Why are cybernetics causing characters to have superstrength?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
I have been wondering about this, and everyone I've seen has always said that people, just because they have cybernetics in the SW Universe, automatically have near super-human strength, able to overpower others just because they have a cybernetic mouth or something, people like Darth Malgus, Darth Malak and such, Darth Vader is obviously an exception because he can claim to have superhuman strength, half his body is a machine.

But really?

PTforthewin
The force

Emperordmb
Cybernetic mouth is bullshit.

Vader has cybernetic arms which function like a machine to achieve greater strength.

Someone like Malgus who has various cybernetic implants but not necessarily cybernetic arms can take advantage of the mass of the cybernetics.

Darth Abonis
A machine is more powerful and efficient than muscle fiber, plus Vader once remarked in Rise of the Dark Lord, that he could adjust the pistons in his arms to crush the hilt of his new lightsaber, implying that some users may increase the strength of their prosthetics on purpose.

chilled monkey
Originally posted by Jmanghan
I have been wondering about this, and everyone I've seen has always said that people, just because they have cybernetics in the SW Universe, automatically have near super-human strength, able to overpower others just because they have a cybernetic mouth or something, people like Darth Malgus, Darth Malak and such, Darth Vader is obviously an exception because he can claim to have superhuman strength, half his body is a machine.

But really?

It depends on how much of their body has been replaced by machinery. Obviously if it's just the mouth or something that's nonsensical, but if their limbs are cybernetic then yes, they would have enhanced strength as metal has a much higher tensile strength than muscle or bone.

Keep in mind that even if their limbs 'appear' normal they may have internal cybernetic components. In the case of Malgus while his respirator is his most visible component his entire body was mangled when he was crushed by a rockslide so it seems likely that he has other, internal machinery as well

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.