Joker Vs Batman Rogues, sort of

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
Looking at other sites just now, i was reminded that Joker was supposed to die in his debut, making him a one shot villain:

http://i522.photobucket.com/albums/w344/riv6672/image_zpsaa7b35ca.jpg

Thankfully, we got this instead:

http://i522.photobucket.com/albums/w344/riv6672/image_zps64a3d569.jpg

So, with no Joker for Batman to fight for 20+ years, then be brought to manic life in 1966 by Cesar Romero, seen in cartoon form after that, made psychotic in the 70s, re-imagined again by Jack Nicholson, made an icon (if he wasnt already) in stories like The Dark Knight Returns, The Killing Joke, A Death in the Family etc., who the heck would Heath Ledger have been playing in The Dark Knight???

Which of Batman's existing rogues would/could have become his arch enemy and why? Who has that kind of "star power"?

DarkSaint85
Catwoman.

SamZED
Ras?

riv6672
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
Catwoman.

Originally posted by SamZED
Ras?

No why's for either choice, so i'd say:

Catwoman's a good pick, she has one of the most heated, personal relationships with Batman, equal to Joker's albeit for very different reasons.

Ras, i dont like as much for arch villain status. He's had definite impact, but, he's not very visually exciting, and is kind of dry. Batman's so stoic, as a kid Ras stories were some of my least favorite to read. No counter point, just two very serious guys doing very serious things...

pym-ftw
Zsasz, he's cooler than the Joker he just needs mainstream attention.

VanMae
Probably Two-Face. He's visually interesting, and iconic enough that he's been prominent in two movies.

StiltmanFTW
Two Face. yes.

riv6672
Two Face is interesting.
He sure as heck would never have made it into the TV show, though!

SamZED
What TV show?

StiltmanFTW
Adam West, I'm guessing.

You... CRIMINALS! You abominable outlaws...

SamZED
Am I the only one who kinda likes Beware the Batman? Deathstroke is badass, Two-Face is cool in a crazy kind of way, I even like Katana and Anarchy.

StiltmanFTW
Haven't seen it.

Internet reviews, etc. raped it, afaik. So it's not all that bad?

SamZED
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Haven't seen it.

Internet reviews, etc. raped it, afaik. So it's not all that bad? It's not all bad. Not bad at all I'd even say I really enjoyed it. Great action, good plot. Most people trashed it because show's creators said they won't introduce classic villains and will focus on less popular ones. And they did at first, but then they introduced Ras, Two-Face, Deathstroke, mentioned Penguin and I feel Joker is bound to show up some time soon. It's a solid show. Definitely sh!ts on everything Marvel's produced lately. And I'm not even a Batman fan.

AsbestosFlaygon
I think maybe Bane.

Almost as intelligent as Batman, and in peak human physique.
Very akin to Batman.

Digi
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Zsasz, he's cooler than the Joker he just needs mainstream attention.

In the last 15 years, yes, this. Before that, things were a little more cartoonish. Zsasz would have had trouble fitting in. If we're talking about someone that ran the marathon from Batman's early years, Two-Face is a good guess.

VanMae
Originally posted by riv6672
Two Face is interesting.
He sure as heck would never have made it into the TV show, though!

The Nolan version, no, but I could see the Schumaker version getting on TV. The make-up was so deliberately fake and cartoony as to be kid-friendly.

Existere
Scarecrow, for sure. The whole concept of Scarecrow, getting in people's heads and playing on their fears is so classic, pure Batman.

Two Face as well.

Riddler wouldn't reach the same level as Joker, but he could fill a more prominent role.

riv6672
Yeah, Riddler might be a good choice, really.
Been around since the early days. Fun gimmick. Popular in the 60s show. Without Joker around he might have gotten more spotlight in the books.

Two Face is really good too, like i said. That make up would scare kids though!
There was a one shot guy on the show who wore a plastic mask that never came back, because people called in complaining!

Bentley
Let's stop kidding ourselves, there is no universe in which the Riddler is not a second stringer.

riv6672
Respectfully disagree.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.