Anakin Skywalker ROTS vs Hero of Tython (Sabers only)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Force sabers all out

Kadan
Hero wins. Canon Anakin is nothing special

S_W_LeGenD
I'd vouch for Hero of Tython

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by Kadan
Hero wins. Canon Anakin is nothing special
There is no canon Hero of Tython using this logic.

Kadan
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
There is no canon Hero of Tython using this logic.

Correct

Kadan
However this is ROTS Anakin, so I'll assume that its Canon Anakin, vs the Non Canon Hero, in this battle Hero wins

FreshestSlice
Uh, no. It's Anakin with everything he did up until 19 BBY. And even using that logic, Anakin is above Dooku, who is not destroyed by HoT in the slightest.

Emperordmb
General rule of thumb is that if there's a Legends character involved, it's the Legends version of both characters unless otherwise specified.

Kadan
Uh, no. It's Anakin with everything he did up until 19 BBY. And even using that logic, Anakin is above Dooku, who is not destroyed by HoT in the slightest.

So?
Canon Anakin is Movie Anakin. EU and books based on movies are no longer canon, so Dooku is unimpressive, same goes for Anakin

The Merchant
Anakin>>Episode IV Luke. If we use movie feats we get Luke who was barely using the force reacting at speeds that was 3,756 times the speed of sound. I got this because of how fast the X-wings were moving, assumed Yavin and Yavin IV had the same distance Earth and the Moon has, then used the time-frame we're given to us in the film "Less than 5 minutes." Do note this is EXTREMELY low-balling the speeds of an X-wing, because for one that time-frame was not established when they left Yavin IV, that time-frame was said when they were already half-way crossing Yavin and were going to get to the Death Star in less than 5 minutes. In real-time they only took like seconds, maybe a minute or 2 at most. I applied the time-frame by making the X-wings JUST arrive Yavin, or crossing the distance that is like the Earth/Moon system. I then made it exactly 5 minutes since less than is vague. Finally, I divided the distance by 5. The distance is 384,400 Kilometers. This means every minute the X-wings would have to have had crossed 76,880 Kilometers. And that's just cruising speed, according to Gold Leader they need to accelerate to reach Attack Speed. To top it all off this is still assuming the ships just reached Yavin, in reality they were already halfway there.

Kadan
Originally posted by The Merchant
Anakin>>Episode IV Luke. If we use movie feats we get Luke who was barely using the force reacting at speeds that was 3,756 times the speed of sound. I got this because of how fast the X-wings were moving, assumed Yavin and Yavin IV had the same distance Earth and the Moon has, then used the time-frame we're given to us in the film "Less than 5 minutes." Do note this is EXTREMELY low-balling the speeds of an X-wing, because for one that time-frame was not established when they left Yavin IV, that time-frame was said when they were already half-way crossing Yavin and were going to get to the Death Star in less than 5 minutes. In real-time they only took like seconds, maybe a minute or 2 at most. I applied the time-frame by making the X-wings JUST arrive Yavin, or crossing the distance that is like the Earth/Moon system. I then made it exactly 5 minutes since less than is vague. Finally, I divided the distance by 5. The distance is 384,400 Kilometers. This means every minute the X-wings would have to have had crossed 76,880 Kilometers. And that's just cruising speed, according to Gold Leader they need to accelerate to reach Attack Speed. To top it all off this is still assuming the ships just reached Yavin, in reality they were already halfway there.

What the ****? He never did anything like that in Canon, unless your talking about Luke when he was in a ship, which doesn't count

The Merchant
Luke removed targeting navigation and relied strictly on the Force to make the shot that destroyed the Death Star. He basically timed the perfect shot when he was moving at those speeds. Not to mention that in ROTS we see those same ships from the bridge of the Invisible Hand. Obi-wan and Anakin when they were fighting Dooku were moving much faster than the Ships outside. We can assume that the ships were moving at least as fast as X-wings. Further proof that backs up fighter speeds is when the Millenium Falcon left Hoth and went to hide in its Asteroid field. The distance of our asteroid field and Earth is 90 million Kilometers. In real time that took roughly 5 minutes for the Falcon which was being chased by Star Destroyers and Tie fighters to reach it. That basically puts them at 99% the speed of light.

FreshestSlice
So?
Canon Anakin is Movie Anakin. EU and books based on movies are no longer canon, so Dooku is unimpressive, same goes for Anakin
I'm guessing you didn't actually pay attention to anything said about Dooku in the movies. Dooku is impressive, period. And TCW is still canon, where Dooku has plenty of feats. Calm down. This is the EU forum, so EU material will always be in play unless stated otherwise.

Kadan
I think that's called precognition. Not impressive

The Merchant
Prove it was pre-cognition. And if it WAS Pre-cognition he still would have had to time the attacks right, you can't simply have pre-cognition and not any speed, especially since the speeds he was moving was in the thousands of times range. That's like knowing lightning is going to hit you but not being fast enough to move away.

Kadan
Prove it was pre-cognition. And if it WAS Pre-cognition he still would have had to time the attacks right, you can't simply have pre-cognition and not any speed, especially since the speeds he was moving was in the thousands of times range. That's like knowing lightning is going to hit you but not being fast enough to move away.

Vastly different circumstances. Luke was in a ****ing ship, all he needed to do was time the attack right.

NewGuy01
XD This guy is such a troll.

FreshestSlice
I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt considering their in depth analyse of Revan's saber feats.

Kadan
Originally posted by NewGuy01
XD This guy is such a troll.

HUH?

Kadan
I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt considering their in depth analyse of Revan's saber feats.

Thank you, at least if your talking about me?

Kadan
Why in the ****ing shit did Lucas need to do what he did to canon?

Lord Stark
Lucas didn't do anything. But Disney did us right by rebooting the continuum. As TCWs found there were too many retcons to be made, and far too much shit to sift through. This way they can use the good stuff, and get rid of the bad stuff.

Kadan
Actually it was Lucas

Kadan
On April 25, 2014, Lucasfilm officially revised the canon, stating that all previously released Expanded Universe materials considered C-Canon would be henceforth S-Canon, and will be republished under the Star Wars: Legends banner. Any new published EU material will be officially considered C-Canon, unless otherwise stated

Kadan
S canon basically means Non Canon

The Merchant
Once again, him timing the shot while going at those speeds proves his reactions are extremely fast. Not even the computer targeting systems on the X-wings, which calculates going at those speeds since they help the Pilots take down TIE fighters and what-not, couldn't make a precise shot.

PTforthewin
D-canon = Dick canon

Kadan
Once again, him timing the shot while going at those speeds proves his reactions are extremely fast. Not even the computer targeting systems on the X-wings, which calculates going at those speeds since they help the Pilots take down TIE fighters and what-not, couldn't make a precise shot.

sick Still going on about that?

Lord Stark
On April 25, 2014, Lucasfilm officially revised the canon, stating that all previously released Expanded Universe materials considered C-Canon would be henceforth S-Canon, and will be republished under the Star Wars: Legends banner. Any new published EU material will be officially considered C-Canon, unless otherwise stated

http://img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090428120119/uncyclopedia/images/2/2f/Facepalm_emote_gif.gif Bro Disney bought Lucasarts back in 2012.

Kadan
Eh? I'm that far behind?

Kadan
'Sobs' uncontrollably

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.