Vitiate vs. Anakin Skywalker ROTS (sabers only)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Sabers only

Battle takes place on Ossus

Nephthys
Vitiate. He fancy twirls him to submission.

Jmanghan
Vitiate turns him into a rag doll. .-.

Emperordmb
Why did you make this thread?!!

Of course Anakin curbstomps.

Sinious
There arent enough feats for Vitate's saber skills but a sith that strong in the force should be able to take Anakin in a saber fight as well.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Sinious
There arent enough feats for Vitate's saber skills but a sith that strong in the force should be able to take Anakin in a saber fight as well.
Dafuq?

How the hell does that work?

Nephthys
The more powerful you are the better you'll be in a lightsaber duel.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Nephthys
You still need skill, and don't try to tell me Vitiate has demonstrated enough capability with a lightsaber to take Anakin.

Lord Stark

Which is why Vititate got disarmed by a saber throw from Meetra Surik.

Emperordmb
I'd like to see somebody legitimately try and defend Vitiate here, because as it is he stands almost no chance in a pure saber duel.

Fated Xtasy
Originally posted by Emperordmb
I'd like to see somebody legitimately try and defend Vitiate here, because as it is he stands almost no chance in a pure saber duel.

You know emperor I think Vitiate might have had a sparring match with Marka Ragnos or maybe some other powerful sith lord at some point so that could mean that Vitiate>Anakin I mean its only logical right?

S_W_LeGenD
Vitiate performed really well in lightsaber combat while possessing Kira and during his second duel with HoT. I think he learned a lesson from Meetra's attack.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Vitiate performed really well in lightsaber combat while possessing Kira and during his second duel with HoT. I think he learned a lesson from Meetra's attack.
You think that's enough to beat Anakin?

Nephthys
You still need skill, and don't try to tell me Vitiate has demonstrated enough capability with a lightsaber to take Anakin.

I'm just explaining his reasoning.

Originally posted by Lord Stark

roll eyes (sarcastic)

S_W_LeGenD
You think that's enough to beat Anakin?
In a pure lightsaber combat, maybe not be I expect Vitiate to give Anakin some major challenge. Its not easy to duel HoT with a lightsaber.

Give Vitiate his powers and he will subdue Anakin.

Originally posted by Lord Stark
That attack came as a surprise to Vitiate and it may have disarmed many in his place. Saber Throw attacks are very strong applications of TK and dangerous.

Remember when Malgus threw his saber towards Zallow, the latter evaded it with his full concentration. And Zallow was/is an excellent swordsman.

Emperordmb
In a pure lightsaber combat, maybe not be I expect Vitiate to give Anakin some major challenge. Its not easy to duel HoT with a lightsaber.

Give Vitiate his powers and he will subdue Anakin.
This isn't an all-out fight though, this is sabers only.

Vitiate cannot beat Anakin without force attacks.

S_W_LeGenD
This isn't an all-out fight though, this is sabers only.

Vitiate cannot beat Anakin without force attacks.
I know, Vitiate also can create duplicates of himself during a lightsaber duel to confuse an opponent and take him/her down.

Nalaniel
Anakin of course.

FreshestSlice
I know, Vitiate also can create duplicates of himself during a lightsaber duel to confuse an opponent and take him/her down.
Sabers only means sabers only. Illusions don't usually come with the standard lightsaber.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
Sabers only means sabers only. Illusions don't usually come with the standard lightsaber.
Fair enough

Emperordmb
Vitiate's manifestations (ie his duplicates) didn't really impress me all that much.

S_W_LeGenD
Vitiate's manifestations (ie his duplicates) didn't really impress me all that much.
Not impressive? Those manifestations could act independently and hurt/kill anybody, they were also excellent for confusing the opponent in a lightsaber duel. HoT made a wise decision to bring his droid with him who covered his back.

FreshestSlice
The HoT is shown in cutscene slashing most of them down in a matter of seconds.

S_W_LeGenD
Of-course, a lightsaber would be sufficient to terminate most threats. Realistically, it takes one hit from a lightsaber to end a duel.

Also, that droid helped HoT in handling these manifestations. Otherwise, HoT may have gotten struck down himself.

Emperordmb
Yeah this is what I'm talking about.

S_W_LeGenD
Yeah this is what I'm talking about.
HoT is a superb swordsman. On top of this, he had help from his droid. In addition, those manifestations were illusions.

In a better setting and with Vitiate at his proper strength, this tactic can really benefit him a lightsaber duel if he is not dealing with a Strike Team.

Emperordmb
HoT is a superb swordsman. On top of this, he had help from his droid. In addition, those manifestations were illusions.

In a better setting and with Vitiate at his proper strength, this tactic can really benefit him a lightsaber duel if he is not dealing with a Strike Team.
If Vitiate has his illusions, and he and his illusions can only use lightsabers and not any force attacks, then Anakin still wins a saber duel.

S_W_LeGenD
If Vitiate has his illusions, and he and his illusions can only use lightsabers and not any force attacks, then Anakin still wins a saber duel.
Let us be realistic about this, if Anakin is looking and combating Vitiate in this manner, he is looking at several beings with no idea of which one is original. Anakin can fall in this kind of situation. And this isn't taking anything from Anakin. Anybody can falter in this kind of situation unless he have help or is really lucky.

Emperordmb
Let us be realistic about this, if Anakin is looking and combating Vitiate in this manner, he is looking at several beings with no idea of which one is original. Anakin can fall in this kind of situation. And this isn't taking anything from Anakin. Anybody can falter in this kind of situation unless he have help or his really lucky.
The only reason the illusions were trouble is because they were spamming force attacks.

In pure saber combat Anakin would cut them all down with consummate ease.

S_W_LeGenD
The only reason the illusions were trouble is because they were spamming force attacks.
No, those illusions were dangerous even without unleashing Force powers since each illusion wielded a lightsaber; those illusions were impressive manifestations of dark sorcery. Just one hit from any angle would have been sufficient to cripple or kill an opponent.

Keep in mind that HoT benefited from his droid in this kind of situation and that Vitiate was not at his proper strength either. Anakin does not have assistance in this contest or does he and we are not assuming weakened Vitiate or are we?

In pure saber combat Anakin would cut them all down with consummate ease.
Not necessarily, specially if Vitiate engages Anakin alongside his illusions.

ares834
Anakin. Easily.

carthage
What part of 'sabers only' escapes your comprehension?

Emperordmb
Originally posted by carthage
What part of 'sabers only' escapes your comprehension?
The conversation got off topic on a different tangent. It's not that he couldn't understand the difference. We went off on a what if scenario. Don't insult him for no reason.

carthage
K

Sinious
I'm just explaining his reasoning.

Yep thats exactly what I meant. Its pretty common.

Saber skills do determine it but overall power hierarchy in the force should be related. Anakin is so much weaker than him so its not so wrong to assume Vitiate is more skilled than Anakin.

S_W_LeGenD
The conversation got off topic on a different tangent. It's not that he couldn't understand the difference. We went off on a what if scenario. Don't insult him for no reason.
Thank you

Lord Stark
Originally posted by carthage
K

Cold man, really cold.

NewGuy01
Considering Vitiate doesn't even know how to correctly hold a lightsaber, I doubt his manifestations would have any consummate skill. If Anakin can take blaster wielding armies while blindfolded, then he can take a few plebs swinging their blades like baseball bats.

Emperordmb
Originally posted by NewGuy01
Considering Vitiate doesn't even know how to correctly hold a lightsaber, I doubt his manifestations would have any consummate skill. If Anakin can take blaster wielding armies while blindfolded, then he can take a few plebs swinging their blades like baseball bats.
Normally I hate lowballing characters in this manner, but Vitiate has no legitimate showings with a lightsaber and doesn't seem too familiar with how to wield one.

NTJack0
What is this? Anakin bends him over his knee and spanks him, not unlike Padme on a friday night.

Nephthys
Vitiate didn't show unfamiliarity with a lightsaber when he possessed Kira.

FreshestSlice
Vitiate didn't show unfamiliarity with a lightsaber when he possessed Kira.
Aside from that Grand Marshal display, what skill did he show? And what did this skill show that made it seem that he would be above Anakin, trained in a style made purely for saber on saber dueling.

Nephthys
I didn't say he displayed prowess above Anakin, I said he obviously knew how to handle a lightsaber.

NewGuy01
Not by Revan's standards, apparently.

Nephthys
How so?

NewGuy01
Revan claimed Vitiate didn't know how to handle a lightsaber.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
wait, when? I actually don't recall that.

NewGuy01
IIRC it was when Vitiate had picked up Revan's blade, it was noted that from the way he held it he was not used to handling lightsabers.

Nephthys
Not in my version of the book.

DarthAnt66
There are different versions?? :O

Stigma
Anakin obliterates Vitiate./thread

Lord Stark
Originally posted by DarthAnt66

He's joking

Nephthys
I'm looking at my copy and it doesn't say that, is what I meant.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by DarthAnt66

no expression

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.