film enthusiast & fledgling creator

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

fostersAccount
Hi guys

My favorite contemporary filmmakers are Christopher McQuarrie, Lana Wachowski and Oliver Stone.

I had the honor once of being in a documentary, even if it was about Beer Pong stick out tongue it's one of the coolest things I've been a part of. And seeing that director go on to win an academy award for his next documentary (undefeated) inspired me to start trying to create films of my own, like it's not just a pipe dream

Sean

Firefly218
Good luck bro

fostersAccount
thanks! friends seem to like my first short, and I've got a two year plan for a more serious endeavor to submit to festivals.

going to do a christian bale thing where I dramatically alter my body weight

Firefly218
Have you written a script? If so, what was your process? I'm actually interested in film myself, thinking of writing a spec script next summer.

fostersAccount
For the sake of clarity in answering this I have to back track slightly. First short I've released was 3 minutes, episode 1 of a crime thriller mini series. The more serious endeavor is a super hero action comedy. Abbreviated SHAC.

Originally posted by Firefly218
Have you written a script?
I have a script for the SHAC but it's no longer finished since I kept receiving the complaint my crime thriller was too short.. it's convinced me to make the SHAC longer which currently sits around 4 minutes and I want to make it 10. I keep hearing 10 is a great length for a film festival - if you get into a legitimate festival you can network with the right people and get the funding to turn that concept into a feature.

Originally posted by Firefly218
If so, what was your process? I'm actually interested in film myself, thinking of writing a spec script next summer.
Writing a spec script is going to be a different process than one you're trying to create yourself. But I'd say in either case, it's important to start with one gripping scene or big idea and build from there. For something that you want to market to people it has to be able to boil down to a 5-15 second pitch. If the story can't boil down like that, I think you're going to have a really hard time getting things off the ground.

Dude111
Aloha smile

fostersAccount
Originally posted by Dude111
Aloha smile

Mahalo

wikisem
can you share your script?

fostersAccount
Originally posted by wikisem
can you share your script?

If you do a youtube search for criminal bounds you can find episode 1.

I attempted to upload a pdf of the script and I got this message:
"You have attempted to upload an invalid type of attachment. The valid extensions for attachments are: gif jpg jpeg png zip"

fostersAccount
Criminal Bounds now has a second episode scripted.
Send me a message and I will email you the pdf. We are not filming until next month, I still have to do auditions and name the femme fatale.

It's my first draft, 8 pages. That makes it 4x longer than the script for episode 1. The biggest complaint I got was that episode 1 was too short with a runtime of 3 minutes

fostersAccount
If anyone wants to see the first episode of my crime thriller:

vo5Yl9kyn8k

The only complaints I've gotten are that it's too short, and that some people didn't understand the plot. I think maybe 3 minutes is just too short to include a twist. People don't have enough time to get oriented.

I am willing to share the script for the upcoming episode 2 (or ep. 1), but can't upload a PDF attachment to this site. I'd have to find somewhere else to host it or send me a PM and I can email it to you. Doing auditions next sunday the 13th. It's going to be fun casting a femme fatale.. already a couple of sexy ladies vying for the spot

fostersAccount
Well I've tried to be a member of this community but it doesn't seem to be working out. People post spoilers in movie threads. I'm not allowed to talk about my own film apparently. My own thread got deleted and I didn't even get a PM about it.

Not exactly like it was a fly by night spam either, I was offering to let people read an upcoming script and make suggestions before we film. Make an effort to be a part of your community and this is how I'm treated, it's sad

GamObs
Hello and welcome wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.