so that he could no longer correctly practice his former style, and because of this he developed a new personalized style to play to his strengths and cover his new weaknesses. On the other hand, Anakin's chosen form already plays to his strength and he does not share the weaknesses that Vader does.

Vader may win a contest with Anakin through taking advantage of his ridiculous durability/ability to take damage paired with cunning use of Dun Moch, but otherwise Anakin has a notable edge in pure combat prowess, as displayed against the good Count.

thumb up

WildBantha88
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTFZyl7hfBw not a bad idea

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.