DBZ: Can Namekians/Nameks do race mixing?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

atv2
I'm aware that they are self reproductive however are they capable of race-mixing like the Saiyan race?

BloodRain
Probably, if the first Piccolo's batch of kids means anything

SSJGGogeta
Wait, I'm not sure I understand.

Namekians aren't male OR female. They asexually reproduce, meaning their species can't breed at all, let alone "race-mix".

Bentley
They just use dragon balls to wish for race mixing.

dadudemon
No, they cannot race mix unless they use dragonballs to wish, like Bentley pointed out.

I'm sure Dr. Briefs could come up with a way for it to happen. Dr. Gero, too.

SSJGGogeta
Well that's kind of why I said I didn't get the question.

The Namekians themselves cannot mix races, because the dragon cannot physically change a living being more powerful than itself, albeit there are some exceptions, but they definitely cannot effect somethings literal biology without it being weaker than the dragon. And we've seen that anyone 3 times stronger than King Piccolo is also stronger than Porunga, and King Piccolo is insanely weak compared to most Namekians.

Anyway, yes, we've seen that Dr. Gero, and possibly Dr. Briefs, can mix their species with cellular manipulation, but they still can't do it naturally.

Q99
Dr. Gero did- The result being Cell.

Science or magic is certainly required.

Bentley
King Piccolo is stronger than most the namekians we met, actually.

They were implied to be mostly a pacific race with no fighting prowess aside from the fighting caste.

SSJGGogeta
Originally posted by Bentley
King Piccolo is stronger than most the namekians we met, actually.

They were implied to be mostly a pacific race with no fighting prowess aside from the fighting caste.

No, because remember Elder Moori was able to at least hold off Dodoria for a while? Dodoria's power was around 20,000, and King Piccolo's was presumably about 200.

That's precisely why Nappa said that Piccolo should have been stronger, considering he was a Namekian.

Q99
Namek warriors were stronger than Freiza goons, after all.

Bentley
Originally posted by SSJGGogeta
No, because remember Elder Moori was able to at least hold off Dodoria for a while? Dodoria's power was around 20,000, and King Piccolo's was presumably about 200.

That's precisely why Nappa said that Piccolo should have been stronger, considering he was a Namekian.

So do you think that Dende or some other random Namek could trash Piccolo? If we were to assume stuff like that Saiyans would actually be a weaker race than nameks overall, barring Saiyan transformations (that were unreachable back in the day).

SSJGGogeta
Originally posted by Bentley
So do you think that Dende or some other random Namek could trash Piccolo? If we were to assume stuff like that Saiyans would actually be a weaker race than nameks overall, barring Saiyan transformations (that were unreachable back in the day).

What? When did Dende fight anybody? Like, ever?

Yes though, I would say that's a pretty safe statement to make. In fact, with Nail alone, every Saiyan on Vegeta period would be trash, until we bring in the great apes.

Hell, even the Tuffles, which were insinuated to be similar to humans in terms of battle prowess, could hold off the Saiyans with their incredible technology before they transformed.

Q99
Looking at the DB wiki, some random Namekian warriors were at 3k according to scouters (1k before powering up). And apparently some other registered at 10k?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.