Omega Rugal vs. Evil Ryu

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Bignose30
Who is going to take this...?

Darkstorm Zero
this was done to death way back in the day...

Rugal CAN edge E.Ryu out, but in terms of overall strength, E.Ryu simply has more feats and screentime on offer.

Bignose30
Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
this was done to death way back in the day...

Rugal CAN edge E.Ryu out, but in terms of overall strength, E.Ryu simply has more feats and screentime on offer. Didnt rugal pwn the entire 95 roster? i only know Evil ryu's durability feat by shrugging off bullets. What are his other feats?

Darkstorm Zero
Originally posted by Bignose30
Didnt rugal pwn the entire 95 roster? i only know Evil ryu's durability feat by shrugging off bullets. What are his other feats?

Yeah, but he self destructed before causing any lasting injury or fatalities.

Ryu and Evil Ryu's feats are quite extensive, which include thiings like superspeed and strength going by the fight with Viper. and powers that are said to match Alpha Gouki, which is no small measure of power.

Bignose30
To be honest... I just don't see Ryu matching gouki.... Gouki wtfpwned an island in alpha. Which had mountain ranges. Ryu's best feat was lifting a boulder. I don't see how that compares... Ryu also dodged some bullets too. But that doesnt compare either.

Darkstorm Zero
To be honest... I just don't see Ryu matching gouki.... Gouki wtfpwned an island in alpha. Which had mountain ranges. Ryu's best feat was lifting a boulder. I don't see how that compares... Ryu also dodged some bullets too. But that doesnt compare either.

*Shrugs* It was stated by Gouki himself... If Ryu ever truly tapped the Satsui no Hadou back in Alpha, Gouki said he'd be one of the very few who could match him. That's what Gouki craves, a fight to the death against someone who can potentially kill him with nothing but their own power and training vs his own. If there is anyone capable of judging wether or not someone is capable of doing that, it's Gouki, and not because of some sort of self praise, but because that is what he wants, he is seeking death at the hands of someone worthy.

Bignose30
*Shrugs* It was stated by Gouki himself... If Ryu ever truly tapped the Satsui no Hadou back in Alpha, Gouki said he'd be one of the very few who could match him. That's what Gouki craves, a fight to the death against someone who can potentially kill him with nothing but their own power and training vs his own. If there is anyone capable of judging wether or not someone is capable of doing that, it's Gouki, and not because of some sort of self praise, but because that is what he wants, he is seeking death at the hands of someone worthy. Ryu has the potential. but he still very far away from matching Gouki IMO. So far, these are the people that are a match for Gouki...
-Oro
-Gill
-SFA3 Bison
-Gouken
-Prime Gen
It would have much easier for him to find a worthy opponent if he didnt throw away his humanity.

Darkstorm Zero
Ryu has the potential. but he still very far away from matching Gouki IMO. So far, these are the people that are a match for Gouki...
-Oro
-Gill
-SFA3 Bison
-Gouken
-Prime Gen
It would have much easier for him to find a worthy opponent if he didnt throw away his humanity.

Current Ryu vs Current Gouki, yes Gouki is still far and away the better fighter, especially featwise.

Of all those you listed, only 2 would be considered by Gouki to be worthy. Oro, and Gouken. Gill has already lost once to Gouki, Bison has fallen to Gouki and caused him to resurrect once, plus Gouki considers Bison's methods to be a cheap shortcut., and gen is too sick now to pose a challenge to Gouki.

Yes, but then that would require Gouki to hold back, he considered his humanity a limitation he had to sacrifice in order to break his human limits. If one cannot defeat him with all of his power, then they are unworthy of fighting him, in his mind.

See, here's the thing, Gouki's morality and world views are very different from the norm, even when compared to other fighters.

Bignose30
Current Ryu vs Current Gouki, yes Gouki is still far and away the better fighter, especially featwise.

Of all those you listed, only 2 would be considered by Gouki to be worthy. Oro, and Gouken. Gill has already lost once to Gouki, Bison has fallen to Gouki and caused him to resurrect once, plus Gouki considers Bison's methods to be a cheap shortcut., and gen is too sick now to pose a challenge to Gouki.

Yes, but then that would require Gouki to hold back, he considered his humanity a limitation he had to sacrifice in order to break his human limits. If one cannot defeat him with all of his power, then they are unworthy of fighting him, in his mind.

See, here's the thing, Gouki's morality and world views are very different from the norm, even when compared to other fighters.
And its better that way IMHO.

Gill managed to hold his own though, so he is somewhat of a match
But yeah Oro and Gouken are the best matches for him so far. And i said prime Gen dude...

Fair enough...

Yeah...They are...

Darkstorm Zero
And its better that way IMHO.

Indeed

Gill managed to hold his own though, so he is somewhat of a match
But yeah Oro and Gouken are the best matches for him so far. And i said prime Gen dude...

True, Gill, featwise could match Gouki, but Gill did lose their one direct match, and Gouki, in his normal state, still withholds the lions share of his power.

Now, as for prime Gen, that's a massive, massive unknown, as we have no actual point of reference as to how Gen was back then. Outside of comic backstories that is... :P

Yeah...They are...

Yeah, he's a prime example of how you turn out when power is the absolute and everything.

Meioh_Hades
The main problem about Omega Rugal, imho is his "instability". If Rugal uses too much the Orochi power, he dies.

I think that a "stable" Omega Rual could put a good fight against Evil Ryu, but since Evil Ryu is about "island buster" Alpha 2 Gouki's power, things get grim for Rugal.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.