Jacen Solo vs. Darth Malgus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carthage
Jacen (No Caedus feats) vs. Darth Malgus

Force, sabers, all out

PTforthewin
Still Jacen, Malgus is still a joke compared to any Skywalker/Solo except maybe Anakin

NewGuy01
Jacen, yeah.

WildBantha88
Originally posted by PTforthewin
Still Jacen, Malgus is still a joke compared to any Skywalker/Solo except maybe Anakin There are quite a few Solos/Skywalkers that Malgus could take

carthage
feats for Jedi Jacen?

Kalen Sykes
Originally posted by WildBantha88
There are quite a few Solos/Skywalkers that Malgus could take

I could see Malgus beating Jaina, Mara, and Leia. I don't count Anakin Solo, because he died before he could reach his prime, but even at that time, Anakin was thought to be Luke's successor as Grandmaster of the Jedi Order. It should've been Jacen that died on Myrkr I liked Anakin's character and couldn't stand Jacen's "should we really be fighting the emotionless, murdering invaders that want to take over the galaxy and kill or enslave all life?" Jedi attitude...

NewGuy01
Originally posted by carthage
feats for Jedi Jacen?

Too many to note.

carthage
Higher end ones then. I'm aware he's a higher tier duelist/force user, I just don't know his specifics outside of Darth Caedus

Kalen Sykes
Higher end ones then. I'm aware he's a higher tier duelist/force user, I just don't know his specifics outside of Darth Caedus

Well, even before Jacen's dark turn, Kyp Durron mentioned to Luke that Jacen be recognized as a Jedi Master.

NewGuy01
He has everything Darth Caedus has except Force Choke and Force Lightning.

carthage
He destroys Malgus then

Kalen Sykes
Originally posted by NewGuy01
He has everything Darth Caedus has except Force Choke and Force Lightning.

And Battle Meditation, lol.

NewGuy01
He already has Battle Meld, which is better if anything. erm

Kalen Sykes
He already has Battle Meld, which is better if anything. erm

I was more pointing to the shoddy writing that had him automatically "know" BM, after he proclaimed himself Darth Caedus. Besides, doesn't Battle Meld only work with Force Users?

Emperordmb
Originally posted by Kalen Sykes
I could see Malgus beating Jaina, Mara, and Leia. I don't count Anakin Solo, because he died before he could reach his prime, but even at that time, Anakin was thought to be Luke's successor as Grandmaster of the Jedi Order. It should've been Jacen that died on Myrkr I liked Anakin's character and couldn't stand Jacen's "should we really be fighting the emotionless, murdering invaders that want to take over the galaxy and kill or enslave all life?" Jedi attitude...
I could see him beating Cade, Kol, Ben, Roan, Fel II, Marasiah, and Nat along with the ones you mentioned.

Nephthys
Malgus. Jacen has some good feats at this point but not enough to beat him.

Nalaniel
I'm going with Jacen.

PTforthewin
Originally posted by WildBantha88
There are quite a few Solos/Skywalkers that Malgus could take Ben and Anakin that's it.

WildBantha88
Originally posted by PTforthewin
Ben and Anakin that's it. Malgus>Cade and weaker

carthage
He could definitely whip Cade and Kyp

NewGuy01
He's not whipping either of those two.

PTforthewin
Kyp Durron> Malgus
Cade Skywalker > Malgus

Nephthys
No.

Malgus > Cade, Jaina, Leia, Anakin, Anakin, Ben and probably Jacen plus every other Skywalker barring Luke .

carthage
Perhaps 'whip' was too strong of a word, I meant defeat with a 6/10 majority lol.

Durron lacks dueling feats, and though we established he may be as skilled as Katarn in terms of sabers. His raw force ability wont guarantee victory against a warrior of similar ability who was able to master himself.

I think at least. He is more than capable of winning a few rounds though

NewGuy01
It's true that his dueling feats are few and far between, but the fact that he's above Blademaster Gaalan and on par with Kyle Katarn already puts him on Malgus's level as a duelist.

He isn't exactly lacking in power, either. He threw a ship larger than the Millennium Falcon as if it were a missile, he ripped the Sun Crusher out of Yavin's atmosphere, he casually ragdolled a Jedi Council Member, and Luke considered him his greatest apprentice. He also has quite a few miscellaneous feats, like wiping Aleema Rar's memories, easily manipulating Dorvin Basals (Which even Luke Skywalker was hard pressed to do), and inventing the Force-based Shadow Bombs. Even early in his training, he defeated a massive and ancient Sith Leviathan by altering the atmosphere and calling down lightning from the sky, scanned the entire planet of Yavin in his mind's eye in search for the Sun Crusher, and with Exar Kun's aid he was able to defeat post-DE Luke without even drawing his lightsaber.

Kyp really was a character wasted. He was implied to be he who would become the greatest of the Jedi at every turn, but he ended up never really doing much after his initial story arc. His feats with both a saber and the Force are kinda jumbled and miscellaneous because of this.

Nephthys
thumb up

carthage
Katarn isn't really above Malgus as a duelist, in a pure sabers match Malgus has already beaten someone who is close to Katarn's capabilities and physicality. Had Durron more feats in that area I'd be inclined to agree though.

NewGuy01
Defeating Zallow in a lightsaber duel doesn't strike me as something Katarn would be unable to do.

carthage
And defeating 7 dark Jedi and handling Caedus (with the same odds, perhaps losing in more of a fight)isn't something Malgus isn't capable of at his peak.

PTforthewin
Darth Caedous wins, Jacen loses.

NewGuy01
And defeating 7 dark Jedi and handling Caedus (with the same odds, perhaps losing in more of a fight)isn't something Malgus isn't capable of at his peak.

Kyle Katarn is an equal to Mara Jade Skywalker, who has actually beaten Lumiya and Jorrus C'boath when Luke couldn't. This is only backed up by Kyle's defeat of Desaan, who got the better of post-DE Luke, and being considered greater than Gaalan--Who could also hold his ground against FotJ Luke. His position as the NJO's Battlemaster helps too.

Being a better duelist than him would make you at least on Malgus's level, yes.

NewGuy01
Regardless--Jacen wins with more than a little leeway. This is a guy who outclasses Kyle Katarn as a duelist, outpaces blaster bolts with his speed, casually moves 120 foot long cruisers and grips B-Wings mid-flight, deflects Turbolaser canonfire barehanded, and can manipulate space. Except for Luke, he's the most powerful of the Skywalker bloodline.

PTforthewin
No Anakin S was

Kalen Sykes
Anakin would've been, had he reached his potential. Because of what happened, though, Luke is the closest thing we have to what Anakin could've been. I agree that Jacen is the most powerful, after Luke, but I think Ben will surpass him. I disagree that Kyle is equal to Mara. I think Kyle is firmly above her in sabers and slightly above in the Force. Remember, Jacen didn't show the same level of respect for Mara's abilities, like he did with Kyle.

FreshestSlice
Depends on what you mean by powerful. I think strength has a lot more to do with potential than power does.

NewGuy01
Originally posted by Kalen Sykes
Anakin would've been, had he reached his potential. Because of what happened, though, Luke is the closest thing we have to what Anakin could've been. I agree that Jacen is the most powerful, after Luke, but I think Ben will surpass him. I disagree that Kyle is equal to Mara. I think Kyle is firmly above her in sabers and slightly above in the Force. Remember, Jacen didn't show the same level of respect for Mara's abilities, like he did with Kyle.

He didn't have some great respect for his abilities, he simply noted that of the strike team that confronted him, he was the only real threat. Mara almost killed him for christ's sake, she is definitely threatening.

Kalen Sykes
He didn't have some great respect for his abilities, he simply noted that of the strike team that confronted him, he was the only real threat. Mara almost killed him for christ's sake, she is definitely threatening.

Fine, but did he view Mara that way? She almost killed him, true, but that's because she fought him like an assassin, rather than a Jedi. While impressive, I don't see how that puts her above Kyle. Besides, the strike team wasn't there to kill Jacen, but to place a tracker on him. Plus, Jacen defeated Kyle, but he didn't actually out duel him. Kyle was hard pressed, but still holding his own, even protecting the other strike team Jedi. It wasn't until Jacen hit him in the back with a speeder, sending him into Jacen's saber, that Kyle was taken out of the fight.

S_W_LeGenD
Darth Malgus, soundly.

NewGuy01
lol

Emperordmb
lol

Nephthys
I do not laugh. It isn't implausible.

Emperordmb
Malgus winning is plausable. Malgus winning without difficulty is laughable.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.