Zuko vs. Mako

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

King Joker
ATLA vs. TLoK!
Which firebender will prevail?!
Setting: Where Zuko & Azula fought
Both have Sozin's Comet amp

KingD19
Zuko easily. He took on and held his own against several of the most elite Firebenders in the world over the course of TLA. Mako didn't. Also, the quality of Benders seems to have gone done due to the worl not being at war for a century.

Demonic Phoenix
Zuko wins.

chasedown
Zuko was taught firebending by dragons who were the first masters of fire..... He wins

King Joker
Originally posted by KingD19
Zuko easily. He took on and held his own against several of the most elite Firebenders in the world over the course of TLA. Mako didn't. Also, the quality of Benders seems to have gone done due to the worl not being at war for a century.
Zuko would not easily win. And I have absolutely no problem seeing Mako taking on the people Zuko took on. People underestimate TLoK benders. It would be an extremely hard fought battle for whoever wins.

BloodRain
There's a good reason people underestimate modern Benders. Though wouldn't call it so much an underestimation.

ares834
Zuko wins easily.

King Joker
Originally posted by BloodRain
There's a good reason people underestimate modern Benders. Though wouldn't call it so much an underestimation.
I would.

Q99
Originally posted by King Joker
Zuko would not easily win. And I have absolutely no problem seeing Mako taking on the people Zuko took on. People underestimate TLoK benders. It would be an extremely hard fought battle for whoever wins.

Zhao? Maybe. Azula? No way.

King Joker
Maybe not Azula, I don't know, but he could totally beat Zhao.

KingD19
Beating Zhao isn't that big a deal. Zuko beat him early on before he even began to truly show how skilled he was.

I don't see Mako lasting against Azula, or Ozai, or Aang or Katara going all out, etc...

Also, Zuko had the best firebending training possible as he was a royal child, and was also trained by his uncle, who was in the top 3 Firebenders in the series. Then he was trained by Dragons, the originators of Firebending.

There's far more evidence to Zuko winning than him losing.

King Joker
I can see Mako lasting a relatively lengthy amount of time against Azula, or Katara. In Book 3 when Zuko was attacking Aang, right when Aang went all-out Aang blasted him out of the house. And, of course Mako can't last long against Ozai, it's not like Zuko can either. And I'm not saying Zuko would lose, I'm just saying he wouldn't beat him easily.

BloodRain
Admittedly only bringing season 2 now, but from season 1? What has Mako done to put him with Zuko?

Mako vs Book1 Zuko? Sure. At this stage they are both talented firebenders, Mako being more gifted, Zuko with more developed combat skills. Police vs Warrior.

This changes aafter Iroh's training. At this point he is a master of the arts and regularly faces other established masters, Aang included.

A wider gap when he learns from the Dragons. After this his skills, bending and non, improve. More refined and more powerful.

Book 1 Zuko could tie, Book 2 takes him out like he would any other skilled bender, and Book 3 curbs him.

King Joker
I concede. Maybe I'll continue this debate after Book 3 and/or 4 of TLoK...

chasedown
Mako has never shown as much power and fighting prowess as zuko has.

BloodRain
Problem is I don't see much changing unless a plot demands it. Like Mako feeling emasculated being a sub to Korra so seeks the gaidance of, let's see.. old man Zuko.

LoK works on a get bending, use bending approach. In one and a half books no ones natural Bending skills have improved, only keeping things at a competitive level. The only change has been from Korra in the training montage pre-series to make her as good as or better than natural students, then acquiring Air (which she's at a base level with).

In LoA every Bender kept improving and training their skills to become masters of their art. Both shows differ on that style, so I don't see another book changing things.

chasedown
Have you guys seen the trailer for season 3 toph and zuko are still alive!!!!

King Joker
They haven't really confirmed Toph being alive actually. I'm excited to see Zuko though.

KingD19
There's a good chance Toph is still alive. Lin isn't that old, and Toph was a few years younger than Katara and Zuko. So unless she died early like Sokka and Aang(the only 2 actually confirmed dead), then she could be like a girl version of Bumi.

chasedown
They haven't really confirmed Toph being alive actually. I'm excited to see Zuko though.

In the leaked episodes it was stated shes alive and wandering around the world

King Joker
Interesting... I kinda wish she wasn't alive to be honest...

ares834
Originally posted by chasedown
In the leaked episodes it was stated shes alive and wandering around the world

Thanks for the spoilers asshat.

chasedown
Originally posted by ares834
Thanks for the spoilers asshat.

Oh please Is me telling you toph is alive gonna stop you from watching or enjoying the show.

Plus me saying someone is alive is a general statement

BloodRain
A spoiler is a spoiler, respect that about others.

chasedown
Its not even really a spoiler tho especially if its insinuated in the trailer

King Joker
It was insinuated in the trailer? Wasn't it the leaked episodes?

chasedown
It was insinuated in the trailer? Wasn't it the leaked episodes?

Both in the trailer it was insinuated and the episodes

Episodes 4,5,6 were leaked in spanish dub

King Joker
Where was she insinuated in the trailers though?

chasedown
Where was she insinuated in the trailers though?

If you watch the episodes youll see it. I dont wanna "spoil" anything else

BloodRain
We have spoiler tags y'know.

NotAllThatEvil
I think you guys might be throwing mako under the bus a little early. He doesn't have the talent or skill Zuko does, but he does have lightning. Lightning redirection was still a new and unperfected technique. Little bit of an edge to mako.

King Joker
Indeed. But Mako's lightning is not even close to Ozai's.

NotAllThatEvil
he did use it while being blood bended. Lightning in atla is a lot bigger and messier, mako has been shown to whip it out alot faster than azula and ozai. in general he's a far weaker bender than most of the big names from the previous series, but his lightning is also alot more refined. if not stronger.

chasedown
Originally posted by NotAllThatEvil
he did use it while being blood bended. Lightning in atla is a lot bigger and messier, mako has been shown to whip it out alot faster than azula and ozai. in general he's a far weaker bender than most of the big names from the previous series, but his lightning is also alot more refined. if not stronger.

Zuko redirected ozai's lightning and azula's those two bender have shown far more skill and power than mako ever has.

NotAllThatEvil
azula's lightning almost killed him. he's still unpracticed in that technique while mako does it for a living. not saying mako is more skilled, just that lightning acts as a good equalizer.

King Joker
He probably would've redirected it if she didn't aim it at Katara and he had to jump in front of it to save her ass.

NotAllThatEvil
point is, his record is one good redirect and one bad redirect. lightning is a wild card in atla but is common in lok. that could give mako the edge he needs.

BloodRain
There's no doubt that Zuko would have both perfectly redirected Azula's lightning and even won the battle with it, and I believe Azula herself knew this which is why she targeted Katara for iirc the first time in the fight.

Why does being refined mean it's stronger? As said Zuko could counter two top tier non-Avatar State characters, he'd have no trouble with Mako's.

NotAllThatEvil
I don't think ozai's and azula's lightning is that much stronger. Maybe stronger, but it's like the boulder vs toph. Toph just had a more natural refined technique. Zuko is obviously the more powerful bender, but mako is definitely the better lightning bender.

BloodRain
Toph is still stronger than the boulder.

But even assuming Mako's a little weaker but a little more skilled.. what does that mean in terms of Zuko still having what it takes?

Remember that Ozai was both powerful and swift in usage, which meant nothing to Zuko.

Mako may have lightning, but Zuko is able to redirect, has greater combat skills and firebending skills.

NotAllThatEvil
he successfully dealt with lightning once. Ozai was just getting his fire back. and even if zuko bounces back, mako can do that too. It will basically turn into lightning tennis. Mako will win lightning tennis.

i liken it unto toph and bumi. bumi is alot more powerful but toph is able to keep up because of her extra abilities.

AuraAngel
Zuko doesn't need to redirect the lightning at Mako. Once it becomes apparent that Mako possess both the ability to produce lightning and the ability to redirect it the lightning battle will effectively be finished. Lightning is an edge but Zuko has sufficient defense to nullify that edge and turn it into a fire fight. And in a fire fight Zuko will win lol.

BloodRain
Once from the most powerful fire bender.. almost twice from another A-lister if not for stumbling. Whats so impressive about Mako to put him above them? Or one gets smart and fires it somewhere else..

The only way she'd match up to Bumi, like in the comics, is with raw esrthbending skills. Metal won't help and seismic will go so far with such a master.

You have a minor, manageable edge for Mako agains the many edges Zuko has.

NotAllThatEvil
zuko is without a doubt the superior bender, but lightning was his kryptonite for the longest time. I just think mako's lightning isn't to terribly below azula's

AuraAngel
It is below Azula's during the Comet lol.

BloodRain
The only kryptonite has been being able to generate it in his turmoiled heart up to Book 2, but never had the issue with redirecting. That was the whole reason he was taught that.

NotAllThatEvil
fair enough. zuko wins. just thought i'd try to make things interesting.

King Joker
Thoughts?

RaventheOnly
awweee I thought it was Mako when I clicked it from klk and I was wondering why such a weird choice sad I am sad. /back to not caring

King Joker
Uh...

pym-ftw
Mako wins, the first series power is vastly overrated.

wakkawakkawakka
If your talking about Mako's Gary Stu status being reactivated during Season 3's finale, I don't think that really counts. Mako was a pretty average firebender throughout the season.

AuraAngel
Mako does have better showings now.

He is still below Zuko though. Zuko's fire was able to block a ship exploding and Combustion Man's attacks.

NemeBro
This would probably be a good fight as of Mako's current showings. Zuko should still win more times than not though. He's still probably the better firebender and can redirect Mako's biggest advantage, and in close quarters combat he's far more dominant.

pym-ftw
Originally posted by wakkawakkawakka
If your talking about Mako's Gary Stu status being reactivated during Season 3's finale, I don't think that really counts. Mako was a pretty average firebender throughout the season. Mako was a PROFESSIONAL fire bender and considered a star in the sport... he is well above average.

wakkawakkawakka
In terms of firebending feats Mako didn't do anything spectacular this season, or season 2 for that matter, until the finale. Though he did get some good combat feats in the finale regardless of how I felt towards them.

Zuko still wins though.

BloodRain
A professional at pro bending, where you can only use small fireballs.

pym-ftw
Still beats series one stationary bending, its literally stated by Korra that pro bending >>> older styles of bending.

BloodRain
How?

Nephthys
It's only better actually in pro-bending, since theres limited space and amount you're allowed to bend and there's 3 opponents to worry about at all times. So you need to be constantly moving and throwing out quick, light jabs. But someone like Zuko could probably just power through such small strikes and overwhelm an opponent.

pym-ftw
Originally posted by BloodRain
How? how is Korra stating something her stating something? Originally posted by Nephthys
It's only better actually in pro-bending, since theres limited space and amount you're allowed to bend and there's 3 opponents to worry about at all times. So you need to be constantly moving and throwing out quick, light jabs. But someone like Zuko could probably just power through such small strikes and overwhelm an opponent. the context doesnt really back your ascertion. Mako bends much faster than Zuko especially lightning bending.

BloodRain
How as in the topic Neph spoke about. In which was is it superior when all they do us boxing dodges and small fireballs.

And he doesn't really. The fight against Aang in the ep with the tracker woman shows this, or even against the General. Actually any firebending fight after season 1 demonstrates his speed. And more so on that, his acrobatics which trump all in LoK apart from the higher Airbenders. Lightning bending won't help Mako. In fact seeing as he takes Azula's and Ozai's, the latter not being telegraphed, means he can which is worse for Mako as I don't believe he can deflect it himself.

NemeBro
Ozai put out lightning even faster than Mako does in the Day of Black Sun.

Zuko still redirected it.

pym-ftw
Ozai still telegraphed it with his flowery moves, Mako can lightning bend and redirect with barely any effort. I mean he did it all day nearly every day at his job.

AuraAngel
His lightning also failed to kill a man(or significantly harm him) despite being shot at point blank range.

pym-ftw
Lightning fails to kill most of the time, Ozai's fire failed to kill Zuko point blank to the face wanna low ball that?

AuraAngel
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Lightning fails to kill most of the time, Ozai's fire failed to kill Zuko point blank to the face wanna low ball that?

Considering Zuko caught it it should come as no surprise that it didn't kill him.

But if you want feats Zuko caught, redirected, and survived(briefly) Azula's comet amped lightning. The same lightning that killed the Avatar.

pym-ftw
Zuko was also amped likewise.

AuraAngel
Comet amps Firebending, not internal organ sturdiness.

Azula still killed Aang with lightning. thumb up

pym-ftw
Ok? I'm not sure where your going with this unless you don't know/understand context...

Mako blitz ftw.

NotAllThatEvil
Originally posted by AuraAngel
His lightning also failed to kill a man(or significantly harm him) despite being shot at point blank range.
implying ammon couldn't use his blood bending to heal himself...

AuraAngel
Ok? I'm not sure where your going with this unless you don't know/understand context...

Mako blitz ftw.

My point is Mako's lightning is weak and your argument about lightning not killing anyone is weak.

He blitzes someone faster than him? Do tell.

implying ammon couldn't use his blood bending to heal himself...

Bloodbending has never been use that way and neglects the lack of hole in Amon's body, which is what is present when we see lightning actually hit a person.

NotAllThatEvil
most competent water benders can heal. I assume a super blood bender could do it

pym-ftw
most competent water benders can heal. I assume a super blood bender could do it Katara said healing was a special skill & required spirit water for anything majorOriginally posted by AuraAngel
My point is Mako's lightning is weak and your argument about lightning not killing anyone is weak.

He blitzes someone faster than him? Do tell.

Bloodbending has never been use that way and neglects the lack of hole in Amon's body, which is what is present when we see lightning actually hit a person. Mako lightning bent without moving Azula shot a distracted Aang in the back.

Zuko needs to do elaborate moves to fire bend Mako keeps the pressure in until Zuko goes for his swords in which Mako can go for lightning attacks freely. Mako has Zuko in stamina & speed.

AuraAngel
most competent water benders can heal. I assume a super blood bender could do it

You can count the number of healers on 1 hand. There are tons of powerful waterbenders who never show an inclination towards healing.

Katara said healing was a special skill & required spirit water for anything major Mako lightning bent without moving Azula shot a distracted Aang in the back.

Zuko needs to do elaborate moves to fire bend Mako keeps the pressure in until Zuko goes for his swords in which Mako can go for lightning attacks freely. Mako has Zuko in stamina & speed.

You seem to be missing the point. Azula killed a person(the Avatar actually) while Mako's lightning failed to. You can say Mako can spam it but the damage is negligible and Zuko can redirect stronger lightning.

http://38.media.tumblr.com/1a04d5c11aee90c004d4006370982c54/tumblr_mqbn8arnZX1qiv5tpo1_500.gif

This is slow.

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view2/1137002/zuko-azula-agni-kai-o.gif

Compared to that anyway.

http://33.media.tumblr.com/5714ace752db2bc5fffead6825fdad24/tumblr_mod9k0EPap1sqd6q3o1_500.gif

https://p.gr-assets.com/540x540/fit/hostedimages/1380222758/634042.gif

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lfhzvxqAw51qd21lso1_500.gif

Check out these slow movements. thumb up

But he does move slow on occasion.

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view/905965/zuko-fire-o.gif

Which results in an attacks that utterly dwarfs Mako's best fire attacks.

Mako is indeed a speedy little guy but Zuko has reacted to arrows from a Yuyan archer(the same kind that managed to catch a freaking airbender), blocked Combustion Man's attack from a few feat, and reacted to his ship exploding much more quickly than Mako reacted to the explosion posted above. Speed is not an issue for Zuko.

Rikudo sennin
Zuko stomps.

pym-ftw
Mako was restricted, Azula wasn't and she severed Aang's conection thus being the avatar means nothing.

Lowballing Mako really doesn't help your case, just kinda makes you seem biased.

Firebending massive attacks don't matter when both can redirect fire, i see this coming to cqc and I'd edge Mako there. He can both attack & defend better.

Nephthys
Zuko also ran in front of lightning in the finale. Of course, Avatar lightning likely isn't anywhere near as fast as rl lightning, but it's still really ****ing fast and he was able to put himself in front of it.

Edit: Lmao, no way is Zuko losing in cqc. He's a fricking beast in melee.

pym-ftw
Honestly all bending seem the same speed to me except maybe earth bending.

KingD19
Zuko in CQC has demonstrated both superhuman strength and durability. In a fist fight Mako goes down.

NemeBro
M i see this coming to cqc and I'd edge Mako there. This is about the point where everyone should laugh and stop paying attention to anything you say.

pym-ftw
So has Mako. He overpowered Bloodbending something Zuko didnt.

AuraAngel
Mako was restricted, Azula wasn't and she severed Aang's conection thus being the avatar means nothing.

Lowballing Mako really doesn't help your case, just kinda makes you seem biased.

Firebending massive attacks don't matter when both can redirect fire, i see this coming to cqc and I'd edge Mako there. He can both attack & defend better.

Indeed. If Mako had had timed to wind up his attacks he might have harmed him more. But that negates the idea that spammable lightning is superior.

I'm not lowballing him. But facts are facts and the facts are Mako simply lacks sufficient showings to outpower Zuko and Zuko has enough speed to negate whatever advantage Mako might have in that area.

You think Zuko would lose in CQC? erm

pym-ftw
If Zuko draws his swords he can't redirect lightning and Mako's Boxing > Zuko's Northern Shaolin kung fu. Originally posted by NemeBro
This is about the point where everyone should laugh and stop paying attention to anything you say. good point raver just cover your eyes and ears and sing lullabies.

AuraAngel
If Zuko draws his swords he can't redirect lightning and Mako's Boxing > Zuko's Northern Shaolin kung fu. good point raver just cover your eyes and ears and sing lullabies.

The Lieutentant managed just fine with his less dangerous weapons lol.

pym-ftw
The same guy who also beat an avatar...

I'm not sure where your going but Zuko without his bending gets destroyed by amon's guys aswell.

NemeBro
Zuko would flatten any Equalist short of Amon himself in hand to hand.

pym-ftw
Based on beating jobber faceless soldiers who were skillful in nothing?

Nephthys
Damn, you want him to win so bad huh? laughing

King Joker
Mako is so irresistible, I don't blame him.

AuraAngel
The same guy who also beat an avatar...

I'm not sure where your going but Zuko without his bending gets destroyed by amon's guys aswell.

Are you implying that the Lieutenant is anything other than a complete joke? erm

Dude Zuko could fight Jet without bending. Jet managed to straight up beat Aang in a one on one fight.

The implication that Mako could beat Zuko in CQC is ludicrous.

NemeBro
Based on beating jobber faceless soldiers who were skillful in nothing? You've described almost every single Equalist besides the two named ones.

Zuko stalemated Jet in a sword fight. The same Jet who nearly took out Aang. thumb up

KingD19
Zuko also took on Earthbenders just using his swords.

pym-ftw
Originally posted by NemeBro
You've described almost every single Equalist besides the two named ones.

Zuko stalemated Jet in a sword fight. The same Jet who nearly took out Aang. thumb up Originally posted by AuraAngel
Are you implying that the Lieutenant is anything other than a complete joke? erm

Dude Zuko could fight Jet without bending. Jet managed to straight up beat Aang in a one on one fight.

The implication that Mako could beat Zuko in CQC is ludicrous. the same Jet who lost to Katara...Originally posted by Nephthys
Damn, you want him to win so bad huh? laughing i just dont like this argument that the first series was more powerful BS and honestly not one single argument has been made to prove me wrong. Originally posted by KingD19
Zuko also took on Earthbenders just using his swords. ??? I can't remember this, when did this happen?

ares834
Originally posted by Nephthys
Damn, you want him to win so bad huh? laughing

thumb up

KingD19
When he gave that little kid his knife and was hiding that he was a Firebender. He schooled three of the four guys with just h2h and his swords, but he had to finally firebend against the leader because he was throwing giant rocks at him.

King Joker
the same Jet who lost to Katara...
So?

??? I can't remember this, when did this happen?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8BSKOZLCXc

pym-ftw
Okay, he beat up townie bullies... impressive?

pym-ftw
So?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8BSKOZLCXc so in your opinion Katara >>> Aang. Right...

King Joker
so in your opinion Katara >>> Aang. Right...

Obviously not.

And anyways, Katara hit him out of nowhere with water, and it's not like Jet would try and hurt her anyways.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sd5gdNpfjho

Their second encounter he was completely unaggressive and didn't even try and fight back.

AuraAngel
the same Jet who lost to Katara...

i just dont like this argument that the first series was more powerful BS and honestly not one single argument has been made to prove me wrong.

You mean when she caught him off guard before hitting him several times before freezing him so he could not get his bearings?

That's fine. Not one single argument you've made as changed our minds either. We do seem to outnumber you though.

NemeBro
the same Jet who lost to Katara... You're literally dumber than my cat. He thinks you're foolish.

Katara cheap-shot Jet as he wasn't looking.

Zuko has better feats in hand to hand. Name any feats of physical strength or skill Mako has that exceed Zuko's.

Demonic Phoenix
To be fair, he has a point. Mako doesn't 'build-up' his Lightning with arm movements like every other Firebender has needed to. He just points his fingers.

Zuko's the superior Firebender though. Dragon training alone is enough to prove that.

AuraAngel
Yeah Mako is not weak by any means and hell his actions this season cement him as a master class bender.

Just not as strong as Zuko lol.

KingD19
Not every Firebender in the new series has needed to do the intricate motions. The ones I can recall using lightning have been like Mako. Except when they were generating lightning to power the city, then they did more careful movements instead of just point and shoot.

King Joker
Most benders in TLoK have made many bending moves a lot more simpler and less intricate. At least that's what it looks like.

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by AuraAngel
Yeah Mako is not weak by any means and hell his actions this season cement him as a master class bender.

Just not as strong as Zuko lol.

Agreed.
Zuko's more experienced, physically superior, and was trained by a dragon. Mako's probably smarter in combat though, and he's a lot better with Lightning.

At this point, I wouldn't bet against Mako being a 'unique' bender, like Bolin, Toph, Yakone et al.

Not every Firebender in the new series has needed to do the intricate motions. The ones I can recall using lightning have been like Mako. Except when they were generating lightning to power the city, then they did more careful movements instead of just point and shoot.

Firebenders like Lightning Bolt Zolt and General Iroh are as fast or faster with their Lightning generation than Ozai was, but Mako's the only one who is shown creating it with a simple finger point. Against Ming-Hua, straightening his arm and pointing his fingers was all he needed to create Lightning.

KingD19
I'm pretty sure when they showed Mako working in the electric plant, other benders were doing the same thing. Point and shoot. That was season 1 though so I could be wrong.

pym-ftw
Originally posted by NemeBro
You're literally dumber than my cat. He thinks you're foolish.

Katara cheap-shot Jet as he wasn't looking.

Zuko has better feats in hand to hand. Name any feats of physical strength or skill Mako has that exceed Zuko's. smart I did already but I'll say it again.

Overpowering bloodbending.

Its like asking who wins "an Elite Zulu warrior or a current Soldier"Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
To be fair, he has a point. Mako doesn't 'build-up' his Lightning with arm movements like every other Firebender has needed to. He just points his fingers.

Zuko's the superior Firebender though. Dragon training alone is enough to prove that. Dragon style really didn't amp Zuko it just gave him better control.

Lightning generation is the apex of fire bending.

Demonic Phoenix
Its like asking who wins "an Elite Zulu warrior or a current Soldier"

Dragon style really didn't amp Zuko it just gave him better control.

Lightning generation is the apex of fire bending.

More like "Elite Zulu warrior or Elite MMA fighter."

It made him more refined & skilled than he was prior to the Dragon Dance (he fought evenly with Azula at the Air Temple), as well as current Mako.

That doesn't automatically make Mako the superior firebender. He's obviously got more natural talent, but Zuko's experience more than makes up for that.
And where is that apex thing stated?

I'm pretty sure when they showed Mako working in the electric plant, other benders were doing the same thing. Point and shoot. That was season 1 though so I could be wrong.

Nah, Mako's the only one who was shown creating Lightning during that scene. Everyone else was just maintaining their Lightning.

NemeBro
smart I did already but I'll say it again.

Overpowering bloodbending.

Its like asking who wins "an Elite Zulu warrior or a current Soldier" In martial combat? The Elite Zulu warrior would probably crush the modern day soldier.

Your argument has no substance. Zuko by feats is stronger. Zuko by feats is about on par in speed. Zuko by feats is more powerful. Zuko by feats is more skilled, as a firebender (precision vaporization of an arrow string) and as a martial combatant (Beat Jet).

Mako is a master firebender, I'll grant you. He's probably one of the strongest in the world.

Zuko could deflect lightning from the strongest firebender in the world and is at worst a very close fourth strongest firebender to Azula's third (Admittedly not sure where Jeong Jeong factors into this).

pym-ftw
The evolution of techniques is what im talking about, Mako has more control than Ozai ever showed. I'd say strength is equal Mako has lifted grown men in armor with a single arm and casually carry Bolin who is larger than he is. In Speed Mako is probably the most agile bender in the series. He was compared to an Airbender by Tenzin and is probably the #1 pro bender in the sport.

NotAllThatEvil
pro bending isn't very impressive. It's like comparing rocky to rambo.

pym-ftw
I guess in fight where rocky has tasers for gloves and is able to dodge gunfire...

Dionysus
Zuko.

naurtoisbeast
Originally posted by chasedown
In the leaked episodes it was stated shes alive and wandering around the world Originally posted by chasedown
In the leaked episodes it was stated shes alive and wandering around the world i think zuko will win here

|King Joker|
Bump.

cdtm
Playing devils advocate, would Zuko even be able to read a finger lightning strike, if Mako was clever about telegraphing it?

Sacred 117
Originally posted by cdtm
Playing devils advocate, would Zuko even be able to read a finger lightning strike, if Mako was clever about telegraphing it?

Well... he did counter his dad, for what it's worth...

Henry_Pym
Who telegraphs his attacks hugely.

Sacred 117
I guess. Though, he seemed rather abrubt about it. His form suggested that he could have just as easily used fire instead. (I'd pull up the scene if I had time.) Admittedly, I don't remember Mako's lightning bending all that well, so... shrug

NotAllThatEvil
Originally posted by Henry_Pym
Who telegraphs his attacks hugely.
while zuko's back was turned...

Sacred 117
I'll check the scene later for context, but for now...

http://stream1.gifsoup.com/view/111529/zuko-redirects-lighting-o.gif

Henry_Pym
while zuko's back was turned... ... The room turned green.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.