SWTOR Scourge vs. TCW Maul

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Who wins? Why?

Takes place on neutral, even ground.

Nephthys
Scourge. Maul will give him a lot of hate to draw power from, he has a hundred times the combat experience and training, he has biochemical enhancements and is amped by Vitiate, he wears lightsaber-resistant armor and possesses a portable shield generator. He's casually choked out a dozen Sith and killed over a thousand of them and a hundred powerful Jedi. Even the Dark Council fears him.

NewGuy01
As I recall, none of those guards were Sith. Even if they were, we only see him choking one of them--The others were likely killed in multiple different fashions.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by NewGuy01
As I recall, none of those guards were Sith. Even if they were, we only see him choking one of them--The others were likely killed in multiple different fashions.
Scourge simultaneously choked about 10 - 12 guards/Sith to death without even lifting a finger (Scripted event).

Also, during combat, Scourge could send even HoT packing around with his TK abilities. As of TOR, Scourge is incredibly strong.

Nephthys

Nah, the vast majority were Sith. Kira also says there were 2 Sith in there if you ask her, so maybe they just didn't bother to show the bodies.

Or maybe he disintegrated them :O

NewGuy01
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
Scourge simultaneously choked about 10 - 12 guards/Sith to death without even lifting a finger (Scripted event).

Uh, no, him choking one of them out is a scripted event. Yes, the rest were killed by him beforehand, but assuming that he TK'd dozens at the same time because he did it to one of them is ludicrous.

S_W_LeGenD
Uh, no, him choking one of them out is a scripted event. Yes, the rest were killed by him beforehand, but assuming that he TK'd dozens at the same time because he did it to one of them is ludicrous.
I have fresh memory of this event since I am playing Jedi Knight story. What I have pointed out is absolutely correct.

NewGuy01
I have fresh memory of this event since I just watched the scene on youtube yesterday.

Nephthys
Even without that feat Scourge has the power, skill and combat ability to defeat Maul.

PTforthewin
I have fresh memory of this event since I just watched the scene on youtube yesterday. WOW, you didn't even play the game

Lord Stark
Originally posted by Nephthys
Even without that feat Scourge has the power, skill and combat ability to defeat Maul.

Not really. Maul has TKed dozens of individuals, overpowered Kenobi's force defences, pwned Jedi Masters (including a hand to hand combat master), survived a good amount of time with Sidious, pull a shuttle, own Savage, not to mention survive being bifercated.

Nephthys
I'm not sure that Mauls even been in dozens of fights, lets alone TK'd dozens of dudes. Overpowering Kenobi's defense is like breaking a 40 year old condom. Not difficult.

Scourge's personal power is immense, and he has 3 different amps to his combat ability: His unique power to draw off opponents hatred, his biochemical enhancements and his Vitiate amp. Furthermore he is surely more refined in his lightsaber ability than Maul is. He was already a master of 3 lightsaber forms and a master duelist in Revan, so 300 years and over a thousand duels later he'd have peak lightsaber mastery. And lastly he's better equipped than Maul is.

Nephthys
Victory is mine!

SIDIOUS 66
Were you done? I was waiting for you to prove your assertion that he has the power and skill to defeat Maul. Something other than your opinion.

What use is there in bringing up some amps unless you're going to list some force feats of his to show for his power? How is he more refined than "one of the most skilled sith in history?" Sorry, but you can't just take it upon yourself to put him above Maul's level based on kill count. By that logic you might as well say he's better than Sidious too.

Also, overpowering Kenobi isn't difficult...if you're someone like Maul, Dooku, or a rage enhanced Ventress.

PTforthewin
Victory is mine! Are you trying to be funny?

Nephthys
Originally posted by SIDIOUS 66
Were you done? I was waiting for you to prove your assertion that he has the power and skill to defeat Maul. Something other than your opinion.

Power - Revan and Nyriss both say that he has "incredible potential" in Revan, while he is already a decently powerful Sith at that point. It's pretty obvious that he would have vastly improved in the 300 years after that. And he'll be getting a large boost of power from Maul's substantial rage and hate, on top of his Vitiate amp to his combat abilities.

And even if Maul is more powerful than he is, Scourge can use his shield generator to help protect him from direct TK attacks.

Skill - As I said, Scourge was already a master of Ataru, Soresu and Juyo as of Revan and has had 300 years of training (and he'd obviously be training hard for his eventual rebellion) and over a thousand duels to get more skilled since that time. His combat experience and technical mastery would logically be above Maul's because of this. So I don't see how Maul would defeat Scourge based on skill. And Scourge is larger than Maul is and has biochemical enhancements for his physical capabilities.

So Scourge is more skilled than Maul is and had enhanced capabilities, a shield generator and lightsaber resistance armor.

What use is there in bringing up some amps unless you're going to list some force feats of his to show for his power? How is he more refined than "one of the most skilled sith in history?" Sorry, but you can't just take it upon yourself to put him above Maul's level based on kill count. By that logic you might as well say he's better than Sidious too.

Well obviously because they're relevant? Scourge is an incredibly powerful Sith by himself and his combat ability is increased 3 times on top of that. Maul just can't compete with that. Scourge is above the Dark Council for a reason. Hell, on Quesh he was sure that he could have killed the HoT and Sajar if he'd wanted to.

You wank Maul too hard with that "one of the most skilled sith in history" thing. As if Scourge isn't also one of the most skilled Sith in history with his combat record and history. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Scourge obviously isn't on Sidious' level because he's nowhere near his power level. He is on Maul's level though. The kill count is relevant because it demonstrates that Scourge has an absurd amount of combat experience and it's indicative of his ability to have killed that many opponents.

Also, overpowering Kenobi isn't difficult...if you're someone like Maul, Dooku, or a rage enhanced Ventress.

It wouldn't be hard for Scourge either, lets face it.

SIDIOUS 66
Power - Revan and Nyriss both say that he has "incredible potential" in Revan, while he is already a decently powerful Sith at that point. It's pretty obvious that he would have vastly improved in the 300 years after that. And he'll be getting a large boost of power from Maul's substantial rage and hate, on top of his Vitiate amp to his combat abilities.

And both Palpatine and Plagueis have made similar statements about Maul.

I'm not saying Scourge didn't improve over time, but it's your burden to prove just by how much. Sometimes a person's skill can reach a certain limit after so long.

Also, Maul can do the same. Again, give me force feats of his to show for his power. I'm not interested in boosts unless I know just how much the boosts give him.

And even if Maul is more powerful than he is, Scourge can use his shield generator to help protect him from direct TK attacks.

Are his shields made specifically to defend against TK attacks? Kenobi has effortlessly used TK on spider droids which are equipped with shied generators.

Skill - As I said, Scourge was already a master of Ataru, Soresu and Juyo as of Revan and has had 300 years of training (and he'd obviously be training hard for his eventual rebellion) and over a thousand duels to get more skilled since that time. His combat experience and technical mastery would logically be above Maul's because of this. So I don't see how Maul would defeat Scourge based on skill. And Scourge is larger than Maul is and has biochemical enhancements for his physical capabilities.

Savage is larger than Maul, but we seen how much that helped him in a duel against the latter.

As I said, you can't just take it upon yourself to place Scourge on Maul's level based on kill count or number of duels. You're just arguing from your opinion nothing more. Ventress has a large number of kill count for her age, but it isn't her kill count that makes her so impressive. It doesn't even put her above Kenobi, who doesn't even have a kill count. Obviously ones kill count doesn't mean much, unless you could provide more context to them.

So Scourge is more skilled than Maul is and had enhanced capabilities, a shield generator and lightsaber resistance armor.

I'm not convinced. Maul is canonically proven to be one of the most skilled sith in history, which is an accolade hard to top. Your opinion that Scourge is better than Maul based on kill count and how long he's been around, is just that: your opinion.

Well obviously because they're relevant? Scourge is an incredibly powerful Sith by himself and his combat ability is increased 3 times on top of that. Maul just can't compete with that. Scourge is above the Dark Council for a reason. Hell, on Quesh he was sure that he could have killed the HoT and Sajar if he'd wanted to.

And Maul is considered "the most deadly sith apprentice in history" and the "one of the most skilled sith" in general for a reason.

You wank Maul too hard with that "one of the most skilled sith in history" thing. As if Scourge isn't also one of the most skilled Sith in history with his combat record and history. roll eyes (sarcastic)

You wank HoT's quote of being the most powerful jedi of his era even harder. Such statements only matter when they apply to TOR characters, right?

Maul has feats to back it up, such as stomping Anoon Bandora (the blademaster who is well known for his technical skill), and defeating Qui Gon Jin, who is said to be even more skilled than Anoon in terms of saber prowess. Not to mention that a rusty Maul has once defeated CW Kenobi and forced him to retreat, and as M. Yoda pointed out, Maul has also defeated a jedi who specializes in H2H combat.

Maul has accolades and is given context regarding his skills. Not to mention he was consistently put in life or death situations by Sidious, which tested his speed, strength, skill, and endurance--basically pushing him to his physical and mental limits. Training which resulted in him being able to survive being cut in half and regenerate half his body.

Scourge obviously isn't on Sidious' level because he's nowhere near his power level. He is on Maul's level though. The kill count is relevant because it demonstrates that Scourge has an absurd amount of combat experience and it's indicative of his ability to have killed that many opponents.

Kill count suggests Scourge is extremely skilled, it's not proof he's as skilled as one of the most skilled sith in history, no matter how much you want it to be.

It wouldn't be hard for Scourge either, lets face it.

Based on what? His kill count, living long, and being powerful? Give me force feats.

Tell you what, just wake me up when you can provide more than just his kill count of thousands of nameless/featless jedi and sith, his 3 boosts, and people calling him powerful.

Nephthys
And both Palpatine and Plagueis have made similar statements about Maul.

I'm not saying Scourge didn't improve over time, but it's your burden to prove just by how much. Sometimes a person's skill can reach a certain limit after so long.

Also, Maul can do the same. Again, give me force feats of his to show for his power. I'm not interested in boosts unless I know just how much the boosts give him.

Funny, in the Book of Sith Sidious refers to Maul as nothing but an animal who could never hope to expand beyond a limited set of tasks.

Enough that he goes from clearly below Dark Council member level to comfortably above it. As I said, he had incredible potential within him. Which obviously indicates a great deal of growth left before him. And he had more time than most Sith to harness his power.

Maul can do the same what? We see in Revan that Scourge gets a sizeable boost from drawing off other Sith's rage and hate.

Are his shields made specifically to defend against TK attacks? Kenobi has effortlessly used TK on spider droids which are equipped with shied generators.

Of course shield generator's can withstand direct kinetic force. Especially with Scourge blocking the attack or anchoring himself with the Force at the same time.

Savage is larger than Maul, but we seen how much that helped him in a duel against the latter.

As I said, you can't just take it upon yourself to place Scourge on Maul's level based on kill count or number of duels. You're just arguing from your opinion nothing more. Ventress has a large number of kill count for her age, but it isn't her kill count that makes her so impressive. It doesn't even put her above Kenobi, who doesn't even have a kill count. Obviously ones kill count doesn't mean much, unless you could provide more context to them.

Due to Savage's lack of skill, which isn't a factor here. Savage was still stronger than Maul is. I merely pointed out that Scourge is likely stronger than Maul is.

Bugger off am I arguing from opinion. I'm extrapolating from the facts. Fact 1: Scourge was already an extremely skilled swordsman in Revan. Fact 2: Someone's combat skill increases as they gain experience in combat. Fact 3: Scourge has perhaps the largest amount of combat experience in the mythos. Fact 4: It's stated that Scourge benefits from his massive experience base in other areas, so it's only logical that he'd do so in terms of his combat experience. Fact 5: Scourge became a master of 3 lightsaber forms (including Juyo) in his 30 odd years of life before Revan, giving us a baseline for how swiftly he can improve his lightsaber skills. Fact 6: He then has an extra 300 years after that to improve his lightsaber prowess and has plenty of opportunity and motive to do so, since his job and mission in life revolves around combat and we know that he has fought over one thousand opponents in that time.

Conclusion: Scourge has an exceeding grasp of combat skill.

As for Ventress, can you truly say that she didn't benefit from dueling all those people? Of course she did, direct combat experience has a known ability to be beneficial. Which is kindergarten obvious.

I'm not convinced. Maul is canonically proven to be one of the most skilled sith in history, which is an accolade hard to top. Your opinion that Scourge is better than Maul based on kill count and how long he's been around, is just that: your opinion.

Wasn't he only one of the most skilled sith "appentices" in history? Which puts him on par with, er, Visas Marr maybe? Of course, Scourge isn't a mere apprentice, so that quote means nothing to him.

It only says "one of". It's impressive to a point, but it's only good enough to show us that Maul is a skilled Sith. What, is he one of the most skilled.... hundred Sith? Million? That quote by itself doesn't put Maul above any notable Sith. Any.

And Maul is considered "the most deadly sith apprentice in history" and the "one of the most skilled sith" in general for a reason.

Maul wasn't the most dangerous sith apprentice in history, he was only one of them. And that means nothing in regards to Scourge, who isn't a freaking apprentice. roll eyes (sarcastic)

And here you're not even addressing the point, only throwing out Maul accolades as if they trump Scourge. If you're not going to try don't bother replying, because I won't.

You wank HoT's quote of being the most powerful jedi of his era even harder. Such statements only matter when they apply to TOR characters, right?

Maul has feats to back it up, such as stomping Anoon Bandora (the blademaster who is well known for his technical skill), and defeating Qui Gon Jin, who is said to be even more skilled than Anoon in terms of saber prowess. Not to mention that a rusty Maul has once defeated CW Kenobi and forced him to retreat, and as M. Yoda pointed out, Maul has also defeated a jedi who specializes in H2H combat.

Maul has accolades and is given context regarding his skills. Not to mention he was consistently put in life or death situations by Sidious, which tested his speed, strength, skill, and endurance--basically pushing him to his physical and mental limits. Training which resulted in him being able to survive being cut in half and regenerate half his body.

Yeah, because that quote actually definitively puts him above certain people. Maul being "one of the best evar" is ambiguous and vague as phuck. It's basically worthless in regards to putting Maul above other Sith. I could be called one of the best debaters in history, but that doesn't mean I could beat Socrates in an argument, or thousands of others either.

Maul isn't said to have beaten either of those two due to his technical skill. He beat Qui-Gon by being younger, more powerful and fitter than him. And Anoon has nothing to his name other than losing to Maul and his apprentices fangirlish opinion, so color me unimpressed. He forced a concussed Kenobi to retreat after he'd beaten the crap out of him while he was tied up and Don Moch'd him. And beating a featless racist stereotype doesn't suggest he can beat Scourge either.

I've never argued that Maul isn't skilled. Of course he has accolades and context for his skill. I just really don't see how they measure up to Scourge's. Despite being pushed to his limits and having greater power, Maul's skill isn't enough for him to beat Kenobi. It won't be enough for him to beat Scourge.

Maul didn't regenerate half his body, he used the Force to create a mechanical spider torso and legs. That's like, not even close to the same thing. erm

Kill count suggests Scourge is extremely skilled, it's not proof he's as skilled as one of the most skilled sith in history, no matter how much you want it to be.

Do you seriously disagree that it would make Scourge that skilled, or are you just not inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt for pretty obvious reasons?

Either way it's more than an opinion. If you want to ignore evidence that's cool as long as you're upfront about it.

Based on what? His kill count, living long, and being powerful? Give me force feats.

Tell you what, just wake me up when you can provide more than just his kill count of thousands of nameless/featless jedi and sith, his 3 boosts, and people calling him powerful.

Well I'm obviously not going to do that because you don't accept the one I gave you and Scourge has limited exposure on that front. I've proven his power, skill and general level of ability however. I don't need Force feats.

Wake me up when I give a shit about what evidence you choose to listen to.

The_Tempest
Spending a shitton of time researching, assembling, and posting an argument and rebuttals doesn't exactly convey indifference, Neph.

http://davidbarrie.typepad.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/05/23/2513209812_9070fe4eb4_o.jpg

Nephthys
Just because I don't care if he's convinced doesn't mean I don't care to reply. In these debates it borderline impossible to get your opponent to accept your argument. We just bicker back and forth until one stops replying. I'm not forming an argument for them, but for the wonderful people in the audience, and my own pride as a debater.

Raptor22
Neph doesn't scourge amp off opponents fear not rage?

Nephthys
It says emotions in general most of the time. Nyriss says he draws on primal fear at one point yeah, but I believe its specified as all emotion in the same paragraph and in all other parts of the novel.

SIDIOUS 66
Funny, in the Book of Sith Sidious refers to Maul as nothing but an animal who could never hope to expand beyond a limited set of tasks.

Plagueis and Palpatine were both impressed with Maul's combat ability regardless. Palpatine also regarded Vader as just a "minor masterpiece" in the Creation of Monsters.

Enough that he goes from clearly below Dark Council member level to comfortably above it. As I said, he had incredible potential within him. Which obviously indicates a great deal of growth left before him. And he had more time than most Sith to harness his power.

What is so damn hard in listing some feats to show for his power instead of some vague quotes and implications?

Maul can do the same what? We see in Revan that Scourge gets a sizeable boost from drawing off other Sith's rage and hate.

Feed on rage and fear. It's a common sith ability, not something exclusive to Scourge.

Of course shield generator's can withstand direct kinetic force.

Kenobi has pushed right through them.

Due to Savage's lack of skill, which isn't a factor here. Savage was still stronger than Maul is. I merely pointed out that Scourge is likely stronger than Maul is.

Maul still parried the impact of Savage's saber strikes quite casually. One of the only force users shown to handle Savage's strength without much trouble.

Now, are you going to give me feats to show that scourge is stronger than Maul, or are you expecting me to believe it to be the case because he is big and lots of people called him strong? This has been your style of debating for months now.

Conclusion: Scourge has an exceeding grasp of combat skill.

Your opinion: Scourge is Maul's level.

As for Ventress, can you truly say that she didn't benefit from dueling all those people? Of course she did, direct combat experience has a known ability to be beneficial. Which is kindergarten obvious.

Whether it did or not is not the point. Point is, she isn't any more skilled than many of the council members who don't have a kill count to their name, and it's not her kill count that makes her impressive, which is why you don't see it brought up in debates often. Who cares about a bunch of nameless nobodies?

Wasn't he only one of the most skilled sith "appentices" in history? Which puts him on par with, er, Visas Marr maybe? Of course, Scourge isn't a mere apprentice, so that quote means nothing to him.

That's only one quote to Maul's name.

It only says "one of". It's impressive to a point, but it's only good enough to show us that Maul is a skilled Sith. What, is he one of the most skilled.... hundred Sith? Million? That quote by itself doesn't put Maul above any notable Sith.

The quote along with his skill feats, and the skilled opponents he's defeated puts him ahead of most, yes. It gives more depth regarding his skill more than Scourge killing a bunch of nameless/featless jedi throughout his hundreds of years of existence does his.

Maul wasn't the most dangerous sith apprentice in history, he was only one of them. And that means nothing in regards to Scourge, who isn't a freaking apprentice. roll eyes (sarcastic)

I'm pretty sure it said the most. Love how you keep harping on that single quote I gave out as if it's the only one he has. Does Scourge have any to his name, or are opinions from Neph now being considered as accolades to be used on vs forums?

And here you're not even addressing the point, only throwing out Maul accolades as if they trump Scourge. If you're not going to try don't bother replying, because I won't.

LMAO

What points? You haven't made any. You've listed a bunch of stuff that implies Scourge is very skilled and powerful, and then tried to throw off your opinion that these implications means he is above Maul as fact.

Yeah, because that quote actually definitively puts him above certain people. Maul being "one of the best evar" is ambiguous and vague as phuck. It's basically worthless in regards to putting Maul above other Sith. I could be called one of the best debaters in history, but that doesn't mean I could beat Socrates in an argument, or thousands of others either.

If someone of today is said to be one of the best debaters in history and has won debates against other very good debaters, while someone from the early 1900s was said to have won lots of debates, I'd think of the person of today as being superior.

Maul isn't said to have beaten either of those two due to his technical skill. He beat Qui-Gon by being younger, more powerful and fitter than him.

And here is where you begin to lowball the character you're arguing against because of your inability to prove your assertions.

Qui Gon had the help of Kenobi which made up for his lack of youth. Jin was still skilled. His skill didn't fade, and he still lost.

And Anoon has nothing to his name other than losing to Maul and his apprentices fangirlish opinion, so color me unimpressed.

I guess it'd only be impressive if Maul killed a thousand Anoons, right?

He forced a concussed Kenobi to retreat after he'd beaten the crap out of him while he was tied up and Don Moch'd him. And beating a featless racist stereotype doesn't suggest he can beat Scourge either.

Prove that Kenobi was concussed. I can pretty much say the same about the rage enhanced Maul who Sidious beat, considering he had just been knocked unconscious by Sidious' force push.

Fact is, Maul was very rusty, and had just received a pair of legs from Talzin to which he wasn't even yet accustomed to. These are disadvantages of Maul's that can be proven and were visible in his first fight against CW Kenobi.

And beating a featless racist stereotype doesn't suggest he can beat Scourge either.

Oh, but Scourge beating a thousand of nameless and featless jedi and sith suggests he can beat Maul?

I've never argued that Maul isn't skilled. Of course he has accolades and context for his skill. I just really don't see how they measure up to Scourge's. Despite being pushed to his limits and having greater power, Maul's skill isn't enough for him to beat Kenobi. It won't be enough for him to beat Scourge.

Maul turned down plenty of opportunities to kill Kenobi. Intrepid has posted the source that pretty much confirms this several times. Maul has gotten the best of Kenobi more times than not.

You haven't even provided anything to suggest Scourge can defeat Kenobi let alone defeat Maul.

Maul didn't regenerate half his body, he used the Force to create a mechanical spider torso and legs. That's like, not even close to the same thing. erm

You're right. I was looking at certain picture wrong. However, you do realize Maul used the force to build a set of spider-legs when he should have been unconscious from having his body cut in half, right? He used the force in a very refined way while severely injured. Let me guess, Scourge can do this too because a bunch or people said he had very refined TK abilities and a high level of pain tolerance, right?

Do you seriously disagree that it would make Scourge that skilled, or are you just not inclined to give him the benefit of the doubt for pretty obvious reasons?

Never said it didn't make Scourge more skilled, but killing a bunch of nameless/featless nobodies does not suggest he is as skilled as one of the most skilled sith in history--a title Scourge does not have to his name.

Either way it's more than an opinion.

No, it's your opinion that he's Maul level.

If you want to ignore evidence that's cool as long as you're upfront about it.

Evidence of his skill and power is not proof that he's Maul's level, and neither is your opinion

Well I'm obviously not going to do that because you don't accept the one I gave you and Scourge has limited exposure on that front.

Well, I can't help that. When he has more exposure, then we can talk. Until then, I don't give two shits about your opinion.

NewGuy01
Maul is a Sith Lord. You can say all you want about his status being little more than Palpatine's personal assassin, but I could point out that Scourge is in the exact same position under an inferior master.

Also:

"One of the most skilled and deadly warriors in Sith history, Darth Sidious' apprentice took part in the first encounter between Jedi Knight and Sith warrior for more than 1,000 years in the Battle for Naboo."

-Official Star Wars Fact File #1

"As a Sith devotee, Darth Maul drew his power from the dark side of the Force. He was one of the most highly trained Sith in the history of the order."

"Darth Maul is Darth Sidious's apprentice and one of the most dangerous and highly trained Sith in the history of the Order."

-Star Wars: Character Encyclopedia

PTforthewin
Maul is a Sith Lord. You can say all you want about his status being little more than Palpatine's personal assassin, but I could point out that Scourge is in the exact same position under an inferior master.

Also:

"One of the most skilled and deadly warriors in Sith history, Darth Sidious' apprentice took part in the first encounter between Jedi Knight and Sith warrior for more than 1,000 years in the Battle for Naboo."

"As a Sith devotee, Darth Maul drew his power from the dark side of the Force. He was one of the most highly trained Sith in the history of the order."

"Darth Maul is Darth Sidious's apprentice and one of the most dangerous and highly trained Sith in the history of the Order."

-Star Wars: Character Encyclopedia will you marry me?

S_W_LeGenD
@SIDIOUS_66

You really need to educate yourself about the ground realities of the reconstituted ancient Sith Empire.

Lord Scourge thrived in a far more competitive environment than Maul could ever hope to. I get the "one of the most trained" argument in favor of Maul but this proves nothing much in the grand scheme of things, their can be like thousands of others who would fit this description perfectly including Lord Scourge.

Lord Scourge rose to prominence in an environment where competition was cutthroat and threats were ample. A Sith Lord have to rely on everything in him to succeed in this environment, not solely on strength factor itself. Maul was more of a warrior then a tactician and his chances are slim to succeed in an environment that Lord Scourge thrived in.

Anyways, Emperor Vitiate literally transformed Lord Scourge in to one of his strongest servants with his experiments. An example of this development is in Revan novel itself. Star Wars: The Old Republic: Encyclopedia confirms that Emperor Vitiate enhanced Lord Scourge's warrior-ship abilities as well since this was vital for his survival in the role of Emperor's Wrath, which is one of the toughest roles for a Sith Lord to be assigned to. Keeping a check on the whole Empire and assassinating potential enemies in any part of the galaxy is not a matter of joke by any stretch of imagination and many powerful Sith may not have survived in this role without support from Emperor Vitiate himself.

Lord Scourge, at his prime, struck down over a 1000 Sith and Jedi in combat situations which is incredible display of strength and power and an achievement that is unlikely to be eclipsed even by the greatest of the heroes of the mythos.

It makes no sense to put Lord Scourge and Maul in the same ballpark. I would argue that even the likes of Dooku cannot be compared to Lord Scourge in warrior-ship ability and achievement aspects. Lord Scourge had risen to be among the greatest of the Sith in galactic history as evident from his achievements, their are few who match him.

PTforthewin
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
@SIDIOUS_66

You really need to educate yourself about the ground realities of the reconstituted ancient Sith Empire.

Lord Scourge thrived in a far more competitive environment than Maul could ever hope to. I get the "one of the most trained" argument in favor of Maul but this proves nothing much in the grand scheme of things, their can be like thousands of others who would fit this description perfectly including Lord Scourge.

Lord Scourge rose to prominence in an environment where competition was cutthroat and threats were ample. A Sith Lord have to rely on everything in him to succeed in this environment, not solely on strength factor itself. Maul was more of a warrior then a tactician and his chances are slim to succeed in an environment that Lord Scourge thrived in.

Anyways, Emperor Vitiate literally transformed Lord Scourge in to one of his strongest servants with his experiments. An example of this development is in Revan novel itself. Star Wars: The Old Republic: Encyclopedia confirms that Emperor Vitiate enhanced Lord Scourge's warrior-ship abilities as well since this was vital for his survival in the role of Emperor's Wrath, which is one of the toughest roles for a Sith Lord to be assigned to. Keeping a check on the whole Empire and assassinating potential enemies in any part of the galaxy is not a matter of joke by any stretch of imagination and many powerful Sith may not have survived in this role without support from Emperor Vitiate himself.

Lord Scourge, at his prime, struck down over a 1000 Sith and Jedi in combat situations which is incredible display of strength and power and an achievement that is unlikely to be eclipsed even by the greatest of the heroes of the mythos.

It makes no sense to put Lord Scourge and Maul in the same ballpark. I would argue that even the likes of Dooku cannot be compared to Lord Scourge in warrior-ship ability and achievement aspects. Lord Scourge had risen to be among the greatest of the Sith in galactic history as evident from his achievements, their are few who match him. Gaylord shut up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.