HoT vs Mace Windu

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jmanghan
1. Sabers

2. Force

3. All-Out

Kadan
That's a difficult one

Kadan
Maybe Hero

carthage
Windu

Kadan
Originally posted by carthage
Windu

blink Hero smile

NewGuy01
Yeah, I'd probably side with Mace as well.

Kadan
I guess Windu can pull out a win

PTforthewin
Windu has great TK feats, it's even shown in the NCW

FreshestSlice
So does the Hero of Tython.

Honestly, as far as sabers go, I'd put them pretty level. Force mastery will pull the edge here, especially without Mace's Vaapad being amped.

Kadan
I'd say its 50/50

Nephthys
Hero. I can easily just say she mindrapes him.

S_W_LeGenD
IMO, the only Jedi who can defeat HoT is Luke Skywalker.

deathslash
Mace wins more times than not

FreshestSlice
Windu hasn't shown anything that places him over the Hero of Tython. They're pretty even.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
imma go with the Hero in this one.

Lord Stark
Originally posted by Nephthys
Hero. I can easily just say she mindrapes him.

You could. You would be wrong though. That being said the Hero has the advantage.

Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
IMO, the only Jedi who can defeat HoT is Luke Skywalker.

Yoda http://i.imgur.com/hbNJ6C0.png

Stigma
Windu wins after a very tough fight.

Jmanghan
I think HoT takes this. His saber skills just seem to outmatch Mace, if only because Mace can't use his Vaapad.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Jmanghan
I think HoT takes this. His saber skills just seem to outmatch Mace, if only because Mace can't use his Vaapad.
Mace can still use Vaapad.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
I'd argue his force strength being better, as well.

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Mace can still use Vaapad.

Because that's a smart choice. "Hmm, Maybe I should use Vaapad, which I specifically made to fight Dark Siders, against a Powerful Light Sider who's arguably already on my level! Of course!"

Emperordmb
Because that's a smart choice. "Hmm, Maybe I should use Vaapad, which I specifically made to fight Dark Siders, against a Powerful Light Sider who's arguably already on my level! Of course!"
Mace made Vaapad to channel his own inner darkness, the fact that he can do it to his opponents is an added bonus.

Just because it grants an amp against Dark Siders doesn't mean it's a poor choice otherwise. As it stands Mace can still channel his own inner darkness, and it's still an effective form VII variant.

Jmanghan
Mace made Vaapad to channel his own inner darkness, the fact that he can do it to his opponents is an added bonus.

Just because it grants an amp against Dark Siders doesn't mean it's a poor choice otherwise. As it stands Mace can still channel his own inner darkness, and it's still an effective form VII variant.

True, but I still think Vaapad against a light sider of HoT's caliber is a bad move. And it's kind of a risk, because he has no one to channel that inner darkness to, I think it'd be just as useful in this fight as plan Juyo itself.

Emperordmb
True, but I still think Vaapad against a light sider of HoT's caliber is a bad move. And it's kind of a risk, because he has no one to channel that inner darkness to, I think it'd be just as useful in this fight as plan Juyo itself.
just because Vaapad provides an amp against darksiders does not mean it provides a detriment against lightsiders.

And what makes Juyo so unuseful?

Jmanghan
just because Vaapad provides an amp against darksiders does not mean it provides a detriment against lightsiders.

And what makes Juyo so unuseful?

I'm not saying it's unuseful, but Vaapad has been implied to be at a disadvantage against light siders.

Emperordmb
I'm not saying it's unuseful, but Vaapad has been implied to be at a disadvantage against light siders.
where was that implied?

Jmanghan
where was that implied?

"The power of Vaapad is simple: it is a channel for one's inner darkness; and it is a reflecting device." How can it be reflected if one doesn't have darkness, canonically, HoT has done everything the lightsided way, regardless of how everyone played. So, if there is no inner darkness to reflect, how can it be reflected?

This issue came up when Tulsar Leidias tried to recreate Vaapad, but didn't have the inner darkness to do so. I'm sure Vaapad will be handy to have in this fight, but it isn't giving Mace any advantages.

Emperordmb
"The power of Vaapad is simple: it is a channel for one's inner darkness; and it is a reflecting device." How can it be reflected if one doesn't have darkness, canonically, HoT has done everything the lightsided way, regardless of how everyone played. So, if there is no inner darkness to reflect, how can it be reflected?

This issue came up when Tulsar Leidias tried to recreate Vaapad, but didn't have the inner darkness to do so. I'm sure Vaapad will be handy to have in this fight, but it isn't giving Mace any advantages.
Mace could still use his own inner darkness.

And what advantages would any other style he uses give him?

Jmanghan
Mace could still use his own inner darkness.

And what advantages would any other style he uses give him?

Yes, he could, but he couldn't channel it, or reflect it, therefore making it almost useless.

Emperordmb
Yes, he could, but he couldn't channel it, or reflect it, therefore making it almost useless.
He is perfectly capable of channeling his own darkness.

WTF?

Based

lol
"I created Vaapad to answer my weakness: it channels my own darkness into a weapon of the light."

Jmanghan
He is perfectly capable of channeling his own darkness.

WTF? How is he going to channel it when there is nothing reflecting it? It'd basically be a Dark Sider against a Light Sider (In combat terms, of course)

Emperordmb
How is he going to channel it when there is nothing reflecting it? It'd basically be a Dark Sider against a Light Sider (In combat terms, of course)
He doesn't need something to reflect it WTF?

Jmanghan
Originally posted by Based
lol
"I created Vaapad to answer my weakness: it channels my own darkness into a weapon of the light." He created it to use against Dark Siders. Quinlan Vos doesn't count, as he was on the Dark Side when Windu defeated him.

Based
He created it to use against Dark Siders. Quinlan Vos doesn't count, as he was on the Dark Side when Windu defeated him.

He created it to CHANNEL HIS OWN DARKNESS. I'm not sure how to make that clearer. He made it to counter his dark side nature, not anyone elses.

Jmanghan
He doesn't need something to reflect it WTF? He needs to be fighting someone with Inner Darkness, something HoT does not have, reflecting as in, his inner darkness is bouncing off of someone else who is USING, but not channeling, THEIR inner darkness.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Based
He created it to CHANNEL HIS OWN DARKNESS. I'm not sure how to make that clearer. He made it to counter his dark side nature, not anyone elses.
TRUTH

Emperordmb
He needs to be fighting someone with Inner Darkness, something HoT does not have, reflecting as in, his inner darkness is bouncing off of someone else who is USING, but not channeling, THEIR inner darkness.
No! No he doesn't!

FreshestSlice
I don't think it's ever been said that every single choice everywhere had to be a light side option. It's just that when it comes to huge events with great swing, they are lightsided. Either way, the HoT, being a lightsider aside, still has inner darkness just like everyone else, so I don't even get what the point of this was. That being said, Vaapad won't give Mace the edge here.

NewGuy01
Well, Scourge canonically did say the Hero was touched by darkness, despite whether or not you make LS or DS choices. So technically, Mace still has another fraction of darkness to work with.

PTforthewin
They would never fight! There both jedis!

Based
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Well, Scourge canonically did say the Hero was touched by darkness, despite whether or not you make LS or DS choices. So technically, Mace still has another fraction of darkness to work with.

Is this a cutscene that can't be avoided or is it unique to one of the three dialogue choices?

Nephthys
He says it when you meet him regardless of what you say.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.