Saitama vs. Goku

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

danteiscool
this is Goku from the beginning of DBZ, when he fought Raditz.

he is not allowed to fly. ki blasts are okay though.

so how does this go? does he beat the aptly named OnePunch-Man? or does he himself get beaten?

dadudemon
I don't know.

Goku should easily be planet-busting at this point because Roshi easily destroyed the moon at a much lower power level.

I don't think Goku has the durability to withstand Saitama's raw physical power, however. Goku does not obtain that until at least the Super Saiyan level, imo.

OhLawdyLawd
Originally posted by dadudemon
I don't know.

Goku should easily be planet-busting at this point because Roshi easily destroyed the moon at a much lower power level.

I don't think Goku has the durability to withstand Saitama's raw physical power, however. Goku does not obtain that until at least the Super Saiyan level, imo.

are you sure? He got chopped in the head with a meat cleaver hard early in dragon ball and shot at too.

BloodRain
A human with a cleaver and a bullet, even as a kid, mean little to the Punch.

danteiscool
and Goku's strength and speed at the time of fighting Raditz is considerable, so Saitama will at least have to try, hence my reason for this match.

StealthRanger
Goku is at least moon level since he's about equal to Piccolo who did this

Saitama is continent level at best

BloodRain
With ki, not so much physically.

carver9
Originally posted by dadudemon
I don't know.

This.

Also, what's Saitama best strength ft?

carver9
Originally posted by StealthRanger
Goku is at least moon level since he's about equal to Piccolo who did this

Saitama is continent level at best

Piccolo destroyed that moon effortlessly with one hand. Pretty sure that wasn't his max.

dadudemon
Originally posted by carver9
Piccolo destroyed that moon effortlessly with one hand. Pretty sure that wasn't his max.

This.

Since Goku is multiple times stronger than Roshi when he fights Radditz, and Goku was a smidgen stronger that Piccolo who effortlessly destroyed the moon, it should not be a stretch to assume Goku is at or nearly at Earth-sized planet busting levels of power.

Lemme further solidify that point by explaining that Piccolo did not just destroy the moon: he obliterated it with waaaay more energy than was needed to destroy it. It appeared to be near a complete vaporization which is much much more energy than is needed to just overcome the GBE of the moon.

danteiscool
well, Saitama was kicked to the moon in under a minute and was unhurt by it. he even jumped from the moon back to earth in a similar time frame too and was also unhurt by that. so he should be able to tank Goku's attacks.

SSJGGogeta
Originally posted by danteiscool
well, Saitama was kicked to the moon in under a minute and was unhurt by it. he even jumped from the moon back to earth in a similar time frame too and was also unhurt by that. so he should be able to tank Goku's attacks.

You're forgetting that Kid Goku threw boss Rabbit to the moon in Dragon Ball. That feat is still unimpressive compared to what DBZ has to offer.

I will say this though. From the newest chapter of OPM, Saitama is on par with around Saiyan saga Goku, physically that is.

I'd say he could beat Raditz, to maybe Nappa, but definitely not Vegeta or Goku, considering the massive advantage they have with their casual planet level ki blasts. Plus Kaioken and Great ape, lol.

danteiscool
Ah, you're referring to him using his Serious Strike on Boros' ultimate supposed-planetary level attack, right?

BloodRain
He didn't throw boss rabbit. In a gag he used his pole to extend himself up there iirc.

Taking it that Saitama beats the meteor punch feat in the newer chapter/s?

danteiscool
Oh yeah, he beat it. The supposed meteor punch is much weaker than Boros' ultimate attack, which the alien in question said can wipe out the surface of an entire planet. Given that this is never actually shown, it is debatable, but he's most likely used it a few times in the past so he knows what he's talking about. And of course, Saitama goes and punches the energy blast into oblivion.

SSJGGogeta
Originally posted by BloodRain
He didn't throw boss rabbit. In a gag he used his pole to extend himself up there iirc.

Taking it that Saitama beats the meteor punch feat in the newer chapter/s?

No, it wasn't a gag. He used power pole to extend him up there, and he died.

Yes though. When Boros went super saiyan or whatever, he shot a planet busting blast at Saitama to see how he could deal with it. This is definitely planet busting level, since he would know considering he had more likely than not used it in the past while conquering countless planets. Anyway, Saitama got serious and punched through it, proving his physical strength to be planet+ level, meaning he could contend with Saiyan saga DBZ characters, probably up to Nappa.

danteiscool
And even then, he's still most likely not using his full strength to counter that blast.

BloodRain
Yeah, sounds like a gag. It was early DB after all. Anyhow, that doesn't make it a strength fest at all.

Cool. The last chapter was the meteor one right? Can't be bothered searching through what I've read.

TheTyrant
One-Punch Man.

danteiscool
Well damn, after that last punch on page 32 of the recent chapter... will Goku still be conscious after a hit like that?

carver9
Why wouldn't he be? What punch? Do you have a scan of this?

danteiscool
Here you go: http://www.mangahere.co/manga/onepunch_man/c035.2/32.html

SSJGGogeta
Well damn, after that last punch on page 32 of the recent chapter... will Goku still be conscious after a hit like that?

Very much so. In fact, any Goku after Saiyan saga will tank it with the smallest amount of effort possible.

danteiscool
After saiyan sage sure, no doubt. But Saiyan saga himself?

SSJGGogeta
After saiyan sage sure, no doubt. But Saiyan saga himself?

Yes. Boros was planet purging level with his strongest blast, which Saitama punched through with his full strength. Piccolo Jr. was planet purging level in Dragon Ball with his strongest demon wave, and Goku did the same to a lesser extent with his strongest kamehameha wave.

Saiyan saga level Goku ate through a planet VAPORIZING attack, with his strongest blast, something even more impressive than Saitama's punch, considering it takes around a million times more energy to destroy the planet completely including the core, than it does to vaporize the surface of the planet.

That, along with more impressive speed than Saitama, put Saiyan saga Goku above him, at least while using Kaioken.

Again, a much better fight would be someone like Nappa against Saitama, though Saitama would still most likely win.

danteiscool
Especially since Saitama was still holding back a great deal.

SSJGGogeta
Especially since Saitama was still holding back a great deal.

Wait, when?

If you mean when he punched through Boros' blast, you're wrong.

He was being completely serious, meaning he was using his full power, aka, "not holding back".

danteiscool
According to Boros himself, nope. He said that Saitama was lying when he said it had been a great fight. He said that Saitama hadn't been 'baring his fangs' at all during the entire fight. And Saitama was unable to say anything in response to that.

SSJGGogeta
According to Boros himself, nope. He said that Saitama was lying when he said it had been a great fight. He said that Saitama hadn't been 'baring his fangs' at all during the entire fight. And Saitama was unable to say anything in response to that.

Boros said Saitama hadn't been baring his fangs the whole time. That insinuates, more so than what you're claiming, that Saitama only did so with his last attack. Which makes sense, because he said it was a "serious" strike.

Saitama might not have used his full strength, but he still had to get serious in that fight, which was at least something. We still don't know how strong he is, but he's, as I said previously, around full planet buster level(PRESUMABLY), which is Saiyan saga level, making him, as of this current chapter, around Vegeta level. However, Vegeta would still win because of the Great ape form, and Goku would win because of Kaioken.

The results haven't changed.

BloodRain
Yeah no, that wasn't his full power.

Planetary level physical attacks.. hiya going far.

SSJGGogeta
Yeah no, that wasn't his full power.

Planetary level physical attacks.. hiya going far.

"Saitama might not have used his full strength, but he still had to get serious in that fight"

Yeah, I didn't expect him to be so strong when the series first started.

BloodRain
I expected continantal at best, with that meteor shocking me but not being too far from expectations.

Then boom planet punch..

SSJGGogeta
I expected continantal at best, with that meteor shocking me but not being too far from expectations.

Then boom planet punch..

Same here.

It's kind of stupid honestly. He got hurt from the mosquitoes from the one *****, when he has planet level durability.

BloodRain
When the man achieves that power from 100 sit ups, squats, pushups and a 10km run a day, nothing else sounds stupid haermm

SSJGGogeta
When the man achieves that power from 100 sit ups, squats, pushups and a 10km run a day, nothing else sounds stupid haermm

True, that is pretty stupid in the first place. The whole manga's a gag anyway, like Dr. Slump or Nekomajin Z, so it doesn't really matter, lol.

danteiscool
Just because he can tank blunt attacks doesn't mean he can shrug off slashing or piercing attacks; notice that whenever he goes up against someone with something sharp, he dodges rather than just let them hit him. Then again, he did get swarmed by mosquitos that one time by Mosquito girl and wasn't even fazed, so maybe it's just an unconscious fear rather than actual 'vulnerability' to such things.

And from what I hear, he has yet to unveil his 'Super Serious' series.

SSJGGogeta
Just because he can tank blunt attacks doesn't mean he can shrug off slashing or piercing attacks; notice that whenever he goes up against someone with something sharp, he dodges rather than just let them hit him. Then again, he did get swarmed by mosquitos that one time by Mosquito girl and wasn't even fazed, so maybe it's just an unconscious fear rather than actual 'vulnerability' to such things.

And from what I hear, he has yet to unveil his 'Super Serious' series.

What? He obviously can tank them, considering he was able to shred through the piercing meteor, and vaporized it. That things density alone would compensate for more sharpness than... you know what... forget it. You obviously wouldn't even understand this simple rule of physics anyway.

No, he just did. Unless he has some un-revealed ultimate punch, I guess.

Based Kez
1 punch tho

danteiscool
SSGogeta: by all means, explain it to me.

In the original webcomic, he has two 'series': a serious series and a super-serious series. In the webcomic drawn by Murata just now, he's only used his serious series. He has yet to use his super-serious series.

SSJGGogeta
SSGogeta: by all means, explain it to me.

In the original webcomic, he has two 'series': a serious series and a super-serious series. In the webcomic drawn by Murata just now, he's only used his serious series. He has yet to use his super-serious series.

Umm... Explain what to you?

What "original" webcomic are you talking about? I'm confused.

BloodRain
The series began as a web comic until it was converted to the manga. It's still being converted (obviously) and greatly added upon from the original comic. So what happens in the web comic will eventually be fleshed out for the manga.

danteiscool
SSJGogeta: the 'simple rule of physics' you mentioned.

And exactly what Bloodrain said. On the manga sites I go to, it usually labels the original one as One Punch Man (ONE).

Based Kez
this is Goku from the beginning of DBZ, when he fought Raditz.

he is not allowed to fly. ki blasts are okay though.

so how does this go? does he beat the aptly named OnePunch-Man? or does he himself get beaten?
Goku stomps?

danteiscool
You sound rather unsure, Based Kez.

Dramatic Gecko
I must read this manga.... sounds interesting.

danteiscool
It is, Dramatic Gekko. It most certainly is.

SSJGGogeta
Well, considering that this thread starts off using original start of Z, pre-Raditz Goku, then yes, One punch man stomps. However, any Goku after Saiyan saga would be more than sufficient in whipping Saitama's bald ass. Simply off showings, feats, and zenkai boosts alone.

Based Kez
You sound rather unsure, Based Kez.
Nah, I'm 100% sure Goku would take this match faster than Gohan taking Videls virginity.
Faster than Yamcha being killed by a Saibaman.
Faster than Krillin getting his ass kicked.
Faster than Roshi getting a bloody nose whenever he sees Bulma's panties.
Faster than Goku escaping the explosion on Namek with Frieza' spaceship.
Faster than Burter.
Faster than....

danteiscool
Your ? in your previous post is what made me think you were unsure...

BloodRain
Originally posted by Based Kez
Nah, I'm 100% sure Goku would take this match faster than Gohan taking Videls virginity.
So 1-4 years?

AsbestosFlaygon
It's funny how everybody in the manga itself have doubts about Saitama's explanation to how he acquired his power.

I think something or an event during his years of training gave him that power.
The manga will explain it soon enough.

For now, I have to say early DBZ Goku would win.

SSJGGogeta
Idk, I think Saitama beats Saiyan saga Goku. Just because of how casually he punched through a planet busting attack.

Namek + Goku obviously shits on his face though.

AsbestosFlaygon
I think there is more to that.

No human could possibly survive such a rigorous exercise routine.

We've yet to know where he came from, or who his parents were/are.

Personally, I don't think he is human, judging by his facial appearance and his inhuman strength, durability, and reflexes.

His durability against piercing/slicing weapons/attacks is questionable, though.

AsbestosFlaygon
I found the moment he became stronger.

It seems like he "overcame the limits" when his face changed, sorta like an enlightenment like Buddha or something.

http://z.mfcdn.net/store/manga/11362/020.6/compressed/fopm_tankobon_002_extra_007.jpg
http://z.mfcdn.net/store/manga/11362/020.6/compressed/fopm_tankobon_002_extra_008.jpg
http://z.mfcdn.net/store/manga/11362/020.6/compressed/fopm_tankobon_002_extra_009.jpg
http://z.mfcdn.net/store/manga/11362/020.6/compressed/fopm_tankobon_002_extra_010.jpg
http://z.mfcdn.net/store/manga/11362/020.6/compressed/fopm_tankobon_002_extra_011.jpg
http://z.mfcdn.net/store/manga/11362/020.6/compressed/fopm_tankobon_002_extra_012.jpg
http://z.mfcdn.net/store/manga/11362/020.6/compressed/fopm_tankobon_002_extra_013.jpg
http://z.mfcdn.net/store/manga/11362/020.6/compressed/fopm_tankobon_002_extra_014.jpg

AsbestosFlaygon
More proof of him "surpassing his limits" as a human being.

http://z.mfcdn.net/store/manga/11362/020.7/compressed/eopm_special_023.jpg
http://z.mfcdn.net/store/manga/11362/020.7/compressed/eopm_special_024.jpg
http://z.mfcdn.net/store/manga/11362/020.7/compressed/eopm_special_025.jpg
http://z.mfcdn.net/store/manga/11362/020.7/compressed/eopm_special_026.jpg
http://z.mfcdn.net/store/manga/11362/020.7/compressed/eopm_special_027.jpg
http://z.mfcdn.net/store/manga/11362/020.7/compressed/eopm_special_028.jpg

psycho gundam
Saitama's way more physically powerful than that era son Goku

AsbestosFlaygon
This guy is ridiculously powerful.

He defeated the personification of "absolute evil" with a punch. laughing out loud
His headbutt broke its arm off.
All this whilst holding back.

Q99
I'll mention on Boros's planet-attack: He 'only' said it was strong enough to destroy the surface of the planet ^^

So yea, past Raditz saga level to be sure.

Originally posted by AsbestosFlaygon
I found the moment he became stronger.

It seems like he "overcame the limits" when his face changed, sorta like an enlightenment like Buddha or something.

Ah, actually, look a bit closer- he had a tooth with a cavity in it. When it fell out, he was fine and destroyed the monster. The monster's punches weren't really hurting him, it was the tooth ^^

So he was already pretty strong by this point.

Later on in the comic, a scientist explains it- Every being has a natural limiter. When one becomes a monster, they are remade and get a new, higher limiter. Saitama somehow removed his limiter completely through simple work.

AsbestosFlaygon
Originally posted by Q99
I'll mention on Boros's planet-attack: He 'only' said it was strong enough to destroy the surface of the planet ^^

So yea, past Raditz saga level to be sure.

Yeah, but I wasn't talkin' about Boros.

Saitama disintegrated its arm off in its strongest form when he countered it's punch with his headbutt.

Dark-Kenshin
Forget Goku at the beginning. Saitama stomps any version of Goku with a single punch. Like the main character in Dr. Slump, he's a gag character.

xiChrome
Saitama is well over planet buster level, I'm sure everyone has heard the statement that Saitamas punch is equivalent to the big bang that created this universe. Saitama is near Light Speed, making his speed feats way faster that Goku at this point. Saitama is WAY stronger than Goku at this point. On top of that, Saitama STILL hasn't reached his full potential! Clearly Saitama takes this W, I don't know why people still put Goku and Saitama against each other, because Goku gets his ass handed to him.

xiChrome
And yes, continent level AT BEST? A LARGE underestimation. Large.

xiChrome
And yes, continent level AT BEST? A LARGE underestimation. Large. Also, stop wanking Goku. Saitama is a parody character, Namek Goku isn't going to beat Saitama. Nor is the current Saga Goku, because Saitama is a PARODY character. He's meant to have, pretty much no limit.

xiChrome
Originally posted by Based Kez
Faster than Yamcha being killed by a Saibaman.
Faster than Krillin getting his ass kicked.
Faster than Roshi getting a bloody nose whenever he sees Bulma's panties.
Faster than Goku escaping the explosion on Namek with Frieza' spaceship.
Faster than Burter.
Faster than....

No

cdtm
I was going to vote for Goku.. But you convinced me.

Saitama stomps.

carver9
He stomps Superman as well.

Sj_Sharp
Thread is interesting, but its last page is just a pile of manure. laughing out loud

cdtm
Originally posted by Sj_Sharp
Thread is interesting, but its last page is just a pile of manure. laughing out loud

Yeah, Carver killed the thread http://images.killermovies.com/forums/smilies/cartoon/laugh.gif

danteiscool
Well now, didn't expect my old thread to suddenly be revived like this.

SSJGGogeta
Originally posted by xiChrome
Saitama is well over planet buster level, I'm sure everyone has heard the statement that Saitamas punch is equivalent to the big bang that created this universe. Saitama is near Light Speed, making his speed feats way faster that Goku at this point. Saitama is WAY stronger than Goku at this point. On top of that, Saitama STILL hasn't reached his full potential! Clearly Saitama takes this W, I don't know why people still put Goku and Saitama against each other, because Goku gets his ass handed to him.

Um. You're dumb.

1. Goku has universe busting punches.

2. Saitama's best feat is blowing away a planet busting attack with a punch, something Goku has been doing since before the Namek saga.

3. Goku can keep up with Beerus in a fight. Beerus was fast enough to fly across hundreds of galaxies in just a few seconds. That's trillions of times FTL.

Saitama gets killed by the sheer weight of Goku's ki. thumb up

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.