Freddy Krueger Vs Joker

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

riv6672
http://i522.photobucket.com/albums/w344/riv6672/smilies/misc/frdjkr.jpg

Freddy in his comics appearances is portrayed same as the movies, which is to say, pretty powerful. But can he really go up against the Joker??? PREDCNU Joker. Stats for both below, pics above because they looked cool...

FREDDY
While his "avatar" was dreaming, Freddy could control their dreams to his whim, manipulating them to his liking. Any physical harm done on a person in their dream would become a reality and carry on into their real lives. For example, if he cut a person's stomach, when that person woke up he/she would have cuts on their stomach. With this ability, it's easy for him to commit numerous murders, hence why he has harmed and killed multiple people. Freddy constantly plays with his victims appearance and his surroundings, most often resembling their real world home. His powers increased at the rate of kids believing he existed. At his prime, he could cause critical damage in the real world. Among this variety of options included possession of humans. If Freddy is in close contact with someone he's affecting, (i.e, choking someone in their sleep etc.), Freddy comes into the real world along with his victim where he has superhuman strength and durability.
In his victim's dreams, Freddy could use their fears and personalities against them. A few of his victims somehow managed to use their imagination to manipulate their dreams to battle him. Another of Freddy's powers included absorbing the souls of his victim which increased his already high power. A mark of this is their faces on his chest.

JOKER
Due to his mental state, the Joker is immune to fear as he does not understand the concept and sees everything as a joke. He also has an immunity to poison due to prolonged exposure to chemicals. The Scarecrow's fear gas has no effect on him, and Visionary failed to hypnotize him. He and Poison Ivy have shown immunity to each others' chemicals. He possesses a very high tolerance for pain. Bullets seem to do little more than slow him down or put him out of commission temporarily. On several occasions, he has been known to survive explosions and crashes. His bones heal quickly, and it has been hinted that he does not physically age.
The Joker is a genius inventor and chemist. He has managed to create an MO which fits his macabre appearance. The Joker is immune to his own venom as well as various similar toxins. The Joker is an excellent marksman. The Joker has occasionally demonstrated above average hand to hand combat skills.
The Joker does not possess any outright super-human powers; however, It is suggested that he is "super-sane;" this means that he sees how the universe really is, without any personal illusions, and that his entire personality can alter to fit the circumstances, making him excellent at impersonating and lying as he truly believes what he says. He has the great strength that madmen are often said to have, and is quite agile.
It is debatable if it classifies as a super power or not, but the Joker's insanity, or his frame of mind, leaves him immune to the Spectre's judgement. Both Jim Corrigan and Hal Jordan Spectres have had major problems with navigating the Joker's mind.

DarkSaint85
He isn't immune to fear, though. He still fears Batman, as shown in Emperor Joker.

riv6672
Truth.
I'd say Joker's about the most fearless person Freddy could take on though, and definitely someone who wouldnt be intimidated.

HueyFreeman
I am curious how freddy would perceive joker. Krueger usually has innate knowledge of his victims but it doesn't seem to be telepathy. He usually knows every corner of their thoughts, fears and histories. He could possibly know jokers real origin.

TheHulk
Originally posted by DarkSaint85
He isn't immune to fear, though. He still fears Batman, as shown in Emperor Joker. I always hated that tbh.

Xplosive
Movie Freddy wins against movie Joker (any version).

Comics... Freddy could probably find something in him.

The biggest joke is someone like Spectre having trouble with Joker mind. Almost like somone like Living Tribunal would have problem with his mind smile

Someone like them should be able to cure Joker insanity or his mind with a simple thought.

DarkSaint85
MM/Fernus was able to cure him, seemingly effortlessly thumb up

tkitna
Joker loses

riv6672
Originally posted by HueyFreeman
I am curious how freddy would perceive joker. Krueger usually has innate knowledge of his victims but it doesn't seem to be telepathy. He usually knows every corner of their thoughts, fears and histories. He could possibly know jokers real origin.
Or it could be the exact opposite.
Without quoting most of the responses above (thanks for those!), the assumptions here are skewed heavily towards Freddy. So, they should favor Joker, too.
The fact is, Joker has stymied the Spectre. Freddy is not on that level. And while MM temporarily sanitized Joker, it wasnt easy, it wasnt for long (a minute, tops), and doesnt mean everyone he faces can do the same.
Freddy's been put to task by regular teens. They've figured him out, they've brought him to the real world, and beaten him, as far as a creature like him can be.
Joker, at the LEAST, can do that much. Freddy's not walking all over Joker.

DarkSaint85
Nah, Fernus sanitised him for days/weeks, effortlessly, along with every other inmate in Arkham and every other insane criminal. Subconsciously.

Along with effectively lobotomising Lex Luthor.

riv6672
Nah, Fernus sanitised him for days/weeks, effortlessly, along with every other inmate in Arkham and every other insane criminal. Subconsciously.

Along with effectively lobotomising Lex Luthor.
I wasnt talking Fernus, just MM (same guy, i know). And again, the fact is the make him sane and win argument's just conjecture. If it were that easy, Joker would have been done with ages ago.
I've seen this argument twice now since getting here and havent bought it either time. Its kind of a lazy fall back.
If thats the only, very iffy way people can think of to beat the Joker, its actually pretty telling as to his level of badassery.

DarkSaint85
Yah, true.

I'm just saying, Freddy preys on your fears and kills you with that. Joker's only hope is in realising that he's in a dream, and turning the tables on Freddy.

Possible, considering Joker at times knows he's in a comic, but in the absence of any other information (don't forget, the teenagers only defeated Freddy because they figured out people were dying from their dreams) I doubt it.

riv6672
Well, you sort of made my point for me (and thanks for not taking my low opinion of the sanity fall back the wrong way). Joker is very self aware. He can see things in ways others cant, and his personality shifts accordingly. Someone invading his dreams might amuse him to no end.

SamZED
MM/Fernus was able to cure him, seemingly effortlessly thumb up MM didn't really cure him, he temporarily managed to make him "sane" it was a great effort for him and he only managed to keep that up for seconds. Also we don't even know if he really "cured" him or temporarily mindraped to make him normal by our standarts.

DarkSaint85
Originally posted by SamZED
MM didn't really cure him, he temporarily managed to make him "sane" it was a great effort for him and he only managed to keep that up for seconds. Also we don't even know if he really "cured" him or temporarily mindraped to make him normal by our standarts.

I said Fernus/MM because at the time, MM was still in control-ish, so I didn't know whose power actually did it. Not referring to the Rock of Ages storyline.

Xplosive
Originally posted by riv6672
I wasnt talking Fernus, just MM (same guy, i know). And again, the fact is the make him sane and win argument's just conjecture. If it were that easy, Joker would have been done with ages ago.
I've seen this argument twice now since getting here and havent bought it either time. Its kind of a lazy fall back.
If thats the only, very iffy way people can think of to beat the Joker, its actually pretty telling as to his level of badassery.

Actually it would be easy... but then we just wouldn't have old Joker anymore.

Both are psychos.

Yes Joker is more self-aware than humans whom Freddy faced, but so is Freddy. Both of them have much higher awareness.

But still, if Freddy would choose to kill him, he would, he doesn't need much to kill him.

And everyone who stopped Freddy... sooner or later Freddy returned and finished them.

carver9
Freddy could just outright kill him. He doesn't need to exploit any weaknesses. This is a stomp.

riv6672
Wow, i totally disagree with most of the last few posts. Lumping Joker in with Pre 21 Jump Street Johnny Depp is just wrong. smile

Xplosive
Wow, i totally disagree with most of the last few posts. Lumping Joker in with Pre 21 Jump Street Johnny Depp is just wrong. smile

Of course not, but Freddy is also psycho, wouldn't hold back, especially not on someone like Joker, and could just outright kill him.

riv6672
People keep saying that.
If he were able to just kill someone on Joker's level that easily, there never would have been any movies, as those kids would never have offered any resistance.

This is like saying some mook off the street can just shoot Batman dead. I'm not wrong. I'm not lying.
But really, is that going to happen? No.

Xplosive
People keep saying that.
If he were able to just kill someone on Joker's level that easily, there never would have been any movies, as those kids would never have offered any resistance

He was mostly only playing with kids, it was fun for him.

Branlor Swift
I've always viewed Freddy as like a dream God. Like he's all powerful in dreams. Obviously not on a comic all powerful level though.

It'd be interesting to see if Joker perceives himself powerful enough to match Freddy though. Jason was just some mindless retard and Freddy had to go to the drowning thing to take him down. The types of characters that give telepathy trouble in comics I think would carry over into their dreams quite well Imo.

riv6672
THANK you!
Thats all i've been trying to get across! laughing out loud

Galan007
MM/Fernus was able to cure him, seemingly effortlessly thumb up j'onn barely managed to make joker sane for a single page, and outright stated that it was "impossible" to telepathically control him any longer than that:
http://i.imgur.com/aK3mtNC.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/sWeYJNh.jpg
if a telepath of j'onn's caliber struggled that much with joker's mind, i think ol' freddy would be completely phucked, tbh.

DarkSaint85
I said Fernus/MM because at the time, MM was still in control-ish, so I didn't know whose power actually did it. Not referring to the Rock of Ages storyline.

Galan007
reported. thumb up

abhilegend
Originally posted by Galan007
j'onn barely managed to make joker sane for a single page, and outright stated that it was "impossible" to telepathically control him any longer than that:
http://i.imgur.com/aK3mtNC.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/sWeYJNh.jpg
if a telepath of j'onn's caliber struggled that much with joker's mind, i think ol' freddy would be completely phucked, tbh.
I think he's talking about the instance where Fernus did it.Originally posted by Galan007
reported. thumb up
Really?

Galan007
yep, i reported his ass. thumb up

abhilegend
Originally posted by Galan007
yep, i reported his ass. thumb up
You reported "his ass"?

messed

Xplosive
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
I've always viewed Freddy as like a dream God. Like he's all powerful in dreams. Obviously not on a comic all powerful level though.

It'd be interesting to see if Joker perceives himself powerful enough to match Freddy though. Jason was just some mindless retard and Freddy had to go to the drowning thing to take him down. The types of characters that give telepathy trouble in comics I think would carry over into their dreams quite well Imo.

But Jason is hard to kill all around... what Jason took from Freddy, Joker would be immediately dead.

Freddy can outright kill him.

DarkSaint85
Its quite fine.

Branlor Swift
Originally posted by Xplosive
But Jason is hard to kill all around... what Jason took from Freddy, Joker would be immediately dead.

Freddy can outright kill him. And Jason wasn't even in the real world and he was just a mindless retard who pictured himself too durable for Freddy.

If Joker's telepathy resistance carries over to the Dream Realm he's going to be a handful and then some.

HueyFreeman
I should ask, "is the dream master theme playing when they meet? If so than Freddy 10/10"

y5DUoZJPVac

Xplosive
Originally posted by Branlor Swift
And Jason wasn't even in the real world and he was just a mindless retard who pictured himself too durable for Freddy.

If Joker's telepathy resistance carries over to the Dream Realm he's going to be a handful and then some.

Something that Joker doesn't have.

Freddy wins against Joker in both worlds.

Epicurus
Something that Joker doesn't have.

Freddy wins against Joker in both worlds.
Jason pictured himself that way, even in the dreamworld.

Wrong. Freddy would be lucky to even make it out alive from the Joker's mind.

Epicurus
The biggest joke is someone like Spectre having trouble with Joker mind. Almost like somone like Living Tribunal would have problem with his mind smile
Spectre isn't on the Living Tribunal's level though.erm

Xplosive
Originally posted by Epicurus
Jason pictured himself that way, even in the dreamworld.

Wrong. Freddy would be lucky to even make it out alive from the Joker's mind.

Jason in dream world was like in a real world. It automatically pictured his natural abilities from real world to dream world against Freddy. Freddy was still too powerful for him and with proper writing he could kill Jason easily, slice him in two, tear his head off... but then it just wouldn't be interesting.

In my opinion, Freddy wins easily.

Spectre isn't on the Living Tribunal's level though.erm

True, but still he should be able to do it easily.... actually extremely easily.

Epicurus
Jason in dream world was like in a real world. It automatically pictured his natural abilities from real world to dream world against Freddy.

In my opinion, Freddy wins easily.

No, that's how he pictures himself. The average human psyche would normally be incapable of distinguishing between the real and the dreamworld. Joker on the other hand is on a completely different level of insane. His mind could end up accidentally fracturing the dreamworld, or maybe even hijacking it from Freddy.

Nope. Freddy's powers are clearly telepathic/illusory in nature. See Joker's interactions with J'onn J'onnz to know how telepaths fare against him.

True, but still he should be able to do it easily.... actually extremely easily.
Why? The Joker's mind is so badly damaged, that possessing Mxy's powers resulted in the universe going kaboom.

golem370
Biggest fear for Joker is no Batman to play with?

riv6672
Mine is exposure of my browser history, which shows what i've been playing with....erm

SamZED
Mine is exposure of my browser history, which shows what i've been playing with....erm
Been there.

Hell still am...

maxivitopowe
Who isn't?

operator616

The reason Joker was able to resist Hal-Spectre's mindrape was because it happened at the time of Joker's Last Laugh (that's the name of a story arc) when his mind became more powerful as a result of being psychically connected to the Jokerized characters. In Joker's Last Laugh, Joker thought he was dying (although later this was disproven) so he started jokerizing most of the super villain community which he became psychically connected to.

And Corrigan-Spectre had problems with the Joker only due to the fact that he was weakened from previous stories. Two issues prior to the Joker story, Spectre gets stabbed by the spear of destiny, and even the Joker issue itself says that Spectre is weakened.

Context's important, you know.

Why? The Joker's mind is so badly damaged, that possessing Mxy's powers resulted in the universe going kaboom.

There's a Pre-crisis issue (DC Comics Presents #72), where Joker also managed to take possession of Maaldor's powers, and his control over that power was greater than Maaldor's simply due to his sheer level of insanity. Thing is, Maaldor was a multiversal power in that issue, he was actually threatening the whole multiverse, and pre-crisis we all know that means infinite universes.

Originally posted by golem370
Biggest fear for Joker is no Batman to play with?

Depends on which comic you're going with. For instance, in Detective Comics #664 (Knightfall) Scarecrow tried to uncover Joker's phobia to no apparent effect; in Titans, he apparently had a fear but nothing specific was mentioned. But yeah, one could say that his biggest fear is not to have Batman around; this was after all the reason why he couldn't kill him in Emperor Joker and kept on re-creating him. And in Batman LTDK #65 he supposedly kills Batman (although he's later revealed to be alive, but point is, Joker actually thought that Batman was finally dead) and when he does so, (in the next issue) he actually becomes sane and goes on to have a girlfriend for 3 months looking like a perfectly normal and sane person.

riv6672
I still dont see where any of that puts Joker at a level with the movie teens.

SamZED
Don't recall anything about Joker's mind being enhanced in the Last Laugh story. But it's been years since I've read it.

operator616
Originally posted by SamZED
Don't recall anything about Joker's mind being enhanced in the Last Laugh story. But it's been years since I've read it.

What i was referring to happened in a tie-in not in the main 6 issue arc (minus Secret Files & Origins), that's why perhaps you don't recall it. Here's the scan which outright states it:

http://i.imgur.com/sntSzGB.jpg

Edit: I couldn't name everyone that Joker jokerized by that time, since there are too numerous, but it was definitely global. That tie-in takes place after Joker Last Laugh #3, where that's how we see the Earth:

http://i.imgur.com/uwtQt9k.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/d8gvJUb.jpg

SamZED
Cool thanks, didn't see that.

riv6672
Joker's a beast.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.