HoT vs ROTS Sidious

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
1. Sabers

2. Force

3. All-Out

Battle takes place where he fought Yoda.

Who wins?

PTforthewin
Sidious. ROTS Mace > HoT in TK AND sabers

carthage
Sidious easily i'm afraid

Emperordmb
Sidious rather comfortably.

Lord Stark
Originally posted by Emperordmb

thumb up

Nalaniel

*nod*

Jmanghan
It was my understanding that Sidious was Revan level during ROTS.

Emperordmb
Are you kidding me?

Jmanghan
Are you kidding me?

Unless this is the same Sidious that wiped out a republic fleet with a force storm, and assuming that HoT is legimately more powerful then Vitiate, then he should at least stalemate. He has the saber skill to keep up with Sidious, and I'm honestly sure he could block Sidious lightning if even for a little bit, I put HoT a little behind Yoda, Full-Strength Yoda.

S_W_LeGenD
The sheer underestimation of HoT is not even funny. Some people just mindlessly assume that no one can compete with Yoda and Sidious.

DarthAnt66
Originally posted by Jmanghan
http://images.killermovies.com/forums/moresmilies/no.gif

Lord Stark
Originally posted by Jmanghan

"Yoda could not defeat the most powerful Sith Lord in history."

DarthAnt66
Yoda never fought Bandon. confused

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Lord Stark
"Yoda could not defeat the most powerful Sith Lord in history."

The only two things he did that were impressive in that movie was speed-blitzing Saesee Tiin, Agen Kolar, Killing Kit Fisto, losing to Mace Windu, and beating Yoda (or stalemating him if you wanna look at it that way)

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Sidious, though it definitely isn't a stomp.

King Joker
Sidious.

Stigma
Similar to how HoT's fight with Yoda will go, so Sidious wins.

Lord Stark
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Sidious, though it definitely isn't a stomp.

Really? It certainly isn't that close. Unlike with Vitiate, Sidious knows how to use a saber, and if he tries and block Sidious lightning, he'll eat ozone and lightsaber as Mace would have if Sidious wasn't so busy seducing Anakin.

Essentially the advantages he held over Vitiate will be completely gone.

carthage
I actually gathered a few different things after listening to that audiobook. The way Silver explained it Mace would've been wtfpwned by Sidious easily, but when he was in Vaapad (yes, i credit his amp for having survived) why did Sidious allow himself to be singed by his lightning?

Lord Stark
Originally posted by carthage
I actually gathered a few different things after listening to that audiobook. The way Silver explained it Mace would've been wtfpwned by Sidious easily, but when he was in Vaapad (yes, i credit his amp for having survived) why did Sidious allow himself to be singed by his lightning?

He didn't. But its pretty clear that Mace was about to eat his own saber in the novel. And it is at that point that Lucas says Sidious feigns being weak.

Nephthys
Mace about to eat his saber directly contradicts what Lucas showed onscreen. Mace was pushing forward, not pushed back.

carthage
ROTS novelization is cannon you can't contradict it it really happened?!!

Nephthys
Yet through the miraculous gift of vision I can look at the actual scene with my actual eyes and see that the novels description of events is complete ostrich-shit.

carthage
The ROTS novelization expands on the story Lucas would've wrote, it happened.

Lord Stark
Originally posted by Nephthys
Mace about to eat his saber directly contradicts what Lucas showed onscreen. Mace was pushing forward, not pushed back.

laughing Sorry but no. In the new canon everything is of the same level of canon.

Nephthys
Originally posted by Lord Stark
laughing Sorry but no. In the new canon everything is of the same level of canon.

And since the movie came out after the book did, it overwrites the latter.

Lord Stark
And since the movie came out after the book did, it overwrites the latter.

Nice try mate. An canon interpretation of a canon source overrides an n-canon interpretation aka your opinion.

Mace is clearly struggling and barely holding back Sidious' lightning.

Nephthys
It's not an interpretation that Windu's lightsaber was moving towards Sidious instead of away from him. Therefore it's not an interpretation that Windu wasn't choking on ozone or having his lightsaber bend back towards his face. It's also not an interpretation that if someone is able to push and move forward against a force then they are not being overwhelmed by it.

Windu was having trouble yes. But he wasn't about to "eat ozone and lightsaber". That's not an interpretation, that's what Lucas put on the screen, undeniably.

Lord Stark
It's not an interpretation that Windu's lightsaber was moving towards Sidious instead of away from him. Therefore it's not an interpretation that Windu wasn't choking on ozone or having his lightsaber bend back towards his face. It's also not an interpretation that if someone is able to push and move forward against a force then they are not being overwhelmed by it.

Windu was having trouble yes. But he wasn't about to "eat ozone and lightsaber". That's not an interpretation, that's what Lucas put on the screen, undeniably.

Author's intent is clear here though. That being said though after reading the script. I'll concede that point.

PALPATINE raises his hands, and lightning bolts shoot out. They are blocked by MACE's lightsaber. PALPATINE is pushed back against the window sill.

MACE pushes PALPATINE out to the edge of the ledge. As the Jedi moves closer, the bolts from Palpatine's hands begin to arch back on him. The Chancellor's face begins to twist and distort. His eyes become yellow as he struggles to intensify his powers.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.