Trading Punches: Superman & Ben Grimm

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
These guys are involved in two of the best boxing stories in comics.
Superman Vs Muhammed Ali and Marvel Two in One annual #7.

In each case, neither would go down to their opponents.

So, on equal footing (superman under a red sun simulator after a block of instruction with Ali, Ben in human form, having trained in boxing since his early teens), what are the results of a 12 round match?
A knockout for either fighter? Or does the fight go the distance, and come down to a decision?

Superman without his powers is 6 foot 3, 235 lbs early 30s, with strength speed and stamina of a man who engages in intensive regular exercise.

Ben Grimm in human form is 6 feet tall, 220 lbs mid 40s with strength speed and stamina of a man who engages in intensive regular exercise.

DarkSaint85
Supes wins.

I'm assuming you're making things semi-realistic, what with the no powers etc.

Superman has a reach advantage, a weight advantage (plus its pure muscle), and is younger.

Superman also has fight skills of his own that he brings.

riv6672
I could have gone with powers, but Superman's showing against Ali was without, and Ben was an experienced fighter before his transformation. Seemed better.
Both these guys showed true grit against overwhelming opponents. I was interested in seeing if posters thought a knockout was likely here (i dont).
And yes, Superman has varied fighting skills, so does Ben, but i'm talking boxing, specifically an Ali instructed Superman and Ben, who himself used Ali tactics against Champion.
No Krypton Fu involved, or other plot devices. None were used in the Ali fight, so they dont factor here.

You said Superman wins. How? KO or decision?

DarkSaint85
I would go with a KO in a later round, when Clark's age and stamina proves more telling in the later stages.

riv6672
Cool, though i disagree.
Ben's too stubborn to go down, and Superman is too, of course!

Delta1938
Originally posted by riv6672

Ben's too stubborn to go down--

No wonder Alicia left him.

riv6672
Ha, bazinga!

Delta1938
Originally posted by riv6672
Ha, bazinga!

big grin

-Pr-
Originally posted by Delta1938

laughing out loud

maxivitopowe
Originally posted by Delta1938
And now I'm thinking about the logistics of a turgid rock penis
Thanks

Delta1938
Originally posted by maxivitopowe
Thanks

big grin You're welcome!! laughing out loud laughing

carver9
Superman wins this. Include powers and this becomes interesting.

smile

riv6672
Nope, no powers here.

Superman IMO, loses on decision in a pretty good match. His age and physical advantages are countered by Ben's boxing experience. Neither gets a KO. But Ben, the much better boxer, will pick him apart.

h1a8
Originally posted by carver9
Superman wins this. Include powers and this becomes interesting.

smile

Yes it becomes spite. That's why this fight is with no powers.

Badabing
Originally posted by maxivitopowe
Thanks You've been Brucified. thumb down

pym-ftw
So is everyone talking about preboot superman or did he get skilled all the sudden?

abhilegend
Originally posted by pym-ftw
So is everyone talking about preboot superman or did he get skilled all the sudden?
Superman has learned boxing in DCnU too. Just because Soule can't write a competent superman because he has to show wonder woman doesn't means he isn't skilled.

riv6672
Originally posted by h1a8
Yes it becomes spite. That's why this fight is with no powers.
Pretty much this. If this has to rely on powers to get a win for Superman, it shows a certain lack of faith in his HTH skill, really.

Originally posted by pym-ftw
Its in the OP. Ali schooled Superman from the story cited.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.