Um, so how powerful is the Hero of Typhon?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

red8
In one thread, we have people saying that HoT can beat Yoda:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=587847&pagenumber=1

In another thread, we have people saying that HoT is weaker than Malgus:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f86/t596824.html

I think Yoda is about on the same level as Sidious, if not a bit higher (only the RotS novel describes Yoda as inferior).

Surely Malgus is not > Sidious, right?

So, can someone clear up this inconsistency?

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Decide for yourself:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f6/t586426.html

red8
That didn't help. sad

PTforthewin
A tier below Windu and Yoda

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by PTforthewin
A tier below Windu and Yoda
Yoda yes, Windu no.

The HoT is supposedly the strongest and most powerful Jedi alive in TOR, as well as the strongest Jedi born in generations, but this doesn't really help gauge them in comparison to the PT Jedi if that's what you're going for. I definitely would put them above Malgus, however behind Yoda? I don't know.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Originally posted by red8
That didn't help. sad

What did you expect, a status quo regarding the powerlevels of certain individuals? You look at the feats the character's performed and decide how powerful he/she is yourself erm

Fated Xtasy
honestly I think the HoT is as powerful as Mace perhaps a little bit below Mace but not by a lot.

red8
Originally posted by XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
What did you expect, a status quo regarding the powerlevels of certain individuals? You look at the feats the character's performed and decide how powerful he/she is yourself erm

Did you read my first post or just the topic title?
I pointed out what seems to be an odd inconsistency and asked for clarification.

I played KotOR 1 and 2, so the HoT beating the sand demon sounds pretty impressive. I've never played TOR though, so I can't really gauge how impressive beating Sith Lord X or Dark Jedi Y is compared to the feats from other eras.

Anyway, I think following are possible answers:

1) Emporer Malgus ragdolling the main characters was in fact a power inconsistency and Malgus is not above the HoT.

2) Malgus > Vitiate (highly unlikely...)

3) There is a reasonable explanation that somebody who played TOR could come up with that clarifies all of this.

PTforthewin
HOT is above Obi wan the 3rd best jedi in the council, but he's a little less powerful then mace, and no way near yoda level.

Kalen Sykes
I agree he's over Kenobi and under Yoda, but I thought he was even with Windu.

Lord Stark
In between Yoda and Windu.

Based
The HoT and Barsenthor are glass cannons. They are extremely powerful but they are subject to being thrown around a la Obi-Wan by Dooku.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by Kalen Sykes
I agree he's over Kenobi and under Yoda, but I thought he was even with Windu.
S/he is even with Mace if not above him. Most people completely ignore the JK's TK and blitz feats because a lot of them are Dark Sided.

PTforthewin
Yes, and canonically the HoT picked every lightside choice in the game, but Anakin picked every single dark side choice.

FreshestSlice
Yes, and canonically the HoT picked every lightside choice in the game, but Anakin picked every single dark side choice.
Not true at all. There are plenty of none consequential Dark Side choices that can be picked. The idea that a Jedi fresh from apprenticeship can somehow have maturity than every master before them is crazy. Such assumptions are made in the grand scheme because established canon is made yet. A good instance is Bendak Starkiller. Canonically Revan was lightsided in KotOR, yet he still supposedly killed him, even though this was a Dark Side choice.

PTforthewin
Originally posted by FreshestSlice
S/he is even with Mace if not above him. Most people completely ignore the JK's TK and blitz feats because a lot of them are Dark Sided. Mace has greater TK feats then HoT and I'm not talking about the exaggerated old clone wars show, in the Ryloth arc in season 1 of the new clone wars, mace force pushes and destroys a small army of battle droids and then uses the force to collapse a wall onto a Armored Assault Tank.

Lord Stark
Mace has greater TK feats then HoT and I'm not talking about the exaggerated old clone wars show, in the Ryloth arc in season 1 of the new clone wars, mace force pushes and destroys a small army of battle droids and then uses the force to collapse a wall onto a Armored Assault Tank.

When did this happen? The army part I mean.

PTforthewin
Originally posted by Lord Stark
When did this happen? The army part I mean. watch liberty on Ryloth, it's season 1 episode 21 I think.

Lord Stark
watch liberty on Ryloth, it's season 1 episode 21 I think.

I have and do not recall this.

Darth Abonis
Higher than Mace, just under Yoda.

PTforthewin
I have and do not recall this. Well rewatch it then!

FreshestSlice
When did this happen? The army part I mean.
It didn't. He pushes a squad of droids and crushed the tank with a door.

PTforthewin
Originally posted by Darth Abonis
Higher than Mace, just under Yoda. no way.

S_W_LeGenD
Originally posted by red8
In one thread, we have people saying that HoT can beat Yoda:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=587847&pagenumber=1

In another thread, we have people saying that HoT is weaker than Malgus:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f86/t596824.html

I think Yoda is about on the same level as Sidious, if not a bit higher (only the RotS novel describes Yoda as inferior).

Surely Malgus is not > Sidious, right?

So, can someone clear up this inconsistency?
HoT is likely the strongest Jedi in history up to the point of his existence. This indicates that HoT is likely stronger then even Revan, Satele Shan and Barsen'thor (3).

Now how many Jedi match Revan, Satele Shan and Barsen'thor (3)? I don't think any Jedi is realistically better then these with exception of Yoda and Luke in the entire galactic history.

Let us consider Revan for example: Revan have significant hype going for him by all accounts. I believe that Revan is stronger then Mace Windu. I personally consider him to be on par with Yoda or close enough to be ranked in the same TIER. With this perception, I rank HoT between Yoda and Luke which sounds realistic.

However, canonically Yoda is the most overhyped Jedi in the mythos. Even Luke doesn't matches his hype.

Mace has greater TK feats then HoT and I'm not talking about the exaggerated old clone wars show, in the Ryloth arc in season 1 of the new clone wars, mace force pushes and destroys a small army of battle droids and then uses the force to collapse a wall onto a Armored Assault Tank.
This proves nothing; Barsen'thor (3) have superior feats then Mace Windu and is possibly stronger then him. However, HoT is likely stronger then even Barsen'thor (3).

Sinious
Originally posted by S_W_LeGenD
HoT is likely the strongest Jedi in history up to the point of his existence. This indicates that HoT is likely stronger then even Revan, Satele Shan and Barsen'thor (3).

Now how many Jedi match Revan, Satele Shan and Barsen'thor (3)? I don't think any Jedi is realistically better then these with exception of Yoda and Luke in the entire galactic history.

Let us consider Revan for example: Revan have significant hype going for him by all accounts. I believe that Revan is stronger then Mace Windu. I personally consider him to be on par with Yoda or close enough to be ranked in the same TIER. With this perception, I rank HoT between Yoda and Luke which sounds realistic.

However, canonically Yoda is the most overhyped Jedi in the mythos. Even Luke doesn't matches his hype.

This proves nothing; Barsen'thor (3) have superior feats then Mace Windu and is possibly stronger then him. However, HoT is likely stronger then even Barsen'thor (3).

Revan in same tier with Yoda and HoT is higher than Yoda?

Impossible. Yoda would take reborn Revan with a good fight and HoT is a close one but he would still take her down.

I would also say Mace is equal to HoT.

HoT's greatest feat is defeating a weakened Vitiate and Windu's greatest feat is defeating Palpatine and defeating Palpatine is more impressive than the latter. Why would you put her on top of Mace?

PTforthewin
FOTJ luke > all, luke is the most powerful jedi of all time.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by Sinious
Revan in same tier with Yoda and HoT is higher than Yoda?

Impossible. Yoda would take reborn Revan with a good fight and HoT is a close one but he would still take her down.

I would also say Mace is equal to HoT.

HoT's greatest feat is defeating a weakened Vitiate and Windu's greatest feat is defeating Palpatine and defeating Palpatine is more impressive than the latter. Why would you put her on top of Mace?
Defeating weakened Vitiate on a nexus is a greater feat than beating RotS Sidious.

Nephthys
The Hero is superior to Windu. I dislike arguing whether she stands up to Yoda, but shes definitely in the same ballpark.

PTforthewin
He is Mace level at the most.

Nephthys
Mace isn't even Barsen'thor level, let alone the Hero.

Lord Stark
Originally posted by Nephthys
Mace isn't even Barsen'thor level, let alone the Hero.

Let's not take it too far.

Nephthys
Why not? I'll go as far as I want, the Barsen'thor is more powerful than he is and has superior telekinetic, healing and force defense abilities.

DarthAnt66
I personally have Tython has the 4th most powerful Jedi in history, behind Luke, Yoda, and Jacen. Most people forget Jacen's force prowess was fantastic enough to tank turbo lasers. Incredible.
Eh, HoU might be better then him too.

PTforthewin
Bioware is making a open world Star Wars game I hope I can be a smuggler or bounty hunter in coruscant and make it a action adventure type game not this jedi RPG boring linear bullshit.

Sinious
Defeating weakened Vitiate on a nexus is a greater feat than beating RotS Sidious.

I think people are misinterpreting the HoT vs Vitiate scene a bit. I mean HoT has never done anything else to come close to defeat someone on Vitiate's tier. Hero is not on Vitiate's level in force powers. We don't even know if Vitiate tried to dominate her mind in the temple while everyone assumes she is immune to such mind tricks since she wasn't crushed in the brain while confronting Vitaite. Also no matter how powerful Vitiate was, he underestimated HoT so much that he basically ran on to her lightsaber which may be understandable since he was about to consume the entire galaxy and become an omnipotent being so a jedi trying to stop him was a feeble unimportant act in his eyes. It was still a stupid mistake though. This shows that Vitiate was either way too distracted with the ritual that he couldn't defeat an opponent whom he would normally crush like a bug or he just isn't that good in saber combats and lost to HoT in an almost fair fight even though he has great knowledge of the force. Either way, its definitely not more impressive than defeating ROTS Palpatine.

Nephthys
It's stated in the quest description that Vitiate knew he couldn't dominate the Hero's mind, so he had to resort to an actual duel.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
@Sinious

erm

"Once again you find yourself face to face with the Emperor, the monster that seeks to destroy all life in the galaxy."

"Realizing you are too powerful to be dominated by his twisted will, the Emperor has resorted to more conventional means to destroy you."

----------

"The Emperor lies beaten at your feet. For all his power, he was no match for you. Now you must decide his ultimate fate."

I agree that full powered Vitiate>HoT. But to say that Vitiate would squash him like a bug....

FreshestSlice
I think people are misinterpreting the HoT vs Vitiate scene a bit. I mean HoT has never done anything else to come close to defeat someone on Vitiate's tier. Hero is not on Vitiate's level in force powers. We don't even know if Vitiate tried to dominate her mind in the temple while everyone assumes she is immune to such mind tricks since she wasn't crushed in the brain while confronting Vitaite. Also no matter how powerful Vitiate was, he underestimated HoT so much that he basically ran on to her lightsaber which may be understandable since he was about to consume the entire galaxy and become an omnipotent being so a jedi trying to stop him was a feeble unimportant act in his eyes. It was still a stupid mistake though. This shows that Vitiate was either way too distracted with the ritual that he couldn't defeat an opponent whom he would normally crush like a bug or he just isn't that good in saber combats and lost to HoT in an almost fair fight even though he has great knowledge of the force. Either way, its definitely not more impressive than defeating ROTS Palpatine.
I think you might want to play Chapter II-III again. It was an honest duel and Vitiate lost. End of story. The ritual already failed, that is why he was weakened to begin with. While he was trying to gain strength back to try once more, the Jedi Knight storms the Temple and strikes him down. On a nexus. It's a great feat.

Sinious
Ok I didn't know that. Still though that doesn't change much. I would even say full powered Vitiate is more powerful in the force than Palpatine himself but in an all out combat, Palpatine would probably take him meaning that it is harder to kill Palpatine in a combat than Vitiate because Vitiate has a weakness against saber attacks unlike Palpatine. If Windu was able to take down Sidious in a fight, he would surely be able to do the same to weakened/distracted Vitiate. HoT's victory over Vitiate doesn't put her above Windu is all I am saying and if there is any other feat she has that would do so, please do share.

FreshestSlice
Ok I didn't know that. Still though that doesn't change much. I would even say full powered Vitiate is more powerful in the force than Palpatine himself but in an all out combat, Palpatine would probably take him meaning that it is harder to kill Palpatine in a combat than Vitiate because Vitiate has a weakness against saber attacks unlike Palpatine. If Windu was able to take down Sidious in a fight, he would surely be able to do the same to weakened/distracted Vitiate. HoT's victory over Vitiate doesn't put her above Windu is all I am saying and if there is any other feat she has that would do so, please do share.
The point is that none of Windu's feats are above the HoT's defeating of Vitiate on a nexus. A weakened Vitiate in this location is stronger than RotS Palpatine IMO.

Sinious
The point is that none of Windu's feats are above the HoT's defeating of Vitiate on a nexus. A weakened Vitiate in this location is stronger than RotS Palpatine IMO.

It is quoted that ROTS Sidious is the most powerful sith that ever lived though.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ

Lord Stark
Why not? I'll go as far as I want, the Barsen'thor is more powerful than he is and has superior telekinetic, healing and force defense abilities.

Moving a tank>Opening a door. Also his Clone Wars feats eclipse the Barsen'thor. Also the Barsen'thor has absolutely zero saber feats to suggest he'd last more than 5 seconds against Mace.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
Debatable (not):

http://25.media.tumblr.com/30f33c05a03920427cccee1290d51490/tumblr_mnu9ayeG0s1rbwuv5o1_500.png

http://25.media.tumblr.com/987fe392f1ff526beec47ae6dbc1d448/tumblr_mnu9ayeG0s1rbwuv5o2_500.png

-and that was like, halfway through act 1.

FreshestSlice

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
....But you said that weakened Vitiate with dark temple is>ROTS Sidious, which i'm refuting.

FreshestSlice
....But you said that weakened Vitiate with dark temple is>ROTS Sidious, which i'm refuting.
Vitiate being weakened doesn't mean that he is weak. And you're rebuttal is that he is still weakened. I don't see how Vitiate being weaker than usual somehow stops him from being better than Sidious as of RotS.

XSUPREMEXSKILLZ
First of all, what were you insinuating by this then?:

A weakened Vitiate in this location is stronger than RotS Palpatine IMO.

Secondly, in what fashion is a weakened form of Vitiate a superior combatant to ROTS Palpatine, who's beaten Yoda and blitzed 3 of the order's finest swordsman?

FreshestSlice
First of all, what were you insinuating by this then?:

Secondly, in what fashion is a weakened form of Vitiate a superior combatant to ROTS Palpatine, who's beaten Yoda and blitzed 3 of the order's finest swordsman?
I'm saying that Vitiate, even when weakened, is stronger than Palpatine as of Revenge of the Sith when being fought in the Dark Temple and considering the way each battle went out. Do I think Vitiate> Sidious? No. I'm not even going to pretend such a thing is true. However, I'm more impressed with the power output from Vitiate than Sidious as of this time. I also think Yoda while maybe not as strong as Sidious probably could have defeated him. Star Wars characters do stupid things when the plot demands.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by DarthAnt66
I personally have Tython has the 4th most powerful Jedi in history, behind Luke, Yoda, and Jacen. Most people forget Jacen's force prowess was fantastic enough to tank turbo lasers. Incredible.
Eh, HoU might be better then him too.

I agree with this, for the most part. I'd also say he has competition in Mace and Anakin though.

The Merchant
People shouldn't underestimate tanking Turbolaser firepower. Even ones from Troop Transport ships are 200 Gigatons per shot, which is High0end Island busting.

Kalen Sykes
I'm saying that Vitiate, even when weakened, is stronger than Palpatine as of Revenge of the Sith when being fought in the Dark Temple and considering the way each battle went out. Do I think Vitiate> Sidious? No. I'm not even going to pretend such a thing is true. However, I'm more impressed with the power output from Vitiate than Sidious as of this time. I also think Yoda while maybe not as strong as Sidious probably could have defeated him. Star Wars characters do stupid things when the plot demands.

While I understand your points, the fact remains that Sidious, as of ROTS, is listed as the most powerful Sith Lord, ever. That is regardless of what's seen in the films, which isn't much, other than blitzing 3 Jedi. Let's face it, that duel with Mace left alot to be desired. Stunt doubles were needed.

FreshestSlice
Originally posted by Kalen Sykes
While I understand your points, the fact remains that Sidious, as of ROTS, is listed as the most powerful Sith Lord, ever. That is regardless of what's seen in the films, which isn't much, other than blitzing 3 Jedi. Let's face it, that duel with Mace left alot to be desired. Stunt doubles were needed.
It doesn't matter how powerful Sidious is. It's the feat I mainly care about. Vitiate showed more strength there, so his defeat is a greater feat. Using the HoT, they're more powerful than Scourge, fact, but if they had fought Scourge at the most just a month or two earlier, depending on the spacing of the chapter story-wise, they would have died. Painfully. Sidious can be as powerful as he wants to be, which is a lot he master Force Storm after all, but he has to show for it to matter.

Sinious
It doesn't matter how powerful Sidious is. It's the feat I mainly care about. Vitiate showed more strength there, so his defeat is a greater feat. Using the HoT, they're more powerful than Scourge, fact, but if they had fought Scourge at the most just a month or two earlier, depending on the spacing of the chapter story-wise, they would have died. Painfully. Sidious can be as powerful as he wants to be, which is a lot he master Force Storm after all, but he has to show for it to matter.

No matter how powerful Vitiate was in general, his performance in the temple was terrible. HoT is a powerful and skilled character I accept but Vitiate's failure was bigger than HoT's victory there.

The_Tempest
No matter how powerful Vitiate was in general, his performance in the temple was terrible.

thumb up

Nephthys
No matter how skilled the B team was in general, their performance in the chancellors office was terrible.

The_Tempest
http://images.sodahead.com/profiles/0/0/2/4/1/7/1/2/3/he-mad-misterogers-104326334672.jpeg

Sinious
@ Nephthys

How is that even the same thing? Palpatine was extremely fast with the saber and he killed them fast. They couldn't keep up with him. Vitiate's failure is a complete different thing.

The_Tempest
@ Nephthys

How is that even the same thing? Palpatine was extremely fast with the saber and he killed them fast. They couldn't keep up with him. Vitiate's failure is a complete different thing.

He's angry

Sinious
Originally posted by The_Tempest
He's angry

lol

This hype for HoT is quite disturbing.

They needed someone to kill the Emperor or the galaxy would perish and they justified this unrealistic success of HoT by making Vitiate weaker than he normally is. Such a terrible storyline. Still quite impressive yet not enough to put her above Windu.

Nephthys
@ Nephthys

Vitiate simply couldn't overpower the Hero. It was hardly a bad fight, being described as 'an apocalyptic duel.' It's unfair to call Vitiates performance terrible since we only saw him fighting while near depleted.

I suppose a better example though would be that Sidious performed terribly against Windu. He was disarmed, put on his ass and scurrying backwards like a b*tch in the prison shower and melted his own face.

The_Tempest
Told ya he was mad.

http://www.meh.ro/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/meh.ro5380.jpg

Nephthys
I'm mad because in my rage I crushed a glass and now I have pineapple juice all over my hand. And also blood. It's so sticky!

The_Tempest
I think you're mad because no one cares about Vitiate whereas Palpatine is a cultural icon and will always be more important, popular, powerful, intelligent, accomplished, and endowed than any of your favorite Star Wars characters.

Sinious
It was hardly a bad fight, being described as 'an apocalyptic duel.' It's unfair to call Vitiates performance terrible since we only saw him fighting while near depleted.

How does that even make sense? First you say it is an apocalyptic duel than you claim that HoT faced a near depleted Vitiate.

Are you suggesting that an immensely weakened Vitiate is >>> ROTS Sidious?

Like I said, if this happened because Vitiate was much weaker than his normal strength, than her victory is not impressive at all. However though, if you are suggesting that HoT is actually more powerful in a combat compared to a decent Vitiate, than I will respectfully disagree with you.

It doesn't make sense for me to believe that a young inexperienced jedi was able to fight her way into the Empire's leaders' chambers and face him in his own temple and defeat the Emperor who has lived for 1400 years and continuously grew in power with rituals and sorcery, who has suppressed dozens of thousands of extremely powerful sith lords without even attempting to remain as a political figure but as a godlike sith avatar of the dark side and he did this for centuries.

Sinious
I think you're mad because no one cares about Vitiate whereas Palpatine is a cultural icon and will always be more important, popular, powerful, intelligent, accomplished, and endowed than any of your favorite Star Wars characters.

Actually Vitiate is my favorite character in SW mythos. smile

And still I don't find HoT as impressive as most people do.

The_Tempest
Actually Vitiate is my favorite character in SW mythos. smile

And still I don't find HoT as impressive as most people do.

I was talking to Neph. You're clearly not angry.

But... Vitiate is your favorite character? lol

Nephthys
How does that even make sense? First you say it is an apocalyptic duel than you claim that HoT faced a near depleted Vitiate.

Are you suggesting that an immensely weakened Vitiate is >>> ROTS Sidious?

I meant that the only part of the duel that we see is the very end, when Vitiate is clearly nearly depleted of energy. He's panting, on his knees and clutching his side. Every other part of the duel occurs during gameplay.

Like I said, if this happened because Vitiate was much weaker than his normal strength, than her victory is not impressive at all. However though, if you are suggesting that HoT is actually more powerful in a combat compared to a decent Vitiate, than I will respectfully disagree with you.

It doesn't make sense for me to believe that a young inexperienced jedi was able to fight her way into the Empire's leaders' chambers and face him in his own temple and defeat the Emperor who has lived for 1400 years and continuously grew in power with rituals and sorcery, who has suppressed dozens of thousands of extremely powerful sith lords without even attempting to remain as a political figure but as a godlike sith avatar of the dark side and he did this for centuries.

You should just read my summery of the duel in my HoT respect thread. I'll summarize:

Vitiate was highly weakened, but he was recovering.

The Hero had to fight through Kaas City and the Dark Temple to get to Vitiate, which would wear her out.

The Hero additionally can waste time and energy saving their love interest, giving Vitiate more time to recover.

The Dark Temple is a hugely powerful darkside nexus that Vitiate could draw upon in the fight.

Sinious
I was talking to Neph. You're clearly not angry.

But... Vitiate is your favorite character? lol

I know. I meant that I don't argue with Neph cause I think Vitiate or TOR era sucks. I just think HoT sucks. big grin

And yes. Sith are much interesting than the jedi for me and Vitiate is the most inhuman sith ever. He is like the combination of Sidious and Nihilus.

Sinious
I meant that the only part of the duel that we see is the very end, when Vitiate is clearly nearly depleted of energy. He's panting, on his knees and clutching his side. Every other part of the duel occurs during gameplay.

Oh okay then.

And despite all these facts, she still succeeded which doesn't make sense at all. So I will assume that Vitiate was much weaker than he was when he defeated Revan or destroyed Dark Councils.

It is an assumption yes. But nothing suggests otherwise. Those details you give(that I already know) are open to interpretation.

The_Tempest
And yes. Sith are much interesting than the jedi for me and Vitiate is the most inhuman sith ever. He is like the combination of Sidious and Nihilus.

Interesting. It's all subjective, really. But imho Vitiate is about as weak a character as it gets. The eldritch aspect was covered better with Nihilus and everything else is a pale imitation of Palpatine.

Sinious
Interesting. It's all subjective, really. But imho Vitiate is about as weak a character as it gets. The eldritch aspect was covered better with Nihilus and everything else is a pale imitation of Palpatine.

I agree in that regard. I just like how above his story is than the rest. Even Palpatine shows interest in things like politics or feeling a part of Bane's order and desperately trying to find a decent apprentice.

Vitiate doesn't care about sith, the jedi, having apprentices or ruling the galaxy. He is trying to become one with the force but not the jedi way. It is as if he is trying to achieve a revolution in the galaxy where he will overthrow the force and replace it with himself. Its the most ambitious thing I've seen in SW tbh.

The_Tempest
I agree in that regard. I just like how above his story is than the rest. Even Palpatine shows interest in things like politics or feeling a part of Bane's order and desperately trying to find a decent apprentice.

Vitiate doesn't care about sith, the jedi, having apprentices or ruling the galaxy. He is trying to become one with the force but not the jedi way. It is as if he is trying to achieve a revolution in the galaxy where he will overthrow the force and replace it with himself. Its the most ambitious thing I've seen in SW tbh.

Even this, too, is a pale imitation of Sidious. Section 1.3, "The Apotheosis of Palpatine."

It's a shame. These folks had the opportunity to do something really unique. By ripping him off, all the SWTOR writers accomplished that they accomplished was to cement Palpatine's status as the most important Star Wars villain and that their emperor will simply fade into obscurity as Star Wars moves forward.

Sinious
Wow I always wondered and was trying to find out if Palpatine had similar intentions or would he be satisfied with full political domination of the galaxy.

This is amazing:

"Here one sees the final form of the Galactic Empire: The Galactic Emperor would ultimately consume his own hierarchs into his own ego. In turn, each of these adepts would consume others beneath them, until at last every last sentient being were assimilated into the Galactic Emperor. The Galactic Emperor was already quasi-immortal, having overcome death by means of possessing clone bodies; by then, he would have transcended humanity itself, becoming more a force of nature than an individual being. Indeed, one questions whether he would have need of his original body at all, having every single body in the galaxy as his own."

Well Palpatine was my first fave character before Vitiate. I always knew he had it in him. Im so proud of him right now.

The_Tempest
thumb up

I like you.

Let's all laugh about how no one cares about Vitiate and Palpatine is just so much betterer in every way.

#tormentingnephisfun

Nephthys
I don't really like Vitiate that much.

#apathy

Sinious
thumb up

I like you.

lol thanks man

"You're breaking my heart, you're going down a path I can't follow." sad

PTforthewin
lol thanks man

"You're breaking my heart, you're going down a path I can't follow." sad YOU DARE SAY A LINE FROM THE PREQUALS!

Sinious
YOU DARE SAY A LINE FROM THE PREQUALS!

Whats wrong? I thought you loved the PT?

PTforthewin
Whats wrong? I thought you loved the PT? It was a joke bro

chilled monkey
And despite all these facts, she still succeeded which doesn't make sense at all.

It makes perfect sense.

A) Vitiate wasn't at full power

and

B) The Hero was just that good.

So I will assume that Vitiate was much weaker than he was when he defeated Revan or destroyed Dark Councils.

He was. So what? Even then he was still heckuva powerful and beating him was still a great feat.

Bioware is making a open world Star Wars game I hope I can be a smuggler or bounty hunter in coruscant and make it a action adventure type game not this jedi RPG boring linear bullshit.

Who gives a filoffal about smugglers or bounty hunters (besides you)? Smugglers and/or bounty hunters are boring (besides one or two exceptions). Jedi are what make Star Wars awesome.

(Seriously, if you like smugglers or bounty hunters that's fine, whatever makes you happy)

Sinious
Originally posted by chilled monkey
It makes perfect sense.

A) Vitiate wasn't at full power

and

B) The Hero was just that good.

He was. So what? Even then he was still heckuva powerful and beating him was still a great feat.

Saying that defeating a much weaker Vitiate puts HoT above Mace is kind of suggesting that council slaughtering and Revan crushing Vitiate is then above even ROTS Sidious which I wouldn't have a problem with but it may lead to some problems for others.

chilled monkey
Saying that defeating a much weaker Vitiate puts HoT above Mace is kind of suggesting that council slaughtering and Revan crushing Vitiate is then above even ROTS Sidious which I wouldn't have a problem with but it may lead to some problems for others.

Fair enough.

I just want to make it clear that even when weakened, Vitiate was still VERY powerful when the HoT fought him.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.