Spider-Men team vs Aquaman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

OnslaughtKILLS
Spider-Man 2099, Scarlet Spider, and Spider-Man vs Aquaman.

Who wins 10/10?

Fire Knight
Spider-Men

8swords
scarlet has the potential to solo.
but yeah team.

Khazra Reborn
Aquaman wins, borderline stomps. Granted I'm not super familiar with Spider Man 2099. Unless he's way over Parker though, I don't think he would make much difference.

h1a8
Originally posted by OnslaughtKILLS
Spider-Man 2099, Scarlet Spider, and Spider-Man vs Aquaman.

Who wins 10/10?

Spidey team wins.

-Pr-
Originally posted by 8swords
scarlet has the potential to solo.
but yeah team.

How?

I'm not being snarky, just genuinely asking, as I haven't read anything about him. What can he do? I mean, I know he's Ben Reilly and has that new look and all, but what are his actual feats?

Khazra Reborn
I don't see how the spiders would really even hurt Aquaman. That Karaqan thing, which was basically a walking sky scraper stomped all over him, and that barely even dazed him.

SamZED
Originally posted by -Pr-
How?

I'm not being snarky, just genuinely asking, as I haven't read anything about him. What can he do? I mean, I know he's Ben Reilly and has that new look and all, what are his actual feats? That's the thing, it's not Ben, it's Kaine. He goes by Scarlet Spider these days. Granted I don't know much about AM. How is his speed? Is he a speedster or more of a Namor kind of fast character? If he is then team really does win, Kaine and his stingers would be their only option though but it's a good one.

carver9
Aquaman wins.

OnslaughtKILLS
Scarlet Spider is faster and stronger then Spider-Man bu the doesn't have a spider-sense.

-Pr-
Originally posted by SamZED
That's the thing, it's not Ben, it's Kaine. He goes by Scarlet Spider these days. Granted I don't know much about AM. How is his speed? Is he a speedster or more of a Namor kind of fast character? If he is then team really does win, Kaine and his stingers would be their only option though but it's a good one.

Oh okay, my bad.

As far as speed goes, he's not really a speedster, but he is capable of bursts of speed due to his strength; like when he tackled Diana through that harbour.

What do the stingers do?

Digi
Oh okay, my bad.

As far as speed goes, he's not really a speedster, but he is capable of bursts of speed due to his strength; like when he tackled Diana through that harbour.

What do the stingers do?

Just stab, iirc, but he's cut through various metals with them. I wanted to say he could paralyze, but I think that was just Pete with his "The Other" upgrades. He can also burn you via touch through a biochemical process. Otherwise, he's a less refined, slightly more barbaric version of Spidey. More strength, too. Class 30 at least.

They'd have a hard time putting down Arthur.

namorsubby
Team.

SamZED
Oh okay, my bad.

What do the stingers do?
To add to what Digi already said -

Those stingers are basically a one-shot-win plot device weapon. Pete's killed Morlun with them. Kaine one-shotted Wolverine (back when he had his HF), and one-shot killed The Queen, a 60-foot tall monster that stomped Avengers (including Rulk, Iron Man, Wolverine and others) and shrugged off everything they threw at it.
I used to have a theory about those stingers and few months ago it was actually confirmed in a comic. Short version - Pete has an alternative magical origin story and those stingers (along with his spider sense) is just another supernatural ability he has. Or more like gets the moment he embraces his hunter/killer spider side. And while Pete has it under control, Kaine most of the time doesn't give a crap, so uses them any time he feels like it.

StiltmanFTW
Pete's ones were different; he transformed into Man Spider v2.0 and applied life drain.

Khazra Reborn
Kaine is pretty tough, and his stingers aren't to be underestimated, but Logan let him do what he did, and the stingers did absolutely nothing to Venom. As long as Kaine doesn't land a heart or brain shot right away, and given Arthur's pretty impressive damage soak he should be able to take at the very least one shot from the stingers.

StiltmanFTW
To be fair now, Thompson Venom wasn't affected by having his brain cut in half, either. He's pretty tough.

SamZED
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
Kaine is pretty tough, and his stingers aren't to be underestimated, but Logan let him do what he did, and the stingers did absolutely nothing to Venom. As long as Kaine doesn't land a heart or brain shot right away, and given Arthur's pretty impressive damage soak he should be able to take at the very least one shot from the stingers.
Wolverine let him?
Like Stilt pointed out Venom is a different story. Symbiote these days are often depicted as living goo even when merged with a host. Cutting him is useless.

@Stilt why do you think their stingers are different? Iirc Pete even pointed out that they're the same, gotta look it up though.

golem370
Where is the fight? Guy said beat Orca who has pretty strong and durable.

iscaremonkeys
Originally posted by Khazra Reborn
Aquaman wins, borderline stomps. Granted I'm not super familiar with Spider Man 2099. Unless he's way over Parker though, I don't think he would make much difference. borderline stomps......... you dont read much spidy do you?

StiltmanFTW
@Stilt why do you think their stingers are different? Iirc Pete even pointed out that they're the same, gotta look it up though.

Because he was in Man Spider mode. Could be wrong, maybe they haven't changed.

Anyway, the thing that ended Morlun was Spider's mouth sucking his life force away (sounds wrong as it damn well should).

SamZED
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
Because he was in Man Spider mode. Could be wrong, maybe they haven't changed.

Anyway, the thing that ended Morlun was Spider's mouth sucking his life force away (sounds wrong as it damn well should). All those stories are still canon, in one of the recent issues Pete narrates that Kaine has those powers, stingers (and I'm assuming organic webbing) because he unlike Pete embraces the Spider (hunter/killer) side.

I think it was both, not like Pete normally has life draining powers, it was a magical plot device just like those stingers.

-Pr-
Originally posted by Digi
Just stab, iirc, but he's cut through various metals with them. I wanted to say he could paralyze, but I think that was just Pete with his "The Other" upgrades. He can also burn you via touch through a biochemical process. Otherwise, he's a less refined, slightly more barbaric version of Spidey. More strength, too. Class 30 at least.

They'd have a hard time putting down Arthur.

To add to what Digi already said -

Those stingers are basically a one-shot-win plot device weapon. Pete's killed Morlun with them. Kaine one-shotted Wolverine (back when he had his HF), and one-shot killed The Queen, a 60-foot tall monster that stomped Avengers (including Rulk, Iron Man, Wolverine and others) and shrugged off everything they threw at it.
I used to have a theory about those stingers and few months ago it was actually confirmed in a comic. Short version - Pete has an alternative magical origin story and those stingers (along with his spider sense) is just another supernatural ability he has. Or more like gets the moment he embraces his hunter/killer spider side. And while Pete has it under control, Kaine most of the time doesn't give a crap, so uses them any time he feels like it.

confused

Which is it?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.