Battle of the Emperors!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Emperor Malgus and Emperor Vitiate

vs.

Emperor Palpatine (ROTS) and Emperor Krayt.

Which side of Emperors shall reign supreme?

NewGuy01
Sidious solos. /can't find the right smilie

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Knew you'd say that stick out tongue

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Sidious solos. /can't find the right smilie
thumb up

PTforthewin
Uncle Sid solos

WildBantha88
Noooo he doesnt

Q99
I don't think he solos either. However, I do think Krayt locks down Malgus, Sidious resists Vitiate's force powers, and kills him in melee. Then Malgus is absolutely doomed in the double team.

S_W_LeGenD
Team 1 comfortably

Emperor Vitiate can possibly subdue Team 2 himself, he is that damn powerful. He once obliterated an entire Dark Council with a single blast of power. Emperor Vitiate will disorient Team 2 with his oppressive telepathic powers and then bombard it to submission with his other powers.

The Merchant
Team 2. Sidious is faster than Luke Skywalker can react, same Luke Skywalker was able to just by briefly tapping into the Force make a 1 in a million shot going at 3,756 times the speed of sound as a low-end. Canon>>>Legends.

Nalaniel
Sidious won't solo, but team 2 still wins.

Q99
Originally posted by The Merchant
Team 2. Sidious is faster than Luke Skywalker can react, same Luke Skywalker was able to just by briefly tapping into the Force make a 1 in a million shot going at 3,756 times the speed of sound as a low-end. Canon>>>Legends.

What? I don't recall that in any of the movies. Heck, when did Sidious do *anything* fast around Luke?

PTforthewin
Sidious is the strongest Sith Lord of all time.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by PTforthewin
Sidious is the strongest Sith Lord of all time.
This used to be the case years ago. The lore considerably expanded since then and new ground realities emerged.

Stop living in the past.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Why don't you just.... stop living in the future? stick out tongue

DarthAnt66
@S_W_LeGenD Or you can stop interpreting quotes wrong. wink

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Why don't you just.... stop living in the future? stick out tongue
alien

DarthAnt66
@your unedited post before I edited mine then edited it back before your edited post stick out tongue
Yes, but to say that a limited, non-omniscient 3rd person view where if Vitiate is dead or not is still not clarified expands to know about Sidious and friends is even more ridiculous.

And, Sidious's most recent quote was released in 2012 or sooner if I recall correctly. And then Yoda's being late 2013. It is not "10 years ago" as you so claim.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
alien

What the f**k?

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
@S_W_LeGenD Or you can stop interpreting quotes wrong. wink

@your unedited post before I edited mine then edited it back before your edited post stick out tongue
Yes, but to say that a limited, non-omniscient 3rd person view where if Vitiate is dead or not is still not clarified expands to know about Sidious and friends is even more ridiculous.

And, Sidious's most recent quote was released in 2012 or sooner if I recall correctly. And then Yoda's being late 2013. It is not "10 years ago" as you so claim.
I am not interpreting anything wrong, I have been adopting realistic position throughout.

These matters aren't black and white. I don't intend to start a debate on most powerful in the mythos but the latest situation is that several characters have received this kind of promotion. Perspectives also come in to the picture.

Sidious had been promoted as most powerful practitioner of the dark years ago but latest developments in the lore led to introduction of new super-strong characters who have received comparable magnitude of hype and these developments have logically reduced Sidious to 'candidate' position. Latest information reveals that Sidious knowingly or unknowingly co-existed with Abeloth and The Son. Emperor Vitiate have also co-existed with the latter two and still hyped as most powerful Force-user.

You need to pay attention to concept of retcons. Older assessment is typically overridden by newer assessment, this is norm in progression of literature. At minimum, watch out for how promotions unfold in the lore and associated possibilities.

DarthAnt66
Except Sidious/Plagueis's best in history's quote was released in 2012, which is after TOR came out. In fact, the novel even mentions the Sith Emperor in it. erm

PTforthewin
Vitiate isn't stronger then palpatine. palpatine creates wormholes and that sucks in fleets. Your ****ing bioware is non-canon.

S_W_LeGenD
Except Sidious/Plagueis's best in history's quote was released in 2012, which is after TOR came out. In fact, the novel even mentions the Sith Emperor in it. erm
That quote is more of representation of promotion of these characters in this manner from the author of the book rather then being part of the lore itself.

The book explores Emperor Vitiate from the perspective of Plagueis. The latter doesn't knows much about the former but believes that Emperor Vitiate was approaching The Ones in capabilities.

Their is also this quote in the book:

If a Sith of equal power had preceded him, then that one had taken his or her secrets to the grave, or had locked them away in holocrons that had been destroyed or had yet to surface.

Also, Emperor Vitiate had been properly expanded upon in an encyclopedic medium released after the book of Plagueis. It is therefore understandable why the author of Plagueis novel was not willing to expand much on Vitiate himself.

PTforthewin
When's the post-legacy crap coming out, they need to brink back palpatine or better yet, vitiate.

S_W_LeGenD

DarthAnt66
erm It is still canon, is it not?

I don't recall Plagueis even knowing about The Ones, and better yet, comparing them to Vitiate. confused Care to share a quote?

Yes, the Encyclopedia brings Vitiate much light...in a even more limited perspective then the author of the Plagueis novel. It is similar to in the Tales of the Jedi comics they crown Marka Ragnos as the greatest Sith in history. The narrator has a limited point of perspective, and does not yet know about future greats like Vitiate, Bane, or Sidious.

PTforthewin
DE sidious > Vitiate
Plagueis > Vitiate

S_W_LeGenD

PTforthewin

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
erm

carthage
LOL @ Vitiate being above Plagueis

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by carthage
LOL @ Vitiate being above Plagueis
Why?

Read this: http://www.comicvine.com/profile/s_w_legend/blog/

carthage
Better speed, force feats, strength, combat feats, knowledge of the force, and just better in every possible regard.

DarthAnt66
Re-Read your own quote. Plagueis only considers Vitiate half the power of your average Celestial. Then further note that the Killiks consider the Ones greater then the Celestials.

PTforthewin
Plagueis > HoT
HoU > Plagueis

S_W_LeGenD
Re-Read your own quote. Plagueis only considers Vitiate half the power of your average Celestial. Then further note that the Killiks consider the Ones greater then the Celestials.
Plagueis was referring to The Ones in that description, and he was focused on the subject of immortality, not exactly power.

Plagueis pointed out that The Ones wielded power that was beyond the grasp of mortals. But he believed that Sith could rival The Ones.

S_W_LeGenD
Better speed,
Based on?

force feats,
Like what?

strength,
No, it took an extraordinarily strong blast of power from Revan to move Emperor Vitiate from his position.

combat feats,
You serious?

knowledge of the force,
No, Plagueis was in the process of uncovering ancient secrets of the dark arts and he wasn't very successful in this endeavor.

and just better in every possible regard.
Utter BS, I am afraid.

Originally posted by PTforthewin
Plagueis > HoT
Hint: your opinion

DarthAnt66
Plagueis was referring to The Ones in that description, and he was focused on the subject of immortality, not exactly power.

Plagueis pointed out that The Ones wielded power that was beyond the grasp of mortals. But he believed that Sith could rival The Ones.
The Ones are not Celestials.

S_W_LeGenD
The Ones are not Celestials.
Plagueis labeled them as Celestials.

DarthAnt66
He's wrong then. They are Force-Wielders.
Also, did he? I don't recall him doing such.

S_W_LeGenD

Emperordmb
The Ones are basically the next step in the evolutionary chain from Celestials. Seeing as Vitiate hasn't even reached Celestial level, I don't think it's appropriate to compare him to the One's.

DarthAnt66
There were numerous sects that were more intelligent then mortals...so what? Kreia says "One cannot have power of that magnitude and still think and perceive the universe as we do," I guess Nihilus is a Celestial too. wink The fact they say "the ones" is completely irrelevant. If they said: "the ones called the Sith" doesn't mean they are referring to the group know as The Ones.

The_Tempest
Neither Vitiate nor Sidious are comparable to the Mortis Anchorites.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by The_Tempest
Neither Vitiate nor Sidious are comparable to the Mortis Anchorites.
thumb up thumb up thumb up thumb up thumb up

PTforthewin
All of the strongest jedi and sith VS the ones, the jedi and sith would win.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Lolnope.

The Merchant
I got that reaction speed for Luke because I calculated the speed of an X-wing by applying the time-frame (Less than 5 minutes.) to them just reaching the planet and assumed Yavin and its Moon had the same distance as Earth and the Moon, then divided the distance by 5, which got the cruising speed of an X wing at 76,880 Kilometers per minute, or Mach 3,765. Luke turned off his targeting cimputer and used the Force to make the shot, meaning his reactions had to be keeping up with the speed of his X-wing. And this Luke barely tapped into the Force. Sidious's lightning he couldn't even react to and just got electrified.

The Merchant
Do note this is a low-end because the less than 5 minutes time-frame was applied AFTER the X-wings crossed halfway across Yavin, real-time with the films it was just seconds and I made it exactly 5 minutes, when in reality it was less.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by Emperordmb
The Ones are basically the next step in the evolutionary chain from Celestials. Seeing as Vitiate hasn't even reached Celestial level, I don't think it's appropriate to compare him to the One's.
I agree with the first part but I disagree with the second part.

The Ones seemingly achieved corporeal immortality though it baffles me that how exactly was The Father in decline.

Emperor Vitiate also achieved corporeal immortality but he fell in a war; Emperor Vitiate orchestrated an extremely dangerous and devastating ritual to achieve a condition just like The Ones. This development actually confirms that it is not at all easy to match The Ones in capabilities, not possible for majority for sure.

Darth Plagueis also wanted to achieve corporeal immortality but his dream never came to realization, he was assassinated by his apprentice (Darth Sidious). However, Darth Plagueis is not an authority on the capabilities of Emperor Vitiate or The Ones. He makes his assessment based on what he knows about them. In-fact, Darth Plagueis knows very little about Emperor Vitiate; this is partly due to Emperor Vitiate being mostly shrouded in mystery in history, he was not visible on the front lines and mostly acted from his throne. And Emperor Vitiate was not fond of sharing much of his knowledge with others as well; his only known apprentice also perished at his command after rebelling against him. Furthermore, Darth Plagueis realized that dark sorcery wouldn't benefit him much because he wasn't gifted in its use. This is why Darth Plagueis sought other means to achieve his ultimate objective: attempt to achieve corporeal immortality via midichlorian manipulation.

There were numerous sects that were more intelligent then mortals...so what? Kreia says "One cannot have power of that magnitude and still think and perceive the universe as we do," I guess Nihilus is a Celestial too. wink The fact they say "the ones" is completely irrelevant. If they said: "the ones called the Sith" doesn't mean they are referring to the group know as The Ones.
Among the Celestials, The Ones are most well-known to the galaxy at large. Several have visited these beings and told tales about them after their return. Anakin & his allies weren't the only ones. wink

This explains the legends and tales surrounding The Ones in history and Sith and Jedi being aware of the presence of these beings. Anakin & his allies didn't trace them out of sheer luck.

Also:

"I was referencing the Mortis trilogy at several points. More is likely to emerge regarding those characters..." (James Luceno)

The Merchant
The Ones can destroy the Universe if they fought outside of Mortis. Vitiaite can't, stop wanking him.

S_W_LeGenD
The Ones can destroy the Universe if they fought outside of Mortis. Vitiaite can't, stop wanking him.
According to whom? The Father?

You need to stop wanking The Ones mindlessly. Nothing can destroy whole universe in Star Wars, specially in the manner you presume.

WildBantha88
According to whom? The Father?

You need to stop wanking The Ones mindlessly. Nothing can destroy whole universe in Star Wars, specially in the manner you presume. Yea, the ones can. You shouldn't undermine the gods of the force my friend

The Merchant
The Father specifically said if the Son and Daughter were to ever fight outside of Mortis the very fabric of the Universe would be teared apart. There's nothing that goes against his word, and if you think he's lying or over-hyping them why would he? He has nothing to lie about his power. Vitaite on the other hand best feat was absorbing the Force from a planet, and was going to do that to the galaxy. That's nothing compared to the destruction of the Universe, and as a side-effect as well.

Kalen Sykes
As far as who's more powerful, it's Sidious. Even ignoring all of his feats in DE and any other EU material, we're still left with Palpatine as the end-all be-all of Sith Lords. Why? It's quite simple: He's not solely part of Legends canon. Sure, alot of his exploits are, but he originated in the films. Plus, the creator of the entire franchise called him the most powerful. I realize the quote was made before Vitiate came along, but again: Legends canon, not Established. See, even if (and I do mean IF) Disney decides to completely rewrite GL's vision, they haven't done it yet, so we are left with what has been specified in the acknowledged universe Disney is going by (films, TCW series, upcoming novels, and certain existing ones, if I'm not mistaken). The beauty of Legends canon is anything could be pulled from there, at any time, and placed in the main universe, but it hasn't happened, yet.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by WildBantha88
Yea, the ones can. You shouldn't undermine the gods of the force my friend

The Father specifically said if the Son and Daughter were to ever fight outside of Mortis the very fabric of the Universe would be teared apart. There's nothing that goes against his word, and if you think he's lying or over-hyping them why would he? He has nothing to lie about his power. Vitaite on the other hand best feat was absorbing the Force from a planet, and was going to do that to the galaxy. That's nothing compared to the destruction of the Universe, and as a side-effect as well.

I have nothing against The Ones but one thing that I have learned from my years of delving in the subject of Star Wars is that statements of characters should be received with caution. It is not necessary for the characters to lie and all that but they do have same flaws that we humans demonstrate in real life; characters lie, exaggerate, lack in knowledge, underestimate, manipulate (and more) much like us humans do.

I am not accusing The Father of being a liar but he might just be manipulating Anakin to do his bidding or such, he actually wanted Anakin to do his bidding. The Son also attempted to manipulate Anakin to do his bidding instead.

Best evidence of assessing the capabilities of The Ones is through Abeloth. She is in the league of The Ones and achieved her condition from the same sources of power that The Ones relied upon; Font of Power and Pool of Knowledge.

Abeloth, whilst being formidable, was able to destroy a city, influence an entire world with her powers and multi-task while combating Jedi. However, was she tearing the Universe apart?

So wouldn't it be logical to assume that The Father was trying to manipulate Anakin?

Originally posted by Kalen Sykes
As far as who's more powerful, it's Sidious. Even ignoring all of his feats in DE and any other EU material, we're still left with Palpatine as the end-all be-all of Sith Lords. Why? It's quite simple: He's not solely part of Legends canon. Sure, alot of his exploits are, but he originated in the films. Plus, the creator of the entire franchise called him the most powerful. I realize the quote was made before Vitiate came along, but again: Legends canon, not Established. See, even if (and I do mean IF) Disney decides to completely rewrite GL's vision, they haven't done it yet, so we are left with what has been specified in the acknowledged universe Disney is going by (films, TCW series, upcoming novels, and certain existing ones, if I'm not mistaken). The beauty of Legends canon is anything could be pulled from there, at any time, and placed in the main universe, but it hasn't happened, yet.
Being in the films isn't a guarantee for being the most powerful in the mythos. Nope.

And Mr. Lucas never asserted that he envisioned Sidious as the most powerful among the Sith in galactic history. It is even debatable if Emperor Vitiate is a Sith, he is a Sith only in name.

Disney may want to re-imagine the world of Star Wars with legends strategy but so far it is unclear how things would proceed in the future.

The Merchant
If we use movie feats we get Luke who was barely using the force reacting at speeds that was 3,756 times the speed of sound. I got this because of how fast the X-wings were moving, assumed Yavin and Yavin IV had the same distance Earth and the Moon has, then used the time-frame we're given to us in the film "Less than 5 minutes." Do note this is EXTREMELY low-balling the speeds of an X-wing, because for one that time-frame was not established when they left Yavin IV, that time-frame was said when they were already half-way crossing Yavin and were going to get to the Death Star in less than 5 minutes. In real-time they only took like seconds, maybe a minute or 2 at most. I applied the time-frame by making the X-wings JUST arrive Yavin, or crossing the distance that is like the Earth/Moon system. I then made it exactly 5 minutes since less than is vague. Finally, I divided the distance by 5. The distance is 384,400 Kilometers. This means every minute the X-wings would have to have had crossed 76,880 Kilometers. And that's just cruising speed, according to Gold Leader they need to accelerate to reach Attack Speed.

Emperordmb
No matter how much you want it to be true, Vitiate is not and will never be One tier...

The Merchant
Heck, I decided to go back and re-watch the scene and literally counted the seconds it took the X-wings to travel all that pretty much went past Yavin. It was roughly around 32 seconds. This means that every second they crossed 12012 kilometers, which is Mach 35,331. That's 4% the speed of Light. And as I've said that's merely cruising speed and this is for a Luke who only can tap into the Force. Jedi Knight Luke should be much faster and can react to speeds much greater than this and the Emperor pretty much zapped him with Lightning so fast Luke couldn't do a thing about it.

S_W_LeGenD
No matter how much you want it to be true, Vitiate is not and will never be One tier...
You (or any fan) is not in the position to make definitive assertions like these.

TOR sources have officially promoted Emperor Vitiate as the most powerful Force-user ever, not any fan.

Emperor Vitiate have feats and hype on level of The Ones.

Emperordmb
You (or any fan) is not in the position to make definitive assertions like these.

TOR sources have officially promoted Emperor Vitiate as the most powerful Force-user ever, not any fan.

Emperor Vitiate have feats and hype on level of The Ones.
Are you seriously implying that Vitiate is on their tier?

S_W_LeGenD
Are you seriously implying that Vitiate is on their tier?
So I shouldn't take TOR sources seriously?

Emperordmb
So I shouldn't take TOR sources seriously?
The Star Wars the Clone Wars TV series that refers to the Ones as being more powerful than any the Jedi or Sith have ever seen before constitutes a higher level of canon than a TOR encyclopedia.

Kalen Sykes

Isn't that what you're doing by asserting that Vitiate is more powerful than Sidious? And the comment about Disney's future plans being murky goes both ways. Since we don't know what they are going to do, we fall back on what's already been established by the proper established sources, until told otherwise.

The Merchant
Lmao, Vitiaite was called the greatest Dark Side master IIRC. So has Bane, Sidious, Plagueis, etc. And The Son however along with the Ones is considered stronger than any Jedi/Sith AND he's the embodiment of the Dark Side. I also enjoy how my comment was ignored, provide my any thing that remotely comes close to Luke's speed please.

Q99
Btw, there's another Galactic Emperor we're forgetting.

What if we threw Xandel Carivus?

S_W_LeGenD
The Star Wars the Clone Wars TV series that refers to the Ones as being more powerful than any the Jedi or Sith have ever seen before constitutes a higher level of canon than a TOR encyclopedia.
I understand, but then their is conflict of opinion in this respect at official capacity since BioWare authorities promotes Emperor Vitiate in similar way even with the knowledge of existence of The Ones and affiliated hype. BioWare authorities have possibly imagined Emperor Vitiate in the same ballpark.

Isn't that what you're doing by asserting that Vitiate is more powerful than Sidious? And the comment about Disney's future plans being murky goes both ways. Since we don't know what they are going to do, we fall back on what's already been established by the proper established sources, until told otherwise.
I am pointing out exactly how strong Emperor Vitiate is, possibly strong enough to handle Team 2 by himself, possibly strong enough to match The Ones as per hype factor. He ruled over 'millions' of Sith with iron first, he could influence entire world(s) with his powers, he controlled the mighty Dread Masters, he manifested himself within thousands of individuals to expand his reach, and he could multi-task at will. He is awfully strong and BioWare isn't joking.

Sidious, as of ROTS, isn't strong enough to contend with Emperor Vitiate by any stretch of imagination. Only at DE stage, he have a chance, IMO.

Lmao, Vitiaite was called the greatest Dark Side master IIRC. So has Bane, Sidious, Plagueis, etc. And The Son however along with the Ones is considered stronger than any Jedi/Sith AND he's the embodiment of the Dark Side. I also enjoy how my comment was ignored, provide my any thing that remotely comes close to Luke's speed please.
I think that you should read this thread properly: http://www.comicvine.com/profile/s_w_legend/blog/

The_Tempest

thumb up

Kalen Sykes
I have the TOR Encyclopedia, as well, and I'm familiar with the comments describing Vitiate's power. Personally, I feel the quotes about Vitiate being the strongest in galactic history are referring to history just up to TOR. It sounds like you're looking at it from the perspective of the source being printed more recently than the sources about Sidious. I get where you're coming from, but I doubt that is how it was intended. I also don't think Bioware has the authority to rewrite what has already been established during the film timeline (Palpatine being the most powerful Sith ever).

Keep in mind, when the game (and Vitiate) launched, GL was still in charge of everything. Disney didn't buy him out until 2012. So, if Lucas was in charge during the character's inception and development, I doubt he would place Vitiate higher than his personal creation. If you look at the TOR Encyclopedia as only referring to everything up to the game in galactic history, then it doesn't contradict Palpatine.

Kadan

Lucas never stated such a thing, its a misconception that seems to be running around in everywhere, and has been for years. Unless such a statement was stated in the movies, or the clone wars. Then its Non Canon.

FreshestSlice
Well this is the EU forum, so...

Kadan
I have the TOR Encyclopedia, as well, and I'm familiar with the comments describing Vitiate's power. Personally, I feel the quotes about Vitiate being the strongest in galactic history are referring to history just up to TOR. It sounds like you're looking at it from the perspective of the source being printed more recently than the sources about Sidious. I get where you're coming from, but I doubt that is how it was intended. I also don't think Bioware has the authority to rewrite what has already been established during the film timeline (Palpatine being the most powerful Sith ever).

Big guy Lucas never stated such a thing, and unless it was stated in the movies or the TCWs then its NON CANON. Also Vitiate cant really be considered a Sith.

Keep in mind, when the game (and Vitiate) launched, GL was still in charge of everything. Disney didn't buy him out until 2012. So, if Lucas was in charge during the character's inception and development, I doubt he would place Vitiate higher than his personal creation. If you look at the TOR Encyclopedia as only referring to everything up to the game in galactic history, then it doesn't contradict Palpatine.
Big Man Lucas was in charge at the time, however he never made any such statements of Sidious

Kadan
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Well this is the EU forum, so...

Technically you could say this is a canon character vs a EU non canon character and leave it at that.

DarthAnt66
You could, but no one would really care.

Kadan

The Sith Emperor has mastered the dark side's power to become the most dominating Force-user the galaxy has ever seen.

From (Star Wars: The Old Republic: Codex Entry titled "The Emperor's Fallen Jedi (Knight)."wink

The Sith Emperor is the most powerful Force-user who has ever existed. Unless this implacable enemy can be defeated, the Jedi Order is doomed.

From (Star Wars: The Old Republic: Encyclopedia)

The Sith Emperor, history's most powerful dark side master, performed a ritual of incredible scope to consume the life energy of every being on his homeworld.

Over 300 years ago, the great Jedi heroes Revan and Malak stumbled upon long-hidden Sith Empire's capital of Dromund Kaas, and its ruler - a mysterious, almost godlike avatar of the dark side.

The Emperor is more than a man - he is the living embodiment of the dark side.

He was a living embodiment of the dark side of the Force who delighted in destroying the minds and spirits of those Jedi who came too close to him.

You were saying? roll eyes (sarcastic)

DarthAnt66
His point stands actually. Sidious remains Vitiate's superior.

Emperordmb
Here's something that I think most thread makers on here will agree with me on...

When two characters are used in a versus thread, the implication unless stated otherwise is that they are in the SAME CONTINUITY!!!!!!!!!

Kadan
You could, but no one would give a shit and I could then laugh at you.

Oh How kind of you. I thought you were better then that.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Kadan
Oh How kind of you. I thought you were better then that.
I edited it. smile
And you don't need to love me, just my Revan threads. wink

Kadan
His point stands actually. Sidious remains Vitiate's superior.
Incorrect, Vitaite cant be considered a Sith, and has been stated so on numerous occasions

DarthAnt66
Wut.

Kadan
I edited it. smile
And you don't need to love me, just my Revan threads. wink

'Sobs' That's sad, I thought we were freinds

Emperordmb
Just because this needed to be repeated for emphasis:
Here's something that I think most thread makers on here will agree with me on... When two characters are used in a versus thread, the implication unless stated otherwise is that they are in the SAME CONTINUITY!!!!!!!!!

FreshestSlice
Incorrect, Vitaite cant be considered a Sith, and has been stated so on numerous occasions
That's right. The Sith Emperor isn't a Sith. It's an ironic name.

Kadan
Just because this needed to be repeated for emphasis:

Sorry, I didn't notice that until now. True, very true I'l concede

Kadan

Thanks buddy.

DarthAnt66
So the *Sith* Emperor, one of the of most powerful *Sith* Lords in history who rules over the *Sith* Empire is not a *Sith*.
#kmclogic

FreshestSlice
So the *Sith* Emperor, one of the of most powerful *Sith* Lords in history who rules over the *Sith* Empire is not a *Sith*.
#kmclogic
You're just mad that you don't get it. One could even say that Malgus isn't a Sith either. He was ironically given the title of Darth.

Kadan
#kmclogic

Not exactly, He cant truly be considered a Sith

DarthAnt66
Yet Palpatine and Nihilus can?

Kadan
Yet Palpatine and Nihilus can?

'Sigh' I'm not going to bother explaining it

FreshestSlice
'Sigh' I'm not going to bother explaining it
Maybe you should. Considering he was born as both into the religion and the species, I think it's only fair to explain how Vitiate isn't a Sith.

DarthAnt66
Then admit Vitiate's limitations, restrictions, failure, weakness, and inferiority to Palpatine. http://r26.imgfast.net/users/2613/36/14/96/smiles/3177439056.gif

Emperordmb
You're just mad that you don't get it. One could even say that Malgus isn't a Sith either. He was ironically given the title of Darth.
Edit: Never mind I didn't realize you were being sarcastic

Kadan

OK confused Malgus is a Sith and can be considered as such

DarthAnt66
watch?v=IzaMs5iaX7w&feature=kp

FreshestSlice
watch?v=IzaMs5iaX7w&feature=kp
It's not really a joke, as much as I've overly sarcastic. I honestly don't know why Vitiate can't be a Sith, so it just comes naturally until it's explained.

DarthAnt66
Vitiate is classically categorized as a Sith in all known sources.
Being a powerful Sith Lord does not make him not a Sith,

The Merchant
The sources are funny. First they claim he's only a Near Godlike avatar (An Avatar means just a representative) Later they claim he's the embodiment of the Dark-Side. I doubt he's the embodiment, otherwise his role would have been similar to the Son.

Emperordmb
watch?v=3_8DUsl1Ea4

Kadan
Over 300 years ago, the great Jedi heroes Revan and Malak stumbled upon long-hidden Sith Empire's capital of Dromund Kaas, and its ruler - a mysterious, almost godlike avatar of the dark side. They argued briefly over whether to alert the Republic and Jedi Council, but Revan was already too consumed by arrogance and anger to consider the possibility of defeat. By the time Revan and Malak approached the Emperor in his throne room, they were already at the precipice of the dark side. It took only a fraction of the Emperor's loathsome power to complete their fall. The Jedi succumbed utterly to the Sith leader's domination and returned to the Republic to spark a new conflict: the Jedi Civil War.

From Star Wars: The Old Republic: Encyclopedia

Spoiler
The plan to invade the Emperor's fortress succeeds beyond Master Braga's greatest ambitions. However, the Jedi find more than they bargained for when they finally confront the Sith leader in his lair. The Emperor is more than a man - he is the living embodiment of the dark side. Armed with incalculable powers of corruption, the Emperor easily defeats the Knight, Master Braga, and their fellow Jedi, twisting them all to the dark side.

Spoiler
The Jedi dispatched scouts and spies to learn as much as they could about this new enemy and its enigmatic leader. However, the Sith Emperor was a master of subterfuge and misdirection, continually thwarting all efforts to uncover his dark secrets.

Most Jedi who ventured into Imperial space vanished without a trace, but a few managed to send back disturbing messages to their Masters. These fragmented communiques showed the Emperor's Jedi pursuers descending into fear, madness, and evil when faced with his power. It quickly became clear the Sith Emperor was more then a brilliant military strategist and cunning political leader. He was a living embodiment of the dark side of the Force who delighted in destroying the minds and spirits of those Jedi who came too close to him.

Kadan
It's not really a joke, as much as I've overly sarcastic. I honestly don't know why Vitiate can't be a Sith, so it just comes naturally until it's explained.

I never stated such a thing, I said Vitiate cant exactly be considered a Sith

Kadan
Vitiate is beyond the word 'Sith'

FreshestSlice

That's actually exactly what you said. confused

Kadan
I meant to type not exactly but eh meh

Kadan
From Star Wars: The Old Republic: Revan

The Emperor was no longer a member of the Sith species; his power and immortality had transformed him into a being unique in the galaxy.

FreshestSlice
Sith is a religion/government/Order as well as a species. He's still very much a Sith in most uses of the word.

Kadan
He's still beyond being called a 'Sith'

Kadan
The sources are funny. First they claim he's only a Near Godlike avatar (An Avatar means just a representative) Later they claim he's the embodiment of the Dark-Side. I doubt he's the embodiment, otherwise his role would have been similar to the Son.

it states that he's a near Godlike being or Avatar. and that he's the embodiment of the dark side

FreshestSlice
it states that he's a near Godlike being or Avatar. and that he's the embodiment of the dark side
He's not either of those things. and even if he was, that wouldn't make him above being a Sith.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
He's not the embodiment of the dark side erm

Kadan
Then admit Vitiate's limitations, restrictions, failure, weakness, and inferiority to Palpatine. http://r26.imgfast.net/users/2613/36/14/96/smiles/3177439056.gif

laughing Sure. In your Dreams.

From Star Wars: The Old Republic: Revan

The Emperor was no longer a member of the Sith species; his power and immortality had transformed him into a being unique in the galaxy.

The Emperor is more than a man - he is the living embodiment of the dark side

Does that answer the question?

Also I don't think the Lord of hunger can be considered a Sith either

Kadan
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
He's not the embodiment of the dark side erm

The plan to invade the Emperor's fortress succeeds beyond Master Braga's greatest ambitions. However, the Jedi find more than they bargained for when they finally confront the Sith leader in his lair. The Emperor is more than a man - he is the living embodiment of the dark side. Armed with incalculable powers of corruption, the Emperor easily defeats the Knight, Master Braga, and their fellow Jedi, twisting them all to the dark side.

The Jedi dispatched scouts and spies to learn as much as they could about this new enemy and its enigmatic leader. However, the Sith Emperor was a master of subterfuge and misdirection, continually thwarting all efforts to uncover his dark secrets.

Most Jedi who ventured into Imperial space vanished without a trace, but a few managed to send back disturbing messages to their Masters. These fragmented communiques showed the Emperor's Jedi pursuers descending into fear, madness, and evil when faced with his power. It quickly became clear the Sith Emperor was more then a brilliant military strategist and cunning political leader. He was a living embodiment of the dark side of the Force who delighted in destroying the minds and spirits of those Jedi who came too close to him.

He's the living Embodiment of The Dark Side

DarthAnt66
Nope. By all accounts, regardless of species, he is still a Sith Lord. Concede.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
@Kadan,

It was a rhetorical question to FreshestSlice thumb up

Kadan
He's not either of those things. and even if he was, that wouldn't make him above being a Sith.

He became Immortal and was no longer a normal being. He was no mortal. And read the statements genius

Kadan
Nope. By all accounts, regardless of species, he is still a Sith Lord. Concede.

Sorry but nope. roll eyes (sarcastic)

DarthAnt66
Then you concede automatically by saying "nope". thumb up

FreshestSlice
He became Immortal and was no longer a normal being. He was no mortal. And read the statements genius
When is it ever said that any of this stops one from being a Sith? And he's not the living embodiment of the Dark Side. That's propaganda at best.

DarthAnt66
thumb up

Kadan
Then you concede automatically by saying "nope". thumb up

Sorry I don't concede, it should't take a genius to notice

Kadan
However Sidious may win, only if its Non Canon EU DE Sidious. But he will never win as easily as you all say

Kalen Sykes
The TOR Encyclopedia calling Vitiate the "most powerful force user who ever existed," and "history's most powerful darkside master," means he was the most powerful up to that point in galactic history. Just because the TOR Encyclopedia was published more recently than the sources on Palpatine, doesn't automatically discount or retcon what's already been said about him. Palpatine is still listed as the most powerful darkside master ever, as of ROTS.

Kadan
The TOR Encyclopedia calling Vitiate the "most powerful force user who ever existed," and "history's most powerful darkside master," means he was the most powerful up to that point in galactic history. Just because the TOR Encyclopedia was published more recently than the sources on Palpatine, doesn't automatically discount or retcon what's already been said about him. Palpatine is still listed as the most powerful darkside master ever, as of ROTS.

Non Canon.

DarthAnt66
Finally, someone understands. thumb up
However, that doesn't deny Vitiate is among the greatest Sith ever.

Kadan

Thank you. EU DE Sidious would beat Vitiate, however if its Canon Sidious then he loses

DarthAnt66
No. Sidious and Plagueis are canonically Vitiate's superior. I would argue RoT Bane and Caedus as well. Vitiate is among the top several though, and immensely powerful in his own respect.

Kalen Sykes

If that was directed at me, then thank you. I agree, Vitiate is definitely among the greats.

Kadan
No. Sidious and Plagueis are canonically Vitiate's superior. I would argue RoT Bane and Caedus as well. Vitiate is among the top several though, and immensely powerful in his own respect.

Incorrect, In canon, neither Sidious or Plagueis have the statements they have in EU

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
And Vitiate doesn't exist thumb up

DarthAnt66
Correct, they have better ones. thumb up
http://www.comicvine.com/profile/silver2467/blog/emperor-palpatinedarth-sidious-respect-thread/63101/
My personal favorite quote out of all of Star Wars lore:
"Now the scene below subtly altered, though to the physical eye there was no change. Powered by the dark side, Dooku's perception took the measure of those below him with exhilarating precision.
Kenobi was luminous, a transparent being, a window onto a sunlit meadow of the Force.
Skywalker was a storm cloud, flickering with dangerous lightning, building the rotation that threatens a tornado.
And then there was Palpatine, of course: he was beyond power. He showed nothing of what might be within. Though seen with the eyes of the dark side itself, Palpatine was an event horizon. Beneath his entirely ordinary surface was absolute, perfect nothingness. Darkness beyond darkness.
A black hole of the Force."

Kalen Sykes
Incorrect, In canon, neither Sidious or Plagueis have the statements they have in EU

In that case, all of the statements to Vitiate's power are non canon, as well. In fact, Sidious (being the canon character) should win by default. However, as Emperordmb pointed out, pitting them in a versus thread puts them both in the same continuity, so all sources and statements should stand, including the ones about Sidious, right?

Kadan
Correct, they have better ones. thumb up
http://www.comicvine.com/profile/silver2467/blog/emperor-palpatinedarth-sidious-respect-thread/63101/
My personal favorite quote out of all of Star Wars lore:
"Now the scene below subtly altered, though to the physical eye there was no change. Powered by the dark side, Dooku's perception took the measure of those below him with exhilarating precision.
Kenobi was luminous, a transparent being, a window onto a sunlit meadow of the Force.
Skywalker was a storm cloud, flickering with dangerous lightning, building the rotation that threatens a tornado.
And then there was Palpatine, of course: he was beyond power. He showed nothing of what might be within. Though seen with the eyes of the dark side itself, Palpatine was an event horizon. Beneath his entirely ordinary surface was absolute, perfect nothingness. Darkness beyond darkness.
A black hole of the Force."

roll eyes (sarcastic) That's non canon genius, only the movies and TWC is canon

DarthAnt66
I feel you are now actively trolling.
For one, the novels are canon: https://twitter.com/DelReyStarWars?original_referer=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.theforce. %20net%2Fstory%2Ffront%2FYes_The_Star_Wars_Movie_N
ove%3Cbr%20/%3Elizations_Are_Canon_157749.asp&tw_i=461541040273764352&tw_p=tweetembed
For two, by that logic, Vitiate is non-canon too.

Kadan
In that case, all of the statements to Vitiate's power are non canon, as well. In fact, Sidious (being the canon character) should win by default. However, as Emperordmb pointed out, pitting them in a versus thread puts them both in the same continuity, so all sources and statements should stand, including the ones about Sidious, right?

Unless the thread maker specifies that this is canon or non canon Sidious, then we can use what ever Sid we want. Or just use EU Sid

Kadan
I feel you are now actively trolling.
For one, the novels are canon: https://twitter.com/DelReyStarWars?original_referer=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.theforce. %20net%2Fstory%2Ffront%2FYes_The_Star_Wars_Movie_N
ove%3Cbr%20/%3Elizations_Are_Canon_157749.asp&tw_i=461541040273764352&tw_p=tweetembed
For two, by that logic, Vitiate is non-canon too.

Incorrect the novels of the movies are not canon, in fact they show events differently

DarthAnt66
Go read the link. Movie novels are canon as long as they don't contradict the movie.

Kadan
Go read the link. Movie novels are canon as long as they don't contradict the movie.

Get over your self genius. NON CANON

DarthAnt66
So it seems KMC has been infested with another PTforthewin.
To be completely honest, I prefer the original. At least he has humor.

Kadan
LOL

Kadan
To clarify, movie novelizations are canon where they align with what is seen on screen in the 6 films and the Clone Wars animated movie.

That is not correct, as only the movies and TWC are canon. And the fact that the novels portray things differently, and that events are different should show that they are not canon. Actually, who said that? I got rid of the link of reading that

Kalen Sykes
Unless the thread maker specifies that this is canon or non canon Sidious, then we can use what ever Sid we want. Or just use EU Sid

So let me get this straight. Since the OP specified ROTS Palpatine, only sources from the first 3 movies, and TCW can be used in a VS thread with 3 EU characters?

Kalen Sykes
Sorry, I didn't notice that until now. True, very true I'l concede

Then why did you agree and concede when Emperordmb made the exact same argument about characters in a vs thread being in the same continuity?

I apologize for the double post, but I wasn't sure how to quote twice.

DarthAnt66
Just ignore him.

PTforthewin
Whats emperordmb's real name? I would like to be friends with him in real life.

Kadan
So it seems KMC has been infested with another PTforthewin.
To be completely honest, I prefer the original. At least he has humor.

So I guess we are on bad terms now?

Kadan
So let me get this straight. Since the OP specified ROTS Palpatine, only sources from the first 3 movies, and TCW can be used in a VS thread with 3 EU characters?

ROTS is a movie and a book

Kadan
Movie canon and book non canon....well. DarthAnt i asked you a question before

Kadan
Then why did you agree and concede when Emperordmb made the exact same argument about characters in a vs thread being in the same continuity?

I apologize for the double post, but I wasn't sure how to quote twice.

embarrasment I forgot

PTforthewin
ROTS is a movie and a book ROTS is also a video game you ignorant ****.

DarthAnt66
So I guess we are on bad terms now?
Depends. You are rather new and stubborn like I was when I joined SWF, so I can understand your confusion and desire for superiority.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>