Galen Marek vs Satele Shan

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WildBantha88
who wins who dies?

PTforthewin
Galen Marek
Reasons why: He beat vader and put palpatine on his ass.
2. He has greater TK
3. He's stronger in the force
4. His saber skills are more impressive
5. He just has to much raw power for her.

Kalen Sykes
Originally posted by PTforthewin
Galen Marek
Reasons why: He beat vader and put palpatine on his ass.
2. He has greater TK
3. He's stronger in the force
4. His saber skills are more impressive
5. He just has to much raw power for her.

This, minus the Palpatine part. He did drive the Emperor back with debris, when he was electrocuting Kota, but that was as far as it went, in the novel. Even then, he tries the "pitiful old man routine," but it doesn't work. That's when he went all out, and Marek made the decision to sacrifice himself.

Based
Satele.

Kalen Sykes
Originally posted by Based
Satele.

Why her?

NewGuy01
Well, Shan's Tutaminis would make short work of Galen's Lightning, so that is out of the picture.

Their lightsaber skill should be pretty close, Satele was already capable of holding out against opponents like Darth Malgus and Darth Baras prior to her peak, but she apparently was never good enough to outperform a respectable Darth Councillor. Galen Marek on the other hand was a master of multiple lightsaber forms, and proved his capabilities when he fought rather evenly against pre-ANH Vader in a standard lightsaber duel, if anything he had the advantage after the initial bout. Admittedly, though, Council level duelists like Shaak Ti were also able to press Marek heavily, so this is a close match--But I'm awarding the victory to Starkiller.

As for their respective Telekinetic showings, Galen has been depicted tossing TIE fighters, buckling landing docks, and killing with the force of his pushes. Satele conversely has completely obliterated blast doors, shattered rock, and utterly demolished groups of Jedi-killing Hex droids telekinetically. Really they seem pretty closely matched in terms of telekinetic ability, so I won't look into it much further.

Satele has a lot of esoteric abilities such as high level stealth skills, Shatterpoint, Battle Meditation, and a few other neat traits--it's possible that this might even out any disparities between them. In the end though, I really can't come up with a decisive victor, but if forced to choose I'd probably side with Marek despite my distaste for him.

Kalen Sykes
I'm going to assume that since you're calling him Galen Marek, you mean the TFU version and not the clone. Could you verify that, please?

WildBantha88
Galen Marek = TFU StarKiller = TFU2

Kalen Sykes
Originally posted by WildBantha88
Galen Marek = TFU StarKiller = TFU2

Except they're not the same power wise or skill set wise.

WildBantha88
Originally posted by Kalen Sykes
Except they're not the same power wise or skill set wise.

I never said they were. I was answering your question as to if this is TFU1 or TFU2

Kalen Sykes
I never said they were. I was answering your question as to if this is TFU1 or TFU2

Then I apologize for the confusion. I guess I just don't understand your answer. It looked like you were saying they were all equal to each other. Galen Marek was both more powerful than Vader and better in sabers, while Starkiller was more powerful, but weaker in sabers.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Kalen Sykes
Then I apologize for the confusion. I guess I just don't understand your answer. It looked like you were saying they were all equal to each other. Galen Marek was both more powerful than Vader and better in sabers, while Starkiller was more powerful, but weaker in sabers.
Here's an idea... Vader improved between the two games.

WildBantha88
both galen and starkiller are unimpressive with sabers
Galen>Starkiller force powers

NewGuy01
To be honest in direct comparison, both the Clone and the Original are about equal in strength.

NewGuy01
both galen and starkiller are unimpressive with sabers
Galen>Starkiller force powers

Wrong on both points. thumb down

PTforthewin
Galen is starkiller

Kalen Sykes
Originally posted by Emperordmb
Here's an idea... Vader improved between the two games.

I think he did, too. I was just trying to say Galen Marek (TFU) and Starkiller (TFU2) are 2 different people. I just wanted to verify which one was being used, that's all. Marek out dueled Vader and was more powerful in the Force, but Starkiller was more powerful than Marek in the Force.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.