Superman Vs. Thanos Modified Slugfest

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Geeker
Thanos has no shields and Superman is operating at Superspeed from the start.

Rao Kal El
To quote Diesldude

http://ct.fra.bz/ol/fz/sw/i38/2/8/1/frabz-Let-the-shit-storm-begin-690180.jpg

abhilegend
Not touching this one bro. It will only cause a major shit storm.

thumb up

Delta1938
Originally posted by Geeker
Thanos has no shields and Superman is operating at Superspeed from the start.

Are you trying to commit the perfect murder by giving Quanny a stroke?

burrrrrr
Still trying to rile the hornet's nest, I see.

Thanos stomps unless it becomes a fashion contest in which case they both lose.

h1a8
Thanos has no shields and Superman is operating at Superspeed from the start. In a slugfest do you mean in a h2h fight using only fists to attack and one can block or dodge?
Cause I thought a slugfest is when the characters trade blows (taking turns after each blow).

Please clarify the meaning of "slugfest".

maxivitopowe
Over here we just call that "blow to blow"

Geeker
Originally posted by h1a8
In a slugfest do you mean in a h2h fight using only fists to attack and one can block or dodge?
Cause I thought a slugfest is when the characters trade blows (taking turns after each blow).

Please clarify the meaning of "slugfest".

Why not have both scenarios my good friend?

Let's call blocking, dodging and weaving scenario A

Let's call number of punches from the off reliant on durability, number of strikes and effect of strikes B

Geeker
Originally posted by abhilegend
Not touching this one bro. It will only cause a major shit storm.

thumb up

Why are you worried about voicing your opinion friend?

Geeker
Originally posted by Delta1938
Are you trying to commit the perfect murder by giving Quanny a stroke?

Quanny?

maxivitopowe
Go check the movie versus forum

Geeker
Originally posted by maxivitopowe
Go check the movie versus forum

O.K. What am I looking for?

Geeker
Originally posted by Rao Kal El
To quote Diesldude

http://ct.fra.bz/ol/fz/sw/i38/2/8/1/frabz-Let-the-shit-storm-begin-690180.jpg

Why do you think this topic is going to be contentious or to quote "a shit storm"? Surely people will just offer ideas, theories and argue points.

Silent Master
O.K. What am I looking for?

The poster quanchi112 ,otherwise known as quantroll; he's actually admitted that trolling people is the entire reason he posts.

Rao Kal El
Why do you think this topic is going to be contentious or to quote "a shit storm"? Surely people will just offer ideas, theories and argue points.

Yeah..... no

That will happen in a perfect world, not here.

Geeker
Originally posted by Silent Master
The poster quanchi112 ,otherwise known as quantroll; he's actually admitted that trolling people is the entire reason he posts.

O.K. Friend, thanks, I'll remember to ignore him

Originally posted by Rao Kal El
Yeah..... no

That will happen in a perfect world, not here.

Why not here?

carver9
Thanos stomps and I know why people aren't touching this.

smile

Geeker
Originally posted by carver9

smile

Why?

carver9
Why?

Look at the Thor Vs Superman thread, the posters, then come in here and look at this thread and the responses. It's clear Thanos wins and they even know it. Out if the Heralds though, Superman is one of the only that would give Thanos pure hell in a scenario like this. He will not go down easily.

Geeker
Look at the Thor Vs Superman thread, the posters, then come in here and look at this thread and the responses. It's clear Thanos wins and they even know it. Out if the Heralds though, Superman is one of the only that would give Thanos pure hell in a scenario like this. He will not go down easily.

So as far as this forum is concerned Thanos wins and this is not open to argument even? O.K.

-Pr-
I'm leaving this to Bada to decide on, as he knows Thanos better than I do.

Diesldude
Superman wins.

Diesldude

smile

I don't understand this. You're always saying that Thanos doesn't want a fight with the hulk when he has all of his powers and tech available. Here he has none of his magical, shields or energy powers and you are giving him a stomp in a slugfest over someone who is arguably stronger than the hulk and can hit faster and harder?

Philosophía
Superman stomps, here.

The thread is basically tailor made to Superman's advantages - Thanos has none of his defenses, while Supes uses his speed.

Thanos is basically a punching bag who will never tag him.

golem370
When putting Thanos in this type of fight you have to be specific because he has been show with two types of temperments 1.Looking to prove himself in battle, like when fightin Odin, Tyrant , & the Ovin Mercs and 2.Not wanting to be bothered. Thanos has physcial strength, durability, & stamina to atleast hang with most any mainstream character and maybe more based on on the damage he has taken and by the level of people he fights.

zopzop
Thanos wins.

carver9
Originally posted by Diesldude
I don't understand this. You're always saying that Thanos doesn't want a fight with the hulk when he has all of his powers and tech available. Here he has none of his magical, shields or energy powers and you are giving him a stomp in a slugfest over someone who is arguably stronger than the hulk and can hit faster and harder?

laughing out loud

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Diesldude

Arguably stronger? Lol no

h1a8
Why not have both scenarios my good friend?

Let's call blocking, dodging and weaving scenario A

Let's call number of punches from the off reliant on durability, number of strikes and effect of strikes B In scenario A Superman stomps everytime. He would hit Thanos far more times than the other way around. Plus his defenses would be greater due to speed (blocking and dodging).

Scenario B is interesting. This is Superman's bread in butter. He went toe to toe with DOS DD and has the sufficient strength feats. Superman is stronger than Thanos, when he isn't holding back, and a little weaker when he is holding back. Superman is close to durable (or about equal) as Thanos when it comes to blunt force attacks.

Superman wins scenario B more times than not, he would just stop holding back more then moment he feels Thanos power.

Sin I AM
Where are u getting this Superman stronger than Thanos thing from? Did i miss a arc somewhere

zeel
tailerd threads suck.

here's one.....

Zeus vs hulk and the stipulations are
zeus has no magical abilities he just gets to use his physical strength. And just to be fair we will throw in a added bonus for zeus and add spidermans strength to his own =)

pym-ftw
Ready for this thread to die?

How long can superman stay at super speed without sunlight consistently amping him?

abhilegend
Originally posted by pym-ftw
Ready for this thread to die?

How long can superman stay at super speed without sunlight consistently amping him?
Why would sunlight amp him? Is Thanos somehow going to block sunlight from powering Superman?

Also long enough to knock Thanos out.

thumb up

pym-ftw
Because its a featureless environment, not a featureless environment plus a Sun.

whistle

abhilegend
Because its a featureless environment, not a featureless environment plus a Sun.

whistle
So you think Superman goes powerless in a forum fight? That's new even for KMC.

pym-ftw
I think he is at his base level, I'm not saying a featureless environment drains him but it also doesn't passively recharge him...

abhilegend
I think he is at his base level, I'm not saying a featureless environment drains him but it also doesn't passively recharge him...
Only it does. Since otherwise it would make him start weaker than normal as soon as the fight starts even if he uses just his flight and that's against rules.

If that's the reasoning characters like Silver Surfer would get depowered as soon as they enter the fight since they constantly need to remain in the touch with their power sources like starlight.

h1a8
Originally posted by Sin I AM
Where are u getting this Superman stronger than Thanos thing from? Did i miss a arc somewhere Superman's strength feats (when he isn't holding back) are clearly greater than Thanos strength feats (who almost never holds back).

Superman went from not being able to hurt DD to killing him in a few panels. This is more than a 5x strength difference. DD was wrecking heralds (MM and Guy) with ease.

Superman went from using all his might and all of his powers and not doing much to a probe to one shotting them like tissue paper. This is more than a 5x strength difference.

So Superman at normal holding back levels is one of the strongest heralds in D.C. but when he lets loose then he is on a whole other level.

Thanos greatest strength feats are
7 hitting Surfer with amped power fists
Wrestling with Drax to cause a planet to destroy itself
Any other feats are significantly less.

With that said, there are plenty of feats by Superman that surpass those by a lot.

pym-ftw
Only it does. Since otherwise it would make him start weaker than normal as soon as the fight starts even if he uses just his flight and that's against rules.

If that's the reasoning characters like Silver Surfer would get depowered as soon as they enter the fight since they constantly need to remain in the touch with their power sources like starlight. so according to you if superman flew into the shade he is at risk of rapidly depowering himself?

maxivitopowe
Lol

abhilegend
so according to you if superman flew into the shade he is at risk of rapidly depowering himself?
Yes. Nightshade has drained him that way. Why is that relevant here however?

Sin I AM
Superman's strength feats (when he isn't holding back) are clearly greater than Thanos strength feats (who almost never holds back).

Superman went from not being able to hurt DD to killing him in a few panels. This is more than a 5x strength difference. DD was wrecking heralds (MM and Guy) with ease.

Superman went from using all his might and all of his powers and not doing much to a probe to one shotting them like tissue paper. This is more than a 5x strength difference.

So Superman at normal holding back levels is one of the strongest heralds in D.C. but when he lets loose then he is on a whole other level.

Thanos greatest strength feats are

With that said, there are plenty of feats by Superman that surpass those by a lot.

Where are u pulling these numbers from? Everything u stated was just wrong

h1a8
Where are u pulling these numbers from? Everything u stated was just wrong Then debate my points. Stop being lazy.

1. Superman's strength feats (when he isn't holding back) are clearly greater than Thanos strength feats (who almost never holds back).

2. Superman went from not being able to hurt DD to killing him in a few panels. This is more than a 5x strength difference. DD was wrecking heralds (MM and Guy) with ease.

3. Superman went from using all his might and all of his powers and not doing much to a probe to one shotting them like tissue paper. This is more than a 5x strength difference.

4. So Superman at normal holding back levels is one of the strongest heralds in D.C. but when he lets loose then he is on another level.

5. Thanos greatest strength feats are

I challenge you are anyone to debate against one of my points.

Insane Titan
Would love to see actual proof of these random ass numbers

Geeker
I'm confused, what is the general consensus?

JBL
Then debate my points. Stop being lazy.

1. Superman's strength feats (when he isn't holding back) are clearly greater than Thanos strength feats (who almost never holds back).

2. Superman went from not being able to hurt DD to killing him in a few panels. This is more than a 5x strength difference. DD was wrecking heralds (MM and Guy) with ease.

3. Superman went from using all his might and all of his powers and not doing much to a probe to one shotting them like tissue paper. This is more than a 5x strength difference.

4. So Superman at normal holding back levels is one of the strongest heralds in D.C. but when he lets loose then he is on another level.

I challenge you are anyone to debate against one of my points. I have challenged you before, what happened to your response??

MF DELPH
Hmm...

I think this goes down the same way a slugfest between Superman and Mongul would.

h1a8
Originally posted by JBL
I have challenged you before, what happened to your response??

Response to what? I don't remember. Statement me again and I will respond.

h1a8
Originally posted by Insane Titan
Would love to see actual proof of these random ass numbers

Random number? Are you slow?
How many times more force does one need in order to go from not hurting you with their blows to killing you in a few panels? More than 1 times, more than 2,...?

As far as the other points, there are no numbers at all. Care to refute them instead of troll?

Insane Titan
Random number? Are you slow?
How many times more force does one need in order to go from not hurting you with their blows to killing you in a few panels? More than 1 times, more than 2,...?

As far as the other points, there are no numbers at all. Care to refute them instead of troll? you have no proof as to how comic charaters punching power increase when holding back etc. Show me actual proof to back up your numbers and not your bullshit opinion.

Your other points are pure fail as you simply ingnore everything put before you.

pg Thor hits harder than Superman and Thanos smiled at him, oh and actually back up the "pg Thor is only 1.5x stronger" reply you will post with real proof or you get reported as I've proven you wrong everytime on this point

Delta1938
Originally posted by MF DELPH
Hmm...

I think this goes down the same way a slugfest between Superman and Mongul would.

So are you saying Superman wins?

you have no proof as to how comic charaters punching power increase when holding back etc. Show me actual proof to back up your numbers and not your bullshit opinion.

Your other points are pure fail as you simply ingnore everything put before you.

pg Thor hits harder than Superman and Thanos smiled at him, oh and actually back up the "pg Thor is only 1.5x stronger" reply you will post with real proof or you get reported as I've proven you wrong everytime on this point

Thor's best striking feat in BLOOD & THUNDER was one-shottig Drax. That was without the Power Gem. Masterson-Thor arguably did better against Thanos than the batshit insane Thor in B&T. If Thor was physically amped by the Power Gem, he certainly didn't look it unless you argue narration.

Insane Titan
So are you saying Superman wins?

Thor's best striking feat in BLOOD & THUNDER was one-shottig Drax. That was without the Power Gem. Masterson-Thor arguably did better against Thanos than the batshit insane Thor in B&T. If Thor was physically amped by the Power Gem, he certainly didn't look it unless you argue narration. Thanos let Maesterson Thor beat on him and was putting on show for Death like he was in danger to try and impress her with his courage. Him and Mephisto even talked about the plan.

PG Thor caused actual harm to Thanos with punches alone, hell Thor using his hammer with the same amount of shots and Things help couldn't achieve what PG Thor did and they fought the weak pre Rez Thanos

h1a8
you have no proof as to how comic charaters punching power increase when holding back etc. Show me actual proof to back up your numbers and not your bullshit opinion.

You didn't read DOS did you? All through the comic Superman was holding back and didn't even hurt DD at all. It wasn't till the end of the comic where Superman stopped holding back and hurt DD for the very first time. He went on to kill DD in a few panels. Now you tell me how much power increase is that (to not feeling pain from getting hit to dying).

Did you read OWAW? Remember Superman's first fight with a probe. Clark was using all of his might and all of his powers and still nothing.
Later on, Clark was one shotting them like fodder.
How many times more power is that?

Prove that PG Thor hits harder than non holding back Superman. PG bloodied Thanos face. Thanos smiled because he was enjoying the situation (fighting a crazy Thor and all). Thanos is a little twisted and is not afraid of pain or death. You don't even know your own character.

No, Thor wasn't shown to be more than 2x as strong as his normal non-holding back self based off all the evidence. If you have evidence that shows PG Thor exceeded 2x the strength of his non-holding back self then please share it.

h1a8
Thanos let Maesterson Thor beat on him and was putting on show for Death like he was in danger to try and impress her with his courage. Him and Mephisto even talked about the plan.

PG Thor caused actual harm to Thanos with punches alone, hell Thor using his hammer with the same amount of shots and Things help couldn't achieve what PG Thor did and they fought the weak pre Rez Thanos

Thor rocked the shit out of Thanos pre Rez. What are you talking about. Comics back then didn't have a lot of blood in the face to show damage. Many characters, including Hulk, was knocked the phuck out with any signs of damage or blood.

Putting on a show my arse. Thanos face was that of someone getting highly affected by those blows. It's one thing to allow someone to hit you and another to take it without being affected.

Delta1938
Thanos let Maesterson Thor beat on him and was putting on show for Death like he was in danger to try and impress her with his courage. Him and Mephisto even talked about the plan.

Or, we could go with what actually happened and he was hurt. We saw his reaction showing Masterson-Thor's punches were effecting him before he was giving a serious beatdown.

Insane Titan
I read all the story's you mentioned , stop dodging and post your actual proof to back your half assed figures up for you to be taken seriously

Hahaha Thanos smiling at PG is your excuse now , pathetic troll Thanos smiled at a gas giant exploding in his face the made the area un liveable for a millennia , tell me Sheldon what does that mean?

You have seen the proof countless times based on how PG Thor fared against Thanos compared to Thor with Things aid did against the weakest version of Thanos

Insane Titan
Or, we could go with what actually happened and he was hurt. We saw his reaction showing Masterson-Thor's punches were effecting him before he was giving a serious beatdown. so you just ignore Thanos and Mephistos whole conversation about him acting like he was in danger of losing? And the fact even Iron Man or Spider-Man moved him much?

Thor knocked him over that's it and if you think Thor shouting "Thanos must die" is proof lol you need to go read infinity

Insane Titan
Thor rocked the shit out of Thanos pre Rez. What are you talking about. Comics back then didn't have a lot of blood in the face to show damage. Many characters, including Hulk, was knocked the phuck out with any signs of damage or blood.

Putting on a show my arse. Thanos face was that of someone getting highly affected by those blows. It's one thing to allow someone to hit you and another to take it without being affected. ha rocked the shit you say , they knocked Thanos and he was still able to talk then fire energy.

Lmao what a piss poor excuse "comics didn't show blood then "

So you ignore the story again? If they effected him so bad how did he function to defend himself?

Everything I've said is backed up by the showing from Thanos vs PG Thor and again the fight in Infinty

Sin I AM
Then debate my points. Stop being lazy.

I challenge you are anyone to debate against one of my points.

Your not debating though. Your pulling random numbers out your ass and lowballing Thanos.

Insane Titan
Your not debating though. Your pulling random numbers out your ass and lowballing Thanos. thumb up

Branlor Swift
lol at Thanos never holding back. I had to stop reading after that.

Anyway, Superman fans say Superman wins. The rest of the forum says he loses. Seems like a pattern

Thanos wins

Insane Titan
If you put someone on ignore do you even know they've posted ?

Branlor Swift
Yeah, but you don't have the foggiest of what they're saying unless someone else quotes them.

Though I'm sure you can guess what an h1, or an abhi is doing since it's all low balling and Superman high balling (pretty much the same person). It just means you shouldn't click the post

Sin I AM
Never put someone on ignore

Branlor Swift
There's two people everyone should have on ignore tbh. Should be forum mandate at this point

Delta1938
so you just ignore Thanos and Mephistos whole conversation about him acting like he was in danger of losing? And the fact even Iron Man or Spider-Man moved him much?

Thor knocked him over that's it and if you think Thor shouting "Thanos must die" is proof lol you need to go read infinity

I'm not ignoring anything. You either misremembered or misinterpreted the conversation. There was no "acting like he was in danger of losing." It was trying to impress Death by giving Thanos a slight chance(0.05%) of losing.

http://s1199.photobucket.com/user/Delta1938/library/Captain%20Nazi%20exposure/Mephisto

MEPHISTO: "All FEMALE HEARTS, even one as COLD as Death's, are WARMED by the sight of raw courage. Courage as such exhibited in BATTLE." THANOS: "But such bravery only eixsts when one faces the PROSPECT OF DEFEAT. Meeting that STANDARD would require BALANCING the terms of battle so these FOOLS stood a CHANCE OF VICTORY."

THANOS: "That would allow them a .05% CHANCE for victory!" MEPHISTO: "...not the GREATEST ODDS in the universe...but perhaps good enough to IMPRESS Mistress Death."

THANOS: "My DIMINISHED CAPACITY now turns this conflict into a true test of NERVES and BATTLE SKILLS.""

Nothing in those two pages talks about acting like he's in danger of losing, but bringing about a slight chance he could lose. As for Iron Man and Spider-Man "moving him much," these would only be valid if the conversation of Thanos pretending he was losing actually took place. Brush them off as poor showings for Thanos if you want, but they have nothing to do with "pretending to lose."

And I did read INFINITY GAUNTLET. I wasn't referring to Masterson-Thor beating Thanos down in Thanos being hurt, but this happening before.

http://i1199.photobucket.com/albums/aa466/Delta1938/Captain%20Nazi%20exposure/Thanos/IG/th_INFINITYGAUNTLET4-PG17.jpg

Thanos is certainly reacting like he's hurt to some degree by Masterson-Thor's punch. Same on the following page when he punches Thanos again. And it happened with Drax and Professor Hulk. Since there was no conversation about pretending he was ever in danger, the most likely thing is Thanos was actually effected, not pretending to be hurt.

Branlor Swift
So basically we should use one of Thanos' lowest showings ever when he had unlimited power to try and overwrite his average showings?

The guy was basically abstract level at that point. Naturally Thor moving him and "knocking him out" seems right. Much more so than the real Thor causing way less stress to Thanos three different times. Or Masterson accomplishing nothing against basically a half power Thanos...

He was either playing around with them or everyone there had a massive amp.

Delta1938
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
So basically we should use one of Thanos' lowest showings ever when he had unlimited power to try and overwrite his average showings?

The guy was basically abstract level at that point. Naturally Thor moving him and "knocking him out" seems right. Much more so than the real Thor causing way less stress to Thanos three different times.

He was either playing around with them or everyone there had a massive amp.

Did you follow what IT and I were debating or are you just assuming I'm lowballing and saying "Superman wins?"

Rage.Of.Olympus
The best part is Masterson apparently temporarily one-shotting Thanos with a throw and Warlock telling him to kill Thanos with his last blow during the beat down.

That comic gave Thor some love (He was even called the most powerful out of the heroes assembled) but it's more of an outlier and it really shouldn't have that much bearing in this thread. Thanos snaps Superman in half.

Branlor Swift
Did you follow what IT and I were debating or are you just assuming I'm lowballing and saying "Superman wins?" You're trying to low ball BT Thor, and alternately Thanos by saying that Masterson did more damage.

I'm saying it's a shitty example.

Sin I AM
You're trying to low ball BT Thor, and alternately Thanos by saying that Masterson did more damage.

👍

Delta1938
You're trying to low ball BT Thor, and alternately Thanos by saying that Masterson did more damage.

So pointing-out Thor didn't do anything more impressive striking wise after getting the PG than when he had it and giving a comparative example for my argument is lowballing? The only example you could argue that Thor was stronger was his fight with Thanos, which is a circular argument.

Sin I AM
So pointing-out Thor didn't do anything more impressive striking wise after getting the PG than when he had it and giving a comparative example for my argument is lowballing? The only example you could argue that Thor was stronger was his fight with Thanos, which is a circular argument.

Are u blue wave rider?

Delta1938
Are u blue wave rider?

confused No.

Branlor Swift
So pointing-out Thor didn't do anything more impressive striking wise after getting the PG than when he had it and giving a comparative example for my argument is lowballing? The only example you could argue that Thor was stronger was his fight with Thanos, which is a circular argument. When you use one of Thanos' lowest feats in comics to try and prove your point then you bet your ass it's lowballing.

And I have no idea what he could have done to show a strength increase you're looking for since he was above them all individually anyway. Did you expect him to start killing them? Thanos was the intended person to show he had an amp. That's what happened, that's how it was shown.

But let's delve deeper into this though. Before the gem he was having trouble with Surfer/Warlock, Beta Ray Bill by himself, Surfer by himself, Maxam/Drax. Ares/Pluto. After he got the gem he ran through a team of Drax, Maxam, Surfer, CLASSIC DR STRANGE OMG, and Adam Warlock. If that doesn't show an notable increase in power I don't know what does. And he one shotted everyone there, except Drax who was two shotted. In fact, after he one shotted Surfer without using a charged hammer throw he felt it wasn't even worth the effort to dispatch him as he was so far beneath him.

Prior to the gem he hit Maxam three times to no real effect. He hit Warlock three times and Warlock was still awake. It took 6 shots to KO Surfer and quite a few of them were charged hammer hits (mind you he KO'ed Surfer in two shots when Surfer just woke up, but that can be attributed to him just getting KO'ed). And the Surfer one is interesting as Surfer was able to fight Thor off at numerous points with strength throughout the fight. After he got the gem none of the herald levels accomplished anything to Thor in strength. Thanos did though.

As well as it made it blatantly clear that Thor received a noticeable amp:
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Thor/SS_v3_087_17a.jpg

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Thor/SS_v3_088_03b.jpg

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Thor/Thor469-21.jpg

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Thor/Thor469-22.jpg

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Thor/Thor470_07_08.jpg

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Thor/Thor470_10.jpg

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Thor/Thor470_13.jpg

Keep in mind this isn't all of it, and this is prior to his Thanos fight as well.

Now, after the Thanos fight, and this should be relevant to the Thanos fight as well as I'll explain it in a second.
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Thor/wc01.jpg

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Thor/wc05.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Thor/wc06.jpg

The first scan is just talking about his Power Gem. The second Gem however, shows Thor tapping into the Power Gem EVEN in a catatonic state he was growing stronger by the second, and would soon break loose of the containment field. Since he was capable of growing to Odin level (as that's what it took to break the field) while catatonic with the Gem, it would be utterly retarded to assume he wasn't getting a more steady amp and more access to the Gem while not, you know, catatonic.

Simple put, Thor was amped, and he was amped by a decent amount. Trying to use Thanos' lowfeats to lowball BT Thor doesn't work as if we believe Thanos was completely serious in the IG fight, that that puts Masterson Thor above a PG amped real Thor... even forgetting that Thanos had unlimited power at the time. It also puts Masterson Thor above Masterson Thor when he was trading blows with pretty much a half powered Thanos. Because logic.

So we can assume Thanos was just playing with everyone, or we can just say it's Thanos' lowest feat by far. Either way, it's not relevant to what BT Thor did.
So what are we left with exactly?

But let's bring up some more Thor/Thanos fights to farther discount your use of the IG.

Infinity. Real Thor. Pissed off Thor. No real effect.
Celestial Quest. Thanos clone. Real Thor. Hammer throw caused no damage.
Thor v2. Thor with the Belt of Strength and Odinpower hit a Thanos clone three times all out and said Clone was still awake (albeit in bad shape).
Avengers Assemble. Real Thor hitting a weakened Thanos (the fake Cosmic Cube caused a backlash that weakened Thanos) along with pretty much every other Avenger in history failed to come close to KO'ing Thanos. Under Bendis.
MTU. Real Thor and Thing failed to cause any damage to Thanos prior to his Death Powerup.
Blood and Thunder. We've went over that.
Infinity War. Masterson managed to do nothing to Thanos at a lower level (went over this).

But yeah no, your example was completely plausible. Let's use that as proof that BT Thor wasn't amped very much.

maxivitopowe
MEPHISTO: "All FEMALE HEARTS, even one as COLD as Death's, are WARMED by the sight of raw courage. Courage as such exhibited in BATTLE."
THANOS: "But such bravery only eixsts when one faces the PROSPECT OF DEFEAT. Meeting that STANDARD would require BALANCING the terms of battle so these FOOLS stood a CHANCE OF VICTORY."

THANOS: "That would allow them a .05% CHANCE for victory!"
MEPHISTO: "...not the GREATEST ODDS in the universe...but perhaps good enough to IMPRESS Mistress Death."

THANOS: "My DIMINISHED CAPACITY now turns this conflict into a true test of NERVES and BATTLE SKILLS."

A) formatting

B) lol are they bros or something, how does this convo even come about

abhilegend
Heh, the butthurt Bran feels is legendary.Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
The best part is Masterson apparently temporarily one-shotting Thanos with a throw and Warlock telling him to kill Thanos with his last blow during the beat down.

That comic gave Thor some love (He was even called the most powerful out of the heroes assembled) but it's more of an outlier and it really shouldn't have that much bearing in this thread. Thanos snaps Superman in half.
Superman isn't that pussy Thor. I've argued this topic more than you know and Thanos doesn't has any feats which put him over Superman in strength. Durability wise he is above Superman though.

Sin I AM
Heh, the butthurt Bran feels is legendary.
Superman isn't that pussy Thor. I've argued this topic more than you know and Thanos doesn't has any feats which put him over Superman in strength. Durability wise he is above Superman though.

How? Even you'd have to admit that his casual handling of high heralds place him above an average Clark. He has pimp slapped more top tiers than any other trans character

abhilegend
How? Even you'd have to admit that his casual handling of high heralds place him above an average Clark. He has pimp slapped more top tiers than any other trans character
Like I said, he has no feats which indicate he is above Superman in strength. Superman can match almost any strength feat Thanos has, that can't be stated in reverse though. We can start comparing feats if you want. And Superman has destroyed heralds like you wouldn't believe.

But its OK for everybody to ignore Superman's feats and highball Thanos though.

h1a8
When you use one of Thanos' lowest feats in comics to try and prove your point then you bet your ass it's lowballing.

And I have no idea what he could have done to show a strength increase you're looking for since he was above them all individually anyway. Did you expect him to start killing them? Thanos was the intended person to show he had an amp. That's what happened, that's how it was shown. But Thanos isn't more than 2x stronger than Thor. Thor was amped but not by much. Certainly no more than 2x as much. Now given time, Thor would be beyond anything.

Again Thor was amped and it showed. But it wasn't more than 2x. 2x stronger is very noticeable. If Superman was 2x stronger then we would see a huge difference.

He one shot Drax before the gem. He hit Drax with the gem and DIDN'T one shot him. Rather he one shot Drax with a blast instead. He one shot Surfer with a hammer throw. But guess what. Thor nearly one shotted Surfer before the gem with a hammer throw. We don't know how he koed Pip though. We can assume.

Wow, you are a liar and troll. He effected Maxam on every hit. He hit Maxam twice, not 3 times. Also people sometimes completely recover in comics after being hit. Comic characters are like cartoons at times. Do you know how comics work?

Also, way to ignore the fact that Thor one shot Drax without the gem. You talk about averages for Thanos yet you don't see Thor with the gem getting affected by hits. Please don't get me to posting scans.

Another deception. The scan says "IF".
The scan talks about Potential. He never achieved that potential.
Yes he had an amp. It wasn't more than 2x as much though. Eventually it would have been more.

Yes Thor has the power but he must tap into it. He wasn't tapping into it fast enough.

Protracted battle. That implies Thor would get stronger and stronger. Not that he is already much stronger.

We know that's a lie since Thor was stopped easily by Thanos. And Odin was about to kill him. And Thor was been affected right and left. Classic case of what is shown is superior to what is said.
Thor tapped into the gem at that moment to reverse the blast. Before and after that Thor wasn't tapping into the gem effectively.
I agree here. But no one is arguable against this. We are simply stating that Thor never shown more than 2x increase in strength in his time with the PG. So Thanos at best fought a 2x Thor.

I've seen all those comics before. So why twist shit? Thor always effected Thanos. Were do you get this dumb ass "caused no damage" from type logic?
That's now how comics worked back in the day. Characters were knocked the phuck out without ANY signs of damage. Face blood wasn't a popular thing in the past. I can say that since Thor caused no disable damage to Juggs without his shield... but that's stupid.

Epicurus
If you put someone on ignore do you even know they've posted ?
Yes, but their post is minimized. You can still view it though by clicking on the "to view this post, click here" url which shows on the hidden post. That results in the post opening up in a new window, usually.

For eg.

quanchi112
Thanos stomps.

Sin I AM
Like I said, he has no feats which indicate he is above Superman in strength. Superman can match almost any strength feat Thanos has, that can't be stated in reverse though. We can start comparing feats if you want. And Superman has destroyed heralds like you wouldn't believe.

But its OK for everybody to ignore Superman's feats and highball Thanos though.

Am i missing something? Which feats does superman have show him casually owning his peers? Are u saying on average he's trans tier

abhilegend
Am i missing something? Which feats does superman have show him casually owning his peers? Are u saying on average he's trans tier
How many scenes do you need?

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by Epicurus
Yes, but their post is minimized. You can still view it though by clicking on the "to view this post, click here" url which shows on the hidden post. That results in the post opening up in a new window, usually.

For eg. I bet you think that's pretty impressive don't you? Well, I've been waiting to use this ever since I seen the thread so read em and eat my bumhole.

http://i61.tinypic.com/21kedep.jpg

abhilegend
laughing out loud

Oh bran, you sly devil.

Epicurus
I bet you think that's pretty impressive don't you? Well, I've been waiting to use this ever since I seen the thread so read em and eat my bumhole.

Didn't click on any of the hidden posts. Doesn't count.thumb down

DarkRaiden
Thanos with ease.

KuRuPT Thanosi

h1a8
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
Couldn't be further from the truth... Superman would get crushed like a bug...

Superman is stronger by feats, so how will he get crushed?
In scenario A Superman would spite stomp Thanos with speed.

carver9
I bet you think that's pretty impressive don't you? Well, I've been waiting to use this ever since I seen the thread so read em and eat my bumhole.

I I thought I thought i was was the only one

http://s1143.photobucket.com/user/carver9/media/Screenshot_2014-06-17-12-30-37_zpscca21714.png.html

panthergod
Thanos gets annihilated.

Since Superman is going all out from jump, Thanos finally dies permanently.

Stoic
After seeing Thanos tank a full hit in the head by Thor's full hammer strike with zero effect, to getting screamed at by Black Bolt, and taking a beating from Odin, as well as Power Gem Thor. I have some serious doubts about Superman even being ale to hurt him, and I have a feeling that Superman may actually hurt his hand punching him.

quanchi112
Originally posted by panthergod
Thanos gets annihilated.

Since Superman is going all out from jump, Thanos finally dies permanently. Based on ?

maxivitopowe
Originally posted by panthergod
Thanos gets annihilated.

Since Superman is going all out from jump, Thanos finally dies permanently.
So Supes is on par with Odin and Galactus?

h1a8
Originally posted by Stoic
After seeing Thanos tank a full hit in the head by Thor's full hammer strike with zero effect, to getting screamed at by Black Bolt, and taking a beating from Odin, as well as Power Gem Thor. I have some serious doubts about Superman even being ale to hurt him, and I have a feeling that Superman may actually hurt his hand punching him.

Zero effect? Lies. That shit rocked the hell out of him. Look at his damn face. Why in the hell did he catch the 2nd one instead of get hit on purpose and precede to phuck Thor up? He wanted to get hit by the lightning.

Also, you are ignoring Thanos complete history. Thor has always rocked Thanos. And every high herald who ever physically struck Thanos. Thanos has never no sold a high herald's physical attack.

You are crazy. Superman is stronger than ALMOST everyone Thanos has been physically hit by. Energy projection isn't physical blunt force.

h1a8
Originally posted by maxivitopowe
So Supes is on par with Odin and Galactus?

He doesn't have to be. Superman punches Thanos lights out.
Energy projection and physical blunt force are two different things.
Thanos used shields vs. Galactus and still almost died.

Stoic
Zero effect? Lies. That shit rocked the hell out of him. Look at his damn face. Why in the hell did he catch the 2nd one instead of get hit on purpose and precede to phuck Thor up? He wanted to get hit by the lightning.

Also, you are ignoring Thanos complete history. Thor has always rocked Thanos. And every high herald who ever physically struck Thanos. Thanos has never no sold a high herald's physical attack.

You are crazy. Superman is stronger than ALMOST everyone Thanos has been physically hit by. Energy projection isn't physical blunt force.

Show me where it hurt Thanos? Did he fall to the ground? Did he scream out? Would the same hit that Thor gave Thanos not have launched Superman? You seem to be the one lying here. I would also like to know when Thor put all of this damage on Thanos in the past, and under his own power during a battle. I suppose I'll be waiting forever, because you won't be able to bring forth any evidence. So where was I lying again?

Also how is Superman stronger than Tyrant, Odin, and amped clone of himself. or Magus possessing the Infinity Gauntlet? These are all of the characters that Thanos took hits from, and not all of them were energy attacks like you try to convince yourself of.

h1a8
Show me where it hurt Thanos? Did he fall to the ground? Did he scream out? Would the same hit that Thor gave Thanos not have launched Superman? You seem to be the one lying here. I would also like to know when Thor put all of this damage on Thanos in the past, and under his own power during a battle. I suppose I'll be waiting forever, because you won't be able to bring forth any evidence. So where was I lying again?

Also how is Superman stronger than Tyrant, Odin, and amped clone of himself. or Magus possessing the Infinity Gauntlet? These are all of the characters that Thanos took hits from, and not all of them were energy attacks like you try to convince yourself of. Thanos doesn't scream in pain, ever. He didn't need to fall to the ground. Thanos face suggests he was rocked like hell. Also him catching the hammer supports that.

Thor engaged Thanos in the past. Thanos was always affected by Thor. PM Bran, he will give you the scans or issue numbers. One comic is where Thor and Thing fought Thanos.

Tyrant never physically hit Thanos. So why use him? Going by feats, I would say a high end unleashed Superman is stronger than DP Tyrant. That same Superman is also stronger than Odin as well. Magus didn't use his full power on Thanos. He wanted Thanos to admit something.

Superman is weak to magic. Taking that weakness away, yes I see a high end Superman tanking Thor's hammer blow.

We go by feats. Superman's top feats of strength are sufficient in achieving anything that Thanos has done strength wise.

Stoic
Thanos doesn't scream in pain, ever. He didn't need to fall to the ground. Thanos face suggests he was rocked like hell. Also him catching the hammer supports that.

Thor engaged Thanos in the past. Thanos was always affected by Thor. PM Bran, he will give you the scans or issue numbers. One comic is where Thor and Thing fought Thanos.

Tyrant never physically hit Thanos. So why use him? Going by feats, I would say a high end unleashed Superman is stronger than DP Tyrant. That same Superman is also stronger than Odin as well. Magus didn't use his full power on Thanos. He wanted Thanos to admit something.

Superman is weak to magic. Taking that weakness away, yes I see a high end Superman tanking Thor's hammer blow.

We go by feats. Superman's top feats of strength are sufficient in achieving anything that Thanos has done strength wise.

Or he isn't a meat head, and he had better things to do other than eat hammer all day long. And yes reeling from a blow, screaming out in pain, and or being tossed about is a clear sign that a character was in your word being "phucked up". So yeah you're wrong, and you did not provide proof. The idea that Thanos took the hits that he did against an opponent (Thor) who knows full well how powerful he is, shows that Thor was not holding back (why would he). Superman would have been rocked by the hit. Thanos as you saw was not, unless you are talking about a different comic than I am.

I'm not talking about Thanos of the past, I'm talking current.

Tyrant did hit Thanos, what do you think was happening when they broke through the ground, and Thanos was flung out of it a little later? Do you think he was giving him a BJ down there?

Superman has been rocked by people that weren't magical in nature. Speaking of which Thanos is a metaphysical being, unless you forgot that he was Death's Avatar.

Thanos does not get into power lifting contests, but this did not stop him from slapping Thor aside with minimal effort.

There is no comic book reality in which a regular, un-amplified Superman would defeat Thanos under a yellow sun. Get used to it. Thanos is meant by plot to be the breaker of guys on Superman's level. In a real all out fight with both using all of their powers, Superman would not even hit Thanos if he did not want to be hit, and this is without tech.

Thanos has very powerful Psychic/psionic powers that would nullify any speed advantage that Superman possesses. Max Lord was capable of taking over his brain, and you really can't compare a guy capable of playing mind games with Galactus to a guy capable of playing them on Superman.

h1a8
Or he isn't a meat head, and he had better things to do other than eat hammer all day long. And yes reeling from a blow, screaming out in pain, and or being tossed about is a clear sign that a character was in your word being "phucked up". So yeah you're wrong, and you did not provide proof. The idea that Thanos took the hits that he did against an opponent (Thor) who knows full well how powerful he is, shows that Thor was not holding back (why would he). Superman would have been rocked by the hit. Thanos as you saw was not, unless you are talking about a different comic than I am.

I'm not talking about Thanos of the past, I'm talking current.

Tyrant did hit Thanos, what do you think was happening when they broke through the ground, and Thanos was flung out of it a little later? Do you think he was giving him a BJ down there?

Superman has been rocked by people that weren't magical in nature. Speaking of which Thanos is a metaphysical being, unless you forgot that he was Death's Avatar.

Thanos does not get into power lifting contests, but this did not stop him from slapping Thor aside with minimal effort.

There is no comic book reality in which a regular, un-amplified Superman would defeat Thanos under a yellow sun. Get used to it. Thanos is meant by plot to be the breaker of guys on Superman's level. In a real all out fight with both using all of their powers, Superman would not even hit Thanos if he did not want to be hit, and this is without tech.

Thanos has very powerful Psychic/psionic powers that would nullify any speed advantage that Superman possesses. Max Lord was capable of taking over his brain, and you really can't compare a guy capable of playing mind games with Galactus to a guy capable of playing them on Superman.

I already gave proof that Thanos was hurt or got affected by Thor's hammer strike.

1. His face tells the tale
2. He could have tanked another blow and preceded to attack Thor.

Also, Thanos history doesn't get erased.

Ok Thanos was in the ground. So what? What does that prove? It certainly doesn't prove that Superman won't push his shit in.

I'm talking about a high end Superman. Read my post correctly next time. A high end Superman would not have been rocked by the power of the hit (outside of magic weakness). His feats support it.

Superman can slap Thor aside. Most high class 100s can. You still not proving that Thanos is stronger. And you are assuming Superman is on the physical level of many of those Thanos was shown superior to. Superman is far beyond anyone Thanos has faced and beat on a physical level.

The problem you have is you are thinking this is a comic fight, where Thanos plot powers will come into play (characters start to fight stupidly and lose their powers). No, this is a forum fight, we imagine the fights more realistically and away from plot driven scenarios. They fight at their best AS SHOWN BEFORE IN COMICS. We imagine what will happen if these two actually existed in a neutral universe and fought each other.

Superman, when not holding back has multiple planetary strength. He can really do some major damage to Thanos if he was sick and twisted and didn't give a shit. Superman has mental blocks and holds back. That prevents him from killing even his peers easily. In the heat of a losing battle or one where he gauges the enemy to be sufficiently powerful, Superman will stop holding back and you will see a difference. Superman has affected beings well beyond Thanos strength class.
The only ways to nullify speed is to be completely resistant to attack, control time itself, or be very fast. If Superman moves 5ft before Thanos can move 1in then wth is Thanos going to do? How does he nullify speed there?

KuRuPT Thanosi
Are you really this stupid? It's not proof he couldn't take a hammer strike because he decided to catch the next shot... That is about the dumbest thing you've ever said... and believe me.. you've said some dumb things. That isn't proof AT ALL that he couldn't take the strikes.. in fact it was the opposite... the writer had him catch the next one to show how much above Thor.. Thanos is.. that it's THAT easy to just palm his full force strike like it was nothing and mock him. That isn't proof he couldn't take another. That's idiotic to even suggest that is proof.

Insane Titan
H1 thinks the full comic should of been Thanos just tanking hammer shots

Delta1938

But let's bring up some more Thor/Thanos fights to farther discount your use of the IG.

Infinity. Real Thor. Pissed off Thor. No real effect.
Celestial Quest. Thanos clone. Real Thor. Hammer throw caused no damage.
Thor v2. Thor with the Belt of Strength and Odinpower hit a Thanos clone three times all out and said Clone was still awake (albeit in bad shape).
Avengers Assemble. Real Thor hitting a weakened Thanos (the fake Cosmic Cube caused a backlash that weakened Thanos) along with pretty much every other Avenger in history failed to come close to KO'ing Thanos. Under Bendis.
MTU. Real Thor and Thing failed to cause any damage to Thanos prior to his Death Powerup.
Blood and Thunder. We've went over that.
Infinity War. Masterson managed to do nothing to Thanos at a lower level (went over this).

But yeah no, your example was completely plausible. Let's use that as proof that BT Thor wasn't amped very much.

Can you give me the issue references? Then I'll check them as well as reply to the rest of your post.

Zack Fair
Are you really this stupid? It's not proof he couldn't take a hammer strike because he decided to catch the next shot... That is about the dumbest thing you've ever said... and believe me.. you've said some dumb things. That isn't proof AT ALL that he couldn't take the strikes.. in fact it was the opposite... the writer had him catch the next one to show how much above Thor.. Thanos is.. that it's THAT easy to just palm his full force strike like it was nothing and mock him. That isn't proof he couldn't take another. That's idiotic to even suggest that is proof. Agreed. I just hope this isn't only applied to Thanos though. thumb up

Prof. T.C McAbe
Superman wins.

JBL
Thanos stomps with a grin on his face.

h1a8
Are you really this stupid? It's not proof he couldn't take a hammer strike because he decided to catch the next shot... That is about the dumbest thing you've ever said... and believe me.. you've said some dumb things. That isn't proof AT ALL that he couldn't take the strikes.. in fact it was the opposite... the writer had him catch the next one to show how much above Thor.. Thanos is.. that it's THAT easy to just palm his full force strike like it was nothing and mock him. That isn't proof he couldn't take another. That's idiotic to even suggest that is proof. Depending on your definition of take would make your argument irrelevant. Thanos was affected by the hammer strike. Thanos "take" it. How is it relevant to the discussion?
That's your interpretation. Mine is Thanos didn't like that hammer shot as we see the look on his face while getting hit, and how mad he was afterward. He was happy as hell when getting hit with the lightning though. Why is Thanos so moody lol?

h1a8
Can you give me the issue references? Then I'll check them as well as reply to the rest of your post. Bran is being deceitful with trick words. Thanos has been affected by Thor's hammer hits EVERY TIME in this entire career.
Thanos has been affected by EVERY herald level being's blunt force attack that ever struck Thanos. In other words,
Thanos HAS NEVER no sold or shown not to be affected by a high herald level beings' blunt force attack.

What Bran is listing is proof that a high herald can't one shot Thanos with a blunt force attack. This is totally irrelevant.

Philosophía
Bran is probably the most undercover Thanos fanboy on this forum.

quanchi112

Stoic
Bran is being deceitful with trick words. Thanos has been affected by Thor's hammer hits EVERY TIME in this entire career.
Thanos has been affected by EVERY herald level being's blunt force attack that ever struck Thanos. In other words,
Thanos HAS NEVER no sold or shown not to be affected by a high herald level beings' blunt force attack.

What Bran is listing is proof that a high herald can't one shot Thanos with a blunt force attack. This is totally irrelevant.

It's kind of funny how you point the finger, while attempting to avoid the reality of the situation. What happens when a high Herald gets hit by a high Trans character? Does he get rocked? Superman has been hurt by Herald level characters, so try looking at the other side of the coin for once. As a matter of fact Superman was rocked by a backhand from Helspont. Darkseid would have mauled him if they fought one on one. Why not do away with your personal opinion, and go with what is seen in comics? After all isn't this where you draw conclusions from? The most that you have proven thus far is your inability to understand the things that you read... unless of course you don't read the comics that Superman is in.

h1a8
It's kind of funny how you point the finger, while attempting to avoid the reality of the situation. What happens when a high Herald gets hit by a high Trans character? Does he get rocked? Superman has been hurt by Herald level characters, so try looking at the other side of the coin for once. As a matter of fact Superman was rocked by a backhand from Helspont. Darkseid would have mauled him if they fought one on one. Why not do away with your personal opinion, and go with what is seen in comics? After all isn't this where you draw conclusions from? The most that you have proven thus far is your inability to understand the things that you read... unless of course you don't read the comics that Superman is in. Oh I agree that Thanos can rock Superman with punches. No doubt about it.
But given Superman's speed and reflexes, Superman would be hitting Thanos a hell of a lot more than Thanos is hitting him.

Also, all heralds are not the same in the physical dept. Heralds can range from thousands of tons of strength to billions of tons of strength. Superman has actually skyfather strength (when he isn't holding back). To be honest, there is no such thing as Trans, Skyfather, or even herald level strength since a Herald can be stronger than a Trans or Skyfather. Strength doesn't make a being a Herald, Trans, or Skyfather.

I'm 50 steps ahead of you Stoic. These posts of mine have been thought about by me ages ago. You think I don't know what you know and more. You think wrong.

dial J for Josh
Superman stomps no contest. I am very grateful that my KMC House of El illuminati brethren has informed me that Superman can never lose and is a god.

Prof. T.C McAbe
Originally posted by dial J for Josh
Superman stomps no contest. I am very grateful that my KMC House of El illuminati brethren has informed me that Superman can never lose and is a god.

thumb up

You also sport his Avatar as I see. Hyperion is one of DCs Elseworld Supermans in Marvel, like Sentry, Gladiator and Sun God.

Good Boy thumb up

biscuits

dial J for Josh
Originally posted by Prof. T.C McAbe
thumb up

You also sport his Avatar as I see. Hyperion is one of DCs Elseworld Supermans in Marvel, like Sentry, Gladiator and Sun God.

Good Boy thumb up

biscuits

laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.