Which Director do you think would fit a certain comic book movie?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JayDaDon
Pretty self explanatory. Is there a director you think would do awesome with a certain comic book movie? I think Nicolas Winding Refn(Bronson, Drive) would be an amazing director to do a Punisher movie.

Golgo13
Yeah, Darren Aronofsky and Batman. He had an idea, which I wished would come true. Maybe it still can, since he backed off Wolverine.

JayDaDon
That's one I was excited for too. That OR wolverine would have been crazy

pym-ftw
As much heat as ill get for saying it, I'd like to see Affleck direct a Suicide Squad movie.

I'd also love a Dr. Pym as the scientist supreme movie directed by Wes Anderson.

Firefly218
Quentin Tarantino directing/writing the Punisher

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by Firefly218

agreed

Kazenji
Guillermo Del Toro for any character to do with the supernatural.

Firefly218
Originally posted by Kazenji
Guillermo Del Toro for any character to do with the supernatural.

thumb up that would be awesome

JayDaDon

I...actually dont know if he would be a great fit. Ive seen nearly all his movies and its REALLY hard to pinpoint a comic character his style would fit. Actually I could see a Tarantino directed secret six.

Golgo13
If the DC list is true, very sad that Guillermo Del Toro is not doing Justice League Dark. sad Maybe down the line, but I doubt it.

Dr. Matthew
Michael Bay

http://i1.ytimg.com/vi/6RpkNlp_Rh4/hqdefault.jpg

JayDaDon
Imagine the glory of a Scorsese directed Punisher. One of the great impossible happenings that would be just spectacular. I'd like to see his take on the mob side of the punisher's life and his connections to the mob, along with the reason that lead up to the hit on him and his family.

Golgo13
Tarantino and Luke Cage.

roughrider
Originally posted by JayDaDon
Imagine the glory of a Scorsese directed Punisher. One of the great impossible happenings that would be just spectacular. I'd like to see his take on the mob side of the punisher's life and his connections to the mob, along with the reason that lead up to the hit on him and his family.

I've thought about Scorsese in his prime taking on the Punisher; it would be cool. I think an even better choice would be Michael Mann. His best crime films - Thief, Heat, Collateral - he knows how to make films about ruthlessly driven professionals on both sides on the law enforcement/crime line.

JayDaDon
He would be a great choice too. Also, Imagine a Tarantino directed Heroes for Hire

Kazenji
Originally posted by Golgo13
Tarantino and Luke Cage.

I remember him bringing that up at one point

before Pulp Fiction he was interested in doing a movie

http://screenrant.com/quentin-tarantino-luke-cage-film/

i would like to see him tackle a comic book movie, More then a cameo directing part which he did for Sin City.

JayDaDon
Tarantino would be tricky as he is very much into his own ideas. His movies pretty much all take place in "Tarantinoland"

Firefly218
Stanley Kubrick Wonder Woman

Insane Titan
Del Torro doing the Sandman

BruceSkywalker
Clint Eastwood

Kazenji
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
Clint Eastwood

Doing what?......maybe a western, Get him to do a Jonah Hex reboot.

Golgo13
Bird and Fantastic Four?

JayDaDon
Oh that would be a MILLION times better than what we're getting.

Golgo13
I don't see anything wrong with the direction Fox is going. I think it will be good.

Kazenji
I don't see anything wrong with the direction Fox is going. I think it will be good.

no expression

Golgo13
no expression

Turn that frown upside down. smile

Kazenji
No

i can see the fail that FOX wishes to produce.

Golgo13
No

i can see the fail that FOX wishes to produce.

I'm going to make a bold prediction. I think the movie is going to be near grade A material. Maybe not as good as X-Men First Class, but close to it. IF it's NOT good and garbage like most of you say, then I'll LEAVE this board forever. Just a friendly bet. Mark it downsmile

jinXed by JaNx
I'm going to make a bold prediction. I think the movie is going to be near grade A material. Maybe not as good as X-Men First Class, but close to it. IF it's NOT good and garbage like most of you say, then I'll LEAVE this board forever. Just a friendly bet. Mark it downsmile

The other Fantastic four movies had grade A material as well. A big budget doesn't mean jack without the right casting and script. I could be wrong but i'm predicting something similar along the lines of the animated, Next avengers.

JayDaDon

The cast. The cast is what's wrong with the direction. All good actors and actresses yet all MAJOR miscasts, (except maybe MBJ, he could tap into the heart of the character, but still, I'm not a fan of the casting choice)

Stoic
Ridley Scott - Conan the Barbarian, Black Panther, Dr. Strange, The Asgardians, The New Gods, Black Adam & Captain Marvel, Doom.

Quinton Tarantino & Frank Miller - Batman, Daredevil, Punisher, Constantine, Lobo

James Cameron - The Green Lantern Corps, Silver Surfer, Thanos (with Jim Starlin's help/input).

WhiteWitchKing
Robert Rodriguez - The Punisher
Guillermo Del Toro - Runaways
JJ Abrams - Marvel Annihilation

krisblaze
Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing

Del Toro'd be great on Runaways, so would Vaughn imo.

jinXed by JaNx

I don't know. I don't think, Tarantino is right for Comic book Movies. Every comic book character has a sense of Altruism. Tarantino is a very specific kind of director. He is a supremely exceptional director but apart of that comes from directing his own vision. I don't think Tarantino is a director that can direct outside of his vision. Most directors can collaborate with a writer or producer and capture their vision whilst putting their own twist on things. I don't think, Tarantino is that type of director and that's why we like him so much because he's aware of that and never attempts it. So, unless, Tarantino was already a, Punisher, fan i don't think it would work, you would get something completely different. I think he's fully aware of this, which is why turned down directing, Star Wars. He makes movies for only his perspective.

The first Director that comes to my mind is obviously, Del Toro. Del toros' Hellboy movies are probably the most faithful comic book adaptations we will ever receive and that's because he was not only a fan of the source material but he understood how the fan base perceived the character and also worked very closely with the original creator in hopes of combining the original creators vision along with the fans.

I know Kevin SMith doubts himself as a director, but i think if he were given free reign over a character he could produce something special. I also think, Ridley Scott could do fine job. It really comes down to what director can control his own production. Most directors are handcuffed in their final vision because the producers and studios have final say. So what ever director can throw their weight around and demand final say would be the best choices, that;'s why i think directors, like, Del Toro, Scott, Speilberg, Tony Scott, Arronofsky and Tarantino would be the best choices. However, I think Studios have become wise of this, which is why they hire such directors like Whedon and Abrhams, so they don't have to observe the production. They leave it all in their hands. So, i suppose the best director for this style of directing would be Del Toro but i thought he was already trying to get involved with directing Justice League Dark.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by Stoic
Ridley Scott - Conan the Barbarian, Black Panther, Dr. Strange, The Asgardians, The New Gods, Black Adam & Captain Marvel, Doom.

Quinton Tarantino & Frank Miller - Batman, Daredevil, Punisher, Constantine, Lobo

James Cameron - The Green Lantern Corps, Silver Surfer, Thanos (with Jim Starlin's help/input).

Miller shouldnt be allowed to touch another movie as long as he lives, unless it's for creative suggestion for material that he's written.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing

Rodriguez is not a good director, He's great editor, but a poor director.

JayDaDon
What would you think of Nicolas Winding Refn directing Punisher? I just saw Drive again the other day and gotta say, he could make one hell of a Punisher movie.

Kazenji
It needs to be R rated...I hope Kevin Feige has a movie planned along those lines.

krisblaze
Originally posted by JayDaDon
What would you think of Nicolas Winding Refn directing Punisher? I just saw Drive again the other day and gotta say, he could make one hell of a Punisher movie.
You should see the Pusher movies.

He's got great insight into the "criminal environment".

Could make a really good Punisher movie if he put his mind to it, imo. Excellent choice.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.