Atlas (Erik Josten) vs The Thing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Magog
probably been done before, but couldn't find it.

each one at normal strength/abilities.

who wins the majority?

Geeker
Atlas, easily!

leonidas
atlas should take him, but i wouldn't say easily.

riv6672
Ben will take it, but he's going to need to stick and move.
Good fight!

golem370
Atlas at 220,000lbs at 60 feet

Tony Stark
Ben has already KO'd Atlas in a Thunderbolts issue... Can't remember which one though. Maybe somebody else can remember.

abhilegend
Atlas beats the shit out of Ben. He's more in Thor's strength class than Thing's.

Magog
To be fair, this isn't a "who is stronger thread"...Ben is a better fighter.

riv6672
Fair means nothing. Only power matters!

But not really. Thats why i said stick and move. Ben's smart enough to use the terrain and Atlas' size against him.
Actually he's rare that way in terms of super strong characters. Most are going straight slug fest in this scenario. Ben's s thinking man's bruiser.

Geeker
Originally posted by riv6672
Fair means nothing. Only power matters!

But not really. Thats why i said stick and move. Ben's smart enough to use the terrain and Atlas' size against him.
Actually he's rare that way in terms of super strong characters. Most are going straight slug fest in this scenario. Ben's s thinking man's bruiser.

Except all the times when he isn't like grey hulk or Luke Cage etc.

riv6672
Except all the times he is. Can't just go low end. Ben's smart in a fight more often than not.

JBL
Atlas would stomp thing in no time. I would love to see thing ( not drugged) enter that mansion and take on the team Hercules took on and made it to Goliath, anybody thinking thing would give Atlas a fight ( no pis ) should be in a rubber room reading up on Atlas/Goliath.

Geeker
Originally posted by JBL
Atlas would stomp thing in no time. I would love to see thing ( not drugged) enter that mansion and take on the team Hercules took on and made it to Goliath, anybody thinking thing would give Atlas a fight ( no pis ) should be in a rubber room reading up on Atlas/Goliath.

Good Post!

riv6672
Yeah, for a post full of opinions. I can make the same post and say Ben wins and whoever doesnt think so should be wearing rubber pants and reading Where The Wild Things Are.

golem370
Thing can win using hits to Atlas' ankles knees and feet.

Magog
Originally posted by JBL
It's Thing, with a capital T...don't forget it punk.

JBL
Yeah, for a post full of opinions. I can make the same post and say Ben wins and whoever doesnt think so should be wearing rubber pants and reading Where The Wild Things Are. Let me know when Thing joins this class.....http://www.supermegamonkey.net/chronocomic/entries/scans15/IM206_Opening.jpg

riv6672
Not sure what i'm supposed to be looking at there. A chronology?
I'm assuming you're saying Ben's outclassed power wise though?
He really isnt.

JBL
Not sure what i'm supposed to be looking at there. A chronology?
I'm assuming you're saying Ben's outclassed power wise though?
He really isnt. Thing is nowhere near the strength class of Thor, hercules and Wonderman. Atlas is in the same strength class as them.

riv6672
And, like i said jokingly, its all about power. Skill means nothing.

basilisk
Atlas takes this.

Tony Stark
Originally posted by JBL
Let me know when Thing joins this class.....http://www.supermegamonkey.net/chronocomic/entries/scans15/IM206_Opening.jpg

Are you aware that Ben has beaten/KO'd The HULK numerous times and that Atlas is NOWHERE as strong as The HULK right?

riv6672
Eh. Ben's very underrated.

JBL
Originally posted by Tony Stark
Are you aware that Ben has beaten/KO'd The HULK numerous times and that Atlas is NOWHERE as strong as The HULK right? So Ben is now in hulks class? Thing has been beaten by characters far weaker than hulk. A Thing vs Hulk thread would net Ben zero votes without pis involved.

tkitna
Are you aware that Ben has beaten/KO'd The HULK numerous times and that Atlas is NOWHERE as strong as The HULK right?

Numerous times? I can only remember one or two. Help me out.

riv6672
Originally posted by JBL
Thing has been beaten by characters far weaker than hulk.
Thats a flawed argument, in that weaker characters beating stronger ones is what comics are about.

Magog
Originally posted by JBL
Thing is nowhere near the strength class of Thor, hercules and Wonderman. Atlas is in the same strength class as them.
LMAO....no, he isn't.

JBL
Thats a flawed argument, in that weaker characters beating stronger ones is what comics are about. Point is, Thing is not beating Hulk, thor, hercules Wonderman or Atlas in a forum fight, the writers MIGHT let him win with major pis involved in a comic, but Things not winning here.

riv6672
I understand quite a few posters on this type of board are power obsessed, misinformed, fanboys, or a combination of the three, that think they know better than the folks that write this stuff for a living, yeah. laughing out loud
I'll keep backing my choices.

riv6672
There's not really a good way to take that obnoxious post, but i really mean no offense.
I'm just not going to go with a choice i dont believe in. Why even bother debating then?

Tony Stark
Originally posted by JBL
Point is, Thing is not beating Hulk, thor, hercules Wonderman or Atlas in a forum fight, the writers MIGHT let him win with major pis involved in a comic, but Things not winning here.

Ben has beaten The HULK multiple times.
He has never beaten THOR.
He's stalemated Hercules.
He has beaten Wonderman.
He has beaten Atlas.

Deal with it.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Ben has beaten The HULK multiple times.
He has never beaten THOR.
He's stalemated Hercules.
He has beaten Wonderman.
He has beaten Atlas.

Deal with it.

Issue or reference number of when Thing has beaten the Hulk please.

When has he stalemated Hercules? The mortal one in Ancient Greece?

When has he beaten Wonder Man? Drawing a blank on this one.

Never heard of the Atlas incident ever.

JBL
Originally posted by Magog
LMAO....no, he isn't. Really??.... LMAO...http://www.supermegamonkey.net/chronocomic/entries/iron_man_206.shtml

riv6672
Point is?
People have already admitted Thing's and Atlas' strength difference.
I know, i know, forum fight/nothing else matters. wink

basilisk
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus
When has he beaten Wonder Man? Drawing a blank on this one.

Thing fought Wonder Man in an old Marvel Two-in-One, but it wasn't much of a fight. Wonder Man was mind controlled by Xemnu and acting like a zombie, and Thing was doing things like pulling the rug out from under his feet and knocking him away with a spray from a fire hydrant. There was no result in the end. Another issue in that series did make it pretty clear Wonder Man was a lot stronger though.

He fought another mind-controlled Simon later in the Thing series. He knocked Simon out but commented that he wasn't really fighting back.

DTM
Thing while not in the same power levels of Hulk, Thor, Hercules and such does get by with fighting outside his weight class by his heart, guts and fighting spirit. Thats what caused him to earn the respect of The Champion after he beat many of Marvels big bricks. Who would win here, Im not entire sure really, each combatant has advantages over the other, personally I think its a pretty close match up.

riv6672
I think so too. I wouldnt say so, for the umpteenth time, but i liked your reasoning, and just wanted to say so.

Magog
Originally posted by JBL
Really??.... LMAO...http://www.supermegamonkey.net/chronocomic/entries/iron_man_206.shtml
Back in '86...as Goliath.

...and who was knocked out by Iron Man btw.

We're talking about today, as Atlas.

At his peak Thor is probably twice as strong as Atlas...not even close.

My $$ is on Herc out lifting him too.

I'll concede he may be in the same class as the current Wonder Man.

Thing can take him...better fighter, more experience, greater heart.

abhilegend
Back in '86...as Goliath.

...and who was knocked out by Iron Man btw.

We're talking about today, as Atlas.

At his peak Thor is probably twice as strong as Atlas...not even close.

My $$ is on Herc out lifting him too.

I'll concede he may be in the same class as the current Wonder Man.

Thing can take him...better fighter, more experience, greater heart.
Thor isn't twice as strong as Atlas, Eric is certainly a peer of Thor in strength and Thor has conceded that too. Heck, Thor isn't twice as strong as Ben. One stomp from Atlas has taken down Hyperion FFS and Simon has conceded Atlas is stronger than him.

erm

Magog
Originally posted by abhilegend
Thor isn't twice as strong as Atlas, Eric is certainly a peer of Thor in strength and Thor has conceded that too. Heck, Thor isn't twice as strong as Ben. One stomp from Atlas has taken down Hyperion FFS and Simon has conceded Atlas is stronger than him.

erm
I'll take your word for it. I guess I find it hard to believe Atlas standing toe-to-toe with a Trans-level God in then strength department. Does that mean he's as strong as a fully enraged HULK?

Do you have a panel/link for the WM concession?

Also, doesn't Hyperion fluctuate fairly wildly in his performance?

riv6672
This is a moot point. Strength difference has already been established. It comes down to skill, despite what certain say.
Every fight on the forum's not automatically decided by power.

abhilegend
I'll take your word for it. I guess I find it hard to believe Atlas standing toe-to-toe with a Trans-level God in then strength department. Does that mean he's as strong as a fully enraged HULK?

Do you have a panel/link for the WM concession?

Also, doesn't Hyperion fluctuate fairly wildly in his performance?
Trans level god? Thor is high herald in strength. And an enraged Hulk is stronger than Thor.

Will find it.

Not really.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.