Darth Maul v. The Red Viper & The Mountain

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

The_Tempest
The duel takes place where the Red Viper and the Mountain fought. No EU feats for Maul, no offensive use the Force. Assume that their weapons are lightsaber resistant.

NemeBro
Are you stupid?

ScreamPaste
haermm

Epicurus
Maul mauls them.

focus4chumps
Originally posted by The_Tempest
no offensive use the Force. Assume that their weapons are lightsaber resistant.

well may as well hog-tie him and shove a live grenade up his ass. you murdered poor maul.

The_Tempest
Originally posted by NemeBro
Are you stupid?

You read the OP?

NemeBro
So did you never actually watch Star Wars?

Because Maul is still considerably faster than any human could be, considering he fought Obi and Liam Neeson at the same time, who could clear a long corridor in a couple seconds.

The_Tempest

Because Maul is still considerably faster than any human could be, considering he fought Obi and Liam Neeson at the same time, who could clear a long corridor in a couple seconds.

I excluded EU feats (which includes, as far as I'm concerned, movie novelizations and scripts). All that's included is literally what we see on film. It's true that Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon can, on-screen, move excessively superhuman. But we don't see them fight that way other than in peak human condition. In other words, this thread assumes that what we see comprises the limit of what they do.

quanchi112

Because Maul is still considerably faster than any human could be, considering he fought Obi and Liam Neeson at the same time, who could clear a long corridor in a couple seconds. Travel speed doesn't mean anything with relation to reflexes in a fight. Quit using that horrendous logic.

The_Tempest
Originally posted by quanchi112
Travel speed doesn't mean anything with relation to reflexes in a fight. Quit using that horrendous logic.

Nah. In the normal scenario, I'd assume the same. But I tried to limit Maul to literally what we saw on-screen, because otherwise, he'd effortlessly curbstomp these two. But confined to screen feats alone, I think this could be a really good fight.

quanchi112
Nah. In the normal scenario, I'd assume the same. But I tried to limit Maul to literally what we saw on-screen, because otherwise, he'd effortlessly curbstomp these two. But confined to screen feats alone, I think this could be a really good fight. I don't care what you did travel speed isn't the same as reflexes during a fight.

The_Tempest
I don't care what you did travel speed isn't the same as reflexes during a fight.

Cool story bro. Do you have an opinion as to this thread?

quanchi112
Cool story bro. Do you have an opinion as to this thread? They both kill the Mountain. Then they both kill the Georges who made stupid mistakes with their characters.

NemeBro
Oberyn deserved to die. He was incompetent, and he died like an incompetent man.

Anyway Maul wins.

The_Tempest
Oberyn deserved to die. He was incompetent, and he died like an incompetent man.

Anyway Maul wins.

You don't think they can win even with him gimped? I figured the relatively confined fighting space might work to their advantage. After all, with Obi-Wan & Qui-Gon, he lured and led them throughout the labyrinthine power plant. And don't forget that both have the advantage of natural reach (Clegane) or weapon reach (Oberyn).

NemeBro
I disagree with the notion that Maul and friends are constrained to peak human fighting capability.

They're not.

quanchi112

Anyway Maul wins. No, he wasn't. He was arrogant and took his eyes off the prize. His skill level made the Mountain look more like a small hill.

Both kill the Mountain.

NemeBro
No, he wasn't. He was arrogant and took his eyes off the prize. Right, so he's incompetent.

Anyway, Oberyn isn't fighting the Mountain in this thread. You're breaking the rules girlyboy.

quanchi112
Right, so he's incompetent.

Anyway, Oberyn isn't fighting the Mountain in this thread. You're breaking the rules girlyboy. No, incompetence means he cannot do the job. He was perfectly adequate in destroying the Mountain in combat but was arrogant after he pulled the weapon out.

The Mountain's skill level was terrible tbh.

The_Tempest
I disagree with the notion that Maul and friends are constrained to peak human fighting capability.

They're not.

I already explained that they're being limited to just what we see on screen. Save for the one time that Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan retreat down the hallway of the Trade Federation flagship from the droidekas, we never actually see speed feats in vast excess of Oberyn.

NemeBro
He had one job: Win the duel for Tyrion.

He failed at that job.

Incompetence.

quanchi112
He had one job: Win the duel for Tyrion.

He failed at that job.

Incompetence. You don't know the difference between incompetence and reckless. You are ignoring the context of him getting a confession which he got. If the Mountain dies then he met two of his goals as he did confess.

NemeBro

quanchi112

NemeBro
Being reckless is an incompetent character trait.

"This is not the day I die" LOLNOPE

quanchi112
Being reckless is an incompetent character trait.

"This is not the day I die" LOLNOPE He died because he was reckless not incompetent. He was competent at destroying Gregor just reckless in pulling the weapon out of him and looking elsewhere.

smile

NemeBro
He lost the duel and his life, screaming like a girl and leaving his poor paramour without him.

He's a selfish, incompetent man.

quanchi112
He lost the duel and his life, screaming like a girl and leaving his poor paramour without him.

He's a selfish, incompetent man. You don't know what competence means. I explained that he was reckless. He was.

Skill wise he crushes the Mountain. He still got his confession as well.

Amazing.

laughing out loud

NemeBro
Incompetence means he can't succeed.

He didn't. He failed and died screaming. Just like his sister.

quanchi112
Incompetence means he can't succeed.

He didn't. He failed and died screaming. Just like his sister. He succeeded in acquiring a concession and if Gregor dies he succeeded at fang as well.

He did die due to being reckless and pulling his weapon out of the skill less Clegane.

laughing out loud

NemeBro
He succeeded in dying.

quanchi112
He succeeded in dying. That was due to carelessness. I'll laugh my ass off if the Mountain dies or suffers, and later dies.

Stoic
Maul is simply too fast, and too strong for these two to keep up. With or without the force.

DTM
Again, Maul takes this solidly. The Moutain will literally be dead in seconds, and Viper will last a little longer but in the end Maul cuts him in two. GOT guys are just Not on the level of jedi/sith, even with these limitations put on them.

StealthRanger
Travel speed doesn't mean anything with relation to reflexes in a fight. Quit using that horrendous logic.

MovieCodec's that way --> http://lounge.moviecodec.com/vs-forum/

You fail

Anyways, Maul blitzes and TK's the ****ers

TheHulk
The convo between neme and quan is too much for me to handle laughing out loud

Utrigita
Maul ftw, without any problems what so ever.

Bardock42
Darth Maul

quanchi112
Originally posted by StealthRanger
MovieCodec's that way --> http://lounge.moviecodec.com/vs-forum/

You fail

Anyways, Maul blitzes and TK's the ****ers It isn't the same thing at all.

If it was then everyone would say Usain Bolt is faster in combat than Bruce Lee just because he destroys him in a race.

Arachnid1
Robb solos.

StealthRanger
It isn't the same thing at all.

If it was then everyone would say Usain Bolt is faster in combat than Bruce Lee just because he destroys him in a race.

If you can run fast you can react fast

Except Bruce Lee has demonstrated far greater reflexes

And you'd have to be a ****ing idiot to believe that massively superhuman characters are limited to peak human performance (though guess who I'm talking to)

Stop using that analogy where it's not warranted

quanchi112
Originally posted by StealthRanger
If you can run fast you can react fast

Except Bruce Lee has demonstrated far greater reflexes

And you'd have to be a ****ing idiot to believe that massively superhuman characters are limited to peak human performance (though guess who I'm talking to)

Stop using that analogy where it's not warranted No, you can't. That just means you're a quick sprinter not a battle tested fighter.

So you abandon the logic immediately.

It is warranted. It destroys your logic and makes me smile.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.